Creepy From Top to Bottom

Assigned Reading: Reid says Obama told him, ‘I Have a Gift’
(FROM: Associated Press)

I couldn’t help but to point to this article. As I pointed out in the hastily-crafted headline here, it’s just creepy from top to bottom.

It doesn’t take a genius to understand that our president might have a slight ego problem. Honestly, I’d wager than anyone who has developed the following he has would find it difficult to fight off a little excess pride.

That being said, two parts of this AP article in particular did not sit well with me. Of course, given the president and first lady’s history of solipsistic tendencies, it shouldn’t be surprising in the least — but I just got creeped out, for lack of a better word. The two parts:

First, the manner in which Reid recalls the president explaining himself:

Reid, D-Nev., writes: “‘That speech was phenomenal, Barack,’ I told him. And I will never forget his response. Without the barest hint of braggadocio or conceit, and with what I would describe as deep humility, he said quietly: ‘I have a gift, Harry.’”

Second, the frank assessment by Reid about Obama’s presidential possibilities:

Reid said he talked to Obama in 2006 about running for president, and that Obama expressed doubts about his ability to win.

“I was resolved to stay neutral in the coming campaign, but I told him that in my view the stars could align for him. ‘If you want to be president, you can be president now,’ I said.

Granted, I don’t much listen to anything that the Senate Majority Leader says. He just doesn’t carry that much weight. Here, though, the manner in which he writes about the Savior of the Left is nothing short of startling.

There’s nothing wrong with being confident in yourself. I have friends who are proficient in martial arts and carry themselves well because of it. I know a few people who can work miracles with old muscle cars (as you’ll learn tomorrow). And I’m fairly confident about my writing ability if given the time to put something down on paper without having to hurry. But under no circumstances would I, or any of these other people, say that we “have a gift.”

Unless you’re Miss Cleo, that phrase is something that other people tell you. “You have a gift,” they’ll say, after you carve a breathtakingly perfect miniature reproduction of Michelangelo’s David out of a bar of Lever 2000. “You have a gift,” they’ll tell you, after you stop a charging water buffalo with your mind.

It might just be me, and I might just be making a mountain out of a molehill, but I cannot understand how someone can say something so darned egotistical while maintaining an air of “deep humility.” Regardless, that assessment, along with the inevitability with which Reid spoke of an Obama presidency, just rubs me the wrong way.

Comments

1. Laurie says:

Well Jeff….what’s the old saying…”If ya can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bulls**t.” Knowing when to do that is truly a “gift”…although I think there has been more BS than brilliance from this whole administration.

Sen. Harry Reid likely misspoke. It is hard to speak clearly with one’s brain being sorely limited and one’s tongue being busy licking the Presidential heinies.

3. Dee says:

BO’s respone does not sound very humble to me. I don’t think he is a very humble man and that he is deserving of all the adulation. Yesterday I saw a picture that is being released today of BO with his arms spread out like Jesus on the cross and a crown of thorns on his head. I couldn’t decide if it was a farce or not. Either way, I did not think it appropriate and thought that if BO sees it he should make a statement that he does not see himself in that image. However, I doubt that will happen.
    Good luck on your exams, Jeff.

4. MOMBASA MESSIAH says:

He is obviously virgin born, hence no birth certificate.

He’s got a “gift” alright. The only question is “where did that gift come from?”

If I were to construct a list of others across history with a similar “gift”, I don’t think that any sane person would want to be on that list. Massive destruction and chaos has always been the result of their reign.

The primary characteristic of these “gifted” persons is undisguised malignant narcicissim. Obama shows this characteristic in spades.

Old Bob

It would have been more accurate had Obama said, “I have a teleprompter.”

But then, maybe TelePrompTer WAS a gift!

7. Let us move forward says:

On Texas Darlin is a discussion about the “crown of thorns”, Mr. O, presidential seal painting.

The names of news organizations superimposed on the Obama image are not immediately obvious. Also notice the little smile. The painting is to be viewed from a booth based on a voting booth. You are supposed to read into the painting whatever you wish.

There is also supposed to be a sculpture of Mr. O on a donkey (Dem symbol!) with people holding Palms before him.

Are these works of art sarcasm? A case could be made for it. Do they also imply that he will be “sacrificed” in some way?

The religious symbolism has got to be disturbing to nearly all people. I was frankly shocked when I first saw the painting. My spouse said that the painting is insulting to everyone.

8. POTUS AND TOTUS SITTIN IN A TREE says:

good one Gail!

9. tm says:

The “One” speaks with a forked tongue.

10. Linda says:

Arrogance personified. A characteristic that I do not want in a president. Pride, yes. Confidence, yes. But arrogance is quite another thing.

11. SUCH A GOLDEN TONE ON HIM says:

Linda, pride yes, but not black-pride…. oh excuse me, half-black pride.

12. amomx4 says:

Well, if you all think THAT is disturbing, read this:

I'm thinking about finding an uninhabited island somewhere and starting a new country. Anyone want to join me?

13. LAST ONE OUT HIT THE LIGHT (Al Gore) says:

amomx4, I will readily go with you. Can we follow the 28 principles in the 5,000 year leap? PLEASE

Linda, the only thing that Obama is proud of was evidenced in his statement, “I won.”

I would rather eat beans than be financed by the likes of his friends.

TODAY I put the check in the mail to pay my property taxes. I file my income tax returns. Those are just facts, not pride. It’s what everyone does–well, unless you’re being considered for a Cabinet position!

Why doesn’t AKA Obama speak about his friends? He doesn’t want us to know who his friends are, any more than he wants to release proof of eligibility to be POTUS.

Rix is right! Senator Reid likely misspoke. Think about it.

Have to finish up working on the lawnmower. I may need those grass clippings for a salad.

I have said from day one that BO is narcissist! He fits the profile perfectly! Denotes vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness. I can’t hardly watch him on TV. The way he saunters into a room makes me throw up in my mouth a little!!!

16. HE'S A LOSER says:

TOTUS pulled a fast one on Barry today…. ha ha ha…. what a HOOT. Barry is soooooo dumbfounded when he can’t follow a SCRIPT. He couldn’t even handle a part in High School Musical. WHAT A DORK.

17. goddessdivine says:

Obama thinks he is God’s gift to mankind. (Oh wait, does he actually believe in God?) Humility and Barack are not two words I would use in a sentence (unless the word ‘humility’ were prefaced with ‘lacking in’.)

18. GUESSWHAT says:

Yeah, a “gift for lying and cheating”! Thats all Obama has done since running for office, lie
    and cheat!! We already know about his “gift”. What surprises me the most is that the people still believe all his lies and schemes.
    Don’t they yet know where Obama is
    taking this country?? “Wake Up”!