Manufactured By Whom?

An absolutely brilliant, hard-worked piece from the Weekly Standard’s Mary Katherine Ham today. It seems as though the right-leaning blogger upon whom the left and the media is working overtime to portray as the organizer of the healthcare-related outcry from everyday Americans seen at town hall meetings from coast to coast actually has only a fraction of the following, on Facebook, Twitter and otherwise, that even America’s Right–hardly itself a big-time Web site–enjoys.

When the “manufactured” outrage the Left is trying to demonize lines up so inconveniently with public polling, it’s sometimes necessary to create evidence for the “manufactured” storyline.

Enter Think Progress, which unearthed this shocking, secret memo from the leader of a small grassroots conservative organization in Connecticut, which allegedly instructs members on “infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress.”

Right Principles PAC was formed by Bob MacGuffie and four friends in 2008, and has taken in a whopping $5,017 and disbursed $1,777, according to its FEC filing.

“We’re just trying to shake this state up and make a difference up here,” MacGuffie told me during a telephone interview. He’s surprised at his elevation to national rabble-rouser by the Left.

Right Principles has a Facebook group with 23 members and a Twitter account with five followers. MacGuffie describes himself as an “opponent of leftist thinking in America,” and told me he’s “never pulled a lever” for a Republican or Democrat on a federal level. Yet this Connecticut libertarian’s influence over a national, orchestrated Republican health-care push-back is strong, indeed, if you listen to liberal pundits and the Democratic National Committee, who have crafted a nefarious web out of refutable evidence.

Think Progress highlighted his memo’s directives to “‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’,” calling it a “right-wing harassment strategy against Dems.” The blog falsely connected MacGuffie to the national conservative group FreedomWorks through the most tenuous of threads. The Think Progress link that purports to establish MacGuffie as a FreedomWorks “volunteer” leads to his one blog posting on a Tea Party website (on the free social networking site, ning.com). Think Progress calls Tea Party Patriots a “FreedomWorks website.”

The problem is it’s not a FreedomWorks site, according to FreedomWorks spokesman Adam Brandon. FreedomWorks is a “coalition partner” of TeaPartyPatriots.org, but does not fund the site in any way.

“There is no formal structural connection,” Brandon told me. “Never has been. Never will be. We’re just fellow travelers in the movement.”

When I asked MacGuffie if he was a volunteer for FreedomWorks outside the specious evidence Think Progress cited, he said, “Absolutely not. You can Google all day; you won’t find it. There is no formal connection. I don’t know anyone from FreedomWorks.”

He joined the Tea Party Patriots community site when it was mentioned to him by several local Tea Party activists (whom he admits knowing . . . smoking gun!), and “blogged there, very little.” So MacGuffie, a local activist in Connecticut who never volunteered for FreedomWorks wrote a memo and also wrote a blog post on a site not paid for or hosted by FreedomWorks. There’s your national conspiracy, folks.

The people we see, now on a nightly basis, confronting their elected officials at town hall meetings and other events are by no means manufactured, by this MacGuffie fellow, by myself, or by anybody else. They are merely like you and me, able to see through the misrepresenations and omissions vomited forth by the Democratic Party leadership and White House, and concerned for the future of their country.

If anything, it is the White House itself which is manufacturing what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi described as “astroturf,” a clever term for a false grassroots movement. Obama himself has sent an e-mail to supporters urging them to participate in at least one event this month, reminiscent of calls made to supporters during his presidential campaign to confront supporters of John McCain and “get in their face.” Concerned Americans are taking it upon themselves to organize, while on the other side of it, the Community Organizer in Chief is doing what he does best. Who, indeed, is manufacturing what?

This president is reeling. The Democrats are reeling. The backlash is palpable, the anger and frustration and mistrust thick as a Windy City snowstorm. Obama himself has never been forced to face adversity of a political nature. Not like this. And neither he nor the Democratic Party leadership care what the American people think — if they did, the dissent wouldn’t be denounced as contrived, and the dissenters as enemies of the state.

Facts are stubborn things. The American people, despite every effort from the left and from the media, are finally grabbing a hold of them and they don’t like what they see. As a result, the left is attacking everyday Americans, and desperately working to make up stories about their motivations.

We love America — what more motivation do we need?

Comments

Look who's in the picture with devil's horns at 30/31 seconds! This is the "right wing extremist republican base"?

2. goddessdivine says:

So when the left protest, it's "peaceful and patriotic". When the right protest they are "angry mobs"? The Dems are scared…..as they should be; because these "mobs" are going to vote their hindquarters out of office.

Did you see the clip from Durbin claiming that the majority of the folks want this health care bill to pass? What poll is he looking at? All polls point to 'no support'. The Dems are scrambling and desperate. It's almost fun watching them squirm.

One strange fact would escape my understanding if I haven't predicted it myself almost half a year ago. How is it possible that a president who openly promotes anti-American policies, quadruples national budget deficit and is associated with unprecedented number of misdeeds and scandals still enjoys over the 50% of popular support?!

The reason is that America is clearly past the point of no return. We can stop deluding youself: there is no "silent conservative majority" anymore. The number of people who have vested financial or moral interest in what's going on, coupled with those mentally incapable of comprehending the nature of the ongoing social transformation, has surpassed the critical point of 40-45% and keeps climbing thanks to demographic trends, dissolution of the middle class due to economic crisis, rampant immigration and continuous poisoning of young minds by our "wonderful" education system.

The root of evil is not in Barack Obama's presidency or in "leadership" of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, or their ilk; they are just symptoms of the disease. It was the shadow of the Soviet Union, the lure of "social protection" in exchange for personal freedom that the country fell victim to; once the djinni of social security was out of the bottle, there was no turning back. Taxation without representation is tyranny but representation without taxation proved equally destructive. Perhaps that – "no representation without taxation" – should have become the Tea Party slogan?

There is a slight consolation in the fact that we won't be the first: the Roman Republic turned into empire over two thousand years ago following the same course. Could it be the reason why so little attention is paid to the ancient history in the school curriculum?

4. AMERICAS REICH, HARDLY says:

Yeah, I own a swastike, and it's framed. It's on a uniform pin my dad got off a REAL nazi….. you piss me off Pelosi, to cheapen his service and personal sacrifice to bring down Hitler and his LEFTIST regime. YOU have no business being Speaker.

Here are several things for you to look at and consider. Prepare yourself its coming. Youtube any of these items and you will have a wealth of information.

This is a very troublesome topic. There are to many coincident to ignore. It has already been proven that DHS gave KBR a subsidiary of the Halliburton Corp. a contract of $365 million back in 2006 to build detention camps. In January of this year The National Emergency Centers Establishment Act (HR 645) was introduced. The executive orders are already in place to institute and sustain martial law (once instituted can't be reviewed by Congress for 6 months). Executive Directive 51 gives the President unchecked powers to take over all functions of the federal government. Military operations "Garden Plot" and Cable Splicer" are documented and The Military Commissions Act of 2006 is worded so broad that anyone who stands against or protest will be held as an enemy combatant (writ of habeas corpus suspended). Treaties being signed in the dead of night in secrecy without the approval of Congress and against the will of the people, that could lead to the dissolution of our borders and Constitution (Security and Prosperity Partnership). A battalion of 20,000 soldiers based inside the US under the command of NORTHCOM for the purpose of domestic issues. Proven $6 million worth of riot gear purchased for this battalion. Many documented instances of martial law drills throughout the United States, which have included foreign troops. Actors being paid to play US citizens in martial law drills. FEMA being given sweeping powers. Documented proof of FEMA'S purchase of millions of plastic coffins, and having them stationed throughout the US. Now FEMA just conducted a National Level Exercise from July 27 – July 31, which was not focused on response and recovery, but prevention and protection (martial law). They also included foreign troop (who would have no problem firing on US citizens who resist) in this exercise on US soil (British, Canadian, Australian, and Mexican). Another food for thought, FEMA was conducting the exact type of drills on 9/11 that happen to transpire on 9/11. All of the things I have said here are true and proven "FACTS". There is even more that could be added here. When you add all these things together, there is a storm brewing. I can only have faith that educating as many people as I can to the facts and not the conspiracy, will open the eyes of people who have been distracted by many crisis's that absorb so much of the public attention. Our liberties are under assault, the majority of the public knows almost nothing of what's going on. Do your research and please get involved in any way. Google and Youtube these items to see for yourself.. Please pass this email along to everyone you know. Knowledge is power and the power must be with the people.

Operation Blackjack
    North American Union
    FEMA Camps
    FEMA Coffins
    Operation ENDGAME
    Bilderburg Group

6. Nero says:

I couldn't hear Rix over all these fiddles I hear playing and all the smoke I am smelling.

7. T.I.M. says:

Michelle Malkin has a great piece with videos of liberal "mobs" to compare with conservative's "manufactured" anger. Also, if the opposition's grassroots actions are "astroturf", are the actions led by a man of Kenyan origins "afroturf"?

> I couldn't hear Rix over all these fiddles I hear playing and
    > all the smoke I am smelling.

Here comes a good illustration on what I was talking about when referring to "mentally incapable". :)

9. CHECKMATE ON THAT JOKE says:

T I M, that is a GOOD one!!!! TY TY TY

I sent a Kenyan flag to flag@whitehouse.gov

10. RUSSIANS DON'T GET ME says:

Dang, my sarcasm is not appreciated in here. I wanna be in his platoon, including brass knuckles and he is ragging on me. I'd be the first to go violent with ya Rix…. lets not bicker.

> Dang, my sarcasm is not appreciated in here. I wanna be in
    > his platoon, including brass knuckles and he is ragging on me.
    > I'd be the first to go violent with ya Rix…. lets not bicker.

Oops, sorry! I thought it is some left-wing nuttie demonstrating… eh, never mind. My sarcasm switch failed to go up without a properly capitalized name. :)

Anonymous 4:05…..

Excellent summary! I have read about all of these things, but you have to do research or you don't hear about them…that is why America is completely in the dark.

My husband and I were flying somewhere in our airplane, and I saw this "facility" out in the middle of nowhere, completely gated, and seemingly uninhabited. In it, we saw hundreds, maybe thousands, of those huge, black containers that look like coffins. It really creeped me out! I had only read about them. Now I have seen them with my own eyes!

Lisa in TX

Lisa in TX, please write or call your congressional representatives and ask what that was about…and let us know.

Gail B:

I would, except I can't remember what state we were flying over at the time! I wish I had paid more attention as to the location!

Lisa in TX

Lisa, I've seen videos of the coffins being stored in Madison, GA. I'll ask Senators Chambliss and Isakson. If I get a reply, I'll share it.

I told Jeff MONTHS ago about a congressman who revealed the information when it first got started. Glenn Beck did a feature not long ago that said it was all hooey. He was wrong.

16. BIRTHER?, NO, A TRUTHER says:

Glenn Beck is getting into a rut of being wrong.

17. suek says:

Check this out:

union thugs

Also:

an article on MM's main page today. Definitely worth a read.

actually, Glenn Beck is doing pretty good.

and he is so good at tying it all together.

by attempting to silence those opposed to these health plans obama alienates even some of his democrats.

this will turn out to be a very good thing in the end.

lets prove and declare him a usurper and clean house on all these poor decisions of his?

since when is 52% of the vote an overwhelming victory?

once you take out the dead vote and all the other fraud he may have had 45% of the vote.

Birther?….

I agree about Glenn Beck, and I really like what he says most of the time. I don't know what is up with him…he refuses to believe some things that are true, and then he says, "I don't know what it is, but something is just not right…" Well, I can tell him what it is, but he would label me a kook! He is unwilling to admit or confront some things, and I think it is because he is under the thumb of Fox now, and I think he has some blind spots. He also may be too scared to say publicly what he knows in his heart, for fear of losing ratings or hurting his credibility, which is sad. The only brave one these days is Lou Dobbs!

Anonymous 2:29…..
    I agree that Glenn is good at tying things together. He doing a great job in so many ways. But he insults people who are tying other things together that are becoming obvious, and make what's going on understandable, where Glenn just can't put his finger on what "is not right".

He refuses to acknoweledge: There ARE plans for FEMA camps and martial law; there ARE elemts of the CIA that are doing corrupt things; and there truly ARE an elite faction of people actively working towards a New World Order! Something is just not right with his disconnect…I don't like his disrespectful attitude towards people who have done their research. And I hate it when he has that guy on from the Council on Foreign Relations. That tells me he doesn't really understand the role the CFR plays in controlling our govt. for the worse behind the scenes. I like Glenn, but I hope he wakes up soon or gets some courage to face the truth!