It’s not like he kissed Obama’s feet, people…

Oh, come on. Williams may want to, but he’s not bowing. I nod at people like this, too, when shaking their hands. It’s not a subservient thing, just a deferential one. I’ve done it during job interviews, I’ve done it at weddings. Come on.

After all, it’s not the same as what President Barack Obama did before the Saudi king. In that case, Obama went so low as to suggest that he could have been removing a leaf which had settled on his shoe. The image of NBC’s Brian Williams just being a decent guy (regardless of his inner love), circulating now thanks to prominence on the Drudge Report, is a prime example of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Of course, this is merely my opinion. And remember that I have no doubt that Williams would do so if he could, but this looks to me more like a “thank you for an exclusive which will make me millions of dollars come my next contract negotiation” than a “goodnight, Your Highness.” If you want to see a bow, look to what Obama did to the Saudi king. Personally, I’d like to see an example of how Williams parted ways with Obama’s predecessor after a full-day interview before I completely pass judgment.

So, if we’re going to comment about how the mainstream press consistently shines the White House scrotum, that’s fine. But there’s enough real evidence there that we shouldn’t be forced to look for something where there may very well be nothing. I didn’t see Williams’ piece–I wanted to, but missed it–but I can be very certain that it wasn’t too hard-hitting. Let’s talk about how the mainstream press kow-tows to the president and his policy with its everyday conduct, rather than harp upon what may or may not have been overly deferential.

Comments

Had Brian Williams "bowed" at the beginning, I would have raised an eyebrow.

The "bow" at the end told me he was thinking, "We're done here," as in, "I bid you adieu."

It's no big deal for me.

The question is "How Low Will You Go?" Come on, Jeff, we have to find some humor in something and this just happened to strike me as
    hilarious….don't we have the right to make a mountain out of a mole hill once in awhile? I just can't imagine Brian Williams doing that with Bush or Cheney. I think it was a subconscious expression of his realization that he was in the presence of greatness…Obama was probably amused and thought "Soon they will be prostrate on the floor as my charisma works its magic on the masses." As I have said before, someone very artistic and creative could develop a hilarious cartoon strip of these dimwits…wish I had the talent because I have lots of visions in my head and I think laughter sometimes gets the point over better. I liked it when you asked us for Captions…maybe we could make that a regular feature so that all of us could express our frustrations thru comedy! Anyway, I hope Ol Brian didn't get a hernia…sometimes when you lean over, bad things happen.

3. GiveMeSanity says:

"how the mainstream press consistently shines the White House scrotum"

I fell out of my chair laughing, Jeff. It also somehow reminded me of a Mythbusters episode that confirmed you can actually shine poo. I guess the WH makes a perfect example of that, too.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh today. You're awesome.

4. tm says:

Hugo Chavez has his own network. Would you expect nothing less from the zero netowrk?

5. S H A L L O W says:

All hail the community organizer.

6. MEDIA ELITES SUCK says:

I love a good investigation.
    Barbara Walters & Whoopi Goldberg vs. Glenn Beck.
    I found this extremely interesting for some strange reason…. great entertainment.