Second Amendment: 1, Criminality: 0

“Let’s get it on!”: The final words of a moron

From a San Antonio, Texas television station Web site:

The robbery suspect entered the Babcock Square Pharmacy around 9 a.m. at 5824 Babcock Rd. Inside were the owner/pharmacist, his wife, and an employee. The employee saw the man had a gun and told the pharmacist, who then pulled out his own handgun.

Seeing this, the robber reportedly responded by saying “Let’s get it on.” That’s when the owner shot him. The man died inside the business.

Ah, an aspect of the gun debate that liberals will never, ever understand. Why? Because it is rooted in self-reliance. Despite always looking to undermine the heroic efforts of our nation’s law enforcement officers by constantly giving the benefit of the doubt to the criminal rather than the officer upholding the law, our left-leaning friends more often than not put impossible faith that a badge will always be around when they need it most.

Somewhere, somehow, there’s a hippie enjoying a chai tea latte with another tweed- and tortoise-shell glasses-wearing comrade incensed at this San Antonio, Texas news report, clamoring for someone to press charges against the pharmacy owner who shot an armed robber dead alongside the Vicks Vap-o-Rub.

Somebody needs to remind them that, when seconds count, the police are always minutes away.

I applaud what that pharmacy owner did. Besides being a boost in the integrity of the gene pool, the death of that arrogant criminal will perhaps send a message to other ne’er-do-wells that they truly can never assess the softness of a given target.

“Let’s get it on.” I love it. They’re the last words of a dead dumbass.

Comments

I love it, Jeff, especially the part about it being “a boost to the integrity of the gene pool”.

Isn’t it amazing how consistent the liberals are in their determination to rid society of those who choose, and are capable of, taking care of themselves rather than irresponsibly depending on a “nanny state” to do it for them.

I know that I harp on the “fallen human nature” a lot, but it’s all of the same battle. God holds each individual responsible for their own actions, not the church or the state or society in general. At the risk of offending others of sincere faith different from my own, that is where the term “Protestant work ethic” originated; from Luther’s time forward, Protestants were taught that they, as individuals, were responsible only and fully to God for all of their actions, including the quality of their work product. No excuses, no intermediary to mitigate their “sins”, no unions to tell them to slow down because they were making the other less productive and concientious workers look bad.

So, to bring this back to your posting this morning, taking responsibility for one’s self is anathma to the social progressives whose dream is a world of “no fault” mediocrity, totally dependent upon the governing elite. Hence the attack on the Second Amendment.

It all ties together.

Thanks again, Jeff, for the great contribution that you make to injecting a little sanity into today’s deplorible mess.

Old Bob

2. Tilli says:

Hey Y’all, watch this!

You are spot on Jeff, good post.

3. Laurie says:

Jeff….’”Let’s get it on.” I love it. They’re the last words of a dead dumbass.’

I could not agree more!!! I congratulate the pharmacy owner also, and more law abiding citizens should do the same!!!

4. cher-pa says:

Those of you that live in Pennsylvania need to call or e-mail state Senator Alloway.Tell him you support Senate bill 842 the Castle Doctrine.We need to let local,state and federal governments know we choose and have the right to protect ourselves.

5. sharon says:

I love stories like that!!!!!…. Now, if we could just send Ted Nugent into Gitmo… problem solved…

6. suek says:

I just heard a bit about this on Fox news. It seems – from what I heard – that the robber didn’t die from the first shot. It seems – from what I heard – that the pharmacist left the building, then returned and shot the robber 5 times more, killing him.

That’s what I heard. I hope it isn’t true. It’ll turn things back on self-defense if it is.

As Jeff described it, I’m with the pharmacist 100%. If it’s as Fox described it – not so much.

7. Linda says:

Great story. Jeff, hopefully you watched the video I sent you. For more on the gun issue, I encourage all of you to watch the 20-minute video “No Guns for Negroes” at http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ngn-download-view.htm. (If the link doesn’t work – go to Jews for the Preservation of Firearms (jpfo.org) and you can follow the links. If you’re a Second Amendment supporter (as I assume you all are), you’ll appreciate the viewpoint of the video, but there also might be some facts in there that you didn’t know. Thanks again, Jeff.

8. Lilly says:

Ah, but the pharmacy owner just got convicted of murder BUT only because he shot him 5 more times. I believe in gun rights and fight for them and applaud this guy, but he should have stopped after the 1st shot which was in the head.
    Jeff- I just rec’d some great pro gun photo’s and will forward it to you.

9. tm says:

This should be a wake up call if you think the loonie left wants you to be able to protect yourself. The loonies will always side with a crminal, maybe because they all are Criminals.

I'll take the closer to the action story given by the TV website. Otherwise it just gets watered-down & twisted by the media.

Irregardless…it's reminiscent of.."Go ahead…Make my day!"

The incident reported by Jeff happened in San Antonio. The one regarding the pharmacist shooting a would be robber 5 times while he was incapacitated happened in Oklahoma City – http://newsok.com/judge-sets-bail-of-pharmacist-in-fatal-oklahoma-city-shooting-at-100000/article/3373194

The pharmacist hero: Not just packing PILLS but PISTOLS too!

Awesome dude!

13. Lilly says:

Anonymous, May 28, 2009 2:55 PM

Okay, 2 different situations, kind of weird. I apologize for the confusion. Hurray for the TX pharmacist!!!

14. Greg says:

The current “lawfully” packing citizens in the state have drastically increased since November…I can’t imagine why…and you can’t seem to find ammunition or firearms (concealable ones anyway) but “we have reduced our 911 calls”, so you can imagine the taxpayer savings in this great state.

And, as for the liberal populace, I am beginning to realize their collective intelligence quotient is a constant, yet they are continually adding to their numbers…this answers the question I’ve had since the Presidential Election: How can a group of grown people be so stupid and naive?

15. suek says:

>>The incident reported by Jeff happened in San Antonio. The one regarding the pharmacist shooting a would be robber 5 times while he was incapacitated happened in Oklahoma City>>

Wow. That's really weird!

Thanks for clearing things up on the two situations – it would have been really confusing!

Why is anyone still surprised that liberals root for the criminals and against police, prosecution and honest citizens who want to defend themselves? First, that’s because criminals vote democrats – whether it comes with being poor, black, stupid, having no respect for the law or all above, I don’t know. And second, perhaps liberals feel that they will someday share a very small room with some of those criminals. Let’s hope they are right!

Guns in the hands of American citizens will put the lives of the brown shirts recruited into the Obama(?) Serve America Corps in jeopardy down the road.

“Let’s get it on!” is classic. Thanks, Jeff.