Happy Mother’s Day

To all the moms out there:

Happy Mother’s Day!

All I know is that there had better be breakfast in bed for all you wonderful super-moms out there. I don’t care if your husbands cook some eggs, or if your kids make pancakes, eggshells and all. Either way, enjoy yourself today, kick your feet up, let other folks wait on you for a while. You deserve it.

I’ve been taking the weekend off–I haven’t had a weekend not spent studying since December–and will be sure to spend the rest of it today pampering my wife to the best of my abilities. Guys . . . I want you to do the same.

(Don’t worry. The injustice will still be there come Monday.)

– Jeff

Comments

Jeff:

From a mother of 3, thank you for your kind words! Love the photo! Unfortunately, no one will be bringing me breakfast in bed, as I awoke at 4:34 am…made coffee, and enjoyed the quiet house and unfettered computer time!

On a political note, I have discovered a dangerous upcoming legislative issue:

Senator Lugar (IN), barely even a RINO, is seeking to have the Senate pass CIFTA, a horrible treaty that would violate personal liberties and privacy rights.

This international treaty was brought back to life from the Clinton Adm. by Barak Obama. It would ANY FOREIGN INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY to have access to the U.S. gun ownership records!

You will be proud of me. I discovered what I believe to be a HUGE mistake of the Founders…Article VI states that any signed treaty “shall be the Supreme Law of the Land”, superceding all other local, state, or federal laws! Weren’t the Founders aware of the potential danger of this? It is transnationalism at its best (or worst!).

Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming is fighting this tooth and nail, but there is such low public awareness of this right now (gee….I wonder why!).

AMERICA’S RIGHT PATRIOTS:

We need to voice our fury over this!

Call or fax Lugar and Barrasso at:

Senator Richard Lugar:
    202-224-4818
    202=228-0360 (fax)

Senator John Barrasso:
    866-235-9553 (Washington toll free)
    202-224-1724 (fax)

GET ON IT, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Lisa in TX

As a mother who has not heard from her only child in eleven years (Everyone else has, just not me.)and has never been wished a Happy Mother’s Day by him even when he was a teenager at home, I very much appreciated your Mother’s Day wishes because of the passion displayed.

Thank you from my heart.

Well! Aren’t you the thoughtful dad/husband/son?!

Thank you!

And a Happy Mother’s Day to “all the Mrs. Schreibers” in your family. Happy Mother’s Day to any sisters that you may have, too.

Anonymous at 8:47 a.m.–

Whether you hear from your son today or in the next 11 years, rest assured that in his heart he knows that he has not been “the good son” he can be and that there are those out there who will be urging him to bridge the gap between you.

I don’t know what his “problem” is, but let the relatives know that you would appreciate it if they would pass on to him that you love him unconditionally. He’s the one with the problem, not you.

And, a final thought–don’t let him push the button that keeps you from having a wonderful Mother’s Day, because after all, it’s another beautiful day that God has made for us. Be thankful.

Happy Mother’s Day!

5. Ginger says:

Keep pampering your wife all day today. Pay back is coming June 21 (Father’s Day)

To “Anonymous” at 8:47 AM:

As a father whose greatest joy is the closeness and love of my three adult sons (one of whom was estranged from me for a number of years but now is my best friend and business partner), my heart goes out to you.

The unbearable pain is yours, but the incalcuable loss is his. Don’t give up hope. I speak from experience; things CAN change.

And as a son (me) who disappointed his own mother many times, for many years, until I “grew up” and took responsiblity for my behaviorial problems, I will wish you a Happy Mothers Day.

Old Bob

HAPPY MOTHER´S DAY TO EVERY MOTHER ON THE BLOG¡¡¡¡¡

> …and will be sure to spend the
    > rest of it today pampering my wife
    > to the best of my abilities. Guys
    > . . . I want you to do the same.

Uh oh. Do you really want us to pamper *your* wife? :)

Enjoy a well deserved break from your studies, and of course – happy Mother's Day to your wife and mom!

9. MUJERLATINA says:

Thank you for being the only gentleman to wish me Happy Mother’s Day today. Other than my 80 year-old father, no other man has acknowledged this special day. I wish there were more gentlemen out there to share the joys of parenting with the many single mothers who are trying to instill values, traditions and love of country into their children.

Happy Mother’s Day to your wife, your mother and any other special mothers in your life Jeff.