Home. Home again. I like to be here when I can.

According to the time zone I left this morning, it’s nearly 4:00 a.m., so my comments this evening will be short. It has been a long, long day, and while I’d love to expound upon the now-missing, formerly common courtesies of air travel–your seat, for instance, not being your living room, and therefore not the best place to clip your toenails–I’ll only say one thing:

I love it.

The people are standing up.
The democrats are on the defensive.
America is stirring.

And that’s all for me tonight. Big thanks, and thanks I’ll surely expand upon later as I read everything written in my absence, to Robert and to everyone else for contributing, reading, writing, and keeping the light on. I’m sure I’ll be slow to get back into the swing of things, so to speak, so bear with me.

Goodnight.

Update, 10:26 p.m. Eastern

Too tired to sleep. Saw the following video on YouTube, took immense delight in it, and wanted to weigh in:

GOP Thugs? Really, Ms. Maddow?

Where were you, exactly, over the previous eight years, when movies about the assassination of George W. Bush were released? When there were calls for the vice president’s death? When military funerals were protested by Code Pink fanatics?

Yet a collection of concerned Americans, living in a representative republic in name only, shouting such obscenities as “READ THE BILL” and “JUST SAY NO” is somehow a better example of thuggery than we saw from the rabid left (big tip o’ the hat to Michelle Malkin for a collection of great videos and examples) during the Bush presidency?

Save it.

As I mentioned an hour or so ago, I absolutely love what I saw. I wish I had been at the town hall meeting in Philadelphia. Considering that the event was held at the National Constitution Center, just steps from where I work, my question of Sen. Specter would be something along the lines of: “Regardless of whether we should listen to Barack Obama’s own words that the public option will eventually work its way into a single-payer system, aside from all of that, where exactly in the Constitution can you find the authorization for the federal government to get into the health care business?”

Would that make me a thug?

Comments

Welcome back Jeff! And a big thank you to Robert and the other writers who contributed in your absence.

Sally

2. FOUNDERS?, NAH, WE JUST EVOLVED says:

JV, they don't think of them, and never have.

TO: Anonymous 5th -10:09, Anonymous 5th -10:19

Thank you both(?)so much for responding. Your information is helpful in piecing this together – great PromotingEthics link too.

re, the FL thing observation; this is terrifying to imagine still we MUST look this thing in the face. i am reminded of the history of Hitler and how there were some who always thought he would never go that far and i think we need to seriously get involved to shut this down and make sure this guy is not re-elected, not even as dog-catcher.

4. LOOKING OVER YOUR RESUME' says:

To Anon at 12:54
    He would not qualify to be a dog catcher, he has never held a REAL job.

5. IT'S DARK AND DAMP IN HERE says:

My personal goal is to be the first political prisoner of this administration. Will y'all write to me?

Dark and Damp:

No, we won't write to you…we'll break you out!

Lisa in TX

7. ALCATRAZ, NO PROBLEM says:

XXOOXXOO to Lisa.
    We're in this together gang.
    Can you please have some Dr. Pepper for me upon break out?

Or is Dr Pepper eliminated under ObamaCare?

lets see how this works – - you will be first prisoner which means we will then be in a foreign country? hell, we'll send bill clinton and a fancy jet to get you.

then we'll build a wall around that place and call it a foreign land – - lets call it WhiteHouse-GITMO, keeping all like-criminals together. we'll drop food and supplies to them every 30 days or so… :-)