The Stimulus Swindle

By Rick Saunders
America’s Right

Like the video, but wary of receiving a political education from a man, a coffee table, and a jar of pennies? The charts included in this piece (click to enlarge them) were made from data from the U.S. Dept. of Labor. They’re not as fancy as a coffee table full of pennies, but they represent the fate of so many Americans thanks to the actions of the Obama administration — penniless.

Last February, President Barack Obama proclaimed that the “stimulus package” (not to be confused with a “suicide pact”) would create or save between three and four million jobs. Administration propagandists continued the party line that, despite some job losses, other jobs were being created and the stimulus plan “was working.” Such logic leads me to wonder whether our president is still smoking unfiltered Camels in the Rose Garden, or if he has evolved into indulging in a different species of chopped leaves.

We now know that:

• the nation’s unemployment rate is (again) up–not down as Obama had assured us would happen if only the stimulus lunacy were enacted–to 9.5 percent, the highest since 1983 following the disastrous administration of Jimmy (“Dhimmi”) Carter;
  • the Obama regime continues to peddle the notion that universal, collectivized healthcare–with annual price-tags in the trillions of dollars–is the way to go, despite the failure of the stimulus infusion to prevent the loss in June of an additional 467,000 jobs; and
  • the likely response by Obama and White House Press Jester Robert Gibbs to these “inconvenient truths” will be that the stimulus package just didn’t contain enough money . . . and then blame the Republicans. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid will nod their heads approvingly, and then clamor for a second “stimulus.”

These folks are amazing. No, strike that. “Amazing” doesn’t even come close to describing the toxic amalgam of stupidity, arrogance, recklessness and outright unprincipled behavior of this regime–and its congressional enablers–when it comes to looking out for the interests of America and its citizens.

And now, with a “filibuster-proof” Senate super-majority thanks to the addition of Al (“SNL-Was-Just-a-Warm-up-Act-for-What’s-Coming-You-Rubes”) Franken, the ominous truth of Lord Acton’s famous observation comes even more sharply into focus: “Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

These people are unfit to govern. To borrow a phrase from White House Hearst correspondent Helen Thomas: “It’s shocking.”

At least the Republicans seem to be finally getting it:

At a time when families are struggling to make ends meet, the rising unemployment rate is further evidence that we cannot borrow and spend and bail our way back to a growing economy.

More than four months after the economic stimulus was signed into law, our country still faces the highest unemployment in almost three decades.

Sadly, Democrats’ answer to near record unemployment is runaway federal spending and a national energy tax that will increase the cost of energy on every household in the country and cost millions of American jobs.

Congress should be doing what every American family is doing during these tough economic times: cutting expenses, and making sacrifices.

Instead, Washington is pushing for more spending, more debt and higher taxes, all on the backs of our nation’s taxpayers.

Our nation deserves a strategy for prosperity, not more spending, more taxes and more unemployment.

– Congressman Mike Pence, July 2, 2009

Comments

I really like the information presented here and I believe it to be factual. My problem is I can't post this on facebook or send it to my friends because of playful pokes and funny jabs.

Jeff I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog but could you and Rick lay off the sarcastic comments a bit more. I enjoy them as much as the next guy but showing this article as it's written to a skeptic will turn them off.

I'm doing what I can to educate people and you're blog has been a GREAT wealth of information but more and more I can't pass the articles on :(

Thanks for listening,
    Toni

Rick, this just makes me sick! I'm still in shock over the 8 million-plus jobs lost since the contemporary liberal Democrats took control of the Congress.

I received a letter from Dianne Feinstein, Senator from California, in response to a letter about the FY 2010 budget.

"Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the fiscal year 2010 budget. I understand that these are difficult times for many Californians and welcome the opportunity to respond."

She goes on about what's in the budget and then says,"Like you, I am concerned about our Nation's increasing debt and the financial burden it will place on future generations. Our National debt now exceeds $11.2 trillion, which translates to roughly $36,000 owed by every American. It is imperative that prudent spending reductions and sensible tax reforms be enacted to close the budget deficit and reduce the National debt. Please know that I will keep your concerns in mind as I review legislation that would implement Congress' budget priorities.

"Once again, thank you for writing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202)224-3841. Best Regards."

Don't you KNOW she is concerned?! Bah! Humbug!

I can't even get an email from Rep. David Scott, who represents the district where I was staying last year.

And that will continue until the Anointed One realizes that His own job is threatened. Perhaps we should ship him to Honduras for Constitutional training.

4. goddessdivine says:

Love the video; great visual. What's the definition of insanity? Oh yeah – doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. These guys are clowns.

I personally enjoy the sarcasm.

5. GIVE UP says:

You can't save skeptics, ask my war hero Dad.

6. LEAVIN ON A JET PLANE says:

Just ship him to Honduras, period, as far as anyone knows he may have been born there.

7. ROSS PEROT says:

Nice charts!

8. Linda says:

Gail B: so you can just imagine how frustrating it is to deal with Feinstein on a daily basis. Being the 5th wealthiest member of Congress, she could care less about any of us – just what increases her power base. All of us here on the "left" coast have received the same inane form responses from what are supposed to be our representatives.

9. Jan says:

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -and a lot of courage- to move in the opposite direction. – Albert Einstein

Ah, Pence, music to my ears. Run this guy with Palin I tell ya!

12. CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE WORKS says:

PARIS – Protesters linked arms across an entrance at Paris' main airport on Friday to keep passengers off a Yemeni flight to Comoros — a route that saw a deadly crash this week, after years of complaints about dangerous conditions on the flight path to the Indian Ocean island nation.

13. YOU DON'T SCARE ME says:

Take your 'evil eye' and cram it you illegal immigrant.

14. DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA says:

My gut tells me this president is going to leave early, and even more disgraced than Richard Nixon.

15. AMERICAN THINKER says:

The principle of liberty is easy. All it requires is courage and honor.

verification word: mante
    short for manatee

16. Bruce says:

The Obama Plan for America is WORKING!
    I live in Michigan and I have been telling the wife for the past year or so that the Democrat plan for Michigan has been working (Michigan has the highest unemployment in the country). Now the Democrats in Washington are following the same game plan that Democrat Governor Grandholm instituted in Mi Michigan.
    It's working:
    Raise the minimum wage, it will lead to higher unemployment.
    Increase regulation of business, increased regulation will lead to more expense for business and higher unemployment.
    Increase business taxes, increased business taxes will lead to higher business expense and higher unemployment.
    The Democrats in Michigan have made it a priority to drive business out of business and out of Michigan. And now the Obama Administration is doing even more to drive business out of the country. Next is Climate Change then Health Insurance for all! And it is working! Unemployment has "skyrocketed"! They then blame the previous administration or the business community for the higher unemployment! The shame is that the media and uneducated believe it.

The Democrat plan for America is working as planned. Their plan is bringing the America we know and love to it's knees.
    Why do the Democrats want this? Answer:
    They want all Americans poor and dependent. Democrats want Americans dependent on Government, Big Democrat Government, for everything. Democrats don't want self-sufficiency. They want dependency.
    They have no shame!

17. I BE KICKIN says:

I'd like to stimulate Barry's ass with my boot.

18. Chuck in San Diego says:

Did anyone see the latest from Joe "Dirt" Biden?

With interesting commentary on Free Republic…