Pelosi is Done (you heard it here first)

This whole thing is getting more and more farcical with each passing day. Her story is changing so often and so much that even Jessica Fletcher would have difficulty sorting things out.

As it stands, the only consistent factors are ignorance, arrogance, audacity and stupidity. Truth, competence, credibility and principles are nowhere to be seen.

Now, in the latest incarnation of her version of the truth about detainee treatment and enhanced interrogations, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is claiming that the CIA deliberately misled her and other members of Congress with regard to techniques used to gather intelligence.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that, politically, Nancy Pelosi does not survive this whole debacle. Barack Obama doesn’t need this drain on political capital with health care and other debates looming and, that being said, the White House has an enormous amount to gain by replacing her as House Speaker with Steny Hoyer who, by all accounts, is a bosom buddy of Rahm Emanuel and would essentially relinquish control of Congress to the Obama administration.

If the administration is indeed pulling the strings in order to facilitate Hoyer’s control of the House, knowing full well the Oval Office’s obvious control over the press, I think it’s only a matter of time before Pelosi is forced to step aside as speaker. Hoyer has already pushed for the entire matter to be investigated, and Pelosi certainly isn’t doing herself any favors by sounding like the botoxed equivalent of Bill Clinton with his pants down.

Look for the press to get increasingly aggressive with her – on behalf of the White House. Look for the press to doggedly pursue the minutes of the briefings involving enhanced interrogation techniques, and look for release of information that would not normally have been released, especially now that President Obama has had some undoubtedly superficial come-to-Jesus moment with regard to detainees, interrogation and national security.

Grab the stuffing and sweet potatoes. Pelosi’s turkey is done. The White House is hungry for power, and the press holds the carving knife.

Comments

1. LATER, FREAK says:

Boy it will be nice to see this freakish woman G O N E.

it really is sad that people have continued to elect this woman to represent them. are people really that blinded by ideology or is it apathy?

3. Sally H. says:

I’m a democrat and am absolutely offended at this woman’s refusal to tell the truth. I hope she is forced to step down. She is an embarassmnet.

4. THANKS says:

TY Sally!!! May God poor blessings on all intelligent democrats!

Another one under the bus, not because she really does need to go and should have been gone eons ago, but because of the manipulation to grab more power and control over the Congress and everything else in sight.

Agree with you wholeheartedly on this one, Jeff.

6. goddessdivine says:

Man I hope you’re right. I hope the door does kick her on the way out.

I have concern with her prophesied demise.

“Steny Hoyer who, by all accounts, is a bosom buddy of Rahm Emanuel “

Pelosi has played a part in preventing Carte Blanche.

8. momathome says:

Possible upside to all of this? I don’t think that Nancy will go quietly and she may have some ideas on where some of the bodies are buried! I was hoping that Rod Blago was going to sing but maybe Nancy will be the one who refuses to be thrown under the bus! Could get interesting!

Just when I thought I was getting a bit hungry, I completely lost my appetite!

Be careful for what you wish for–you just may get it. Remember, if Obama wants it, it can’t be good for conservatism.

Where power is concerned, this regime is like a starving lion after a lamb!

John Stewart and David Letternman are both poking fun at Pelosi. When two of the most liberal people on television attack her…. it’s over. I really don’t think the limb you went out on is in any danger of breaking.

Chuck

11. Claudia says:

The whole problem with this is that Hoyer will be Speaker and he will exert much more control over the House than Pelosi has to date, (if, indeed, that is possible) and everything will be rammed through so fast that there will be no stopping anything, even for a cursory review……

I totally agree with the facts that Pelosi has to go, she outlived her usefullness a very long time ago, and is a complete bumbling idiot that cannot even make a sentence make sense anymore, and I would dealry love to see Reid go right besie her out the door, but that doesn’t mitigate the problem that having Hoyer in as Speaker poses for all of us out here in Repub and Conservative land.

Last time I checked Congress had two chambers, and even if he becomes House Speaker, Steny Hoyer is only a member of one of them (and the less powerful one at that).

So how Hoyer, regardless of the closeness of his relationship with Rahm Emanuel, would be capable of relinquishing control of both the House of Representatives AND the Senate to the Obama Administration is beyond me.

13. Linda says:

Pelosi / Hoyer. Out of the skillet into the fire! I can’t stand her either . . . but? Part of the “plan?” God Save Us!

14. tm says:

I will be a “nice” conservative in my response:
    The wicked witch of the west is “finally” melting.
    Maybe, the rusted metal in the democratic machine is finally showing stress fractures. No celebration yet, not until all of them are gone.
    Still this put a little smile on my face today.
    Thanks Jeff.

15. Ian Thorpe says:

Get behind Pelosi. You know the old saying, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

It is clear who is seeking absolute power.

16. rdansie says:

Great article and I too hope that you are right about her demise.

When I read, “sounding like the botoxed equivalent of Bill Clinton with his pants down” I about fell out of my chair. That is classic!

You made my day. Thanks. Go Gators!

17. Bodenzee says:

Has any one seen an assessment done by the folks that analyze facial features, speech patterns, and body language to determine if the Speaker is lying?

In believe that this women is an outright liar.

San Fran Nan may well have to have her neck lengthened, too, when she gets her face lifted again–just to keep her head above (hot) water!

19. PattyW says:

I saw a very humorous snippet on, I think, CNBC this morning of Pelosi elbowing Obama away from a podium outside somewhere…I didn’t catch any of what was said because I was laughing too hard! One of the business newscasters caught it and commented on it. I was glad. It was such an obvious power grab of the spotlight! And VERY FUNNY! She actually pushed Obama aside! John Stewart needs to show that little film clip to the masses!

Bodenzee–
    I’ve studied it.

Yep–she’s lying. A whopper came after her eyes cut sharply left before her next sentence. Anything else was hard to see, as her facial skin is like plastic.

21. EXCUSE ME, I'M STANDING ON MY TONGUE says:

I have never heard ANYONE so tripped on themselves as she was today. If it wasn’t so funny I’d feel bad for her. And I thought Slick Willy was a huge liar…. mercy!

it got the point of shameless
    that politicians=thugs=mafias

23. cal says:

I cannot stand Pelosi, but it sounds like it would be worse for the republicans if she is out.

24. CAL says:

momathome-
    I hope you are right about Pelosi not going quietly. She has to know a lot that could be damaging to Obama. Wouldn’t it be fun if she started to sing!

25. STICK A FORK IN HER SHE'S DONE says:

quite simply – answered prayers

26. $34.95 ONE NIGHT ONLY!! says:

They should do a Premier Pay-per-View event….. Pelosi under oath, that would be incredible entertainment!

27. momathome says:

Hey, we can only hope! (I believe that the reason Mark Felt became Deep Throat was that he felt Nixon didn’t respect him enough and passed him over for a promotion.) The only sure trait for any politician is an enormous ego (see Specter, Arlen) and Nancy Pelosi has no shortage in the arrogance department! C’mpn, journalists…pretend you still know how to do your job and start talking to the woman! Right now, she is a cornered, wounded animal and I think she’ll spit out all kinds of good info if given the chance!

28. TRY IT SOMETIME says:

Nancy, THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE !

Now remember…..it WAS Pelosi who signed in the Usurper as ELIGIBLE and vetted to be the Democratic candidate for president, even though she, nor anyone else, has vetted him by seeing his actual birth certificate.

And no, don’t even try to call me a tinfoil conspirist, as this remains a genuine issue that remains to be proven. This Usurper trash is a fraud. And now Pelosi is going under the bus….while I can’t stand this wacko lying witch, I can’t help but wonder if this was all contrived, as when she was found out to be lying about the vetting, it won’t bring the whole DNC down?

I wouldn’t put anything past this den of demon thieves and liars. Are you kidding me here? With the Usurper, Pelosi, Reid, Emmanuel, Napolitano….. just disgusting, totally and utterly disgusting.

I say good riddance. Her Botoxity has surely wrecked enough damage to the country already. Trust the Democrats to eat their infirm like true cannibals they are. I struggle to imagine what her successor should do to rival her toxicity.

31. Indigo Red says:

Pelosi and Obama have butted heads over leadership and power a few times since November ’08. Steny and Rahm are buds from way back. This is one of the good crises the White House is not going to waste. I’ve a feeling there is a palace coup being led from the Oval Ofc to detrhone Miss Nancy and consolidate the power of One.

And my verification word is “ovari”… oddly apropriate.