Who, may I ask, is un-American?

Assigned Reading: Criminal Investigation Into CIA Treatment of Detainees Expected
(FROM: Los Angeles Times)

On a day when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House No. 2 Steny Hoyer denounce as “un-American” efforts by everyday constituents’ attempts to have their voice heard on the healthcare debate, we have news that the Justice Department plans to launch a criminal investigation into treatment of terrorists by the Central Intelligence Agency.

This has been in the works for a long time now, but at this point I wonder what kind of backlash the Justice Department will receive. Americans are awakening to find that we have a party currently in power which is not only actively working against the American economy but against American national security as well.

What incentive do the brave men and women on the front lines in our intelligence community have to stick their necks out to protect the American people, when it is people like Pelosi, and Holder, and Obama who have the scimitar ready, when they face life-changing danger at home and abroad? The Times piece notes that CIA officials preparing for retirement are sticking around longer to ensure access to the confidential information needed to defend themselves against criminal charges — what kind of environment is that?

One of these mornings, ordinary folks from across the country are going to flip on the televisions over coffee and find innocent Americans laying dead at the hands of terrorists who could have been stopped with actionable intelligence, but instead were permitted to kill by American Democrats more concerned about power in perpetuity than the safety and security of the American people.

Who, may I ask, is being un-American?

Comments

1. Courtney says:

Have you seen this yet?

"Current law gives governors control over National Guard forces in their own states as well as any Guard units and Defense Department personnel imported from other states.

The letter comes as the Pentagon proposes a legislative fix that would give the secretary of Defense the authority to assist in response to domestic disasters and, consequently, control over units stationed in an affected state."

2. TWO PUNKS IN A PIC says:

I am sooooooo American I have a birth certificate.

The CIA guys deserve to be treated like worthless dogs if they shrug off another slap from Washington (the first having come from the Wicked Witch of the West) and go on as if nothing happened. I am 100% sure that they possess enough dirt to be "accidentally" uncovered to bury this corrupt administration at least a dozen times over.

Why doesn't the Justice Department look into the eligibility of the usurper in the White House first?

5. IS THE CIA MIA? says:

Right on Rix, it's time for a 2009 "deep throat" to bring down THIS administration. Hang on Nixon, he's coming to join ya.

6. Claudia says:

cause they are all being ORDERED TO PLAY THE GAME, and to NOT DO ANYTHING THAT MIGHT UPSET THE BOAT, else why didn't Cheney step up and stop this from happening in the first place??

I'd like to think that the CIA has enough integrity, honor, and respect for the American ppl that they would rise above anything that this administration does to undermine them. They take an oath of office to protect the Constitution and the people. They are trained to defend us…foreign or domestic!

8. Puss in Hooker Boots says:

Courtney, that is very disturbing, yet expected. It goes along with the whole crisis scenario such as a "pandemic", which I strongly believe WHO is getting ready to claim in the Fall and then THEY will have control over EVERYTHING!
    States righs will fall to the wayside.
    Stand up! Speak up!

9. Michele says:

I have asked you several questions but you do not reply. I didn't know if you thought I was a far left loon or not, but I can assure you I am not. I ask the questions because I am really curious and am trying to educate myself in case I get into a debate. Anyway, I'm going to try again w/ another subject.
    Have you heard of Sibel Edmonds? She is and American from Turkey. She would translate I believe it was for the FBI. Anyway she finally was able to testify under oath 8/8/09 after being under a gag order for 5 years. The Bush administration kept her from testifying. She talks about the US ties w/ Osama Bin Laden til 9/11 and so forth. Do you think w/ Holder now going ahead w/ this investigation has anything to do w/ her testimony finally being heard? There's a lot to this story and it has to do w/ Rep Jean Schmidt (R-OH) vs. David Krikorian who is going to run against her 2010. He's Independent turned Democrat. Mr. Krikorian is the one that had Ms. Edmonds to testify for him.
    Thanks,
    Michele

10. STICK YOURSELF says:

Boots,

I'll die before I take THAT vaccine.

11. Dee says:

They decided to drop charges against the New Black Panthers who intimidated voters in Philadelphia but will investigate the CIA. I do hope the CIA reveals all the Nancy knew. I continue to be amazed daily by how this administration and it's fearless leader strive to ruin our country. BO is one scary person.

12. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

GREAT point, Dee!

Uh, the default guilty verdict against the Black Panthers was dismissed.