‘Preventive Detention Plan?’

Assigned Reading: Obama is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan
(FROM: The New York Times)

Remember the hullabaloo surrounding the conjured-up story about those FEMA camps? Well, while that turned out to be an old video re-purposed for one purpose or another, the real lesson learned from that bit of misinformation was that, when all was said and done, the idea that many believed our government could lock up dissenters said a whole lot about our government.

Now read this article.

While this could very well be another so-called “trial balloon,” such as when President Obama’s White House considered forcing wounded combat veterans to provide their own health insurance, it should nevertheless cause even the most rational of us to take a second look at the erosion of our freedom and the everyday stifling of dissent.

President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.

It seems odd to me how this president is willing to permit sworn enemies of the United States to enjoy the same constitutional rights enjoyed by the people they wish to eradicate, yet at the same time he seems to be laying the groundwork for a possible method of dealing with people deemed undesirable within our own borders — after all, there are already systems in place, and systems being designed as we speak, for terrorists captured overseas as part of the ongoing war against radical Islamic jihad.

This is different, and I don’t like it one bit.

Comments

I was born and raised in North Carolina. Graduated from Broughton High in Raleigh, attended St. Mary’s College. I’m still in touch with classmates still in Raleigh from both schools.

One of them told me that there is a FEMA detention center outside of Garner, a small town near Raleigh.

I saw a story last year about a former Congressman who told about the FEMA camps. A little research revealed a map with markers showing the location of these camps.

Regardless of how much pundits try to debunk FEMA camps, I find more evidence that they exist, and it would not surprise me if Napolitano were to make a comment about the camps in reference to housing the bad-mannered gentlemen now being held at Gitmo.

I think Obama will order the detainees to be held in military prisons (brigs) around the country, after all, there are only about 250 left there. He could put five in a military prison in each of the 50 states and shift the number for those states not having one.

Think about it–it was the military who captured them…. And, TelePrompTer will tell him what to say in order to convince his D Gang to fund (somehow) the transport of those mad-mannered gentlemen to the U.S. He’s not accustomed to being told NO! He is just dogmatic enough not to let go of that bone.

The FEMA camps are in place for the time Americans are squeezed to tight by his grip that they actually show anger when they protest at the “TEA Parties.” Then he can declare martial law.

The last two paragraphs of Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” is quite thought provoking:

“The human cry of the second revolution is one for a meaning, a purpose for life–a cause to live for and if need be to die for. Tom Paine’s words, ‘These are the times that try men’s sould,’ are more relevant to Part II of the American Revolution than the beginning. This is literally the revolution of the soul.

“The great American dream that reached out to the stars has been lost to the stripes. We have forgotten where we came from, we don’t know where we are, and we fear where we may be going. Afraid, we turn from the glorious adventure of the pursuit of happiness to a pursuit of an illusionary security in an ordered, stratified, striped society. Our way of life is symbolized to the world by the stripes of military force. At home we have made a mockery of being our brother’s keeper by being his jail keeper. When Americans can no longer see the stars, the times are tragic. We must believe that it is the darkness before the dawn of a beautiful new world; we will see it when we believe it.”

Hope and change? I don’t believe it is a positive change, and I believe that Obama’s regime is slowly–now not so slowly–but surely on the way to bringing America to its knees. Further, I believe that after he gets the Explorer Scouts trained, his Serve America people trained AND ARMED, and the guns taken away (treaty?!), that he will lower the boom on America.

He has shown that he does not care about the struggles across America of unemployment, loss of value of stockholders’ shares, higher prices and inflation, and gargantuan unemployment. Now he wants to tax sodas and tobacco, to increase the cost of automobiles while lowering quality, and to look for ways to strip Americans of any wealth they have or could have.

When our domestic budgets are strapped, do we spend more to increase the problem? Not at my house. I work on paying off what I owe so that, down the line, I can have a little more for my savings and pleasure.

SOMEBODY has to pay the national debt of the United States. I don’t think the French government is going to say, “Here, United States, have some foreign aid to reduce your national debt!” No, I think it’s up to the United States citizens to pay our national debt. We got ourselves into this mess by electing this inexperienced unknown, and (as my daddy taught me) it’s up to us to get ourselves out of it.

The American people have a voice, and it should be used in our defense against this tyranny.

Yes, I said tyranny. VP Dick Cheney raised the hopes of Americans and tossed the ball to us. Surely we can catch his message, his torch, and carry it forward to the ears of those who speak for us in Congress.

Interesting: verify– reverst (reversed?)

3. Roses, WA says:

Fenced in ‘camps’ are like guns, who uses them and why is what makes them good or evil. Anti-Bush conspiracists see these camps as personally dangerous, and now the anti-Obamaphiles feel the same way about them. But in a major catastrophe, they could be a warm safe haven for thousands of homeless people.

President Bush had the Patriot Act, a useful tool in the hands of an ethical president… but now? I don’t feel so safe with Obama swinging that ax.

Remember that Obama taught Constitutional law, and he’s contemplating legislation (read: “changes to our Constitution”) to put concrete on the horizon for future presidents.

Do you hear the flesh-crawling sounds of a U.S. Parchment being ripped?

5. Linda says:

Gail: I think under this administration we have to believe that EVERYTHING (at least everything evil) exists unless and until it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that it doesn’t.

6. whats_up says:

Linda:

With all due respect is that now going to be the thought process in America, you are guilty until proven innocent? Please tell me that this is not what conservative thought has come down to.

7. ADOLF says:

whats_up, is that you Neville Chamberlain? I thought you passed a while back!

Gail B:

I have a great quote for YOU!

In 42 B.C., Cicero said,

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not traitor, he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their garments, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city, he infects the body politic so that it an no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared.”

Such ancient is SO timely! Let that sink in…

Lisa in TX

Linda–

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

I sit at this computer and do research from the time I get up and put on the coffee until 1:00 a.m., when my anti-virus scan begins.

If Obama is a natural-born citizen, he needs to prove it; otherwise, I am right.

If Obama is a Christian, he needs to start sounding like one, instead of an Islamic Muslim; otherwise, I am right.

If Obama is trying to help this country recover from a recession, and not bring America to its knees, he needs to veto pork spending; otherwise, I am right.

If Obama is an honorable man, he should surround himself with friends who are not criminals and who pay their taxes BEFORE an investigation; otherwise, I am right.

If Obama is not repaying his campaign contributors (domestic and foreign), then he should allow his contributions to be audited; otherwise, I am right.

There is no doubt in my mind.

10. Mick says:

The House, under cover, has passed HR 985 and sent it to the Senate. This is Treason.