I Miss America Already

In the wee hours of this Thursday morning, after all of the bags were packed and some of the bills were paid, as my daughter snored lightly in the room across the hall and my wife lay in bed with a book on her lap and glasses still resting on her nose, I set out across the Internet for one final time before shutting the computer down for the next three weeks.

The usual haunts were on the docket, but before I turned in myself I wanted to see video of former President George W. Bush throwing out the first pitch at Game Three of the 2001 World Series on October 30, 2001, less than two months after the crisp, clear Tuesday morning in September that changed everything. So much had been made, yesterday, about President Barack Obama’s lackluster performance at the start of Tuesday night’s Major League Baseball All-Star Game–during which he emerged to a fair amount of boos, bounced a baseball to a waiting Albert Pujols, and looked more cricket bowler than major league hurler–that I wanted to see for myself.

Any desire to poke fun at our sitting president, however, was lost in something else. Another feeling. Another emotion. I found myself overcome.

I miss America.

By the time this piece is scheduled to first touch the pages of America’s Right, I’ll be well on my way out of my beloved country, my bulky six-foot-three-inch frame crammed into an economy-class seat next to a three-year-old girl who likely wants nothing to do with the seat belt across her lap, nonetheless the eight hours of airborne time which follows. But it’s not because I’m leaving that I miss America. I missed America even in the wee hours of this morning, sitting at the computer in my guest room. See, it’s not only America in general that I miss — I miss the America I saw as autumn turned to winter in 2001.

No, I don’t miss the grief, still burning from fresh wounds and still-smoldering piles of twisted metal and ash in Lower Manhattan. No, I don’t miss the uncertainty. No, I don’t miss the fear.

What I miss is the America that stood with pride as its president emerged on the field at Yankee Stadium, looked around at 60,000 flag-waving New Yorkers, give a much-needed, confidence-inspiring thumbs-up, and threw a perfect strike from atop the pitcher’s mound. I miss an America that stood defiant against those who wished us harm. I miss the flags. I miss the solidarity. I miss the sense of purpose, the idea that the health, welfare, safety, security and prosperity of our great nation in the face of evil triumphed over matters of politics and ideology.

That’s what I miss. That’s what I will miss later on today, as I watch America disappear outside the window of our airplane. This afternoon, I leave behind a nation run by elected officials who hold the prospect of power in perpetuity in higher esteem than prosperity, growth, security and freedom. It’s a nation I no longer recognize, and every single day she seems to be the apple falling further and further away from the Tree of Liberty. We’ve departed radically from the ideas and ideals of our founders, and we’ve done so in a relatively short period of time.

This weekend, for example, I will likely visit St. Mary’s Cathedral in Koszalin, Poland, the Roman Catholic church in which my in-laws were married so many years before, a structure which was built in the early 14th century and still to this day hosts Mass nearly every day of the week. Though I am far from a Europhile, St. Mary’s is part of the history that astounds me so much about Europe. In fact, it wasn’t so long ago that some vacuous, America-hating Hollywood starlet pointed out that an old home or building in Europe could be nearly a thousand years old if not more, while our oldest structures date back not even four hundred years. Whoever she was, she made the point in an attempt to deride our nation as lacking in terms of class and polish, but the heart of the matter should not be dismissed in kind.

When you consider the prospect of taking Holy Communion in a 700-year-old church, and when you think about the generations of Poles who have done the same before you, it really puts into perspective just how quickly we have managed to squander our freedom here in the United States of America, how startlingly fast we have managed to disregard the warnings and overcome the protections given and put into place by our framers.

It has been 233 years since we declared our independence from Great Britain, since so many brave men fought, bled and died for it on the battlefields of Brooklyn, Princeton, Saratoga, Germantown and more. And it has been even less since those imperfect men who emerged from the American Revolution as leaders, orators, and patriots set forth a system of government designed to countermand human nature when it came to the trappings of power.

Our framers established this nation knowing less of what they wanted America to be than what they wanted her to never become. And yet, despite the lessons of history here in America and across the world, we purposefully sprint in the direction of everything our founders did not want for this great experiment in liberty and freedom. After 233 short years, we stand to willingly destroy the very notion of American exceptionalism, we stand to willingly part with the independence and freedom provided by the blood and sweat and sacrifice of so many, all in the name of the very same brand of governmental power grab against which our founders launched their improbable effort in the first place.

It makes me sick. In a matter of several generations, we’ve changed from a nation led by people who would rather die than be denied liberty, who lament having had but only one life to give for their country and the cause of freedom, to a shrinking violet ruled by a class of people far more interested in the content of their wallets and the labels on their office doors than of the state of our union.

The road by which we’ve arrived at this destination is easy enough to discern. Read our founding documents, and read the contemporaneous writings of our founders, and you will find that, more than two centuries ago, those former colonists–the ones dismissed as relics by the very people who depart from their ideals–knew exactly what could happen. We all know how we got here — the question is how to turn this nation around.

I don’t pretend to know the answer, but I do know that, like back then, we must depend upon equal amounts fortitude and Providence. Understanding the disease may be an important first step, but making the essential sacrifices and putting forth the necessary efforts to defeat it takes a special kind of person.

As a cold winter approached in late 1776, as the rag-tag American army licked its wounds following a set of horrible losses along the Hudson, a young Thomas Paine wrote that “[t]yranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph . . . Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”

The America I saw in late September and October of 2001 knew the glory of freedom. That America knew that our nation was different than the others, greater than the others, and was willing to do everything necessary to preserve that greatness. That’s the America I miss now as I cruise out over the Atlantic, and that’s the America I am determined to work to once again bring about upon my return in three weeks’ time.

Together, we can do it. By God, our founders showed us that all it takes is determination, sheer will, and an appreciation for that celestial article of freedom — and that, friends and neighbors, we have in spades.

As I depart my beloved America this afternoon, I’d like to leave you with the words of our first president, the orders sent by General George Washington to his men on July 2, 1776, two days before Congress signed our Declaration of Independence from tyrannical Britain:

The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves, whether they are to have any property they can call their own, whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them.

The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us no choice but a brave resistance or the most abject submission. This is all we can expect. We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die.

Our own country’s honor calls upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion, and if we now shamefully fail we shall become infamous to the whole world. Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being in whose hands victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions. The eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us, and we shall have their blessings and praises if, happily, we are the instrument of saving them from the tyranny mediated against them. Let us therefore animate and encourage each other and show the whole world that a freeman contending for LIBERTY on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.

God Bless the United States of America, the America of then, the America of now, and the America we will forever be.

See y’all in a couple of weeks.

– Jeff

Comments

1. Chuck in San Diego says:

Don't know if this has been posted on here before but it definitely falls in with replacing the 435 career politicians on The Hill.

This looks to be a very awesome gathering place for people to have more say in "The System". Real people – like you and me.

GOOOH stands for 'Get Out of Our House' and is pronounced like the word 'go'. It is a NON-PARTISAN plan to evict the 435 career politicians in the U.S. House of Representatives and replace them with everyday Americans just like you.

If you are tired of career politicians, GOOOH is for you. If you believe money has corrupted Washington, GOOOH is for you. If you believe politicians have too much power, GOOOH is for you. If you are weary of the death grip the two parties have on our government, and are ready to return control of our government to the people, then GOOOH is for you.

GOOOH is NOT just another political party. It is a system that will allow you and your neighbors to choose, among yourselves, the person who can best represent your district.

GOOOH is an evolving system and your input is requested. The questions are changing based on the feedback of members just like you. Participate in the forums, take the survey, and send us your thoughts. This is YOUR system. We will perfect it with your input.

GOOOH is a new system that will allow "we the people" to select true representatives, not choose between a Democrat and a Republican. If we continue to elect career politicians who represent their party, the special interests that fund them, and themselves, nothing will change. GOOOH is a non-partisan process that will allow us to effect the change we all know we need.

GOOOH will allow you to:

1.Help select your Representative – while being considered yourself
    2.Hold your Representative accountable
    3.Replace career politicians – with true representatives
    4.Take the money out of the process

………

Go check it out. Let's see if we can make something for US.

2. How do they sleep at night says:

I cried when I read this article. I noted yesterday that as I sit on my back porch or drive down the same roads I drive everyday, nothing looks the same. I feel numb inside. I've emailed my congressmen and senators. Most of our congressmen and senators in TN vote against this radical agenda, but since we do not live in a key state I'm not so sure it matters. I do not understand how the people that live in the key states do not see how they are being used. Just as soon as Obama's #'s dropped in OH they sent Biden. Today Obama went to NJ, but he canceled a town hall yesterday because he could not handle the heat. I'm a conservative and a lot of times do not agree w/ the dems, but I was not afraid when they were in office like I am today.

I hate what is going on because I look at my 2 sons (21 & 17) and think how unfortunate that they are to have to grow up in a world that has lost it's touch w/ reality. How it feels to be safe and the only things you had to worry about was working and providing for your family. Now I have to tell them to be prepared to protect themselves and whatever you do, never deny your faith in God.

Sincerely,
    Ann

Jeff, you cried when you wrote that, didn't you?

I did.

Thanks for this parting gift, Jeff. It almost brought me, a non-American as yet, to tears. It hurts to see that the country that I will call mine someday is being stolen from under my feet.

The poisounous seed that was thrown into fertile soil of democracy and will someday turn it into a socialist wasteland was, I am convinced, not slavery but the introduction of Social Security. Those who contribute and those who get an undeserved handout cannot and should have equal rights and equal votes. It killed the Roman Republic by turning free people to patrons and clients, and the country into a decadent, rotting empire; that's what happening to us now. That, perhaps, is why The First Republic doesn't get the attention it deserves in the school history course.

Have a safe, joyful trip and come back. You deserve some rest, but we'll be missing you anyway.

Y'all, I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, and I will say here and now that I'm thankful not to be, because how frustrating can it be for a person of brilliance to talk with the average American–and I have a high school classmate who (oh, I'm just too ashamed to say it)–who (oh, please don't hate me) –who (oh, Lord!) is an Obot!

Think about it! And, to make things even worse, she was one of the more popular girls in school! She's supposed to have some sense.

My conservative, retired civil engineer friend from high school told me that talking with her is like it was with me two years ago.

Folks, she doesn't even make sense!

6. suek says:

Stay safe.

We'll hope for a boring few weeks. Not likely, but we'll hope.

7. Liberty at Dusk says:

Wonderfully written, Jeff, and very true. We are losing a very special place.

Bon voyage, Jeff. We will be as happy to have you home as you will be to get back here. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!

Gail, have you asked your Obot friend how her life has improved since bambam got elected? I wish I could find someone to ask that question of…I would love to here what their feelings are..I can't imagine that they don't have reservations as they see this country going doing the drain.

Anonymous at 8:05 p.m.–

She went to college and then had her own consulting firm (I'm not sure what it was, but it couldn't have been political).

Her nose is so far up in the air that it's a wonder she doesn't have to wear a neck brace.

Here's part of an email I sent her tonight:

"Are you defending Muslims? Obama is Islamic Muslim, and he's about as radical as they come. He has surrounded himself with Chicago thugs and fellow radicals. NOTHING he has 'ordered' has had any degree of success…think about it…unless bringing down America, bankrupting her, and devaluing the dollar is something he calls success. I hope we are never overthrown, but if we are, I hope you are still alive, just so you will understand what the hell he's been up to.

"Thankfully, Obama's approval ratings are tanking. People are waking up and realizing the road to poverty that he's working towards for everyone. Why? Simple. Control."

Would someone tell me if I'm right or way off base?

10. Jan says:

Jeff –
    You have a special gift. You pick the most precise pieces that hit the heart of those who love America. I cried! This is an excellent piece. Thank you for sharing your gift with us. I pray for traveling grace and protection for you and your family. Enjoy this time away.

11. Claudia says:

everything you stated was/is exactly the way I feel and fear what is happening to this COuntry that I love so very dearly, a country that every one of my acestors gave blood and sweat for the light of freedom. And that long genealogy started way back in 1623 with a few of the first landings at Plymouth, MA, only they landed at Beverely, MA….. Miles Standish was one of the guides on that ship that carried my 12th back Balch family and Hill family great-great grandfathers and grandmothers…. and another ship that landed at Virginia and carried the Claiborn's and then not to much later, there were the Lingenfelters who came here, and started giving thier blood in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, and there were the people who came with them and all of them fought the good fight because it was something that they knew they had to have and to give to their son's and daughter's.

All of this to say that I am soo very scared for what is happening to America, this land that I used to know so well, is now turing into something that I don't want to live in, yet I can't find anyplace else to go, that would have the blood of all of my ancestors so far back and be HOME TO ME….. I FEEL LIKE A DISPLACED PERSON and I am angry as hell about it, because it shouldn't be that way. This is my land and my people gave their all for it to become what is was just a few years ago, and those that now have control over it hate it and want to destroy it, and it hurts me to the core.

12. tm says:

God bless you jeff,and be safe my friend.

13. Puss in Hooker Boots says:

Very well said, Jeff. I cried when I watched the video of President Bush throwing that pitch, just as I did the first time shortly after it was available. Man I miss those days. The crisis driven agenda that permeates our daily lives now is exhausting. Just how they planned it. Just as they like it. They thrive on the fear, as well. Please people, do not get discouraged, GET MAD! It is much more effective. I have to remind myself daily of that. We cannot let them win.
    I read this the other day on a church sign near my neighborhood and it really stuck with me; "Outrage Is Fear That Prayed"

Have a great vacation, Jeff, you deserve it.

Gail,
    I think you were right in what you said to your friend…I know it is frustrating when it seems some people are just blind to this destruction. I read letters to the editor in our paper and the comments are always that those of us who oppose what is happening are racists and against Obama because he is black…that seems to be their only defense and they will not look past it because that is the easy way to dismiss what is going on…until it hits them in the pocket and something in their lives changes drastically, they will continue to defend this madness. I know that God is in control and I know that it will all work according to His plan but I believe He expects us to keep raising our voices against this agenda that is pitted against everything good about this country. Like Claudia, it hurts us to watch what is happening but as Puss in Hooker Boots said, we can't be discouraged but we need to get MAD…righteous indignation! I am going to my representative's office at 12 today and let him know that I am against the Health Care sham of a bill…I think he would oppose it, but I want to be sure he knows there are those who are watching him. Keep the faith and lift our country up in prayer every day and by sharing our thoughts with each other, it will help us reach our goal of restoring our nation. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

15. THOMAS says:

I haven't read all yet but just watching the video made me cry and I am listening to "Rudy " in the background the movie about a kid hell bent on getting into the once admired honorable Notre Dame ( a movie that swells your heart- about fighting for what you believe in) – the difference is so astounding – Bush salutes his military with pride- a high strong armed salute -Obama salutes with a limp wrist as if in disdain – and the pitches were observeably simliar – one proud to be an American the other going through the motion because he has to look presidential . Where is She – America – touch your heart and she's right there – our country was attacked from the outside and we stood together – we are being attacked from within and we must be cunning – still stand together to take her back !!!!! THank you Jeff – this video would be well worth passing to all American's as a reminder of who and what we are !!!!!! A strong nation of resilient people who can withstand the worst – but can we stop the worst when they portray themselves as our leader? I would say HELL YES ! This Dail is proud to be American !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -

I read this at work & couldn't stop the tears… you always put into words the feelings I can't find the words to express.

Thank you for always giving us hope – we must not give up or give in to this evil. May God bless you & your family with a wonderful, restful & safe trip. May He be merciful & bless our America.

Susan

17. Bodenzee says:

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
    ~~~~ Rev. Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931-2005

18. THOMAS says:

We live in Hampton Roads , Va – and this past weekend we went to a farmers market early in the morning , Saturday , picked up cheese , fresh blackberries from Rapidan Va ,lemonade – fresh baked bread – experienced the liveliness of pure Americana- hard working families living their dream =selling their wares – which was energizing – and then – having lived in this area all of out lives we decided to drive up the Parkway into Yorktown and never noticed the historical path you can drive down to follow the Revolutionary War directive and witness the ghosts of the beginning of our countries claim of Freedom from the tyranny of the British Crown ! In our own back yard we walked the path to freedom and read about the sacrifice of the militia who came for Ohio and South Carolina and Pennsylvania and the French , the Germans the West Indies – that banned together to fight for liberty – could it have ever made more of an impression on our hearts than now with our children 14 , 10 and 6 reading the historical markers outloud – walking on the ground where 50 French lay buried – seeing the Flur de Lis on the white flags border the battle fields – and that Colonial Flag of 13 Stars and Stripes marking the outer areas giving you the visual of how we invaded and won the battle for Freedom – That was the best bread and lemonade ever to touch our lips and a profound lesson in our History and a reminder of what we stand to loose if we do not stand together to protect and defend the precious gift of freedom the great men – Washington , Marquis de Lafayette,
    the Compte de Grasse – and others who pushed Cornwallace into that cave to give us life -liberty and the ability to pursue Our Own Happiness !!! Every American should travel the path to freedom – to witness the grit – the reality – the scary truth of how brave these men where starved and how they thirsted for freedom from oppression …… You all must go to Yorktown Virginia – look at the beautiful fields of freedom's past and fight for them to never be lost !
    The Dail Family

19. Dee says:

The video brought tears to my eyes as I remembered 9/11. I was at work that day and when the planes crashed everyone at work was hugging each other, blacks and whites. There were no racial barriers. My son was in the Navy and I was afraid for him. My husband was out of town on a business trip and I could not remember his flight number. I now see BO dividing us once again as blacks and whites. I do not see him as a uniter. I recently took classes to volunteer for an organization that helps children and families in the court system. The director of the organization is black and she will not allow a white person to work with black families because we "will not be able to understand" the black community. She has put race ahead of caring for the children. I have decided that this is not the place for me to volunteer. I will devote more time to washing rescued dogs in the local shelter.
    Have a great time, Jeff. The others will keep me company.
    Take care, all.

20. Robert says:

Jeff:

As an American soldier, who enlisted shortly after 9/11, I see the direction in which our great nation is heading, and I worry. I worry for our generation, but mostly I worry for the future. There are wheels in motion which, if let go unchallenged, may trample over our liberties with no hope of ever being restored. Will my children grow up ignorant of the same ideals which our parents imparted on us?

I do not know the answer. But I know that something must give. There is no telling where, when, or how, but I pray for the strength and resolve to make the right decisions when that time does come.

Thank you for voicing the thoughts which so many of the People have trouble putting to words.

Sincerely,

Robert Ulisse

Wow, that was beautiful!!! I wanted to cry too.
    I need help though. My husband says the top income tax rate during World War II was 90%. If this is true, does this mean our brave men were fighting for "socialism" (his words). He also thinks the farm bill is socialism and that public education is communism. He says public education and progressive taxation were both part of Carl Marx's Communist Manifesto and that farm subsidies are a transfer of wealth from one group to another. I need your help to persuade him otherwise.

Thanks and keep writing. I look forward to your return.

Pam

22. Dr. L. B. Paint says:

the goooh web site is useless: it asks for a user name and password.

23. Barbara says:

Thanks,

Beautifully composed!!!

We too, feel the historical love of freedom that is burning in your heart.

We also feel the oppressive weight
    of present circumstances that is erroding our very essence.

Who are we? what are we?

Most of us know an answer to the above, and we have always known the answer.

Many, however, are reluctant to interrupt their comfortable sleep in apathy — and many others are in a perpetual coma.

24. Bodenzee says:

Here's my latest Letter to Editor. Think they'll print it?

George Orwell Would be Proud

The House Ways and Means Committee has publish a draft of the Bill “To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans…”
    We have all been told, repeatedly, that “If you like your health plan, you'll keep your health plan, period.” However, this is only part of the truth. On page 16 of the proposed Bill it states “Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of 2013 (or such earlier year as the President may determine…)”
    What this means is that if you have employer sponsored health insurance now that you like you can keep it. But if you change jobs, or if the current insurance that you like is no longer available, you must then accept Government specified insurance. Under this law it will become illegal for any new employees to be enrolled in the health insurance plan you like. Consequently the number of employees in the plan you like will shrink, and become older. How long will it be before the insurer decides to terminate the plan you like? Fear not. When that happens your Government will be there to welcome you to Government specified healthcare. Enjoy.

25. tm says:

OT:
    How to Win the Presidency
    . . . with 15 percent of the popular vote.

Electoral College opponents may be nearly halfway to their goal of eliminating America's unique presidential election system. But you won't hear anything about it from the media that are understandably obsessed with health-care reform, cap and trade, and the troubled economy. And you certainly won't hear anti-Electoral College activists brag about it. The "National Popular Vote" website proclaims, more modestly, that NPV has achieved 23 percent of the votes that it needs to succeed. continued

This is going to be a looooooong two weeks!

With ALL respect to Robert and others who will be contributing, let me just say that when our Manatee is out of the water, he leaves a big hole!

That's not a knock against our gifted Robert Wallace, Ronald Glenn, Randy Wills, Rick Saunders, John Cardillo, Ian Thorpe, Dr. William Harvey, Jesse Civello, or Samuel Fain.

I guess time will spell it out–y'all contributors don't let anything sneak up on us, okay? Jeff doesn't miss ANYTHING! It's what I don't know that scares me, not what I know about.

As soon as I know that it's been posted and okay to spread, I'll come back with a link to an article that will knock your socks off!

Rix, don't go anywhere at least until Jeff gets back, okay?

Old Bob, we're praying for your hearing to return.

27. elspeth says:

Old Bob: Hope you see this. When Gail gave a list of people she couldn't wait to hear from, your name wasn't there, and I asked if anyone knew what happened to you.

Your comments are missed (by me, at least), and I hope your health returns you to our little family of a forum here at AR.

Pam: Your husband is unfortunately ABSOLUTELY CORRECT on all counts! You might want to read "Progressivism in America" by R. J. Pastrito. Another great book is "Liberal Fascism" by Jonah Goldberg. This slide towards socialism has been happening for a VERY long time. And yes, the Communist Manifesto II has a list of goals that does include education, farming, industry, etc.

Lisa in TX

29. goddessdivine says:

Wow; another piece of fantastic writing. Thanks for sharing those sentiments; they were quite moving. I start to think about how jacked up our nation has become and then I click on this site and am reminded that there are good intelligent people like you. Thanks for being that ray of hope, Jeff. You so have my vote when you run for office. (And honestly? I don't think you'll need a speechwriter. You are so gifted.)

That video makes me miss George W. With all his faults and a not so great second term, I always liked the guy. That man loved America, and it showed.

Have a great trip. God bless.

It may be posted later, but here's the story, in parts because I doubt that one comment page will hold it.

Do YOU Fear Obama?

Congress, the Courts and the Joint Chiefs do!

By JB Williams

©2009USA

Since the most powerful people in America fear the wrath of Obamanation, maybe you should too! They are indeed a dangerous bunch, after all…

Every member of the Supreme Court, every member of congress, every member of the Joint Chiefs, most members of the DOD, CIA, FBI, Secret Service and state run media, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, NPR, MSNBC, Fox and print news, knows that Barack Hussein Obama does NOT meet Article II – Section I constitutional requirements for the office he holds. By his own biography, there is NO way he can pass the test. The hard evidence is so far beyond overwhelming, it is ridiculous.

But not ONE member of America’s most powerful people will dare confront Obama and his anti-American cabal on the subject. The Constitution does NOT stand. Do you think there is no reason for this?

The Basic Facts

Barack Hussein Obama is foreign born, period (Kenya)
    Regardless of his birth place, his parents had foreign loyalties (strike 2)
    He has foreign loyalties, demonstrated in every policy decision (strike 3)
    He’s not Christian, but Muslim
    He’s not “black,” but Arab
    There is NO U.S. birth certificate, other than the forged COLB
    NO Hawaiian hospital will confirm his birth place (he has named two)
    His policies are designed to destroy the Constitutional Republic, not to uphold or defend (strike 4)
    He won’t go away without a blood bath

These are the basic facts as they exist today. This is the basis for where we are headed…

There are Only three groups in America…

Those who do not know these facts, don’t want to know these facts and will do or say anything to avoid these facts. They are the 28% of Americans polled who “strongly approve” of Obama’s policies and like Obama, they hate personal freedom, individual ambition and achievement, capitalism and self-governance.
    Those who know these facts all too well, and understand that Obamanation will either destroy America from the Oval Office, or burn it to the ground if anyone tries to stop them. They are the 36% who “strongly disapprove” of Obama & Co., currently running out of peaceful options to stop him.
    Those who limit their information to that of the state run media and can’t quite put all of the pieces together yet, but sense that something is very wrong.

Not one single leftist defense of Obama from his mindless minions will stand an ounce of honest research or scrutiny. But that does not stop them from regurgitating their talking points ad nauseum. For them, it’s not about facts, but the agenda, no matter the facts. The Congressional Budget Office just removed any doubt about the disastrous fate of nationalized health care. But the left isn’t listening… the facts don’t matter. They will go forward regardless because they don’t need a single Republican vote!

(2nd –continued)

Choose your Battles

This is why all Obama supporters label all Obama opponents “racists.” In their limited imagination, they can’t fathom someone actually opposing his Marxist anti-American pro-Terrorist belief system and policies. In their minds, only “racists” would oppose a blatant Marxist rushing to destroy the most powerful nation on earth.

Don’t waste a minute trying to have a fact-based logical discussion with them. They do NOT care what the facts are and they have no foundation upon which to discern simple right and wrong. Though they use the term “fascist” all day long in an attempt to silence their opposition, they have no idea what the word actually means and they don’t care.

But rest easy, as they only account for some 25-28% of American voters and less than 20% of society. Too many, I agree, but fight the battles worth winning. Don’t waste your energy arguing with idiots who only seek access to your earnings. Their agenda trumps their understanding and respect for the truth…

Peaceful Options Evaporate

I want to be VERY clear. I do NOT desire or promote any form of violence or any armed insurrection of the sort recently used to depose an illegal dictator in Honduras. Despite the reality that America is facing an historic Constitutional Crisis with an illegal dictator of its own, violent methods for saving a nation and a way of life, are “last resort” measures only.

However, in my opinion, we are fast approaching the point of “no peaceful resolution” when only extreme measures will remain. As American patriots who still know and still care about the Constitution lose all peaceful options for redress and are forced deeper into a socio-economic corner, the human desire to be free which fuels the urge to resort to violence, will grow.

Violence will grow in both camps, in the absence of any other viable alternatives. Since Obama refuses to respect the Constitution or the law, and congress and the courts opt to turn their collective heads, only extreme options will soon remain. This administration is running roughshod over the people and the states and sooner or later, the backlash is coming.

(3rd–continued)

Racially Motivated Violence

At every opportunity, the left is pushing the race card. The left MUST HAVE a divided nation at war with itself. It is the foundation of their power.

When people oppose Obama, it isn’t because he’s completely unqualified for office, or because his policies are aligned with Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky instead of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams. It’s because “he’s black,” even though he isn’t “black.”

Yet it was Obama supporters who overlooked everything else to “make history” and elect a candidate strictly on the basis of his alleged race. No more blatant act of racism has ever taken place in America.

We already see a dramatic increase in random acts of racially motivated violence cropping up in cities across the country. ACORN and Black Panther types sense that this is their moment in history to put the “white man” in his proper place, under their jackboot. These folks DO NOT represent the black community. Only an extreme left violent portion of that community. In Obama’s words, “America is no longer a Christian nation, or even a sovereign nation.” In the words of his black nationalist brethren, “this is a black nation now!”

But with record gun and ammunition sales across the political spectrum, it’s not hard to see where other Americans are headed either.

As the economy is driven even further towards utter collapse by an endless flood of Marxist policies oozing daily from the filibuster-proof congress, it’s only a matter of days, weeks or maybe months at the outside, before people take to the streets in more than TEA Parties.

With the Free Economy goes Freedom

Freedom gave every American the chance to determine their own station in life and for the vast majority of Americans it has been a very comfortable station indeed.

But international leftists have spent decades training those who would not use their freedom well, to vote themselves access to the earnings of others. Today, they feel entitled to that which they did not earn and their leftist leaders feel entitled to confiscate private industry and wealth, in the name of the “greater common good,” which is otherwise known as their personal political power.

They have no idea what’s coming… As the free market economy becomes an Obama Czar controlled economy, and Obama strives to buy favor with his supporters by economically attacking his opponents, the economy will continue its slide into depression. Free-market investors don’t invest in Marxism.

Day traders are riding the government manipulation of the market on their way out, taking “day profits” where they can. But real investors will find a way to escape Marxism, with their resources intact… and they are already fleeing for foreign markets moving towards capitalism. Watch what happens to the new Government Motors. Americans will NOT buy their cars… Then what?

One of two events will ignite the new battle for freedom in America.

Either Obama succeeds in fraudulently holding on to his power long enough to bankrupt the nation, or the people rise up and bankrupt the Fed before Obama can bankrupt every American.

(4th — continued)
    Either way, the streets will burn!

Americans still hoping to avoid a confrontation with international leftists are hoping in vein. Whether Obama supporters tire of their false messiah’s lies and begin to take by force, that which Obama promised but could not deliver, — or true patriots rise up and put a stop to his rape and plundering of a great nation, leaving his supporters in worse condition than before his election, the near future looks the same.

Broad based economic strife, racial violence, government plunder or street gang plunder… no matter which way we go from here, the streets of America are going to burn. This has been a long time coming. There’s almost no chance of escaping it at this late hour.

International leftists did not spend billions and decades setting up the “silent coup” of the United States to simply walk away when busted. They went “all-in” in the last election. They were playing for keeps. They will not let go of their death grip on the United States without a blood bath…

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Defending the Constitution is not always a Peaceful Event

The people who want to destroy the United States have just as much at stake as those who want to save her. They have worked a very long time to push the USA to the brink of collapse. They intend to finish the job, one way or another.

You can’t figure out why no member of congress or the courts will be the first to ignite civil war by challenging this evil cabal? — Think!

If Americans won’t let leftists have their country, the left will burn it and leave it in ruins. There is no peaceful way out of the corner leftists have placed Americans in… Congress, the courts, even the military brass and law enforcement, will do nothing to save this country. The state run media complex is running interference. The American people are on their own here…

Push is Coming to Shove

The seating of Judge Sotomayor on the Supreme Court bench is a significant event. She’s anti-life, anti-gun, anti-white, anti-American and anti- peace, just like the people who chose her. She was appointed by a usurper of the Constitution. Republicans have no power to stop her, even if they want to. What do you think that means for the future of American justice?

Obama’s Department of Homeland Security has already labeled every American willing to fight for the flag and the Constitution, a “right-wing extremist” and a “potential domestic terrorist.” Every local, county, state and federal law enforcement agency, as well as every state run media outlet, has been put on the lookout for these types of “subversives.” Any guesses why?

Still the Supreme Court, congress, the CIA, FBI and the DOD, sit silent. What do they know that you don’t?

They all know that the election of Barack Hussein Obama amounts to a silent coup of the United States of America. But they do nothing… Why? — Come on… think!

A brave few… This is how it was in the beginning, how it has always been and how it will be.

~ Retired Navy Commander Walter Fitzpatrick, who has filed criminal charges of “treason” against Barack Obama, but has found no court or prosecutor ready to uphold the Constitution.
    ~ Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, who refused recall and deployment orders, from a fraudulent Commander-in-Chief, only to have the DOD revoke those orders so that Obama would not have to answer his charges in court. Then the DOD forced his private sector employer to fire him from his civilian job in a Martial act of retaliation.
    ~ Maj. Gen. (Ret.) Carroll D. Childers and Lt. Col. David Earl Graeff, who have joined the growing group of military officers demanding proof of Obama’s eligibility to command the US Military.
    ~ Longtime liberal New York radio talker Lynn Samuels, who has accused Obama of lying about his birth certificate.
    ~ CNN’s Lou Dobbs, the first employee of the state run media complex to recently decide that the mounting evidence against Obama is just too much to ignore any longer.
    ~ Former Marine and U.S. District Judge David O. Carter, the first US Judge to accept his oath to uphold the Constitution, stating… “The country needs to know if Mr. Obama is legitimate, if he can legitimately stay in the White House.”
    ~ Orly Taitz, Phil Berg and Gary Kreep, all of whom have made defending the Constitution and the American way of life a personal ambition, in the absence of any constitutional leadership.
    ~ Carl Swensson has formed Citizen Grand Juries across the country which have brought Grand Jury criminal indictments against Obama.
    And state legislature after state legislature is moving to reclaim state sovereignty and rights under the 10th Amendment, restating 2nd Amendment rights along the way, all of it positioning the states to defend their citizens against an increasingly belligerent Fed.

A precious few, but they exist… and the walls are indeed closing in on Obama and his evil cabal. If the American people fail to get behind these brave few who are seeking peaceful redress, all peaceful options will evaporate as if they never existed. We will return to a pre-1776 America overnight.

Obama could have ended all of this months ago by simply being the “transparent” leader he promised to be. The reason Obama has not done so is, he can’t. He does not qualify and cannot provide adequate proof that he does. When the pressure to provide proof reaches a level that can no longer be ignored, he will fail to pass the test. He knows it, and so do his co-conspirators.

This means that sooner or later, he’s going down in history as the greatest political fraud ever perpetrated on the American people and the world. It also means that all of his co-conspirators have a very serious problem as well… Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Emanuel, all of them…

(6th — last continuation)

The End Game

The clock is ticking… Which bomb explodes first?

Obama and Co. are rushing to force Americans into a corner where they will not be able to afford to fight back. Patriots are rushing to fight back before Obama removes the ability to fight back.

No matter which clock ticks down first, this thing is going to blow. There are patriots in this country who are prepared to fight and die for the Constitution and Freedom. But there are also many in this country who are equally ready to kill for Obama and his Marxist agenda. Neither side is going to walk away from the coming battle…

Freedom may be lost in America, but it won’t go down without a fight. Likewise, the left may be defeated, but they won’t walk away without a blood bath… They think they have the American people on their knees already. They won’t let up until forced to let up. They have made this very clear… If I post reader comments from this column, you will see what I see daily.

Marxists established control of academia, the press and the courts years before establishing filibuster-proof control of congress and unfettered control of the executive branch. Obama has appointed more unelected Czars in thirty days than the Soviet Union did in thirty years.

There is only ONE End Game…

Obama and Pelosi have removed any possibility for peaceful resolution. The courts are the forum for peaceful resolution and the courts are missing in action on the matter. Congress is the place for peaceful resolution, but the left is not seeking any form of resolution, nor will they even allow the opposition a voice.

When no peaceful option is allowed, what options remains?

The time to stand and be counted is coming. The left will take no prisoners. American patriots are running out of options and out of time to act.

Internal conflict is a foregone conclusion now. The stage had been set, the battle lines drawn, the forces assembled. It just hasn’t reached a level of unbridled violence yet. The only thing that is not certain is what kind of America emerges from the conflict on the backside of the coming violence.

Will the anti-American left outnumber and overpower the American patriots, or will American patriots and freedom prevail?

The answer to this question will soon be written in history. The rest has already been written…

I pray for my country, my fellow patriots, for freedom and liberty and for justice. The time has come again, for all good men to come to the aid of their nation. Freedom has never been free and the bill has come due again…

I pray that enough American patriots remain, ready to do what must be done.

But it’s all just my opinion, and today, I’d love to be wrong!

–JB Williams

36. cal says:

Thank you for sharing that video of Bush throwing out the first pitch. When I see NY fans cheering it gives me hope as I still think the average American feels like they do. They love America and they love freedom. I think the problem resides in Washington and with a few powerful people that, as you said, love the idea of staying in power more than they love their country.

37. Portuguese Revolutionary War Hero - Peter Francisco says:

Great article:

O'Bushama, Bush's 3rd TTerm on STEROIDS, Mission Accomplished, you did the IMPOSSIBLE, in less that 6 months you have made Bush look good and have people Missing HIM.

It would be GREAT TODAY to spread the word about the greatest and mopst overlooked Revolutionary War Hero. Please someday write about him we need to be INSPIRED by this GIANT HERO.

NEVER FORGET!!!

If he is a citizen of US then he lied on application for scholarship. Either way it’s dishonest.

Smoking Gun Finally Found

AP- WASHINGTON D.C. – In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama's qualifications for the presidency, the group "Americans for Freedom of Information" has Released copies of President Obama's college transcripts from Occidental College .
    Released today, the transcript indicates that under the name Barry Soetoro, Obama received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the school. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California . The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizen ship. This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama's detractors have been seeking.

Along with the evidence that he was born in Kenya and no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama's legitimacy and qualification to serve as president. When reached for comment in London , where he has been in meetings with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Obama smiled but refused comment on the issue. Britain 's Daily Mail has also carried the story in a front-page article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama's first official visit to the U.K.

In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups, Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama's legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey . This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president. Donofrio's case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama's citizenship or qualification to serve as president.
    Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama's campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter.
    LET OTHER FOLKS KNOW THIS NEWS THAT THE MEDIA WON'T EMBRACE!

39. kingskid says:

Jeff, a hauntingly beautiful and poignant article. Thank you! Strangely, I was having the same "I miss America" feelings tonight before I even read your article. I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. I think the J.B. Williams article posted here is also right on. What obama calls "audacity" is, I believe, ruthlessness, and we are likely to see a lot more of it in the days ahead if we are unable to find one judge in this whole country to finally adjudicate obama's ineligibility problem and kick the impostor out.

I trust in God and know that He knows what is happening to this country. Sometimes I wonder if we are under divine judgment for the sins of this nation (abortion is right up there) and if that is why we are on the brink of destruction. What a horrible and forlorn feeling it is to see our Constitutional-Republic ship of state sail away while we stand on the dock watching helplessly as it recedes farther and farther away. Yes, we have been neutralized for now, but I also believe that violence will erupt because we have nowhere else to go if we desire to remain free people who live in liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

God help us. God help this nation, before it is too late.

The only way to stop Obama is to heed Zechariah ch. 12. Verses 8 and 9 " In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them. v9 And it shall come to pass in that day , that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem"
    Join the ONE JERUSALEM team fighting to keep Jerusalem united and in the hands of Israel. You cannot fight against God and win.
    All of you patriotic Americans who love America, watch how Obama is pressuring Israel to give up Jerusalem and unite against it. If you stop the murderous policy of the USA as it conspires with the rest of the nations of the world against Jerusalem, Obama's power will dissipate and he will be removed from office before he turns America into another Zimbabwe. God is not mocked.

Anonymous (at 12:27 a.m.) said…
    "Can anyone confirm the info from the e-mail that I received below? If so very good news that someone is finally reporting this!!Thanks!"

I saw that "AP story" a couple of months ago and asked Jeff about it. He said it definitely was not by AP. The date on the story was April 1 — an April Fool's Day joke. I did a bit of research on it, and he was right. It's a hoax.

elspeth said…

Elspeth and Old Bob, if your name wasn't there, it was an oversight.

Is prayer working on your hearing yet?

Gail,

No offense was intended. I stopped using my name and went back to posting under Anonymous when so many of my postings didn't make it thru to the comments.

You remind me sometimes of the fruitcake lady, and I enjoy your comments. I used to think you must be Jeff's Mom or Grandma!

No offense taken, Elspeth. I phrased it wrong. I thought I had included Old Bob, but I was addressing the statement to you…about Old Bob. That is the reason the verb was singular, rather than plural.

I do enjoy your comments.

No kin to Jeff at all. I just "fell in love" with him when I realized that he was an HONEST, hard-working, dedicated employee, father, and husband. I realized, too, that he was up at the top in the smarts department and that he put in long hours to help us when he could have (and should have) been studying. It amazes me that nothing gets by him politically.

I was about to have an anxiety attack when I realized that I didn't know how to get in touch with Robert, but I'm okay there now, too. We're in good hands.

Elspeth, I'm not your average "little old lady," as you have by now guessed — when I have something on my mind, I SAY it! Trouble is, sometimes it comes out backwards (before coffee).

45. thunderprince says:

Hopefully you have safely made it on your flight across the pond.

Have a wonderful vacation and we look forward to you sharing parts of it with us when you return!

Safe flight home!!!

From an anything-but-Airbus flyer!!