DON’T FORGET THE BILL!!

Okay, so we all miss the self-proclaimed “King of Pop.” At about five years old, I saw him at the since-razed JFK Stadium here in Philadelphia. The only things I remember now were the pyrotechnics and sitting on my father’s shoulders, struggling to see. Jackson got strange, that’s for sure, but he was indeed a cultural icon. (If not a pedophile.)

With no intention of seeming cold, I want to remind everyone that coverage of his death at 50 years old has obfuscated all news on the Waxman-Markey Cap-and-Trade bill, due to be voted on tomorrow in the House of Representatives. Were it not for the utterly destructive nature of this bill, I would not be so tasteless to dismiss his death as obscuring necessary outreach — in this case, however, it is absolutely vital that each and every one of you get word out about this vote.

Call your congressman or congresswoman. Don’t rely on your neighbor to do so. Do it, and do it now. Then, call your friends and family and tell them to do the same.

Click HERE for more information.

Comments

1. Linda says:

I've called – as has everyone else I know.

Sorry, but Michael Jackson's death is really no biggie in light of everything else that's going on. Always sad to see someone go so young – but Farrah wasn't old either – and neither was a friend of ours who died last week at a young age. You're right. . . . his title was "self-proclaimed."

Long live the United States and hopefully WITHOUT cap and trade.

2. John Feeny says:

I've already put my calls in and explained, in as nice a manner as possible, what I thought of the whole situation. When asked if I'd like to leave my name and address, I responded by asking each respective secretary if they might actually think I was crazy. I don't need any government surveillance outside my house.

3. Lilly says:

I've been calling, emailing and faxing! But I also have Durbin as a rep….

4. sharon says:

LOL Jeff!!! I just said the same thing to my husband.. I said they are going to pass that damn thing while the world is paying attention to Michael Jackson…. I have already started to call and e-mail friends and family to remind them.

From RedState:

Add these Republicans to the Cap & Trade Phone Calls
    Posted by Erick Erickson

Tell them to vote no on H.R. 2454.

Vern Buchanan (FL-13): 202-225-5015
    Joseph Cao (LA-02): 202-225-6636
    Vern Ehlers (MI-03): 202-225-3831
    Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ-11): 202-225-5034
    Jim Gerlach (PA-06): 202-225-4315
    Tim Johnson (IL-15): 202-225-2371
    Mark Kirk (IL-10): 202-225-4835
    Chris Smith (NJ-04): 202-225-3765

I found it strange that neither Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity were on tonight when we needed them to be banging the drum against this cap and trade bill. I know they were covering Michael Jackson but I would have thought it would be URGENT for them to be enlightening people about this debacle TONIGHT since they are voting on it tomorrow.

7. Claudia says:

Boy, is this Judge opening up his cosseted office, or what…. I really don't believe he knows what will hit him on this. By all means, pay attention to the Bills up in front of the House tomorrow and do your best to stop them, but this is important also, and we have a chance that is totally unprecedented here to let this Judge know that we want something done on this….

Ok, this came up on FSM this afternoon and silly me, I figured that I should post it here so that people who are intersted in this issue can WRITE the Judge in this case and give him a lot more food for thought…. you can send your letter in by fax or mail, not email, but they give the fax phone number so you can fax it and it has to be in by Monday, 6-29-09. If you go to the FSM website, the Background Information topic list is highlighted/linked and you can click on the links there for ideas and information on that subject. But I am so positive that all of you here will be able to put your thoughts down without much help from other places….. Here is the whole notice:

FSM Website: http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.3582/pub_detail.asp

June 25, 2009

Exclusive: Judge Accepting Letters in Lawsuit Re. Birth Certificate Question
    The Editors

Judge Joel Schneider is accepting letters in the Kerchner vs. Obama birth certificate case and will include them in the file if received by Monday, June 29th.

If you’re concerned about the Constitutional issues surrounding the birth certificate controversy, this is your chance to let your opinions be known. Security for families and for all Americans
    rests on the principles of law, and subversion of the Constitution is not in anyone’s best interests.

Send your letters to:

Hon. U.S. Magistrate Judge Joel Schneider
    U.S. District Court
    401 Market Street
    Camden, NJ 08102-1568

FAX 856-757-5370

Background information:

Fined and Sanctioned for Seeking Truth about Obama’s Eligibility?

Obama Attorney Threatens Distinguished Veteran on Obama Birth Certificate Issue: Why?

A Letter to Rupert Murdoch on the Obama Birth Certificate Question

A Letter to Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on the Obama Birth Certificate Question – Round Two

The Birth Certificate Question: An Open Letter to Shephard Smith at FOX News

Brought to you by the editors and research staff of FamilySecurityMatters.org.

Exclusive: Judge Accepting Letters in Lawsuit Re. Birth Certificate Question
    The Editors
    Calaudia;
    The question is not, where is his birth certificate. This may be a big scam, he very well may have been born in Hawaii. Once he produces his real birth certificate the question is over. The question that needs to be answered is; How can a person with only one parent that is a U.S. citizen be a natural citizen? Obama has acknowledge on his web site that his father was not a citizen. This is very important, if we get off track by smoke screens we well lose. HE IS NOT A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN and no way can he prove it. But he probably was born in Hawaii and may have a birth certificate and is only blowing smoke until courts say he must show it. Then he pops it out and question goes away. Please, Please make him answere the right question

9. John Feeny says:

I just copied and pasted Claudia's comment to my blog…the more connections we make, the more we can make our voice heard. Success to us all!

10. John Feeny says:

This is the letter that I've written and that I'm about to fax. In order to save time, if anyone wants to use it, make adjustments to reflect your own voice…whatever…feel free.

The Honorable U.S. Magistrate Judge Joel Schneider
    U.S. District Court
    401 Market Street
    Camden, NJ 08102-1568

John J. Feeny
    63 North Olney Street
    Johnston, RI 02919
    (401) 831-3078 (H)
    (401) 474-8338 (C)
    June 26, 2009

Your Honor:
    As an everyday American citizen, I feel it necessary to speak up if not only for myself, then for the millions of American citizens that have been forcibly and blatantly politically disenfranchised as a result of the inner workings of the 2008 Presidential election. As I am certainly aware that your time is important, I will not go into all of the details of this issue, with which you are no doubt familiar. Let me come to the point.
    Our Constitution clearly states that in order to be considered for and elected to the office of President, the individual in question must be a natural-born American citizen. As you know, there seems to be, at the very least, legitimate questions regarding Barack Obama’s status as a United States citizen. The concerned citizens of this country have repeatedly asked for one thing, and one thing only: that Barack Obama put this issue to rest by presenting the long form of his birth certificate and validating his status as a natural-born U.S. Citizen. I would imagine that any citizen could do this in a reasonably short period of time, ranging from anywhere between ten minutes and 24 hours.
    While I understand that everything I’ve heard and read to this point is, in the largest sense, hearsay, I will also say that if there is any truth to the idea that Barack Obama is spending millions in legal fees in order to prevent public disclosure of his birth record, then I have every right to be outraged, as my voice would have been politically silenced, something which is an attack on the very soul of our nation. Should you deem it become necessary for Barack Obama to present the long form of his birth certificate in order to continue serving in his current capacity, and he fails to do so, I and millions of other Americans insist that he be required to vacate his post.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Respectfully Yours,

John J. Feeny

11. TRUMP SAYS YOURE OUTTA HERE says:

Drop off in person at their satellite offices, or fax them a pink slip, I did! get one at yourefired.org

these bastards, pardon my French, have to go

5:35 Anon:

The Kerchner lawsuit is a means of discovery of more than just the birth certificate.

If you read the documents filed on this lawsuit, Obama's father's nationality is included. Here's the link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/11317148/.

Have faith and pray often.

i was disappointed the fax line wasn't busy when i sent my letter to Hon. Schneider

14. MANURE says:

HEE HAW, I have an ass for a prssident. What a load of donkey crap this guy is spewing. Tennessee, SECEDE!

15. HEY WHOOPI GOLDBERG! says:

Why aren't you calling THIS guy a lying sack of dog poop like you did Glenn.

16. Claudia says:

John,
    THANK YOU for posting your letter, and for bringing up the fact that there are many issues to be worked through by any Judge who wants to actually put in some effort in sorting out all that Obama has confused everyone with.

Anon, 5:35 AM 6-26….
    I am fully aware that the real, ONLY and true issue is Obama's DUAL CITIZENSHIP and how he states for all to see on his website that HE is ruled by the British Nationality Act of 1948. I am one of the ORIGINALS who has been trying to get everyone to pay attention to specifically that ISSUE, but I am open to having anyone write to this Judge about anything they want to bring up about his eligibility to Office, no matter how small it may be, it all points to the fact that there are many of us who don't think he is ELIGIBLE TO HOLD THE OFFICE. If you will notice, the first issue under the title Background Information is:

[Background information:

The Obama Birth Certificate Controversy – Not a Political Issue, but a Legal One]

This is specifically the NBC ISSUE and it is first on the listed subjects that people might want to look up, ,and it is the one that Leo is hammering home and the same one that I have been hammering on every website that I got to.
    So, PLEASE, Anon, Chill, I am not the one you should be calling out for dereliction of duty here….. I just want the letters and faces to go to the man, no matter what they state, just get the letters into his in-box, let's flood his office with letters and faxes, like about 40 million of them, maybe then we will get something done. His willingness to listen to us is unprecedented and the best opening any of us can ever hope for, let's flood his office with everything we have that shows we are a vocal group of people, not "tin foil hat" wearers, that have our Constitution in mind as well as the safety and prosperity of our Country. Write the letters and send the faxes…..