New GOP Video: ‘What did Speaker Pelosi Know?’

Brilliant. Now show everybody you know.

New video from the House Republican Conference. The more I think about it, the more I’m torn on this issue. My personal animosity for Nancy Pelosi says that she should immediately step down or be removed from her position as Speaker of the House, while the logical, unemotional side says that she should remain exactly where she is, and continue to be the [artificially tightly ratcheted] face of the Democratic Party as we move closer and closer to a crucial mid-term election next year.

Of course, if I were a betting man (read: if I had the money to be a betting man), I would wager that Pelosi is forced to step aside as House Speaker. As I wrote last week, the White House simply has too much to gain from Steny Hoyer stepping into Pelosi’s spot, and not to mention the obvious grief that a Pelosi resignation would spare the Democratic Party.

Only time will tell what becomes of Nancy Pelosi. In the meantime, enjoy the video, and send the link here to your friends. Pelosi must not get a free pass for blatantly lying to the American public, and for playing political games with our national security.

Comments

1. Uncle Rick says:

The Machiavelli in me says that she should stay — for the time being. The ideal time for her to experience the full force of public disgrace (Jack Sparrow would say ‘the opportune moment’) would be just as the 2010 elections swing into high gear.

2. KISS KISS KISS says:

What was with Barry kissing her behind in the Rose Garden this morning right before the CAFE standards announcement? DISGRACEFUL.

How ironic! The Speaker comes across like a babbling idiot!

Jeff, thank you for that video! I needed a laugh.

Another thought I had about that interview–if I were in San Fran Nan’s shoes, I doubt that I would ever wear that chartreuse suit ever again because it is a reminder of the tangled web she knitted and lied about when she got snagged in it.

5. Bodenzee says:

Kissing Pelosi shows what
    we’ve been seeing. Barry has no class. That face has more Gel Coat than the hulls of my boats.

6. goddessdivine says:

The conniving side of me wants her to stay in just to further denigrate her party. Keep up the good work Nancy!!

(Ha! word confirm: polite)

O. may be giving her some lessons in the Rose Garden on how to conduct herself in the coming weeks and months, so she is better able to cover herself. Then again, knowing his true self, he could discard her as well. It’s a toss up with what suits O. on any given day.

Then again, I would like to see her gone, and O. would probably get his way in a perhaps more astute or malleable, speaker to be, Steny Hoyer.

Reminds me of my son when he was caught with his hand in the “Cookie Jar.” Stuttering-stammering and rapid eye flutter usually indicate what? Na it can’t be that, we must understand it’s just a large misunderstanding as I “was not briefed,” no; “I mean informed.” God help us everyone. Chicken Little was right the sky is falling but we have a plan.

9. Portuguese Revolutionary War Hero - Peter Francisco says:

WHEN HONEST PEOPLE are explaining something they don’t need a written statment.
    If it is the truth and you lived it less than 7 yrs ago it woul dbe vivid in your mind. The fact that she has to read a statment proves that she is covering her butt. I could say saving face, but there isn’t much face left to save. LOL

10. AL QUAEDA HAS THEIR RECRUITING TOOLS, WE HAVE NANCY says:

The case against Nancy Pelosi remaining Speaker of the House is as simple as it is devastating:

The person who is No. 2 in line to be commander in chief can’t have contempt for the men and women who protect our nation. America can’t afford it.

To test how much damage Speaker Pelosi has done to the defense of our nation, ask yourself this: If you were a young man or woman just starting out today, would you put on a uniform or become an intelligence officer to defend America, knowing that tomorrow a politician like Nancy Pelosi could decide you were a criminal?

Would you?

- Newt Gingrich

11. cal says:

She is so pathetic!!!! Why is the GOP not running this all over TV???