Politics, Political Correctness Trump National Security

Standing between the American people and the U.S. Constitution, Obama ensures that America is less safe today than yesterday

This morning, as I write this, President Barack Obama is delivering a speech on national security policy at the National Archives in Washington, D.C. He is speaking about how his own life was changed by the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and Bill of Rights; he is mentioning how he studied the Constitution as a student, taught it as a professor, and swore to protect and defend it as the 44th president of the United States.

The words are nice (though empty), but from the way the entire engagement has been set up in terms of podium and TelePrompTer location, to me it just reinforces the idea that Barack Obama stands between the American people and the United States Constitution.

My God, why cannot this man understand that Due Process rights are reserved for Americans, not terrorist animals who know nothing of the rule of law, who want little more than to sever the heads of infidels like you and me?

He argues that enhanced interrogation techniques did not advance the War on Terror, but rather undermined it. Give me a break. Tell that to the families in California who can wake up and enjoy breakfast together because waterboarding elicited plans for a 9/11-style attack from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and we were able to stop it. If waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation techniques–oh no, it’s face-slapping!–undermined the War on Terror rather than advanced it, then release all of the memos, Mr. President, that show exactly what was gleaned from those techniques. Release them all. If you’re going to make statements like this, the American people deserve evidence.

On Gitmo, he says that the problem does not exist because of his decision to close the facility, the problem exists because of the decision to open up Guantanamo in the first place. Furthermore, the issue is not that “nobody has ever escaped from federal supermax prisons,” either. The issue is that people who want nothing more than the destruction of America should never have the opportunity to enjoy the same rights as those they want to destroy. Now, we’re in a situation where these animals will be hauled into American courts or Obama-reformed military tribunals, any and all information gleaned from them in any sort of stressful environment will be thrown out as obtained under torture, and they will be released.

Barack Obama and his out-of-touch, idyllic flunkies are operating on the assumption that we can fight radical Islamic jihad as though it is a law enforcement action. That’s the same assumption that former President Bill Clinton took, and that’s the same assumption that led to more than three thousand dead Americans on a cool, clear, crisp Tuesday morning in the fall of 2001.

To borrow a phrase from our president, let me be clear — standing in front of the very document he has micturated upon with each and every day of his fledgling abomination of a presidency, speaking about how we must take a politically correct, law enforcement approach to what his predecessor rightly called the Global War on Terror, President Barack Obama made this country less safe today than it was yesterday.

Comments

1. Still a Patriot says:

Hi Jeff -
    I wish this article could be read by every American. I cannot fathom how anyone can believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I cling to God’s promise that the truth will eventually come to light. I just fear what will come to pass until that happens.
    Susan

Listening to the Big O talk is like watching a tennis match–you have to go from one side of his mouth to the other, depending upon which side he’s talking out of!

And, when he makes a statement, you can just count on him to mean something entirely different from what you heard him say.

I don’t like that man. I don’t trust that man. Well, I can trust him, too–I can trust him to do everything he can to crush America and her Republic! (Still don’t like him!)

Verify “neesterd” — Is that anything like “weaslterd?”

3. Bodenzee says:

The solution is not one that will happen soon, if at all. The problem in my eyes is that with the assistance of the teachers’ union members we have created at least two generations of people who are under-educated, dependant, and have been thoroughly indoctrinated by the left.

Teachers’ as a group are not too bright or motivated (apologies to few the dedicated exceptions) but they’ve had these students for twelve years and have done extreme damage to the students and the nation as they have imparted the left leaning opinions rather than fact. Barry is just harvesting the crop.

The vast majority of graduating high school seniors do not understand our Constitution, the history of this nation, and how government operates. They don’t even know who the players are. They know Obama but don’t ask too much about him…they can’t answer much about him, ask them who’s the vice president and wait for the blank stare. Ask who their Congressman and Senator are…another long silence ensues. But, they do know that want ‘change’, they are owed healthcare, they are owed a college education, etc.

I feel we are approaching the end of a nation unless some thing really significant happens SOON.

4. Laurie says:

Jeff….I feel your pain…it is the same pain I feel and you have said exactly what I have been saying for a long time (only you say it soooo much better). Thank you for another excellent article.

As we moderate republicans find a way to work with the democrats to actually govern (even – gasp – joining the administration. see, e.g., Governor Huntsman), and reach out to grow our party, you and your out of touch far right bretheren are reduced to ranting screeds.

Unless and until you learn to move to the center and reflect the views of mainstream america, the republican party will tear itself apart, ensuring democratic control of our government for years to come. Or, more likely, you will isolate yourselves and have no home at all. It’s sad what you’re doing to our party.

and seriously, “micturated”? If you mean pissed, just say so.

6. Linda says:

Gee, the teleprompter must have been working this morning. I saw that he was speaking and about one second is all I can stand of his face, his voice, and his scripted words. Supporting his EMPTY vow, he did not study the Constitution to uphold it, he studied the Constitution to figure out how to get around it and promote their plan to rewrite it to fit their more-than-socialistic (now definitely leaning toward marxist/ communistic) agenda, not only telling you what kind of lightbulbs you must use, but also what kind of car you must drive at an increased cost to you and billions in profits to companies like GE (who, through its ownership of NBC was one of this primary quid-pro-quo campaign promoters). What’s next? Toilet paper? As Ben Stein said recently on Glenn Beck, they’ll have to pull my Cadillac from my cold dead hands.

7. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

A lot of good that moderate Republican John McCain did for us. He must have been your dream candidate.

Read the Constitution. Every single word is there for a reason. Then, circle the provisions your man McCain, along with Gov Huntsman’s new boss, have violated.

Then, read the Federalist Papers, and get back to me.

And, yes … Micturated.

8. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Incidentally, I’m not here to push anybody out, center or right. We shouldn’t be. It should be about whether our federal government should be large or small in size, scope and reach. If you read what I asked to to, and find yourself siding with Alexander Hamilton, perhaps you (and John McCain) would indeed be more comfortable on the other side of the aisle.

If you’re on Jefferson’s side, perhaps you should take a deep breath and consider where Democrats and moderate Republicans are taking us.

I’m all with Bodenzee. The root of the problem is not in the Congress or White House, but in the school classrooms and university halls. Until teachers’ union grip on the students’ minds is broken and propaganda-on-tenure is stopped, the undereducated masses will keep saddling the nation with smooth talking, nicely combed “messiahs”. We need a politician with a pair of stainless-steel ‘nads to cleanse these Augean Stables of liberalism – just like Dame Margaret Thatcher did across the pond.

Well said Jeff! I couldn’t agree with you more. The more Obama opens his mouth the less I trust him and the more I believe he us a Usurper! Just sent my $25 in to WND to help buy a billboard. “Where’s the Birth Certificate?”!!!!!!!

Jeff, I agree with most everything you post here and have a deep appreciation for where you stand on these issues. It amazes me as well that the people on Obama bin Laden’s side can not see him for what he truly is, or maybe they do, either way it is a mystery. However, several posts I read here on your blog are from Christians and I have to ask was your use of the ‘GD’ word really necessary. I understand the anger, believe me, but let’s not let it move us off our moral ground. Keep fighting the good fight, you’re doing a good job.

12. ATTEN HUT says:

There’s a wiff of Continental Army in the air. Jeff cursing….. it won’t be long till we will be in a platoon together.

13. suek says:

If you haven’t seen this already, please read it. (them) It’s fairly long slow reading, but worth your time. It explains a lot of what we’re seeing.

1) http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/05/frankfurt_school_reigns_suprem.html

The 1) link is the primary article, and the others are links contained within
    the article. The primary article is a good one. The others are shocking. At
    least they were to me. Maybe this will be old hat to you – I don’t know – but
    if they are not, I hope they will shock you into thinking about this great
    country and how the heck we’re going to get out of this mess.

Bravo! The last thing the Republican Party needs to do is move to the center. Again, I re-interate – how will you be able to distinguish between the two parties? The Dems and Obama are spending this country into oblivion and you are right on with regard to our being less secure. I received an e-mail from Eric Cantor of Virginia on where prisoners from GITMO may be sent in our state (and heads up – they are going to lots of other states too). For Virginia it is Norfolk and Quantico. This will not please people at all. If these prisoners deserve to be housed in the US, put them closer to those who want to see GITMO closed. Does he not realize how dangerous this situation will be to the American people? They are not Americans and not entitled to be tried in our judicial system. This President is so arrogant, he has to be right at our expense. It is far better to stand by the side of the people and their safety.

Anonymous: “ranting screeds”?..if you mean righteous anger, just say so. If you want to join the dimwits in an effort to “govern”, have at it. Some of us prefer to stand by our conservative convictions rather than trying to appease every liberal group in an effort to grow the party. If we are honest and true to our principles, the party will grow. If you have convinced yourself that this administration is actually interested in governing in the best interests of the people, you are deluding yourself. I want no part in this destruction of our foundations that have served us well. If you believe the rapid growth of the government instigated by this administration is good for America, you do not belong with conservatives.

16. Linda says:

Given the faux pas from both sides, it will be interesting to see the percentage of the vote that the Libertarians will pull in 2010 and 2012.

17. GATOR-1 says:

Just popping in to say Hello, I’ve been visiting just not having the time to post and most always someone has already said what I would have.

Didnt want ya to think I disapeared. My friendS Yall still ROCK!

Whenever “weaslterd” comes up my Foil hat beeps so there really must be something up with that.

Continue the Good March Patriots and dont let the occassional fools in your path change your direction.

As Always…
    BLESSINGS PATRIOTS

18. tm says:

I only heard one speech today and it was Dick Cheney’s and it rocked the house. I quote my friend today:
    “Nice shot, Dick.Showed an amateur how to shoot”.

19. RAD says:

Bodenzee
    I couldn’t agree more with your post. I work for a school district in Colorado and you are dead on in your analysis. Taking back our schools for future generations is imperative. My husband and I are childless but we have plenty of neices and nephews who are now having children of their own and I despair for them. They may never know the wonderful feeling of being self-sufficient and the glory of being in control of their own destinies. My sorrow is profound.

20. Jan says:

Jeff-
    I haven’t posted on here for a while, although I read your site every day. Your passion is inspiring, your hard work appreciated, your love for this country shared. It is disappointing that you would chose to take our Father’s name in vain. We must take the higher moral road and not allow these issues to provoke us to that point.

21. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Jan, I didn’t even realize that I did. Consider it fixed, because you’re right.

22. D.A.Gust says:

Quit holding back and tell us how you really feel…

Your second to last and closing paragraph in your article say more about just how the Obama admin formulates it’s ideas, and how they should be viewed by all.
    There is more truth in those statements than there is green on grass.

You are much more aware than most,
    Thank-you Jeff.

23. Blad_Rnr says:

Keep fighting the good fight. You are a sensible, intelligent American and we need more people like you telling the truth!

24. elspeth says:

Bodeneze and all who agreed with the post Bodeneze made at 11:35am:

Posted:
    “The vast majority of graduating high school seniors do not understand our Constitution, the history of this nation, and how government operates. They don’t even know who the players are. They know Obama but don’t ask too much about him…they can’t answer much about him”

Who can? He has sealed all the records! If anyone can answer much about Obama, they’re simply not.

But, as a mother, I have to state that regardless of what my children are exposed to (left-leaning or not) while attending public school, their guidance comes from me. I sing the national anthem for them, I say the pledge of allegiance, too. We say prayers at night. I discuss history over homework and tell stories from our own family. My six- and seven-year-olds are learning about how something that is 99 cents cost $1.07.

And, the public schools are GOVERNMENT — meaning they’re supposed to answer to “we the people”, too. But, I don’t see a big crowd at the school board meetings.

I do not consider myself politically active, but I attended a TEA party because I’m concerned about what is happening to my country and have started paying more attention. Others are still not, and most do not want to talk about it. I think that part needs to change or it will be status quo.

Squeaky wheel and all that.

Thanks, Jeff, and thanks to all the contributors, too, for such a great site!

elspeth

25. Bodenzee says:

Elspeth -

You right that schools should be government, but the teachers and their union have managed to have most, if not all of their funding derive from legislation (read ‘mandatory’, and without local control) instead of from the wishes of the population. I live in New England and we have a true town meeting form of government. By definition the voters in my town are the local legislative body but that has been subverted by Federal and State legislation. We can’t do anything any longer but pay the bill. There is no longer any local discretion. The teachers have taken over and protect their rice bowl at the expense of the nation. This must change!

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, but her father was a staunch Republican. One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to high taxes and welfare programs.

He stopped her and asked her, “How are you doing in school?”

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA, but it was really tough. She had to study all the time and never had time to go out and party. She didn’t have time for a boyfriend and didn’t really have many college friends because she was spending all her time studying. On top of that, the part-time job her father insisted she keep left absolutely no time for anything else.

He asked, “How is your friend Mary?”

She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, didn’t have a job, and went to all the parties. She was always complaining about not having any money, but didn’t want to work. Why, she often didn’t show up for classes because she was hung over.

Dad then asked his daughter why she didn’t go to the Dean’s office and request that 1.0 be taken off her 4.0 and given it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a respectable 3.0 GPA. Then, she could also give her friend half the money she’d earned from her job so that her friend would no longer be broke.

The daughter angrily fired back, “That wouldn’t be fair. I worked really hard for my grades and money, and Mary just loafs. Why should her laziness and irresponsibility be rewarded with half of what I’ve worked for?”

The father slowly smiled and said, “Welcome to the Republican Party.”

Parents have a responsibility to their children to pass on their believes, standards, and culture.

Just sayin!

27. Jackie Smith says:

Great writing Jeff….I am sending it out to all of my contacts….by the way….that moderate Republican who made the comment above about us conservatives is way off base…..McCain was selected by the media to run as a Republican and you can see where that got us!!! Our nation needs someone strong and unafraid like Dick Cheney…..Bush was always afraid to stand up for his beliefs….even though they were right and he took a lot of flack no matter what he did!

28. Larry Walker Jr says:

I concur. If Obama had a father who was an American Citizen, which would by the way actually qualify him for POTUS under Article 2, Section 1, then he might understand a bit more why Natural Born Americans feel the way we do. No pun intended.

Tell that to the families in California who can wake up and enjoy breakfast together because waterboarding elicited plans for a 9/11-style attack from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and we were able to stop it.This is a retread of the claim made by Marc Thiessen in his op-ed column that appeared in the Washington Post on April 21, 2009. It references Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s plan for an airplane to be hijacked and flown into the Library Tower, the tallest building in Los Angeles.

2007/05/20070523.html

The link above is to a fact sheet, issued *by the White House,* which clearly states that we broke up the plot to fly an airplane into the Library Tower in 2002. References to this plan being thwarted have been made on numerous occasions, and always the year in which it was derailed is given as 2002.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed wasn’t captured until March of 2003. So how on earth could any information we got from him have played a role in stopping an attack that we had already stopped a year earlier?

If you want to argue that waterboarding produces actionable intelligence, that’s fine. Just use an example that’s less transparently false than the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed/Library Tower plot.

30. Mel says:

Bravo, Jeff! Another great article that hits the nail on the head. Totally agree with you!