Missed it by THAT much!

Assigned Reading: WHOOPS!
(FROM: Syracuse.com)

Syracuse Common Councilor Michael Heagerty needed 335 valid signatures on his petitions to run for re-election on the Democratic Party line, a generally routine task for any incumbent. He was mortified to find Wednesday that he ended up one signature short.

And that he forgot to sign his own petition.

The city Democratic Committee had named Heagerty its designee in the 1st District and wanted to see his name in the Democratic line Nov. 3. Instead, district voters will find that spot blank.

On Wednesday evening, a reporter broke the news to Heagerty that he didn’t sign. “I didn’t sign my own petition? You’ve got to be kidding me,” he said.

This news apparently came out while I was in Poland, so my apologies if this is the second time you’ve heard it. Regardless, it was the source of a great laugh, and I wanted to share it with everyone here.

I feel awful for the guy . . . but, then again, he is a New York democrat, so my empathy is limited.

Comments

1. Bodenzee says:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen,… shall be eligible to the Office of President;"

This is no longer the law of the land so it seems rather pety to be concerned about an overlooked signature.

2. GEESH says:

You racist nazi, put down that Constitution!

3. INSIST YOUR REP SUPPORT IT says:

——– HR 1503 ———–
    To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of a candidate for election to the office of President to include with the committee's statement of organization a copy of the candidate's birth certificate, together with such other documentation as may be necessary to establish that the candidate meets the qualifications for eligibility to the Office of President under the Constitution.

Good point, Bodenzee!

And, Jeff, thanks for the laugh (I needed that). No, I missed it the first go-round and appreciate your bringing another brand of Democratic stupidity to our attention.

Remember the "starlet" from high school who, as an Obot, would not listen to conservative reason? Well, I've been emailing her information, updates, and proof of Obama/Soetoro's lies. She's finally stopped trying to defend her position to me. Starlets just hate to admit that they've been hoodwinked!

5. IS THERE A PROBLEM? says:

I have heard back from my rep on all issues I have written to him about, EXCEPT this bill HR 1503 requiring a birth certificate in future elections….. hmmmmmmm…….

6. Bodenzee says:

HR 1503 won't go anywhere. Certainly Barry plans on at least 8 years of life in our House. It would be amazing (and qu9ite revealing) if Congress would modify HR 1503 to exempt the incumbent.

I am sure that more signatures, along with the signed petition, will be found in a few days in a trunk of someone's car, deemed valid, and the rigged-as-usual election will proceed its due course.

8. Al Franken says:

Rix is right.

9. Claudia says:

that guy is a class A-Clown, and to be running for office, shows how stupid they all think everyone is…. they think we are all just as stupid as they are….

good laugh, though and a great quote from Get Smart, "MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH!!!!" sometimes, that show had some classic lines that ought to be revisited.

10. Reg from Boston says:

rules, we don't need no stinkin' rules!!

Rix is always right!

12. NO MIRTH FOR THAT BIRTH says:

I have signed up for Rep. John Tanners phone town hall (wimp) and I'll be damned if I am not going to ask him about 1503. Chris can call me a birther all he wants, Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 needs some teeth to it! ROAR

13. Courtney says:

LOL Thanks for sharing this one Jeff. I'd missed it too.