VOTER ALERT: Protect Free Speech!

*** VOTER ALERT ***

Monday could shape up to be an important day for conservatives and Republicans alike. If enough of us ordinary American voters call our elected representatives and demand that they tell House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to add the Broadcaster Freedom Act (“BFA”) as an amendment to a Financial Services appropriation on Tuesday, the BFA could get a full and fair up-and-down vote.

The BFA, which has been tweaked by Republicans for a long time to prevent the unconstitutional infringement upon free speech through measures such as the poorly-named “Fairness Doctrine,” has been recently expanded in scope to address any efforts undertaken by Democrats to censor political speech on local and other levels.

So, this weekend, take a few minutes and:

1. Call your congressman or congresswoman (find their contact information HERE).
  2. Ask them to tell Nancy Pelosi to tack on the Broadcaster Freedom Act as an amendment to Tuesday’s Financial Services appropriation.
  3. (Optional, but encouraged.) Check in here at America’s Right. Tell us who you called, and what they said.

Comments

1. ITS MY FATE TO LIVE IN DISTRICT 8 says:

Just wrote Congressman Tanner. We'll see how that goes.

2. TAKE ME BACK TO JAMESTOWN says:

This New World Order sucks. How do we seriously reboot this country?

3. HEY STRANGER WELCOME TO CHICAGO says:

Speaking of free speech. Mind if I plug Larry's book in here? It's out!

4. got birth certificate? says:

just keeping the issue alive….

Amazing how much effort has to be expended to fight for our Constitutional rights.

It seems that narcissism has grown so strong in the personalities of governing officials that they now would commit national suicide just to continue their personal pleasure of seeing themselves in their mirrors.

6. NATURAL BORN? NO says:

The son of a white woman from Kansas and a black goat herder-turned-academic from Kenya, Obama delivered an unsentimental account of squandered opportunities in postcolonial Africa.
    America's first black president spoke with a bluntness that perhaps could only come from a member of Africa's extended family.

7. GATOR-1 says:

ITS MY FATE TO LIVE IN DISTRICT 8 said…
    Just wrote Congressman Tanner. We'll see how that goes.

July 11, 2009 9:57 AM

Howdy Neighbor, Aint we the lucky ones? (NOT). I tried to leave msg. and box said it was full. That dont suprise me none and I doubt Mr Tanner is going to listen to us anyway.

I talked with him last fall and the man ended up hanging up on me.

The time before that I actually saw him he was all over me with congrats. and praises such upon return from OIF at our welcome home dinner.

It was all so much BS as I later learned. I thought I saw him at the send-off at McKeller last week but did not try to make my way to him as I wouldnt have had anything good to say to him and I was surrounded by the soldiers and knew full well who was better company.

We GOTTA get this clown OUT!

Thank you Jeff, It is an excellent idea to post the link for all the numbers…..Good Job!….as always.

8. Silent_Majority says:

I on it. I will bend the ear of anyone who will listen. We need to stop them before they slide through some new restrictive piece of legislation in the cover of darkness.

9. tm says:

Hey Jeff,
    Have you seen this yet?

John Holdren, Obama's Science Czar, says: Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet

Book he authored in 1977 advocates for extreme totalitarian measures to control the population

10. THE VOLUNTEER STATE says:

Gator,

yeh we gotta get that career politician OUT! Make him use his schooling and degree to do something productive.

Hey, TANNER, YOU WORK FOR ME, NOT NANCY PELOSI.

I called Robert Wexler's number 3 times and it rang 20 each time I called. There was no voice mail offered and once I received a busy signal after the 19th ring.

This does not surprise me as every time I contact him if I get a response it is always the canned reply. I really do not like this man, he is most likely one of the most arrogant congressmen in DC.

He came under fire locally when it had been exposed that he did not even live in Florida, he had a home in Virginia . He quickly rented an apartment, but he does not reside in Florida. He was actually using his in-laws address. When he was exposed he just wormed his way out of it.

12. YES YOU CAN, MOVE BACK ANYTIME says:

ACCRA, Ghana – America's president and Africa's son, Barack Obama dashed with pride onto the continent of his ancestors Saturday, challenging its people to shed corruption and conflict in favor of peace. Campaigning to all of Africa, he said "Yes you can."

"I say this knowing full well the tragic past that has sometimes haunted this part of the world," Obama told a riveted Ghanaian Parliament. "I have the blood of Africa within me."

Birthers???…Tin Foil Hat wearers???…I think not!!

"Eyes Wide Open Patriots", as Sarah would say, "You betcha"!!!

This is the beginning of the end for Barry…Checkmate!!!

Watch closely as it all unfolds in the coming weeks.

I've contacted Lynn A. Westmoreland about it. Doubt I will get a response, but at least I've made the effort.

15. Bobby K. says:

Jeff, copied part of your article in my email to Congressman Kevin Brady, hope you don;t mind, even plugged your site. We can not let this happen. Like I keep saying We can be the silent Majority no more we must stand up and speak out, and take our Country back. and again Jeff thanks for all you do… Below my email to Kevin Brady

Topic of Your Message: Other
    Message: Congressman Brady, first I would like you to know how much my family and I appreciate the hard work you have been doing to keep this country free and safe. The caption below came from Americasright.com and it is a subject that deeply concerns us all, if they stiffle free speech at this level it will only be a matter of time before it affects the rest of us. Again we thank you for your hard work. "The BFA, which has been tweaked by Republicans for a long time to prevent the unconstitutional infringement upon free speech through measures such as the poorly-named "Fairness Doctrine," has been recently expanded in scope to address any efforts undertaken by Democrats to censor political speech on local and other levels. Pelosi, in typical partisan form, announced the Monday amendment deadline on Friday afternoon, leaving little time for proper grassroots support and intervention."

16. Bodenzee says:

It’s summer now and a bit of relaxation and reading might do us all well. I’ve been working my way through some fascinating works that I’d like to suggest. Kaminski’s “The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution,” Collier’s “Decision in Philadelphia,” biographies of those important to the formation of our government (Franklin, Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Thomas Paine, etc.) The Federalist Papers and Antifederalist Papers (most of these can be found on the internet.)
    As you're reading these, read and re-read the Constitution and the first 10 amendments. (I don’t feel that the rest of the amendments, 11th-27th, relate to the formation of the nation.)
    When you’ve finished try to figure out where we went wrong and how the nation can be reclaimed. I’m worried.

17. Linda says:

Thanks for this, Jeff. I forwarded the alert to my Second Amendment Alert email list and asked them to act. If the polls are correct, perhaps the time is nearing when they will have to start paying attention (if only a litle bit).

18. Dee says:

Assignment completed. Emailed my representatives.

19. WORLD PRESIDENT says:

Anybody else get the bad feeling that Barry was campaigning for world leader on his trip this week? This guy is scary.

20. FRESH AIR says:

Excerpts from TammyBruce.com

Enter now Sarah Palin with very encouraging comments that lead one to believe that she is indeed planning to do what she must: build an independent conservative movement and take this nation back from the liberals which now control both parties.Thanks liberals, for provoking Sarah into the national scene while vetting that family at the same time.

21. HARLEM GLOBE TROTTER says:

I now get the impression that they are flagrantly flaunting the disregard of the natural born clause. Our dear, beloved Constitution mocked. The goings-on we are now witnessing in his world wide jaunts are EXACTLY what the founders were worried about.

22. WORKING TOGETHER DIGITALLY says:

Jeff, it would be cool to have an AR thread for each congressional district so we can team up, communicate and strategize a way to get some of these lifelong political clowns out.

23. MUCH SHORTER BILLS, AND READ EM! says:
  24. GATOR-1 says:

Hey, TANNER, YOU WORK FOR ME, NOT NANCY PELOSI.

Thanks VOL…Only I think John works for John period.

Not only is he non-representive he pandered (if that is the correct word) to me and my family. That chaps an ole hippie's favorite flower.

It is good to know I have neighbors here on Jeffs National site.

Thanks Jeff, Now you've allowed me to sorta meet some like minded neighbors and you have my permission to give either of the above Tn Dist. 8 posters my email if they desire.

We have a Bad one here that needs to go but he is entrenched here like sand in the desert. Its not going to be easy.

BLESSINGS PATRIOTS

25. tinkerthinker says:

It is easy to accept the unacceptable when it won't matter in the least in the near future,,, in this case people accepting ineligible Obama as president of US when the real goal is president of the world. Yes, by all means free speech must be stopped for the greater good of the world.

26. Chuck in San Diego says:

An ugly one popped up on the radar this morning:

Someone wrote an intriguing comment on this:

"Don't be foolish. Holder would never do this if it wasn't strongly suggested by Obama. What you see going on here is during the first 6 months Obama told the GOP that if they cooperated he would quietly sweep all the illegal stuff under the rug. Well, the GOP has not cooperated and is threatening to scotch Obama's healthcare agenda. So, Obama is sick and tired of fooling around, and he's getting out the big guns.

In about 3 months Obama will have enough to prosecute Bush and Cheney and jail them. Then he will offer the GOP one last chance to cooperate on his agenda. If they refuse then Bush and Cheney will go to jail and it will utterly destroy the Republican Law & Order party. I predict that around that time you will see the GOP quietly supporting the Obama healthcare plan, despite what they publically say."

Now, THAT is an interesting idea.
    Because, it does make me think: why was Obama and Holder so against bringing up charges a few months ago, and now have changed their minds?
    And what if Obama is trying to use this threat to extort cooperation from the GOP?
    I have a hard time believing Holder would do something Obama doesn't want.
    How weird the way this could play out.
    Of course, it's not just an automatic thing they could get any convictions either…..
    I hope Bush and Cheney tell Holder to buzz off and ignore him.

27. Bev says:

Check out http://www.whitehouse.gov
    Interesting???

28. COMING TO AMERICA says:

How do you say "Sieg Heil" in Swahili?