Make Them Own It

Assigned Reading: Obama Open to Partisan Vote on Health Care Reform
(FROM: Bloomberg)

If there were ever a time for constructive obstructionism, this is it. The Republicans can fight the Democrats all they want on Obama-health care reform, but it the end the majority can push it through without any Republican input whatsoever.

In keeping with the Doctrine of Constructive Obstructionism, the GOP must provide, extensively promote and unify behind an alternative, and make it known to each and every Democrat that the support of themselves and their party means complete and total ownership of the failure of the American health care system. Unfortunately, unlike with regard to other issues which could eventually be dialed back with some effort, such as cap-and-trade, once we thrust headlong into the gargantuan entitlement program that is nationalized healthcare, there is never going back; therefore, rather than wait to point out the Democrats’ failure after the legislation has been forced through, the GOP must use a stance of constructive obstructionism to prevent, ahead of time, support for health care reform among some Democrats who understandably would not want to hang their futures on such radical reform.

By presenting a unilateral front and making the world know that their Democratic Party counterparts are completely responsible for the legislation, I believe enough Blue Dog Democrats will be too apprehensive to comply with orders from Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and the White House.

Comments

Good read. I dislike obstructionism in general, but in this case I couldn't agree with this analysis more. The leftist zealots have made this mess; let them pay a high price for it in 2010 and, especially, 2012. Unfortunately, the cost for us regular folks will get a lot higher in the meantime. They're doing such a spectacular job of wasting the country's money!

JV

2. HA HA THE DEATH OF A PARTY says:

ZERO non democrat votes is A MUST.
    Boy this is going to be fun watching their party self destruct. Stock up on popcorn and a lazy-boy.

As I see things, an obstructive, resounding NO is the only answer when you're being raped.

4. cher-pa says:

The Dems will own it in my home.
    Since September 2008 Our family has collected information from many sources,We call it the Obama Files.These files will show my children,my grandchildren and future generations,who was responsible for the destruction of my beloved country.

5. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Blogger Rix said…

Agreed. Still, I think it benefits the GOP politically to align behind an alternative, while never giving an inch to the Democrats.

If I just heard correctly on Fox News, the blue dog democrats have decided to support the bill. It's beyond comprehension that they are forcing this on us considering how much opposition they face. It cannot be well thought out and is certain to be a total mess. I don't know what is wrong with these people. No longer do they listen to the people – they listen to Pelosi. Absolutely disgusting.

The democrats are so arrogant they don't believe it will hurt their party in the least. I look forward to their destruction and will be celebrating when their time is up.

7. BLUE DOG HEARTWORMS says:

You squirming on this one John Tanner?

8. CAN'T GET AWAY WITH NOTHING ANYMORE says:

Politicians must absolutely despise the power of the internet. Thank you, Al Gore. ROTFL

9. 2ND AMENDMENT says:

Rix, the answer is "HELL NO" and the Glock comes out of the panty waistband.

10. ACCOMPANYING THE SCHREIBERS says:

COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has cleared his schedule this week to take a personal trip with his wife, three weeks after announcing his extramarital affair with an Argentine woman, his office announced Wednesday.
    Sanford is taking off the rest of the week for a trip out of state with first lady Jenny Sanford, spokesman Joel Sawyer said.
    "This trip is personal in nature, and we're not going to offer any further comment," said Sawyer, who said the couple will be gone through this coming weekend. "The governor remains committed to repairing the damage he's done to his marriage, and so it shouldn't be any surprise that spending personal time with his wife is a part of that process."

11. HONEYMOONS OVER, WELL NOT MINE says:

Hey Gator-1, if John Tanner votes YEA it is showtime, OK?

Jeff:
    > Still, I think it benefits the GOP politically to align behind an
    > alternative, while never giving an inch to the Democrats.

Jeff, they have an alternative. It's just there is nobody to broadcast it. FoxNews is playing it safe and other networks are safely in Obama's pocket.

Re: Anonymous
    > The democrats are so arrogant they don't believe it will hurt
    > their party in the least.

One possible explanation is that they were given assurances that the oncoming elections will be sufficiently rigged, or even canceled. Another chilling version is that Emmanuel Rahmbo has privately explained some of them, in vividly gory details, what "Chicago at your doorstep" phrase means.

13. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

I know they have one, Rix, and it has been promoted by Jim DeMint and others. So long as they have it, so long as the GOP unifies behind it, even if the Democrats do put this bill through, it will force the Dems to take ownership.

That's something that could spell political disaster for the Democrats for years to come. When people are waiting for months for arthritis treatment, like in the UK, we just need to make sure we know exactly who to thank. Saying that the GOP had an alternative, and not a single Republican voted in favor of the Dem plan, could very well be enough.

> So long as they have it, so long as the GOP unifies behind it, even
    > if the Democrats do put this bill through, it will force the
    > Dems to take ownership. That's something that could spell
    > political disaster for the Democrats for years to come.

Jeff, for a person that wise and educated, you surprie me with your political naivete. Let's look at the most recent example. The primary reason for the financial turmoil we are now in is the CRA pushed through by Democrats, yet they magically shifted the blame to Republicans who paid the price in 2008. You'd be amazed again when media spins turn the oncoming healthcare crisis into a poster example of "corporate greed" for which, naturally, Republicans will be blamed again.

SENATOR LEAHY HIDES 'HATE BILL' IN PENTAGON BUDGET.

***URGENT*** could be voted on today

I agree w/ RIX on the upcoming elections being rigged. That's why I believe Obama did not want to get involved in the dispute over voter fraud in Iran. Obama is as evil as they come and he will not be happy until he destroys our country.

17. Ashamed of our president says:

As Rix stated previously, I believe that the voting will be rigged. Just look what happened in MN w/ how Al Franken won. He's an idiot. I also believe that Obama did not want to get involved w/ the riots in Iran because he knows that that will be going on here.

The Democrats act like they love everybody and that they want equal rights for everyone when that is a bunch of crap. My mother worked for the government in section 8 housing and she had to go to some of the apartments and they had some of the finests tv's, vcr's, etc. money could buy. They had better things than she could afford.

I also want to say that my sister-in-law makes good money but her employer does not carry health insurance (and she works for a sub-contractor for a cable co. that makes more money than we do). So I helped her look into some insurance companies and found one (BC/BS) that had a decent premium. She did not want to pay that. She wants everything given to her. We own a small business and carry our own insurance and it's not cheap and I don't want to pay for it, but we do because it's a necessity. I DO Not want the government to tell me how to manage my health. I have bad health. Anything good in life is not free.

We are having a hard time paying our bills right now, but I DO Not want the government to help me.

The Democrats are more concerned over the killings of an animal (which I'm an animal lover) than they are about a late term abortion (or any abortion).

When I drive down the road or sit on my back porch, nothing looks or feels the same anymore. I thought they said Obama would bring everyone closer when he has only driven everyone further apart. We are no longer safe.

For the 1st time in my life, I am truly ashamed of my president. There have been some that I have not approved of but this one has a whole new meaning.

Sincerely,
    From the Heart

I would love to see a proposal from some representative that puts ALL govt workers and elected officials smack dab in the middle of the same healthcare plan as they are trying to force on us. That would be the end of this stinking mess they are trying to push in our faces. Can't we the people insist on this since we pay their salaries? Where the H do they think we are going to get the means to pay for this junk?

19. DavidP says:

I think this link needs to go viral about the health plan.They have slipped in a provision that if you lose your current health care, either thru job change or want to change to a cheaper plan, you are have to go with the governmentr program. It's being referred to as page 16.

Jeff – your legal thoughts?