Hello? Is ANYBODY Listening?

Assigned Reading: Fired IG Calls White House Explanation ‘Baseless,’ Says He’s Being Targeted
(FROM: Fox News)

This is a story of monstrous proportions.

When Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and the Bush White House dismissed eight U.S. Attorneys, Congress called for hearings and the administration was lambasted by the press for firing the attorneys for purely political reasons, despite the position being at-will, and despite former President Bill Clinton having fired all 93 U.S. Attorneys years before.

Here, we have a position specifically designed to be apolitical, carefully crafted–in part by then-Sen. Barack Obama himself–to be immune from political winds so as to facilitate fairness and accountability, and yet Gerald Walpin was fired for purely political reasons, because he was giving a corrupt Obama supporter a difficult time, because he was doing his job — and we’ve heard virtually nothing from the press. (Of course, they’re all over Sen. John Ensign’s extramarital affair like flies to our president.)

Instead, they seem to be buying the party line, that Walpin had appeared “confused” and “disoriented” at a meeting, and letting the whole thing go. Now, we have a distinguished attorney and public servant being raked over the coals by this administration and a compliant, subservient press, all while the president gets a completely free pass on his participation in corruption and cronyism which would get nearly any conservative politician run straight out of town.

The story of Walpin’s firing isn’t just another example of partisan bickering on Capitol Hill. This isn’t right versus left — it’s right versus wrong. And it should be held up as a single symptom–of many–of one of the great deception’s of Barack Obama’s presidency: transparency, or the gross lack thereof.

Comments

1. LAWYER JEFF, HELP US OUT says:

Can we get a peek at the 'LAW', is it actually a civil or criminal law….. can we bug the FBI to pursue this?

2. Hugh says:

Jeff:

Obama and his thugs are definitely need confronting on this issue. It is a sure case of arrogance. I have "seen enough". I have never seen a President so act and move in un-Constututional ways. I can provide an multitude of examples, starting with Obama's lack of natural born citizenship.

The law of the land is dead and buried, folks – accept the fact or remain in blissful ignorance under your pink blindfold.

Criminal law: the head of the Department of "Justice" dismisses cases against Obama's brownskins… eh, I mean, brownshirts who have already pled guilty.

Contract law: Obama's royal edict coupled with public arm-bending tramples the rights of secured bondholders.

Voting law: ACORN is being shielded from prosecution and funneled billions from public coffers despite multiple investigations and indictments.

Constitutional law: the highest executive post in the country is occupied by a person who has not only proven his right to it but actively fought against revealing his natural identity.

Taxation law: the Congress passes a law that specifically targets narrow population sector with 90% taxation level, applicable ex post facto.

Discrimination law: "Hon." Sonya Sotomayor, who openly declares her racist preferences and prejudices, is nominated to the Supreme Court.

Immigration law: the head of the Department of Homeland Security directly interferes with law protection agencies that enforce federal law on behalf of illegal immigrants that violate said law.

Is there any other branch of American law not yet publicly tarnished or outright dismissed by this criminal administration?

4. C O R R U P T I O N says:

EVERYBODY, PLEASEEEE watch Glenn Becks TV show on Fox tonight in regards to this. His interview with Mr. Walpin and his analysis afterwards will bring you to tears and fire you up to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GOVERNMENT. This man was shamefully wronged, and our COUNTRY has been shamefully wronged. Obama and the corruption have to be brought down.

5. NO MORE says:

Remember these initials folks, S M B, I have had enough.

6. goddessdivine says:

I couldn't believe this story either. What a blatant abuse of power and no one is asking questions! (Where's ABC on that one?!) I'm more angry that "The Messiah" gets away with this crap.

7. Bodenzee says:

I havent found this in the USC, but here is what was enacted ny the Senate.

Rix:

You forgot "Bankruptcy Law", which Chairman Obama and his czars have abused to carry out strong arm fascist tactics!

Lisa in TX

Well, I'd read the piece, the comments, then my email, then came back to watch the video.

I am stunned by the seriousness of this. Then I remembered where I'd read a list of the laws that Obama has broken and thought, "Oh, WHERE did I read that?!" I wanted to copy and post here for y'll.

Well, thank you, Rix! (And Lisa's addition of bankruptcy law.)

You know, there comes a point where the straw breaks the camel's back, a limit to abuse.

This is absolutely the most anti-American bunch of thugs I have ever seen to be called "The Honorable Gentleman from (State)" and keep a straight face.

This is disgraceful! I totally agree with "C O R R U P T I O N," too.

P.S. Thank you, Rix and Lisa.

10. A STARTING POINT IN USC says:

Inspector General Act of 1978
    (5 U.S.C. App. 3)

§ 8G. Requirements for Federal entities and designated Federal entities

(a) * * *

(1) the term “Federal entity” means any Government corporation (within the meaning of section 103(1) of title 5, United States Code), any Government controlled corporation (within the meaning of section 103(2) of such title), or any other entity in the Executive branch of the Government, or any independent regulatory agency, but does not include–

(A) an establishment (as defined under section 11(2) of this Act) or part of an establishment;

(B) a designated Federal entity (as defined under paragraph (2) of this subsection) or part of a designated Federal entity;

(C) the Executive Office of the President;

(D) the Central Intelligence Agency;

(E) the Government Accountability Office; or

(F) any entity in the judicial or legislative branches of the Government, including the Administrative Office of the United States Courts and the Architect of the Capitol and any activities under the direction of the Architect of the Capitol;

(2) the term “designated Federal entity” means . . . the National Archives and Records Administration . . . .

* * *

(b) No later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this section [Oct. 18, 1988], there shall be established and maintained in each designated Federal entity an Office of Inspector General. The head of the designated Federal entity shall transfer to such office the offices, units, or other components, and the functions, powers, or duties thereof, that such head determines are properly related to the functions of the Office of Inspector General and would, if so transferred, further the purposes of this section. There shall not be transferred to such office any program operating responsibilities.

(c) Except as provided under subsection (f) of this section, the Inspector General shall be appointed by the head of the designated Federal entity in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations governing appointments within the designated Federal entity.

(d) Each Inspector General shall report to and be under the general supervision of the head of the designated Federal entity, but shall not report to, or be subject to supervision by, any other officer or employee of such designated Federal entity. The head of the designated Federal entity shall not prevent or prohibit the Inspector General from initiating, carrying out, or completing any audit or investigation, or from issuing any subpoena during the course of any audit or investigation.

(e) If an Inspector General is removed from office or is transferred to another position or location within a designated Federal entity, the head of the designated Federal entity shall promptly communicate in writing the reasons for any such removal or transfer to both Houses of the Congress.

* * *

11. $800,000 FOR CARWASHES says:

Come on, when are we gonna stop this?

Thank you so much for reporting on this story. I was going to email and ask you about it.

This makes me sooo mad. How will we ever stop fraud and the flood of our money being stolen with an administration like this! I am so proud of Mr. Walpin. I am so infuriated about these accusations about Mr. Walpin not being coherent or confused?!! I don’t think so!!! He seems like one smart, brave man that totally has my respect.

13. tm says:

It was extremely hard to watch today. The dementia test …to that decent honest man made me so angry. Where is the AARP?
    This is Lenin's tactics. This is imeachable offenses. It is travelgate on steroids and has mrs. zero's fingerprints all over it. (She was on the board) Remember it was a coverup that brought nixon down. I hope this is the "one" thing that brings the "won" down.
    Also, the reporter that's doing all the investigative work on this in the "Washington examiner" byron york. I really hope he keeps on digging and digging and digging
    Here was the latest post after 7 tonight:
    White House refuses to answer Senate questions on AmeriCorps IG firing
    By:Chief Political Correspondent
    06/17/09 6:10 PM EDT Byron York

14. Larry Walker Jr says:

Yes. We are listening. Keep it up Jeff.

I'm writing to Lynn A. Westmoreland (R), Representative, 3rd GA District, about this and see what he can do to get this train back on track.

People are beginning to add up what's been done to our Constitution, what's being done to our economy, what's showing up in emails and conservative blogs such as America's Right; and people are getting really riled at a very fast pace.

Our congressional representatives need to READ these lists, such as the one Rix (and Lisa) spelled out. They need to understand the damage they have already done in five months. That in itself should speak volumes for us.

And, we need to see to it that George Walpin is reinstated in his position and left alone.

I read somewhere that other IGs have complained to MoC that they have been threatened for doing their jobs.

The Czars really bother me. They are nothing in the world but appointed ones to run things, as a means to bypass Congress. They answer only to the President, not to Congress or to the People.

I asked Jeff months ago about the constitutionality of Executive Orders. It seems that they, too, are a means of proclaiming national law rather than allowing Congress to do so through due process.

That said, I'm headed for some sleep! This business of worrying until 5:30 in the morning is the pits, in my book. So is the Dictator at the Resolute Desk.

Jeff, Ron, John, Ian, Rick, Samuel and Devon, thank you for all you do and for all you write. Thank you, too, Readers who comment.

Arm yourselves America, this is only the beginning of what the media is going to let this clown get away with.

17. INDEPENDENCE DAY says:

This should be the 'Archduke Ferdinand' to begin our taking back this country. Obama, you are an inexperienced, inarticulate, arrogant, self centered, spineless, worthless human being. May your Allah have mercy on your soul. We are taking back these United States.

Gail:

Thanks for all the credit…I just wanted to one-up Rix b/c he is so smart! Ha-ha!

I am feeling very angry about this even moreso today…especially after watching Beck and looking at the picture of this sweet man's face.

There is just some very evil force going on that is keeping the American people enslaved…I feel like I am in one of those dreams where you are being chased or threatened by some horrific evil being and you can't scream, run, or help yourself!

Where is the redress here? How do we confront violations to the Constitution (even though they have been going on for a long time)?

I'm tired of feeling helpless!

Don't lose TOO much sleep! :)

word verif: "crampia"…what I get in my stomach everytime I look a BO's face!

Lisa in TX

These kinds of cheap shots really ought to be below you.

How many U.S. Attorneys did George W. Bush fire when he took office? And George H.W. Bush? And Ronald Reagan? Etc.

Anonymous at 10:43 p.m. (June 20)–

That wasn't a cheap shot. It was a comparison, justifiable, accurate.

Clinton was within his rights to fire his U.S. attorneys; Obama does not have the right to summarily fire the IGs without giving Congress 30 days notice and a sound reason.

You wouldn't know a cheap shot if it landed at your feet and you had to step over it!