How Telling

Assigned Reading: FACT CHECK: Obama Job, Deficit Claims Are Iffy
(FROM: Associated Press)

So, I first read this article on the Fox News Web site. That link is HERE, while the link above is to the same wire service article in the Washington Post. There are actually two reasons I wanted to include this piece here — first, the article itself is about as fair towards and critical of the Obama administration as I’ve seen from the Associated Press so far and, second, the comments on the Fox News page are just so telling.

No news in this article, just the same old tired…we don’t like Obama, so we are going to twist and turn any fact…or heavens…who cares about facts…we are just going to spew nonsense and call it fact…anything to discredit Obama. Anyone can say anything, anyone can use numbers, polls, “facts” to show whatever you want, both left and right do it all the time. This is just another example.

There are no facts in this… just the writer’s opinion… Foxnews is killing truthful journalism, one article at a time….

This is the worst excuse of a “fact check” I have ever seen. More like some knee-jerk conservative reaction to things they don’t like. Fox can hardly be considered a “news” outlet anymore. More like a conservative think tank.

Take a look for yourself. The liberal commenters have overlooked the “AP” notation at the top of the piece and have dismissed the factual assertions in the article as just being a Fox News contrivance. I’m not certain that speaks as much of Fox News’ credibility as it does of the refusal by so many liberals to actually listen to fact and truth.

This only underscores the need for the Republican Party to effectively get their message out. Not all Obama supporters are unwilling to heed fact. At least, I hope not.

Comments

The link for the Washington Post isn’t working like it should. Could you correct, please?

elspeth

2. Dee says:

I heard him say how they saved or created 150,000 jobs but no mention of the millions that have been lost. My arthimatic tells me that leaves a negative balance. His deficits have to be paid and where does the government get its money to pay things? Taxes. I also want to know if the government employees are going to have to participate in his national healthcare plan or will they continue to have their own plan?
    Lately, I have been wondering why it was so important to BO to keep his blackberry. He insisted that he was not giving it up and of course, no one wants to upset him so, he was allowed to. Who has access to that number? I am willing to bet those are the real people running this country. This man is frightening.
    Thank you, Jeff, for all your hard work and thanks to all those of like mind.

3. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID says:

Tho we keep trying here…..

The post link appears to be dead, what a surprise! Reminds me of an MSLSD poll after Palin’s acceptance speech it was 98% that she did a great job. I was shocked that they would post such a favorable poll for her, half hour later I decided to check again. It was gone, again what a shocker!

I tried your link to the AP article in the Washington Post, but it has been removed. Interestingly, when I googled the title of the article in quotes, I found only two short pages of results, none of which were the websites of major news organizations, except for Fox. So it appears that very few have chosen to report this AP article.
    It’s apparent that these commenters do not trust Fox News to be unbiased, but shouldn’t much of the blame rest on the fact that the news organizations they DO trust aren’t reporting all sides of a story? How do conservatives get the word out with such bias in the media?

6. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Anonymous said…
    Don’t Google the headline–news organizations can set the headline as they choose. Google a sentence from the text itself.

The only censored site at my job near liberal Woodstock NY is Foxnews. You can go anywhere but Foxnews, they hate it with a raging passion.

Not much I can say or do if I want to have a job!

That’s the America we live in today

Actually, the first posting you made with a link to the Washington Post was just a typo in that the URL was contained in the link twice. When I removed the extra URL, the link worked find.

elspeth

9. tm says:

Norton trying to block your site and I am at home not at the office today.

10. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

tm said…

Norton trying to block your site and I am at home not at the office today.
    Really? For what reason?

Anyone else having trouble?

11. goddessdivine says:

Fox is one of the few news sources I trust. Is it any wonder why their ratings kill everyone else in the cable news business? Perhaps it’s because they report facts.

Just a quick glance on the report summarizing myths and facts of Obama’s first 100 days, anyone with half a brain would know that many of his assertions are false. I too was dumbfounded by the ’152K job creation’. Gee Barack–what about the million or so jobs lost since you took office? He is really good at manipulating the truth, isn’t he?

12. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

I do think that FNC has jumped rightward since the election. No doubt about that. But Fox, as far as I can tell, has never played down a story such as the others do on an every day basis.