ObamaCare, Yay or Nay?

A tip of the old hat to Ed Morrissey over at HotAir for bringing this excellent video from Steven Crowder to light. I’m going to be out of the country while most of this debate is going on over the next few weeks, but I hope that people will have the chance to educate themselves before our Congress signs away our prosperity and enters into the biggest entitlement program in our nation’s history, an irreversible measure if I’ve ever seen one.

Comments

1. GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT says:

I hear Michael Moore is on a 5 year long backlogged list for a FAT CLINIC in Canada. Come on cholesterol, work your magic.

2. La Muse Poetique says:

Is there a difference between Quebec and the rest of Canada?

3. Uncle Rick says:

It's important to reflect that Manhattan, during regular business hours, has about the same population as Canada. In other words, it's a far more manageable number than 300 million.

I am so curious why the likes of Micheal Moore, John Edwards, etc. beat this drum so hard. They have no personal stake in nationalized health care and, in any event, will never use it.

There is noone to convince. The country is split into people who already hate the idea and the people who stand to benefit financially from it. The other half is currently on a power trip so the only way to stop the idea's implementation is to block the means to do so. Tax revolt, anyone?

5. goddessdivine says:

I can't believe I watched that whole video. And I can't believe the powers that be actually think this is a good idea. Oh wait, they have their own insurance and benefits; they're not subject to the same system that we are. They need to remove their elitist blinders and smell the waiting lists and shortages.

Ok Mr. 'Good things come….', I was busting up. Nice one.

6. HURRY BACK, WITH A TIN CUP says:

Jeff is going to Poland,
    and returning to a po land,
    courtesy of Barry Soetoro.

7. HEALTHCARE PAPERWORK says:

Regarding Canadian healthcare, when a child is born there do they issue a long form birth certificate?

The term "KenyaCare" would be more appropriate.

9. La Muse Poetique says:

I'm still wondering if it's the same in Quebec as it is everywhere else in Canada…

As of January 1, 2009, Canada's population was an estimated 33,504,700.

As of February 2009, the United States has a total resident population of 306 million.

With 9 to 10 times more people how do they think this is going to work?

Also remember it is going to cover illegal aliens too, who are not paying into the system. Even a tax surcharge on the rich isn't going to help that.

Thank you American tax payer.