Playing the Race Card

Assigned Reading: MSNBC Anchor: ‘Socialist’ is Becoming the New N-Word
(FROM: Newsbusters)

If we oppose health care reform, we are deemed to be racists. When it comes to socialism, it has always been the case that capitalists have been characterized as “cold” and caring not for the plight of the underprivileged — I’ve just never seen such a sentiment articulated so overtly, and by a news anchor no less.

Good on the folks at Newsbusters for catching it, and an even bigger tip of the hat for remembering and associating the anchor’s statement with that memorable Newsweek cover: “We Are All Socialists Now.”

Comments

So I'm a Nazi and a racist?

2. Linda says:

Oh for PETE's SAKE!!! Everybody got their decoder rings in their cereal boxes yet? We're now starting a secret society, so you better send in for yours. Goodness knows what the code word for tomorrow will be – stay tuned.

I gets scary to be, to live here

The contemporary liberal Democrats (Socialists) twist everything the American conservatives say to shut us up. N word? S word? How about the I word? — as in Illegal immigrant/Illegal alien? Or maybe the L word–"Liar! Liar! Pants on Fire!" That liberally applies to Obama/Soetoro and "Rat Queen" Pelosi, if news reports from the MSM are correct. (I didn't intend the pun, but that works, too.)

This is too cool not to share:

I recently asked my friend's little
    girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be president some day. Her parents, both liberals, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were president, what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed.

"Wow… what a worthy goal!" I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're president to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard… It will take you all day to do… But I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where homeless guys hang out, and you can give them the $50 you earned to use toward food and a new
    house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why
    doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Awhile ago, you posted a photo of Al Gore with poop coming out of his mouth (and I must say, I could hardly look at it!) As I am watching the so called "town hall" meeting in N.H. with Obama, I am seeing the same poop coming out of his mouth! This is such a sham…to call this a "town meeting" when it's all about Obama preaching his healthcare agenda. He's lost control and he knows it. And…tell me this isn't a stacked audience!
    On the other hand, the PA town meeting with Spector was very informative (not on Spector's behalf, but the American people)…it shows me that the American people ARE READING the bill. They were quoting parts of the bill. We are not stupid and we all have legitimate concerns.
    The Baby Boomers do not want to become the Senior Doomers!!!

7. SECRET SERVICE USHERS says:

This presidential townhall is more staged than my local community theater. Do they think we are stupid?

8. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

9. LAST NAME GUMP says:

:D

10. DASVIDANYA says:

Starting a commune (constitutional capitalistic commune) in Poland is looking like a plan to me.

11. HOIST THE MAIN SAIL says:

Well it's happened. Life has gone full circle. I can feel my Mayflower forefathers frustration and can see myself crawling into a cramped wooden boat and sailing back to England. But, alas, it is now an Islamic state.

12. WEBSTERS says:

Are racist nazi's… razi's?

This eerily feels like the situation Charles Manson was trying to set up, Helter Skelter, friction between the races. Pretty frightening.

14. goddessdivine says:

There's a reason why Fox is dominating the networks while the others are plummeting: Fox gives credibility to these town hallers, and the others label them as nutjobs. People don't want to be silenced. The American folks are waking up, and I think it's fantastic!

In Harry Potter novels, Lord Voldemort (the main antagonist, in case you missed it) could only be defeated by someone who dared to spell his true name aloud. We have, as I see it, a very similar situation. Democrats will be able to play the race card for only as long as we accept it. To my best knowledge – Jeff, please correct me if necessary – there is no law prohibiting the N-word. Nothing stands between us and our freedom of speech except our own timidity and fear of "potential problems" that we try to pass for tolerance. So it is about time we start calling a spade a spade – spade's color notwithstanding.

RE: GODDESSDIVINE

"praise the lord they are waking Up!"

and….
    The President sounds like a school boy….heeeee

17. Madalyn says:

My goodness – the conservatives refused to play the race card, so the Dems decided it was time to up the ante. But, it was MSNBC (Misguided Systematic Nimrod Broadcasting Co) that had the nerve to actually throw the first punch. I am p*ssed. I am totally and completely against Obama, not because he is black, but because he is a liar, a hypocrite, and a sleezebag. He is the racist. Why else would he pay (with stimulus funds) people to go around door to door telling everyone how wonderful he is. He is a disgrace to our country, but even more so because he is residing in a house that he has no business being in.

18. bellsybop says:

Madalyn~ You took the words right out of my mouth.

Ha ha…just let them try and intimidate me now! LOL! I wear my shirt that says,
    "Anti-Social-IST" very proudly. When the tea parties began, I had a tea bag hanging from my rearview mirror as did others I know. This is just gaining steam…just getting started…and I see new things on the horizon…for the dems as well as the republicans.

20. Linda says:

So here's my healthcare question: Theoretically the representatives work for us, right? They say that they're not going to have the same health care program that we have, right? Well, when have you known an employer who has a worse health care program than its employees? Doesn't seem right, does it.

My representative (John Campbell R from CA)is the author of the resolution/bill (whatever it is) that says that if healthcare is passed on the American people, Congress has to participate in the same program. He says that although he has many Republican signatures, NO Democrat has signed it. Is anyone surprised?