Turning the Corner

Assigned Reading: Trinkets that stick it to Obama start to sell
(FROM: The Washington Times)

About a month ago I covered the discrepency between Obama approval polls conducted by live-person interviews vs. those conducted by robo-calls here at America’s Right. Obama does much worse in the robocall interviews, and I suggested that this was because many Americans were reluctant to admit their true opinions. This is in part due to the perception of popularity (who wants to question the popular kid?) and in part due to the way anyone who opposed Obama in 2008 was branded a racist.

In either case, there is a sort of pent-up frustration with Obama that Americans have been holding in. With Rasmussen and other robocall polls leading the way, however, I believed that soon the dam would burst and Obama’s polls would plummet:

Once Americans realize how many other people disapprove of Obama but are afraid to say so, they will likely stop perpetuating the myth. We’ll see the rest of the polls start to descend to the level of the Rasmussen polls and quite possibly keep on going down.

This Washington Times article represents another big crack in the dam:

In the political paraphernalia department, “Yes, we can” is becoming “No, he can’t.”

Anti-Obama memorabilia — from T-shirts to bumper stickers to buttons — is increasingly emerging in the marketplace as the president’s economic and health care policies polarize supporters and detractors.

A lot of the people who buy these t-shirts, bumper stickers and so on are going to display them publicly, and the anti-Obama backlash is going to begin to feed upon itself and pick up steam. The more people believe it’s OK to criticize Obama and his policies the more are going to do so. The robocall polls were a first step, and the rising sales of anti-Obama paraphernalia are the next.

Obama – an unqualified and untested junior senator with a radical and checkered past – rode a tsunami of irrational public exuberance into office. But the problem with public adoration is that it’s a fickle thing. The same tide that swept Obama to the pinnacle of achievement is going to wash him back out to sea.

The only difference is that Obama had very few dedicated supporters before the 2008 campaign, and now a significant proportion of elite American progressives and street-level volunteers have invested hugely – financially and emotionally – in the Obama myth. Those Obama supporters who simply can’t let go of the hallucination are going to make the deconstruction of the Obama myth turbulent and protracted, but they are not going to be able to stop it.

All images for this post were obtained from
SurvivingObamunism.com. They were just the first site that popped up when I did a search and had plenty of examples of anti-Obama trinkets. Buy yours today!

Comments

1. BUSINESS IS PICKIN UP says:

Even I, your humble All Caps Man, have a t-shirt design online. It's birther related, of course.

2. T.Nelson says:

This is one of the funniest sites I've seen in a long time: http://thepeoplescube.com/
    Talk about anti-obama trinkets! Of course, your site is still the best!

LOL, a great evening chuckle for everyone. I will probably have this song in my head when I try to go to sleep tonight:P

Sally

Hooray! No, make that

*** H O O R A Y *** ! ! !

Obama – an unqualified and untested junior senator with a radical and checkered past – rode a tsunami of irrational public exuberance into office. But the problem with public adoration is that it's a fickle thing. The same tide that swept Obama to the pinnacle of achievement is going to wash him back out to sea.
    ===========================

Robert I am saving this. we are going through a tough patch and great humor realy helps and it is so very true.

Obama will not last. phonies never do.

T.Nelson said… one of the funniest sites I've seen in a long time: http://thepeoplescube.com/

I agree, great political satire. The current Cash for Clunkers: Obamacare Edition scored some good points.

Here's a little bit of history to check out:

Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35

January 10, 1963

Current Communist Goals

While the people of America start to experience some sort of "buyer's remorse", it is important to stress that our problems did not start with Obama and will not end with his term, impeachment, or even arrest. With demographic trends being what they are and liberals deeply entrenched in the education system, the Republic as we knew it will eventually crumble unless drastic changes are applied to voting system. "No representation with taxation" should become the slogan du jour before the generation of professional "dependents" chokes our economy.

err with_O_U_T taxation

9. Celia in TX says:

Have you seen the Chia Obama?

YES WE CAN grow grassroots out of our head!

Wow…I feel like the celebrations are beginning! Too soon…but yipee!

yeah, Yipee!
    and yes, lets pray to hold this success of sorts. :-) it does feel good.

ps: i understand why they fear Palin. She calls it like she sees it. and she obviously ruffled obama's feathers.

12. Robert Wallace says:

At 1:55am Anonymous:

I don't think it's time for a celebration at all.

First of all: I don't know what Obama – or his allies – still have up their sleeve. The worse things get the harder they are going to fight. And of course there's always the danger that some nut-job conspiracy theorist type is going to do something violent. Something like a domestic terrorist attack or an attempt on the President's life would completely obliterate any political gains the rights has made.

Secondly, there's a lot of danger associated with the looming Obama collapse. I'm concerned about both racial and political tensions as well as the complacency of the GOP. They stand to benefit the most from the collapse of Democratic leadership – from Obama to Pelosi to Reid – but can anyone really say the GOP have learned their lesson?

I don't trust that the GOP leadership is significantly less elitist than the Democratic Party, and they have also been headed away from strict American Constitutionalism. Just at a slower pace.

I want to make sure that the anti-Obama backlash doesn't turn into nothing but a rescue for a corrupt, incompetent, and un-Constitutional GOP.

Robert:

Thank you so much for your latest comment! Now I figured what the liberals are up to! But first, a history lesson.

In 1995, I lived in Israel. The "peace process" scam that the Israeli left started two years ago was hopelessly bogged down because the Palestinian terrorists (imported by the very same Israeli left) turned Israeli streets into a bloodbath nightmare. With news being equally grim on economic and social front (as a result of socialist reforms rammed down the nation's throat), the polls predicted a mega-landslide victory for the right-to-center coalition.

Then, right before the lection, Itzhak Rabin, the leader of the leftist party in power, was assassinated. Multiple facts clearly pointing at Shabak (Israeli version of FBI) as the driving force behind the assassination were routinely ignored or ridiculed by the MSM (where Israeli lefties are even more entrenched that they're here), and the Right Wing Conspiracy was implicated and politically crucified. Nationwide witch-hunt campaign was immediately launched sweepeing everyone, including right-wing politicians, who dared not to display sorrow and deep remorse. All economic and political reforms that would likely be repealed upon electional turnaround were immortalized as "Rabin's heritage" and anyone who suggested otherwise was immediately shunned and ostracized as an "accomplice to political murder". The right wing won the election but their razor-slim victory, branded forever by the press as "bloody", was extremely short-lived.

Now, do you see what I'm seeing and think what I'm thinking? The worst thing that could happen to the nation is that Obama is assassinated shortly before the next election – and, most likely, it won't be a right-wing nut to pull the trigger.

14. Charlie Manson says:

Helter Skelter, baby…..

I am trying to promote zazzle.com@43rdsfan; thoughts on obama. I hope people take a look at these stickers, even just to read them. Thank you.

16. Lilly says:

I see it coming, but yes we don't know what this administration has to use next. So we need to keep our eyes on the issues. BO does NOT like to be criticized or contradicted at all, never has.
    On a side note, hubby bought a bunch of Conservative T's for him & I the other day online! Can't wait to get them!!

Next time I show up to an event with Harry Reid here in NV, I will be wearing my new shirt from americanelephant.com. (not an endorsement, just an example). And I can't remember where I saw it the other day, the graphic showing;

Our
    Big
    A$$
    Mistake
    America

18. Courtney says:

Rix, you are absolutely right. The last thing this country needs is for something like that to happen to Obama. I don't even want to think about what would happen to this country if it did. I haven't read Saul Alinsky's book – is there anything in it about a tactic like that being used?

Robert…(from anon 1:55 am)…yeah, I felt a little hesitant to express my glee. I agree with your post. There are still many many serious things to consider. I guess my brain was allowing me a temporary moment of happiness to counter-attack the threat of insanity that these ppl…on both sides of the political fence…are putting us all through. Self-preservation kicking in…

Big
    A$$
    Mistake
    America
    000000000000000000000000000000

amusing.
    perhaps the initials "OBAMA"
    AND in brackets (big a%% mistake america!)

another idea for a t-shirt:
    front reads TRUST ME

BACK reads: "sign here. read later."

21. TSHIRT QUALITY CONTROL says:

That t-shirt is all wrong. it is spelled.. S O E T O R O

See how easy it is to get free health care, and proclaim your status as an official 'snitch'.