Return to Sender

This is interesting, because I am one of those people Fox News Channel’s Major Garrett is talking about. Just this morning, at about 11:30 a.m. I received a message entitled “Something Worth Forwarding” from David Axelrod at the White House. And this isn’t the first one I’ve received, either: On June 4, I received an e-mail from Axelrod entitled “A New Beginning — Watch the President’s Speech.” On July 23, I received one entitled “This Isn’t a Game.” Three days ago, I received a message, “It’s Time for a Reality Check.”

To be completely honest, I didn’t pay much attention to it. By the time I received the second one, I figured that perhaps Axelrod transposed “Schreiber” with [MSNBC's fawning Obot David] “Shuster” in his address book, or the White House had just inadvertently switched its “friends” list with its “enemies” list, because I’m quite certain to be on the latter. After all, look at the greeting in the introductory note included in today’s message:

Dear Friend,

This is probably one of the longest emails I’ve ever sent, but it could be the most important.

Across the country we are seeing vigorous debate about health insurance reform. Unfortunately, some of the old tactics we know so well are back — even the viral emails that fly unchecked and under the radar, spreading all sorts of lies and distortions.

As President Obama said at the town hall in New Hampshire, “where we do disagree, let’s disagree over things that are real, not these wild misrepresentations that bear no resemblance to anything that’s actually been proposed.”

So let’s start a chain email of our own. At the end of my email, you’ll find a lot of information about health insurance reform, distilled into 8 ways reform provides security and stability to those with or without coverage, 8 common myths about reform and 8 reasons we need health insurance reform now.

Right now, someone you know probably has a question about reform that could be answered by what’s below. So what are you waiting for? Forward this email.

Thanks,
David

Dear “friend?” Seriously? I have never signed up on any White House or government Web site, other than to secure student loans to facilitate my legal education. I certainly never signed on to anything supporting the president’s candidacy. So, the question remains: How did the White House obtain my e-mail address?

Unfortunately, the question remains still, because Robert Gibbs sure doesn’t want to answer it.

Comments

1. Shark Girl says:

You're joking, right? You mean you don't know about flag@whitehouse.gov?

Someone probably snitched on you. LOL

Welcome to the New America.

2. Don't get mad - Get even... says:

Jeff, I've been signed up for Demospastic Party email/phone/fax/mailings by adversaries thinking they'll pull one one me. The phone calls started irritating me until I took a lesson from someone – I asked them to call me tomorrow at my office and gave them the local police department number. The mailings bothered me until I started collecting them and waited for a "postage-paid" envelope to come in one – then I put as many of the prior mailings in the envelope and dropped it into the mail back to them. The faxes irritated me so I made 10 copies of it, taped them into a long (6 foot) page, fed one end into my fax machine, dialed their number, waited till the head of the page came out and taped it to the tail…this new continuous piece of paper cycled through the fax machine for about 10 minutes before the call ended. I waited until nighttime and repeated about 20 times. The emails were annoying until I used an inbox utility that allowed me to send 1000 responses to their one email saying I wasn't interested – I CC'd my Democraptic congresspersons.

I know all this takes time…but it puts a smile on my face every time I do it.

Jeff I to received a letter from the DNC thanking me for voting for Obama. I replied back "I didn't vote for Obama." I haven't heard from them since. It makes me wonder if my vote went to the repubs. or the Dems. Something fishy is going on.I wish I would had kept the e-mail but I had deleted it. Then it came out about all the voter fraud. I new this man was evil from the get-go. God help us all.

4. D.A.Gust says:

This is just the beginning…

As the voices are now being heard, the poll numbers dive, and it even starts to look like they are loosing, the pressure will increase on the liers to lie even more.

- – -

Example:

*http://lonestartimes.com/2009/08/13/obama-camp-plants-fake-doc-che-fan-at-jackson-lee-forum/*

^ Fake doctor ^

- – -

The USSA is right around the corner. What's next? You may be asking….swastika's painted on signs, nooses on door handles? You can bet the progressives will stop at nothing to make thier dreams come true.

I'm truely concerned that one of the progressives will pull something, and make it look as it was done by someone from the right. What is there in place to stop them? If a person may intimidate at a polling place without the law being inforced, what are the chances any laws will be upheld?

I see martial law in our near future. It will be brought on by something done by the progressive fringe. The ones they want to silence will have had nothing to do with it, but will have the blame, and everyone of us will pay the price.

5. Linda says:

Don't Get Mad: PRICELESS!!!

I just heard on Glenn Beck that the lady that asked a question to Arlen Specter yesterday received a threatening phone call on her cell phone last night. Glenn has it on his website GlennBeck.com. She has no idea how they got her cell number. She is not the only one. They called someone else's cell # also, but I can't remember who. They showed up in the middle of the night at the older gentleman's house that got upset when asking a question about his son that was in his wheelchair house. Obama will stop at nothing to quiet us down. They are trying to provoke us to get us to throw the first punch so they can show it on the MSM. I've never seen anything like it. This is why they are targeting Fox because they are telling the truth. They said that Obama took the day off today. I bet he took the day off to get up some more scare tactics and some more lies to promote his cause. They are so corrupt.

7. PATRIOTS DON'T GO MARTIAL says:

Good luck finding troops to do the martial law. They ain't stupid.

8. INBOX UNDER THE SEA says:

Sponge Bob Square Pants is now getting White House emails. :D

9. GIBBS, TRY MONSTER.COM says:

Gibbs is a pathetic front man.

10. NH, LIVE FREE OR DIE says:

Looks like 'it is on' people…. Crypts v Bloods…… pretty sad. I, like Glenn Beck, have reached the point I would sacrifice my life for truth and country… if violence comes, I am mentally and morally ready. If our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq can sacrifice there, we can here.

11. Linda says:

Everyone, please read the first article at the link that D.A. Gust points out. And then google Roxana Mayer. It's astounding! Then when you've unlocked your jaw, please pass this around.

I too have received emails from Axelrod, a friend of mine also has received them. We both are registered with Congress.org, I wonder if that's reason.

Jeff, you have crushed my feelings! CRUSHED, I tell you!

"They" have my address. I get mail frequently from "President Barack Obama" but NEVER from the Thug-in-Charge of the Thug-in-Chief!

Waanhhh!

(I blocked email from the DNC some time ago. Now it's the White House or Obama.com, etc.)

> Good luck finding troops to do the martial law. They ain't stupid.

They'll have plenty, take my word on that: union thugs, urban 'groids, and not to forget the largest pool, our Mexican guests.

When the leftist government was destroying Jewish settlements to please our Arab "friends", the settlers also wondered whether the army (of which almost half are religious people) will carry out the orders. It didn't have to: hundreds of blackshirts were hired among Russian anti-Semites who entered Israel on fake Jewish documents. They did for the sheer pleasure of "kicking some religious bastards' asses", but of course a hefty, taxpayer-covered payment didn't hurt, either.

15. doogle says:

I can only assume these emails are the kind that might be deemed "fishy", and should be forwarded to Herr Obama's SS email account as requested by the WH:

flag@whitehouse.gov

Has anyone else noticed the trolls are not blogging trying to cause trouble on the other websites like they usually are? I started noticing it a few days ago and just thought good they have gone away. Then I came upon a website tonight where someone wrote a story about the trolls laying low. They called it the "Calm Before The Storm". Wonder if they are all busy being paid to disrupt townhalls? Just a thought. I guess their master will turn them loose after he gets his agenda together.

Isn't there a law against sending mass unsolicited emails?

This is getting scary. Do they bug our houses when they get away with this? I feel like I'm living in a nightmare.

I received the same e-mails from Old Dave, but I then e-mailed the White House with the following. I recommend everyone take the opportunity to send your thoughts to the White House and keep them busy:

I am again writing you to tell you I have not "changed" my mind on your so called healthcare plan. I have not "changed" my mind about your running of this country nor have I "changed" my mind about you. You are attempting to push healthcare as fast as possible upon the people without allowing the public time to review the bill. I have serious concerns about the government involved in my life and in particular my health. It is "NONE of YOUR BUSINESS". I do not want an assigned doctor and believe me though you protest…rationing will happen. If you add 45M to your roles in addition to the existing 165M already on some form of insurance plan, it does not take a genius to know rationing will follow. We don't have enough doctors and nurses right now to care for the people and it will take time for a class to graduate. The cost of this program will be outrageous so again you will have rationing. Even Obama said Fedex and UPS do a better job than the Post Office. So what makes you think healthcare run by the government will be any different? It will not…it will just mean more control of the population for you. In response to all of the uproar against your precious healthcare, you and your propaganda press accuse ordinary citizens of being "nazis" or "troublemakers", "extremist". No, they are just people exercising their right to free speech. In addition, your affiliation with organizations such as ACORN and SEIU have enabled these thugs to go after ordinary citizens…big clue on how well they are funded is their signs are professionally printed while the so called "nazis – racists" signs are hand done. Another telling issue is that you and the congress and your families will not be part of this great healthcare system. If it is not good enough for you, it is not good enough for us either. You need mental heathcare if you think the American public is going to stand by and watch you dismantle the greatest government system ever to grace this world. (By the way, if you bothered to read history and especially the history of Rome you might have known the Western Roman Empire fell because it issued currency not backed by anything – the Eastern Empire remained in tact for 1,000 years.) Oh, I forgot you were over in Indonesia in school over there in your early youth so you probably did not get much American history. One last note – this world is not perfect and never has been and many have tried in their own way to control it, but it has only been for a fleeting moment in history. So will it be for you – and this is truth.

Oh, my they are talking on Fox News right now about white house compiling email list of enenmies!! Gibb is denying it!! Imaging this happening in Bush amdminstration!! :(

21. THIS 'SPYING' IS KINDA FUN says:

I found some fishy sites to send to flag@whitehouse.com
    ….. redlobster.com …….
    ….. captaind's.com …….

I also got the email and from time to time get emails from Obama. I have wondered why I get them and I have been quite disgusted that I would have such trash in my email.

Then I figured – well I signed up to get updates from "Media Matters" because they said they were a non-profit and non-partisan political site holding the media accountable. Funny though – Media Matters only targets the conservative media…FOX, Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc… and they attack with such hatred and ridicule that I really began to wonder: "Is mediamatters.org a huge front for the propaganda machine like CNN has become???"

So, either I wrote the White House asking them to get me a definition of Natural Born Citizen or Media Matters gave my email address to them – that is the only way I can explain it. :)

So, By the way – how is it that media matters gets to be a non-profit and SOOOOO totally biased against the "Right"??? Is there a way someone can get their "donor" list since they are non-profit? Am I the only one wondering this? :)

> Then I figured – well I signed up to get updates from "Media
    > Matters" because they said they were a non-profit and non-partisan
    > political site holding the media accountable.

Are you feeling well? T osay that MediaMatters is bipartisan, wow that makes my day, laugh-wise. As I see it, they are far to the left from MoveOn.org. In any case, what kind of "bipartisanship" do you expect from a site registered from "1625 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC"?

The first post was correct, I think. That's what I'm inclined to believe. Either that, or they troll conservative websites. You have your email on here, so…OR, maybe it was your hippie "friend".

Rix, that is my point. Media Matters claims to be bipartisan and is a Non Profit getting all the tax protection a non profit would get, HOWEVER I can clearly see that they are NOT. So how can they keep their non-profit status? Or better yet, how can we get their non-profit status revoked?