It’s happening.

Assigned Reading: Love or Lust, Obama and the Fawning Press Need to Get a Room
(FROM: SFGate.com)

It’s beginning. Slowly but surely, the American people are beginning to wake up. This phenomenal piece by Phil Bronstein shows a bit of this. Other stories, pieces and packages critical of the Obama administrations actions and ideas, by CNN and the Associated Press show the beginnings of disenfranchisement among the press corps. Barack Obama has done too much too quickly, and none of his plans seem to be working.

The key may very well be the press. While I have no doubt they’ll be solidly in his corner as election season approaches, there’s one thing they don’t seem to like, and that’s being scooped. And they are. They’re being locked out of White House events. They’re being told what to ask. Sit down to watch or listen to a Robert Gibbs press conference and you’ll see — despite Gibbs affable nature, the rumblings of hostility are beginning.

Of course, the press will never fully cave, but it’s a power struggle. The press would like to set the agenda for everyone, and the White House setting the agenda for the press is a shot to the average newsman’s ego. Discontent will follow, and any break from the ranks will help the American people wake up. Still, it’s up to people like you and like me to lay the foundation for shaken confidence; any help at all from the press will only strengthen any resolve among Americans to question what this administration is doing.

2010, my friends, is shaping up to be a good year, so long as the GOP fights off those who push moderation. If so, 2012 could be even better.

Comments

Jeff, I believe you are right and I only hope that we ARE on our way to reclaiming this great country.

2. cher-pa says:

Drudge report article states that News viewership at NBC,ABC and CBS is the lowest since Nielsen has been keeping records.
    The media and this corrupt government will pay for their lies and bias.Keep up the good work patriots and hit em where it hurts.

*** It pays to talk to people:

I mentioned something in the news, and a friend replied, "Well, I've seen nothing in the news about that." I caught her up on what was happening. (This happens with a lot of people.)

*** And, as I stated in an earlier comment, O-man is saying things that he doesn't realize (he's really not that smart!), and people are picking up on it:

*** In his Cairo speech (remember, he likes to talk about himself), he mentioned having spent his boyhood years in Indonesia:

There have been growing numbers of comments in the Atlanta paper by people who are waking up or coming off the KoolAid. The comments are not favorable to the O-man.

*** Also, months ago, someone advocated that we boycott the MSM for this very reason:

When the MSM's ratings go down and the conservative news stations (Fox News) jump sky high, the sponsors will pull their advertising to where the viewing audience is greater. During the Tea Parties on April 15, Fox News went way over the top in ratings.

It used to be that I never turned off my TV. Now, I rarely turn it on. Even the local news comes to my computer.

blinkotv.com and tikilive.com are two sites where I can get Fox News, Fox Business, and the Discovery Channel on my computer. I found a site where I can get live streams from all over the world, too.

So, as I see it, as long as we talk to our friends and neighbors about what's happening, write our thoughts to our newspapers (still working on that), and pick where we get our news, the MSM can have their orgy with the regime. WHO'S WATCHING?!

Jeff, great article as usual. It makes me think of a quote form Allen Ginsberg:

"Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture."

As much as we hate to admit it, many Americans just don't dig further than the msm headlines to make their choices at voting time. They also fail to understand the real meaning of the issues they are staring in the face because they look no further than their morning headlines. This is why the msm has such a big influence and can manipulate the minds of many who think they are independent thinkers. It's a very big problem and one that the conservatives in this country need to address if they have any hope of rescueing this country from the destruction of these liberal thugs from Chicago. I sure hope you are right and some of the media get back to telling the whole story.

5. SAVE THE WAILS says:

It's shaping up to be a bullet-free revolution…… patience, grasshopper.

-(RIP David Carradine)

6. GOOD RIDDANCE says:

See ya later Katie Couric……. you really did suck as an anchor.

It's too bad the press doesn't report the news truthfully period. They are mad because they are being allowed to make the news they want to make, when any honest person would simply seek after the truth. There are only a few honest journalists left. I hope they are the last ones standing.

You are kidding, right? The mainstream American journalism elevates liberalism to the level of congenital insanity. Most of those people are way beyond redemption. Do not forget that Obama administration can easily go as far as to extend financial support to key media outlets or their financiers. Wasn't it what happened to GE/MSNBC conglomerate?

Darn! I hate to keep raining on the parade of optimism for the next election, but I think that you're underestimating the determination of the SPPIC (I made that up. It stands for "Socialist/Progressive Party In Charge").

It's taken decades of underground work (particularly in the educational system and with a little help from ACORN) to get to the present state of affairs by these folks and they're not going to let go of their power "to change" without a fierce fight.

You're all thinking political campaigns and the voting booth. I'm thinking, as the title of a recent best-seller says, the "unthinkable". I believe that those presently in power will use means heretofore unheard of in U.S. politics in order to maintain their position of virutally unlimited power.

How many czars do we have now, and how many heavy-handed intrusions into the free-market system can you count, just in the first five months of the Obama administration? You don't honestly believe that they can accomplish all that they have planned over the past five-to-ten decades in just two years, do you? New world orders are not built overnight, you know, and a political defeat at the polls in '10 would set that effort back decades more.

This is one time that I honestly hope and pray that I'm wrong, so keep thinking those positive thoughts and I'll keep warning you to be prepared for something yet unseen in the history of the U.S. goverment.

Old Bob

10. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

You're right, Rix, but the only thing they care more about is becoming irrelevant. Being shut out.

11. Dee says:

Old Bob, I also feel that if things do not look good for BO to be re-elected in 2012, then whatever needs to be done to keep him in office, will be done by his back room supporters. I also hope I am wrong. I am, almost always, the eternal optimist.
    I think this administration is very scary and dangerous. They want everything done asap with no debate or consideration of alternatives. This has been planned for a very long time.
    The does appear to be a slow building groundswell of people who are waking up to what is happening. Our neighbor, a very quiet gentleman who has never discussed politics with us for the 32 yrs that we have lived here, came over to talk about his dislike over the direction that BO is taking the country. There is another self-employed contractor nearby who has worked hard to build his business up, who recently posted his flag of the United States upside down, a signal for distress.
    2010 elections will be interesting to say the least.

12. OLD NEWS says:

News flash, they're already irrelevant.

13. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Old News — I'm with you, but here, it's how the PRESS feels. If they feel as though their power to shape discourse is being threatened by this administration, then all bets are off.

Never piss off someone who buys ink by the gallon … and, right now, the adminstration could be doing just that.

14. RED DAWN says:

We must all pledge to take at least one of 'them' with us when we are 'taken out' in Old Bobs scenario. Lock & Load.

I pray that you are right, Jeffrey Schreiber.

Well, I wish I could go along with this positive outlook; however, as Rush pointed out on Hannity the other night, radio and newsprint media is in a lot of financial difficulty with advertising going way down. As we know, Pelosi and Kerry have already suggested a bailout for the troubled newspapers, soooooo…what's to say the Obama admin. won't bail them out, take them over, create Czars, fire CEO'S etc? Then, we'll have a state-run media in the truest sense. As usual, Rush is right with the idea that this could happen. As he asked in the interview, "Did you think one man would ever control the auto industry? Did you think one man would control the banks?" So, why not just take over the media outlets in the name of the "better good?"

Wood stove insert- $3000 (for when gas is taxed to $6 a gallon)
    Guns and ammo- $5000 (for when the dollar is officially worthless)
    Gold in hand- $100,000 (to provide for my family)
    Having any faith in the mainstream media- RIDICULOUS!!!!!!