Carrying the Standard for the Double Standard

Assigned Reading: Press Largely Ignored Incendiary Rhetoric at Bush Protest
(FROM: Fox News)

News outlets that are focusing on the incendiary rhetoric of conservatives outside President Obama’s town hall meeting Tuesday ignored the incendiary rhetoric — and even violence — of liberals outside an appearance by former President George W. Bush in 2002.

When Bush visited Portland, Ore., for a fundraiser, protesters stalked his motorcade, assailed his limousine and stoned a car containing his advisers. Chanting “Bush is a terrorist!”, the demonstrators bullied passers-by, including gay softball players and a wheelchair-bound grandfather with multiple sclerosis.

One protester even brandished a sign that seemed to advocate Bush’s assassination. The man held a large photo of Bush that had been doctored to show a gun barrel pressed against his temple.

“BUSH: WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE,” read the placard, which had an X over the word “ALIVE.”

So, a New Hampshire man lawfully and peaceably carrying a firearm is lambasted by the left because of a quote from Thomas Jefferson taken out of context, yet a sign actually proposing the assassination of former President George W. Bush–held by someone in a group of people acting violently, no less–is given a pass? Give me a break.

Despite that I may not agree with the president on much of anything, despite that I firmly believe that his policies are driving this nation into the ground, I pray daily for not only his wisdom (that he can somehow suddenly find some) but also for his safety and security. I hope to God that, in the middle of all of this frustration and anger, we keep our heads atop our necks and can balance that frustration with rational behavior. I expect that we can. I expect that we will.

Comments

1. Dee says:

I guess this is one of the things that absolutely drives me crazy! It seems to me that the double standard in reporting is sooo obvious that anyone should be able to see it. It's amazing that there appear to be No true journalists reporting. Can they not see what is happening? Apparently the Democrats can't see it either and now all of a sudden it is "unpatriotic" to disagree. How stupid can elected officials be? I hope that if they start considering the not so fair Fairness Doctrine, that the media is included.

I fully agree with you Jeff. As distasteful as Barry Soetoro has been, harming him, would horribly damage our nation. I view him as a one term president, and 2010 as the demise of the democrat/socialist party.

Ladies and Gentlemen, It has come to my attention that there is a huge group trying to have Glenn Beck removed from Fox, by using his advertisers, and bombarding them to remove themselves from supporting him in his air time.

Now we can’t have this can we?

The following COMPANYs have pulled there ad’s from Beck………..so now lets give it to them and BOYCOTT them until they stop this insanity!

Did you know the Puff Ho called on GEICO to pull their ads from Glenn Beck because he dared tell the truth? Well they did. Now I ask you to pull your business from GEICO. Seriously NOW.

FURTHER here are the others that pulled there ad’s LETS GET them to: Lawyers.com, Progressive Insurance, Procter & Gamble, and SC Johnson — also distanced themselves from Beck.

THIS IS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BECK has the 2nd amendment on his side, ENOUGH of these A$$ wholes running this country hit them were it hurts take the money out of there pockets let there company’s feel the hit We are far larger than these nuts cases over at the Puff Ho!

I'm going to ask our local political activist group's media man (you've been in touch with him, Jeff) to contact the MSM and just let them know that you are eating them ALIVE on their biased coverage!

6. Michele says:

Anonymous @ 7:53 pm,
    Do you know how to contact these companies and complain? I'll try looking them up on the internet. I thought that Beck was acting a little differently in the last week in a half. Beck was always giving the connections of Obama & Acorn and so forth and I wondered why this had calmed down. I really like his show and he is one of the top shows on Fox. These companies must be really stupid or they are getting paid off by the left.

I quit watching MSM way before the election and will never go back. I will always listen to Fox. I hardly watch any programs on ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN.

7. Michele says:

I found a website that has a list of advertisers to contact to pull ads from Fox (especially Glenn Beck). The website is FoxNewsBoycott.com. This is a bad website. We need to fight back and contact the advertisers on the list and tell them we will not buy their products if they pull the ads. We need Fox.

Thanks,
    Michele

8. FIRE WITH FIRE says:

We need a GEboycott website damn it.