The Obamascare Medical Arabesque Bait and Switch Reform Act of 2009

By Rick Saunders
America’s Right

Well, now that the true depth and breadth of the lunacy of the Obamascare Medical Arabesque Bait and Switch Reform Act of 2009 is becoming more widely known to Americans–not to be confused with the inmates now in charge of running the Asylum on Capitol Hill, formerly known as “Congress”–there is angst across the land, from sea to shining sea.

The level of that angst seems to rise with each new revelation of what the actual language of the House bill–skulking through the process as HB 3200–says, thanks to people actually questioning their congressional representatives about its contents (having actually read it, unlike many congressmen), thus postponing a vote on the monstrosity.

Actually, “monstrosity” is too mild and gentle a label for this fast-track mechanism to socialized medicine and health care peddled by Dr. Obama and his crew of Chicago machine, earn-while-you-learn mental proctologists. The fact is that the bill is Dr. Obama’s prescription for what he would have us believe ails the country: free markets, capitalism and equality of opportunity. The bitter pill he wants to force down the collective throat of the nation is intended to be but one cog in the larger collectivist gearbox designed to decimate private enterprise, eventually outlaw capitalism, and drive the country toward that holy grail of liberals everywhere — equality of outcome.

Meanwhile, those citizens (not to be confused with people merely “present” in the country, legally or not) who have had the temerity to actually question the ingredients in Dr. Obama’s “trust-me-this-will-make-you-feel-better” elixir, are now denigrated, marginalized and labeled–to use Nancy Pelosi’s pejorative–un-American, Nazi-sympathizing “astroturf.”

What a jerk. What an unmitigated, disgrace Pelosi is to her office. This creature is third in the line of succession to the presidency, and she has the gall to paint citizens who refuse to march quietly into a New Dark Age of health care promised under HB 3200 as un-American? Absolutely outrageous, yet so totally unsurprising from the representative of the People’s Republic of San Francisco.

In a commentary at Townhall.com and elsewhere, Michelle Malkin nails the lunacy of the Democrats’ tactics today with the Etiquette Czar’s Rules for Patriotic Protest, a checklist of “do’s” and “don’ts” for the so-called “ugly mobs” who have the nerve to resist The Chosen One’s prescriptions. Brilliantly, she summarizes the list as: “Shhhhhh…..” And when even Camille Paglia–certainly no friend of Republicans–minces approximately zero words in calling Obama incompetent on the health care debacle and calls on Pelosi to immediately “step down” (it is unclear whether that means merely to resign as Speaker, or to resign from the House entirely — plainly, the latter would be far more prophylactic for the nation), you know there is a gigantic, structural problem with the bill and the tactics being used by the Democrats to try to ram it up the nation’s . . . well . . . nose.

Paglia also notes that Obama’s promotion of and lobbying (yes, Virginia, lobbying) for the legislation is the “most colossal, brazen bait-and-switch operation since the Bush administration snookered the country into invading Iraq.” She also correctly points out that the reaction of the Obama administration–the “snitch-on-your-neighbor” pushback initiative–was not his finest moment:

The ethical collapse of the left was nowhere more evident than in the near total silence of liberal media and Web sites at the Obama administration’s outrageous solicitation to private citizens to report unacceptable ‘casual conversations’ to the White House. If Republicans had done this, there would have been an angry explosion by Democrats from coast to coast. I was stunned at the failure of liberals to see the blatant totalitarianism in this incident, which the president should have immediately denounced. His failure to do so implicates him in it.

For the comment that, “if Republicans had done this, there would have been an angry explosion by Democrats from coast to coast,” Paglia deserves the Pulitzer Prize for Most Understated Observation du Jour.

It all begs the question: how can one be “implicated” as Paglia suggests–”implicated” thereby suggesting indirect involvement–in an incident which one has conceived, designed, approved and implemented? One who engages in such conduct is rather a perpetrator, after all, not a mere sideline observer who might somehow be “implicated.” And while Paglia may have been “stunned,” more and more Americans are realizing that this is just par for the course under this regime. How’s that “hope” and “change” working out for everyone now?

HB 3200 is a medical hydra, with at least five other poisonous heads wiggling around in the corridors of the House. Someone needs to call Orkin. The American people, having now wised up to the “colossal, brazen bait-and-switch” bamboozle being peddled by the Squatter at 1600 Pennsylvania are speaking out, as they should. To quote another famous American: “I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

No need to channel that message. Americans get it.

So, keep it up, America — the routing of the Obots from the scene has begun.

—————
Rick Saunders is a freelance writer who splits his time between endeavors in southern California and the American southwest. He began writing for America’s Right in December 2008.

Comments

I am hopeful you are correct in saying the rerouting has begun. Didn't they just recently take out the end-of-life counseling from the bill? Obviously, we're having an impact. Still, Obama and the Dems have promised to pass this thing with or without Republican support.

As I recently said in another forum, and for some of the very same reasons you have listed, I believe the republic no longer functions. I could list a dozen reasons why, but I don't want to write a book in this comment box.

If we remember the movie Star Wars: Episode One, it was the realization that the republic no longer functions which moved Queen Amidala from a position of total diplomacy to one of open rebellion. I fear we are at that point now and the rise of militias across the country is sufficient proof of that. I fear the worst in the next few weeks or months, so, again, I hope you are right in saying we are making progress to save our country. If not, God help us.

2. BobbyHughes says:

Jeff, I met you at the Sestack townhall, I was wearing the economy terminator shirt. Thank you for introducing your blog to me, I am always looking for articulate conservatives in our insane city. Taking on the left has become a David vs Goliath fight this past year. I am only 24 years old and find it harder and harder to even find friends and generation Y's alike who know the first thing about our government, other than some spoon fed indoctrination from teachers and television (for example a man in the crowd who I asked what principles America was founded on said 'Slavery'). What I have witnessed since this campaign and presidency began is nothing more than a 1985 Joe Camel cigarette ad to encourage kids to smoke, only the product is an irreversible and damning direction for our country. I encourage and appreciate genuine debate, but in a sea of uninformed peers, voices like mine get drowned out and dismissed by the biased media and cliche mantras promoted by elitist celebrities who are held in such high regard to my generation. While our voices may not be as loud, far less covered and often ridiculed it is my honest opinion that our message of liberty will resonate 1000x throughout this disastrous administrations consistent failures. I just wanted to thank you (and so many others out there) who take the time and effort to try to mitigate the damage of such a troubling future we may face as a country. I am leaving my email attached to be contacted by any grassroots/organizations in the Philadelphia area who may need help. This also leaves me open to death threats and the such but thanks to our founding fathers I have the second amendment as an insurance policy.

3. Let us move forward says:

A caller into Hannity got it right. The Healthcare bill is being pushed for passage now but won't go into effect until 2013, after the next election. This is strictly a political move!!!!!!

Because no one will lose their private coverage and no one will be denied treatment under medicare, Obama's promises will appear to have been kept and he stands a better chance of being reelected. If a republican is elected, then all of the blame for the problems will be put on the republican's shoulders.

Regardless of how many journalists experience that come-to-Jesus moment, we are eventually going to have this medical "reform" rammed down our throats (with Bawney Fwank, it might not even be limited to throats). Congress folks are not exactly know for their bravery or honesty, and the White House's ability to "make offers they cannot refuse" likely surpasses that of notorious Chicago gangsters… oh wait, they _are_ Chicago gangsters! Even if Republicans somehow find the spine to filibuster, I fully expect some of them to be unable to attend the roll call for a variety of reasons, their own funerals being a distinct possibility.

PS: Absolutely glorious comparison with Star Wars, Anon@2:53PM. Jar-Jar Binks is not on our side this time, though. :)

5. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

BobbyHughes — please e-mail me.

6. Chuck in San Diego says:

Jeff, though not related to Obamacare, I'd like to remind everyone about this before it's taken off Youtube.

As you might know, Sean Hannity, FOX NEWS, was supposed to have had a special report Sunday, 9 Aug 09, but it never materialized. For whatever reason, they aired an episode that was done earlier in the week. Why was it pulled. Listening and watching the below segments of that proposed show will enlighten you as to just what is going on in America.

Part 1 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rthv8QmJLUw

Part 2 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJNhKZh8mGY&feature=fvw

Part 3 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95XFUi8PrTs&feature=related

Part 4 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4twMf1xyM&feature=related

Part 5 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKzFtKEysjw&feature=related

Part 6 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEmRbRJFLU&feature=related

7. Lilly says:

Rick- I so "hope" you are right! Waking up our country is much harder then I ever thought it would be.
    annon. "end-of-life counseling" – What end of life counseling? OH THAT end of life counseling, how'd that get in there?

Rix:

"Bawney Fwank"….throats…their own funerals….

You are just on a comedic role tonight!!!

You had me laughing hysterically!!!

Thanks for that….laughs are few and far between these days!

Lisa in TX

WrongReform.com
    The Facts About HR3200

Just thought I'd pass it on.

10. Linda says:

WELCOME Bobby Hughes. Thank you for being level-headed and for holding onto your principles even in the duress of today's educational system, today's main stream media, and today's generation Y. You are welcome here and we look forward to your viewpoint and you sharing some thoughts and gibberish you hear coming from the Y'ers. We are from all over the country and are often sharing viewpoints and what we hear out in the citizenry.

Thanks again for finding Jeff. You won't regret it.

If they denied that the death clause was in it one day, how could they say they took it out the next day?

Someone emaied me: "I have a suspicion that this Health Plan is the plan that Hillary had ready to go… like the Patriot Act, was written during the Clinton admin. and on the shelf ready to go for 9/11.

"Bail out? Most likely manufactured by the CFR – Council on Foreign Relations [one-worlders in favor of North American Union], with the help of George Soros – as a design to cripple and kill US Capitalism."

My question: Does it seem to anyone else that the liberal "progressive" Democrats are acting like a herd of wild animals? Has anyone else noticed that the conservatives are trying to cooperate and deal nicely with pack of rabid dogs? They really sound desperate!

I mean, the lying, name-calling, underhanded tactics, intimidation, –you name it, they're doing it or have done it. And now they've hired a PR firm to attack Glenn Beck! Who's next on Fox?

12. Linda says:

Just like Nicholson said: "You want the truth . . . you can't handle the truth." That's why they're out attacking Beck.

Bobby Hughes–

I am with Linda on her comment to you!

Your writing skills are impressive, and you think as "we" do. Don't be surprised if Jeff asks you to write a piece or two or more…which I hope he does.

Welcome aboard, young'un, and thanks for showing up and making contact with our "leader."

verify: chick –can you believe that?! (I'm not a young one of those, either.)

Obama and the Democrats are old fashioned snake oil salesmen and most people in the country aren't buying it. But they'll keep lying and promising it will work as they cram it down our throats.

I wish they'd take their little wagons and go sell their 'snake oil' in another country. We have no where else to go. If they want socialism, they have plenty of countries to choose from. I'd be glad to buy anyone a one way ticket.

15. MORE FROM BOBBY says:

I too would love to see BobbyHughes a contributor!

verification word: fater
    What Tom Cruise thinks Darth's last name is

16. BobbyHughes says:

Hello all,
    I am pleased to have communicated with Jeff via E-mail since we met at the town hall. He has extended an offer to become a contributor to the blog of which I am pleased to accept. I hope some of my insight is well received by the community and humorous as well. I am looking forward to helping promote some of the values and principles I believe so strongly in. While I am fairly new to writing for an audience it is perhaps the most exciting prospect I have ever come across. I would like to thank Jeff and the community for extending such a warm welcome, my perspective will definitely be an interesting one that should get a few chuckles along the way.
    - an excited Reagan Y'er

BOBBY HUGHES–
    Yippee! Welcome aboard!

Thanks, guys!

18. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Gail,

I was very impressed when I met Bobby. I had him e-mail me not necessarily to ask him to contribute, but because my Blackberry failed while recording our conversation, and I messed up his name. (I've fixed it since.) When I received his email, I was impressed.

I think he'll do nicely.

Jeff