New Energy Bill Could Mean Lights-Out for American Business

Under Barack Obama’s leadership, the United States of America will soon look like some sort of bizarro Field of Dreams — if you tax it, they will leave.

I saw this interview this morning and, as always, was left impressed with Arizona Congressman John Shadegg, about as solid a conservative as there is. Unfortunately, I was also left shaking my head, wondering how anyone would want to do business in the United States once these Draconian pseudo-environmental measures are put into place by the Obama administration and its Congress.

Why would any business entity want to put itself in a situation where they could be considered liable for perceived harm due to global warming, an unsettled scientific theory more about socialist aftereffects than planetary concern?

President Obama, and liberals in general, need to learn a valuable lesson — the more government gets involved in something, the less of that something we all will have. With regard to national security, the more the government gets involved in regulating intelligence-gathering measures, the less likely people will put themselves on the line to gather intelligence, and the less secure we all will be. With regard to Wall Street, the more the federal government involves itself in executive pay and the daily goings-on in the banking industry, the less likely that industry will be brought out of this quagmire by talented individuals, and the less prosperity we all will see.

Our first president was fond of saying that the federal government is like fire — useful if contained and used for certain, limited endeavors, but deadly to all if left unchecked and allowed to rage out of control. These environmental measures in particular show just how far our federal government is willing to reach, and just how sneakily they intend to get there.

Bad news for everybody. Spread the word.

Comments

1. tm says:

I really think all these moves have gone over the line and I fear now that we are being held hostage by this idiot.

the republicans and the decent democrats should do something about the cia. other gov institutions etc wreck havock , ….. this smell like communist purges

BLACKMAILED?

Is this President being blackmailed by someone from the outside who knows his past?

Don’t laugh, there’s many who predicted this would be the case.

One day he has his Chief of Staff tell the press that the administration is “forward looking” and not interested in prosecuting the Bush Administration for crimes against humanity…. twenty four hours later he’s reversed his stance and now saying he’s keeping all options open about going after those folks who gave the orders. Did someone get to him? This is not good folks…

Americans are being held hostage, but not necessarily by this president.

4. COULDN'T GET ANY MORE STUPID says:

These idiots! look at Europe and the Kyoto treaty…. they set goals and now see there is no way in HELL to meet those goals, it is a hopeless game they play. And science now indicates the earth is cooling, ice is regenerating, etc… so BACK OFF IDIOTS. And if China and India don’t join in this farce you accomplish NOTHING anyway. IDIOTS! IDIOTS! IDIOTS!

o. has no business being in the government business–unqualified as well as uneducated– and uninformed as to the American way of life. He doesn’t desire a Constitutional Republic. He only seeks to destroy it.

It really is a dangerous situation with the C.I.A. and the vulnerability he is creating in all areas.

There has to be a breaking point with all of this dangerous nonsense. Hopefully there is still time to unravel all the wrong doing.

6. 757 DOWN IN THE ROCKIES says:

I’ll watch my electricity use when Piglosi quits flying her private 757 (courtesy of Uncle Sam) back and forth to her hell hole of a District in CA. I HATE HYPOCRISY.

Is there no end to the harm that Obama wants to do to this country? Every day there is a something new. I just hope we can get something done to stop it before it is too late. It is unbelievable that so many people are still defending him and think that what he is doing is going to be good for us. I don’t get it.

Jeff Schreiber can tell you folks that I have been absolutely stressed-out since Obama and his regime stepped in on January 20.

Out of the kindness of his heart, he has read many of my comments and not put them up. That’s fine; I vented anyway. Sometimes I’ll email him just before I give it up for the night, just to tell him what’s bothering me so I can sleep. I am very thankful for him. He’s a very kind man.

I will be 69 years of age on Saturday. Folks, life has NEVER been like this before! Our government has never been this overbearing. Congressmen and Congresswomen have never been so deaf before, so hateful before, so bitter towards the American people. When someone calls a citizens’ protest “teabagging,” that tells me a lot about his character! I’m pretty broadminded, but when a news anchor comes out with the expression and laughs, I am offended!

Our president has never been so self-centered as AKA is. Every time he opens his mouth, he sticks his foot in it. I can no longer trust anything he says, and I question his motives.

I have never been so disappointed in a political party as I am in the liberal Democratic Party.

Oh, the buzz word now for liberal is progressive. Well, cancer is progressive, too. And, I think that is what we have in the White House–a cancer, a killing disease. Our Republic seems to be on its deathbed, and the Republicans cannot get their act together to bring about some unity.

I wish that today, TODAY, mind you, that someone would announce his or her candidacy for president for the 2012 election! It would at least give us somebody to get behind to put into office!

I was able to live on my social security until Obama came with his bright ideas. Now, I doubt it. Does he care? Hell, NO!

9. goddessdivine says:

I saw this on the news this morning as well. My jaw dropped, and I too shook my head. Can we really be that stupid to let something like this pass?

With the rapid movement towards wind generation and electric cars, what happens to the grid when the wind stops? Is my science wrong or has the administration found a secret way to store wind generated electrical power? Do they pump it into a cave and use it later?? I predict large brown and blackouts within 5-10 years. The large conflagration has now been lit and we best find a way to stop the fire, and soon. We cannot wait 4 years. We have in 100 days become the laughing stock of the modern world.

11. psydog says:

If this flies we are surely doomed. I seriously think the American public will not stand for this much longer. These politicians need to get their heads out of their a%@es and do the right thing and stop this nonsense that they call government!! They are absolutely correct when they say everything will cost more – cigarettes just went up, I bet they go up double, once for manufacturing and again for the pollution caused by smoking them. Yikes they may even tax us for farting!!!

They don’t want independent business. THAT’S OBVIOUS. Daily, the evidence presents itself as such. ONE WORLD ORDER run by the global elite with the American people their slaves.

Look at how American families live in what was the most economically sound country. Corporations run on 1 person doing the job of 2-1/2 people. It now takes BOTH adults in a household to make ends meet. This is all part of the design.

A Rockefeller (one of the globalists), who befriended Aaron Russo (a Hollywood filmmaker turned politician) told him the women’s movement was all about splitting up the families and getting more tax dollars from the additional salaries. There are YouTube videos of Aaron’s interview with Alex Jones to this effect.

Alan Keyes, former U.N. Ambassador and Presidential candidate last year, warns us of what to come at a recent reception in Ft. Wayne. He believes there may not be a 2012 election.

Don’t know about you, Psydog, but I’m thinking about buying stock in Bean-O!

If you’re not already angry, check this out from WND!

Off Topic, but–

I just received this from a retired U.S. Marshal that I went to high school with:

Subject: Important-USA Today Poll on Guns

Our new Attorney General has already said this is one of his major issues. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time. Then pass the link on to all the pro gun folks you know. Hopefully these results will be published later this month. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court accepting the District of Columbia case against the right for individuals to bear arms.
    First – vote on this one. Second – launch it to other folks and have THEM vote – then we will see if the results get published. Vote in the USA Today poll – click on the link below.

The Question is: Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms? Vote here: (Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    For those against the bearing of arms you also have a chance to vote. Here’s the link:

15. Bodenzee says:

Gail,

I share your concern. I can feel nothing but disgust for Barry, but right now my anger is directed toward the Republican party because they allowed this dangerous imposter to get to where he is. I last voted for a president when I voted for Barry Goldwater in 1964. Since then all the Republican party has given me to vote for is best described as ‘least worse’ candidates.

How can the Republican party fix this?
    - Choose a candidate on the basis of true capability, not politics
    - Expel the fanatics
    - Educate the electorate
    - Create an honest intelligent media

Candidates are being chosen for reasons other that who is best. I guess McCain was nominated because it was his turn…bad choice. He’s not mentally quick, he doesn’t speak well, and he all but anchored his graduating class. I’m not impressed with Michael Steele either…what has he done since becoming chairman? We need bright, dynamic people. The Republicans need to put forward a superb candidate who isn’t advocating special interest agendas but instead is determined to truly repair this nation.

The Republican party has been hijacked, and split by the religious fanatics. For those that want religion, they can also go to church; it’s not an either, or issue. If you want to repair this nation follow our Constitution. More rational folks will rejoin the Republican party, than fanatics who leave.

Perhaps more important is to educate the voters…all of them. Most of the Democrats that I speak with can’t articulate a reason for voting for Barry other than ‘change.’ Republicans seem to be similarly ignorant about anything meaningful about their candidates. In many cases voters can’t name the candidates they voted for other than for president. To ask them to cite candidate’s specific ideas, concepts, etc produces a blank stare. This is not surprising given the low quality of our educators. Certainly there are some good teachers, but as a group they are abysmal. As a group, at the time of matriculation as ed majors they have some of the lowest SAT scores. When I was in school those that couldn’t graduate in the more difficult majors after several changes of major finally graduated as teachers. This is sad.

Most importantly, until the Republicans control the media or find a way to force it to be honest there’s no hope. Today the media selects our ‘leaders’ They eviscerate the candidates they oppose while choosing to not accurately report any negative aspects of their chosen candidates. Coupling this with a non-discerning and under informed electorate gives us voters that drink from the trough the media sets before them.

I may not be here to vote in 2012 or 2016, but I am petrified to think of the situation my children and grandchildren must face because at the rate this nation is ‘changing’ There may no longer be a United States of America. I hold the dysfunctional Republican party responsible.

Green with envy.

With regards to the wind energy hooplah…they don’t want that to work either. Much like Amtrak. These “turbine folks” qualify for OUR tax dollars to manufacture these turbines, “install” and maintain them, but NO ONE seems to care that there is no infrastructure in place to capture and/or store this energy, much less figure out how to connect to a grid and transport it. But, hey…we’re creating jobs and lots of wind!

Seems like it’s just another bridge to nowhere.

17. POWER DOWN FOLKS says:

Question: they have a fit if we put out AAA’s in the trash…. where are all these car batteries going when past prime? And those windmills are going to quite often need maintenance. I’ve read Britain hates the damned things. And I just read the environmentalists don’t want the desert junked up with solar panels because of some scorpions and snakes…. it never ends with those folks.

Do you suppose the regressive Dems never heard the wise old saying, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it?”

AKA Obama and his regime know that the energy bill is going to suck money from our wallets, too, not just those of business owners. The intent is to keep the recession going. They can’t afford to let a crisis go to waste!

Psydog observed: “Yikes they may even tax us for farting!!!”

Well then I am ruined entirely.

JV

Off topic, but two thoughts in my subconscious just collided.

AKA Obama said that America is not a Christian nation, yet the Pledge of Allegiance refutes his statement.

Happy Birthday, Gail B. Please find some assurance that the people are starting to wake up and fight back. I love your patriotism and find myself coming here to see not only what Jeff has to say, but what’s on your mind, as well. When it’s time for you to go to sleep, know that you put in a good fight today, and that millions of other patriots are watching out for you. Don’t loose heart, faith, or sleep over this nonsense. A patriot’s prayer is always heard for it comes from our God given right to freedom.

22. OVER A BARREL says:

You know what, I agree with the blackmail comment way up top. Something really smells wrong here.

Thank you, Anonymous at 1:57 p.m. Thank you VERY much!

I pray for all Americans, for all Patriots, for all who sign in as Anonymous and other screen names, for Jeff (that he ace his exams and get through school without a hitch so that he can move to SC soon), and yes, even for AKA Obama and his minions (that God will hear their denial and make believers out of them), and for our Republic to withstand the attack it is under from within.

Rix, you’re so smart that I have to wait until the afternoon–to give my brain time to wake up enough–to read and understand your thoughts. I nearly fell out off my chair when you said that English is your THIRD LANGUAGE!

Many others who make comments really shed light on things that often could slip by unnoticed. And they make comments that open other lines of thinking. This is WONDERFUL! This is “free speech!”

I just had an idea: If we could get someone to write a resolution for AKA Obama to produce his proof of eligibility, due to the enormity of legal actions from all across the country from every angle imaginable, those who opposed the resolution could be named in a lawsuit as co-conspirators in a cover-up designed to usurp the office of POTUS. (You get the idea. I’d have to play with those words to make legal sense.)

I thank the Good Lord above every day for America’s Right, for all its contributors, for Jeff, and for everybody who makes a comment.

OVER A BARREL–

Absolutely! It smells funny in Congress; it smells funny in the courts; it smells funny in the Cabinet; it smells funny in the agenda; and Obama himself doesn’t have the money to move all this. I’ve said all along that he is only a puppet. What I don’t understand is, why didn’t the person or people behind him select someone who is eligible to sit at the Resolute Desk?!

I no more believe that Obama is a citizen of the United States (much less a natural-born citizen!) than I believe Buckshot understands German! (But he can spell–last night I spelled “spaghetti” to someone over the phone. Bucky got down out of his chair, came over and sat up and licked his lips!)