Stimulus Jobs? Ellie Mae can’t find ‘em, either.

Reps. Boehner, Westmoreland release new video asking: ‘Where are the stimulus jobs?’

Absolutely brilliant.

I like it. Some people are going to dismiss it as having too much fun with the current economic situation. I disagree. I look at it as a way to reduce the GOP’s message of fiscal sanity down to a level where even the most casual viewer can understand. All we need is an American voting public that quits taking the party line provided to them by the agenda-setting mainstream press, and starts asking questions of one another and themselves.

From the official press release at the House Minority Leader’s Web site:

Washington, Jul 2 – House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) today released a new web video targeting Washington Democrats’ trillion-dollar “stimulus” bill and asking “where are the jobs?” The tongue-in-cheek web video, inspired by a classic 1984 TV commercial by now-Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), features a job-sniffing GOP bloodhound named Ellie Mae and a down-home voiceover by Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA).

“This is a lighthearted web video, but the underlying point is no laughing matter,” Boehner said. “At a time when Americans are looking to Washington for leadership, the trillion-dollar ‘stimulus’ isn’t working. Americans were promised the ‘stimulus’ would keep the unemployment rate from going above eight percent. It’s now at 9.x percent, and rising. Where are the jobs?”

In the video, job-sniffing bloodhounds follow the “stimulus” money trail across the nation in search of the millions of jobs the Obama Administration promised to “save or create” if the trillion-dollar spending bill were enacted. The trail takes them to AIG Headquarters in New York City, where “stimulus” funds were used to pay big bonuses to top executives; to Wisconsin, where “stimulus” funds are paying for repairs to a bridge that reportedly carries about 260 cars per day, many to a place called Rusty’s Backwater Saloon, according to a June 16 report in the Wall Street Journal; and to North Carolina, where “stimulus” funds were reportedly used by one town to hire a new worker whose job is to apply for more “stimulus” funds from Washington.

“A real ‘stimulus’ would help small businesses across America get back on their feet and create jobs,” Boehner said. “Washington hasn’t tried that yet. Instead we’ve made government bigger, wasted taxpayers’ money, and piled new debt on our children and grandchildren. Republicans have put forth a better solution — a plan that recognizes small business, not government, is the engine of the American economy. We hope Washington Democrats will work with us in the months ahead to make it a reality.”

Comments

Brilliant indeed.

love it!

3. Linda says:

This is great! I have already passed it on, but the question is: Are the right people (and enough people) going to see it?

I really applaud Boehner for speaking out not only on this but also on the c&t bill. I hope he does the same when it comes time for the horrible medical care "reorganization."

4. cher-pa says:

5. Samuel Fain says:

I don't know, Jeff.
    I keep thinking about two things:
    1) Where has he been with all this greatness when he was in power?
    2) How did he vote for Bush's disgrace of a bailout? Even the first time around, when the bill failed?

It's easy to be absolutely brilliant when a) he's in the minority that can't stop anything and b) it's not his president in the WH.

taxes are paid every day…check your utility bill, your phone bill, and what about sales tax

hell, aren't they even taxing taxes? i know kentucky did when i lived there…had to pay taxes on my federal taxes

in the word of mays gilliam: that ain't right!

why couldn't obama be more like THAT black president!!!

I like it!
    I love it!
    I want some more
    of it!

(Don't-cha just love my representative's drawl?)
    ——————————
    cher-pa said, "I like the video,but lets have a full fledged investigation to where taxpayer money went.I for one will pay no more taxes until this administration shows me where the stimulus money went,and how many jobs were created compared to jobs lost."

The Inspectors General would love to follow the money. Amtrak's IG just got derailed, too. Get too close to making the regime look bad, and you're history!

8. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Sam, I agree, as you know. In fact, I'm trying to get an interview with him, and I plan to ask him about all those lost seats.

Still, sometimes it takes a near-death experience to appreciate life. I'm hoping that's what I'm seeing from many of these Republicans.

Jeff, I think that Boehner has had his "near-death experience" and is trying to pump some life back into his Party.

Westmoreland is conservative and is appreciated by 3rd District GA'ns.

SAMUEL FAIN! I think you contributed before I found AR, but I've read your hair-raising articles. Was wondering about you just this morning.

10. Lilly says:

Thanks Jeff, I love it!! I shared it on my facebook! My lib friends and family are going to hate me before the next election, lol!

11. 300,000,000 prison cells says:

TAX REVOLT, bastard government, can't lock us all up.

12. OBAMA POOPER SCOOPER says:

That dog will never sniff the jobs with all of Obamas bullcrap 'lie'ing all about.

13. John Feeny says:

I think everyone will find this article very interesting. This is something that must be stopped.

14. I.G. says:

Immediately Gone

A lovely clip. Too bad the people of USA are split between those who know what's going on and cash in on it, and those who know what's going on and are powerless to stop it.