That Won’t Do, Pig: Comandante Napolitano and the Swine Flu Pandemic

Lay down with pigs, America, and you’ll come up with flu

By Rick Saunders
America’s Right

OK, kids, let’s get this straight. First, the World Health Organization (or “WHO,” but not to be confused with Doctor Who) and the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) have declared a health emergency in reaction to the outbreak of a virulent and contagious strain of swine flu that has originated in Mexico. That country has now sustained nearly 100 deaths confirmed as caused by swine flu, and some 1,600 more have been sickened and are suspected to have been exposed and infected.

Second, nations such as Israel, New Zealand, Spain, France and Canada, have reported suspected isolated cases after citizens from those countries returned home from Mexico. Reports have also surfaced that the twenty-some cases reported here in this country included several New York City students who got ill on spring break trips to Mexico. Russia has stopped all meat imports from Mexico, as well as from the states of California, Texas and Kansas, as well as pork imports from Mexico and a number of Central American nations and, additionally, the states of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Florida. With no confirmed cases yet appearing in Japan, Tokyo’s Narita airport has nonetheless taken the preemptive precaution of installing a device to test the temperatures of passengers arriving from Mexico, as one good indicator of the flu is a fever.

Anyone yet see a pattern here?

Even though reports have also surfaced that the twenty-some sickened New York City students included many who became ill while on spring break trips to Mexico, Department of Homeland Security Comandante Janet Napolitano assures everyone that all is fine at the airports where people arriving from Mexico land in this country, and so there is no cause for alarm.

“Right now,” Napolitano stated at a White House press conference yesterday, “we don’t think the facts warrant more active testing or screening of passengers coming in from Mexico.”

Great. Let’s wait until the problem is out of control before doing anything . . . anything, that is, other than blaming the Republicans and the problems Obama “inherited” from Bush. And don’t worry about linkage between swine flu and Republicans — Napolitano & Co. will concoct all the linkage they need, but on their timetable. Think of the potential . . . pork-barrel spending . . . swine flu . . . the connection sure doesn’t seem that difficult to make.

Let’s keep this in perspective, though. Because of Mexico’s drug cartel violence, we now have bomb-sniffing dogs, high-tech x-ray machines and neutrol scattering devices on our side of the border, in order to check cars and trucks traveling SOUTH from the United States into Mexico for contraband explosives, weapons and ammunition. We also have a Justice Department considering abridging Americans’ constitutional rights in order to supposedly keep weapons out of the hands of cartels in Mexico. But we currently have no plans to impose travel restrictions or temperature scans on people traveling NORTH from Mexico into the United States in the face of what the CDC grimly refers to as a “potential worldwide pandemic.”

And, of course, DHS certainly has no travel restrictions being enforced on illegal aliens streaming across the border at places other than airports. They have a bring-your-swine-flu-in-free card as, according to Napolitano, illegal immigration is not a crime.

To enforce travel restrictions or to even mimic the Japanese by utilizing technology to scan the temperatures of passengers arriving from Mexico is, well, just unthinkable. After all, what would the ACLU think? And what would be the reaction of MSNBC, the New York Times, or the Congressional Hispanic Caucus? Worse, what would George Soros think?

No, such a course of action would make far too much sense to the average American, and thus be deemed “rightwing extremism” by Comandante Napolitano. In effect, Napolitano and her politically mindset is willing to gamble on the safety of the American people by coughing up–no pun intended–the excuse that it’s still not “bad” enough to warrant precautions which even the Japanese see as prudent. Let’s see how long that charade goes on.

So, PC dogma once again trumps reason. Only in Obamerica . . . and we’re not even 100 days into it.

(NOTE: For the life of me, I cannot understand why this woman still has her job as Director of Homeland Security. At this point, she’s gone from being an embarrassment to a disgrace . . . to a threat. It’s time President Obama calls for her resignation — though, admittedly, it will be difficult to find a replacement, as left-wing sympathizers with both a functioning cerebrum and a clean tax history are few and far between. I don’t care, though. Get this woman out of there before innocent Americans get killed. — Jeff)

—————
Rick Saunders is a freelance writer who splits his time between endeavors in southern California and the American southwest. He began writing for America’s Right in December 2008. Jeff Schreiber started America’s Right in January 2008.

Comments

Forty microbiologists were murdered over a four year period. FORTY! Is it possible that Halliburton, KBR, Monsanto, and Gilead Sciences want a dry run, so that they can secure their billion-dollar contracts in the aftermath of a bird flu outbreak or a Bush-planned bioterror attack – for detention centers, quarantines and mandatory vaccines? The same players who ‘rebuilt’ New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina are still sitting at the table, poised for Bush’s pandemic party.

2. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

Are you serious, or is this a farce?

Are you actually blaming Bush and Cheney for a swine flu pandemic which started in Mexico?

And I thought I’ve heard it all…

JEFF, you are right about Napolitano. My feeling is the same as yours, she is a total embarasement and incompetence. 0bama should fire not just her.He shouls fire first himself with his “gang” too.

Obama fire her…& admit another error in judgement??? I doubt it.

It’s great, being old! I remember back when Nixon was president and one by one in his administration resigned because of wrongdoings. Napolitano should resign because her brain is running on empty.

My retired civil engineering friend told me last evening, “I sleep so well at night now, knowing that our country is in good hands. Don’t you feel safe?”

Wonder what term Napolitano will use to describe this flu thing if it develops into a pandemic…. “a man-created biological disaster,” “a disastrous biological step forward,” or “pig-avian-human-Spanish biological garbage?”

I also wonder how she can blame the Bush administration for her own lack of competence. No doubt San Fran Nan will create legislation to ensure that our undocumented Mexican guests are not blamed by the right. We would not want to risk having the term “terrorist” being broadened to include every American.

You know, if AKA had just ONE bright bulb in his Chandelier, it would really be enlightening and encouraging. But of all the good, honest people available to him, we have some very un-illustrious dimwits in place.

Buckshot for President!

Jeff, the following question might lie in your other area of expertise, I mean outside blog writing. Will that Woman-Caused Disaster, or the person who appointed her, have any civil liability to US citizens to fell sick or possibly die as a result of ensuing swine flu outbreak? Even less likely but still worth asking – could the responsibility go as far as criminal negligence charges? Naturally, all questions above assume that a solid scientific connection between Mexican illegal immigration and the disease spread is established.

7. PEME says:

Oh holy cow. I’d like to see Napolitano’s reaction if the swine flu were to reach the detainees at Gitmo. That would probably cause a backlash from the islamic world the likes of which have never been seen.

Word to verify: “reignxl”, hopefully not an extra long reign by the current imbecile occupant of the White House.

8. JUST SHOOT ME says:

It sucks having a high IQ and seeing all this stupidity. I can’t take it! Oh to be ignorant!

Well, here’s one to think about:

“It really is difficult to imagine how people who have entirely given up managing their own affairs could make a wise choice of those who are to do that for them. One should never expect a liberal, energetic, and wise government to originate in the votes of a people of servants.” –French political thinker and historian Alexis de Tocqueville (1805-1859)

Rick, I loved your writeup/piece/column/article.

–Jeff, what do y’all call them? Ours are simply “comments.”

While I’m thinking about it, remember that Jeff has two exams staring him in the face. Tread lightly; talk softly for only one more week. Then he will have time–right after his Spring Nap!

10. STINKO DE MAYO says:

Lets all swap our pig virus on May 5. Celebrate our open borders.

11. tm says:

Are they blaming republicans for the new Crisis…… yes they are !

GOP Know-Nothings Fought Pandemic Preparedness

PS Chuck Schumer voted for this as well but we will never hear that – go to michelle malkin to read more

SMOKE AND MIRRORS !!!!! …….100 days…National speech…..Stealth healthcare bill…..Blaming republicans…..crisis,crisis, crisis…………….

12. tm says:
  13. azidlinder says:

Again, I have to say that Janet is a disaster. Why in the world does she still have a job? How many cases in the US will it take for her to actually do something?

As a side note, my husband goes around blaming everything, even something as small as spilling his coffee, on Bush, as that seems to be the same mentallity as the current administration.

14. Linda says:

First of all, I agree with Jeff’s comments regarding the post by Anonymous at 9:59 a.m. Surely you must be kidding, Anonymous!

Stupidity and hatred notwithstanding, I doubt if she will resign. She doesn’t have the intelligence to know that she’s totally incompetent to hold this job, let alone the intelligence nor integrity to resign. Obviously she should have never been appointed in the first place, but that goes for most of the members of the current cabinet. I fail to see how someone could be appointed to head the Department of Homeland Security (one of our most vital positions) who couldn’t even protect her own state – the most porous state in the Union. If you can’t stop the penetration of the one-sided alien border of Arizona, how do you ever expect she can begin to comprehend, let alone stop, the security of the vast borders of this country? My, oh my, what a disgrace these “white guilt” and “power to the people” voters have made this country. This man should have been ousted when he was a candidate, let alone now. It won’t happen, though, because of (as Glenn Beck put it), the man behind the Blackberry. Anyone want to take a guess who’s pulling the strings and whose direction the puppet president is taking?

What a sad, sad state my once-great country is in.

16. Jeannette says:

I don’t know if Arizona is the most porous. I live in California, where 10% of the children in school, are “anchor babies.”

I can’t, for the life of me, not understand why anything coming into this country from Mexico, isn’t stopped at the border until this flu is contained or whatever else may be done. As cruel as this sounds, I think border agents, when coming upon illegals, should shoot bean bags in the air to scare them the hell away from us! Shoot in the air, not at them.

Needless to say, my paranoia went up when I first heard of this outbreak and thought this flu is weaponized. It’s a combo of bird/human/swine. Now how else could those three strains come together, if not by human minds and hands?

Get me Jack Bauer.

17. JACK HAS BEEN EXPOSED says:

18. syd B. says:

I wonder when Ms. Napolitano will be closing the Canadian border in response to the Swine flu pandemic? It seems to be her favorite border to blame things on.

19. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

JACK HAS BEEN EXPOSED said…

Jack Bauer is feeling ill at the moment, but STEM CELLS will save him! This season sucks.Are you kidding me?

Because of school, we have four episodes not yet seen on our DVR. Stem cells? STEM CELLS?

And I thought the global warming propaganda was bad…

Hey, never waste a crisis right?

A friend and I were talking about possible scenarios regarding the government declaring martial law to get rid of weapons. I told him it would have to be something big such as a major boom in a few cities. After hearing more and more about this, I’m beginning to wonder if this may be a crisis that government can take advantage off.

Before anyone continues, I heard from someone in my city today that the Government purchased all the small arms ammo from the local Walmart. As a consequence, I contacted a friend of mine in another state and we contacted numerous large retailers about ammunition and ALL of them were out. Even the gun stores said that the best place to get ammo now is online. Yesterday, when I went into the store, I asked about ammo and the guy said “All out.” When I smiled and said I heard rumors about government agents buying remaining ammo, he looked me in the eyes and said in a nervous laugh, “Yeah, I’m things like that too.”

Shrug. Call me paranoid but ANYTHING is possible. I know, I know… this guy’s crazy! This guy is nuts! However it’s always food for thought.

21. AGENT BAUER says:

The WH exploding was kinda cool. That episode rocked.

22. CHARLIE SHEEN IS FUNNY says:

24. Too politically incorrect to have REAL enemies portrayed on the show so we have to dream up domestic, defense related meanies, greedy for money and power. I can’t take it. Back to Two And A Half Men for me. AND Garafalo nauseates me.

24. Jeannette says:

Jack was exposed to a bio-pathogen, leaked from cylinders, intended for the bombs being assembled by Starkwood at their compound.

The stem cells from a close relative, he is told by the CDC, would help to save his life. The cells were to be donated by his daughter, but Jack (in a scene from last week) told her no.

From what I have heard, next season is the last for “24.” The producers probably wrapped this season with an ending in case they don’t return after this year and that is what will be broadcast on whatever night concludes this season. I think they will come back next year.

25. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

I didn’t mean to TELL me what happened! I still plan on watching them when I finish with exams!

SSSHHHHHHHH!!

26. whats_up says:

Jeff, I would be interested on your opinion on Tony Robbins statement in regards to this health issue:

27. VERIFY THIS says:

No real idea to add, just LOVED the verification word….
    focke

28. suek says:

Heh.

Verification word
    “tradgica”

Honest.

But this is interesting:

Of course she won’t lose her job, she is doing the job she is supposed to be doing and doing it very well. Everything she has done is part of the plan. The report she wrote was planned and, of course, she cannot stop any illegals coming into this country because Obama and the democrats need those votes, even if they bring the swine flu with them. I heard someone say this swine flu is really bioterrorism. Could it be?

Excuse my language, But this stupid Twat will probably blame Canada for this too, She is already on record for accusing Canada for the 911 Bombers and wants tighter security on the American/Canadian border. Last I noticed I did not see a single Canadian try to hop a fence or dig a tunnel to get to America. This Woman is just plain, Dare I say it, INSANE!!!!

31. suek says:

Unlikely that it is due to flies, but if the sanitation practices of the employees are not up to par, that might be a problem. And of course, possible pollution of water sources…

“Obamaerica”, I like that one.
    Lately, when people asked me how I’m doing. I respond with “Just Living the Obamanation”.

I URGE your readers & you, Jeff, to listen to Dr. Deagle. He has first hand knowledge and scientific info on how to survive this and deal with this.

Dr. Deagle is a VERY CREDIBLE government whistle blower in this area. He was approached by the CIA years ago to create this very thing. He declined and from that day forward, devoted his life to exposing the truth and endgame. He has daily broadcast/podcasts about how best to protect yourself. And, big surprise, it IS NOT how the gov't is advising you.

He and other colleagues have been in touch with the Dept of Homeland Security on a plan to curtail this and they were NOT interested. Their answer is ONLY military response.

You won't find the REAL truth on mainstream news.

They have released this to create a panfdemic and bring in Marshall Law along with forced inoculation. Don't do it. If Marshall Law is instituted, the trucks will stop rolling and food & water will be scarce. You'll then see crime rise.

Real Time map of outbreak:

We are not closing the borders and stopping air travel like other countries are so that there is MAXIMUM coverage and contamination.

THIS IS VERY SERIOUS. This virus will live on for weeks, months and years. Take care of your health yourself. Don't leave it up to the government. They're trying to REDUCE the population in accord with the overall globalists' plan.

If any vaccine is developed it will be too late and completely miss the mark, as it will have completely morphed into something totally different. Any vaccine they were "forcing" would be highly suspect.

This will be WORSE than the 1918 Spanish Flu. All part of the bigger plan.