‘He Kills the Fly Like He Kills the Economy’

Gee whiz, people . . . it’s not like he was using chopsticks or something.
Note, by the way, the lack of diplomacy.

At the Drudge Report early this morning was a link to a CNBC interview during which the president finally got the better of a large housefly that was apparently attracted to the scent of failure. (I say this because, back on the campaign trail, Obama was plagued by flies as well. Not to mention the accounts that his campaign plane smelled terrible.)

While looking for a YouTube clip, I stumbled upon a version from BarelyPolitical.com which had been overdubbed like a bad Kung Fu movie — well, if there were such a thing as a bad Kung Fu movie. I thought it better than the CNBC original. The title of this post comes from one of the comments beneath the YouTube clip.

“He kills the fly like he kills the economy.” Brilliant.

Comments

Flies are attracted to BS!!

2. AHHHH GRASSHOPPER says:

Now THAT'S F U N N Y !!!!!

3. DR EVIL says:

Darn, my bubonic infected fly I placed into that film crews lunch pail failed in his mission.

4. AnnaEsse says:

I found that quite alarming really. First of all, I think that any dignified person would have totally ignored a harmless fly buzzing around them while being interviewed. Then, to swat the fly with his bare hand? Yuk! Think of where that fly has been!
    Then, Obama was like a lizard, totally focused on that fly and more intent on swatting it than on the interviewer. I almost expected him to stick out his tongue and slurp up that fly!

LORD OF THE FLIES

The title is said to be a reference to the Hebrew name Beelzebub (בעל זבוב, Ba'al-zvuv, "god of the fly", "host of the fly" or literally "Lord of Flies"), a name sometimes used as a synonym for Satan.[3] The title of the book, in turn, has itself become a metaphor for a power struggle in a chaotic situation.

6. COMFORT CZAR NEEDED says:

Why isn't there one of those Romans with a big feather fan always beside him keeping these pests away?

Well, that's one thing he's done well. Now to move on to the economy. Oops! didn't mean to kill that! –or not?

Maybe the Great One will appoint a "Fly Czar"…I could handle that although I would rather be a 'fly on the wall in the White House' or a 'fly in the ointment' of his diabolical scheme!

Wonder what the Democrats who were taken in by Obama will say in order NOT to vote for him again? They won't want to admit to having made a grave mistake, so do we need to be thinking of a mantra for them, or a label?

"Liberals for freedom!"
    "Liberals for prosperity!"
    "No We Don't!"

10. PETI says:

There goes the People for the Ethical Treatment of Insects vote. Get to work on that ACORN.

11. GRANDMA, WHERES THE SWATTER? says:

That fly was zeroed in on all that obamanure. Probably a Kenyan fly out of grandmas luggage Jan. 20

Hey folks – am I, an atheist, the only one who is versed in the holy writings?! Just for your information: the Hebrew name of Satan is Baalzebub, i.e. "Lord of the Flies".

He's even arrogant swatting a fly. If looks could kills…never stray from a distraction and crisis of the fly.

RIX,

You might want to check out a comment a few bars up – before yours!

> RIX,
    > You might want to check out a comment a few bars up – before
    > yours!

I know, shame on me. Leave a window for a half hour lunch break and someone beats you to a good idea. In any case, we'll likely both agree that Obama either is an Antichrist or comes second worst. :)

Rix, where did you receive your education? You're wonderful!

he googles

even the flies know a real stinker when they come across one.

by the way there were rumors of a "stink plane,"? some time back?

(sorry people .. maybe i went too far on this one but couldnt help myself … this time).

hmmmm… i wonder why the flies were only bugging him instead of the interviewer or anyone else in the audience, or the camermen for that matter?

flies have a way of getting right to the stink of things.