This is 2009, not 1984

Report: FBI was actively monitoring Tax Day Tea Party protests

By Rick Saunders & Jeff Schreiber
America’s Right

Yesterday, White House adviser David Axelrod suggested that the “TEA Party” phenomenon which started sweeping the country last week was an “unhealthy” reaction to tough economic times.

Given the leftist pedigree Axelrod flaunts, that statement should come as no surprise, if not an outright compliment to the many concerned Americans who took time off from work to voice their opinions. Regardless of how taken, it only further underscores the fundamental intellectual hostility toward America and Americans who love their country and Constitution recently demonstrated by folks like Axelrod, DHS Commandante Janet Napolitano and, of course, The Chosen One himself.

Those who attended these gatherings, or even merely supported them from the sidelines, were Americans from all walks of life who are simply trying to regain control of their government from hijackers who now seem bent on ransoming the Constitution and burdening present and future generations with taxes, debt and deficits which, according to Peter Orszag, Obama’s own budget guru (is he still employed there?) “are ultimately not sustainable.”

Apparently fearing that the arguments of these “rightwing domestic terrorists” will actually gain traction with the larger population, they are now being vilified–with the help of the propagandists and juvenile potty-mouths at CNN, MSNBC and other media outlets–as somehow constituting a threat to the nation. A more pathetic inversion of logic and deflection of responsibility for the current state of the union would be difficult to conceive. After all, one would think that an administration as narcissistic as the one now in office would at least have periodic occasion–say, hourly–to gaze into a mirror and see the truth, however dimly.

Ominously, Pamela Geller’s excellent Web blog, Atlas Shrugs, now reports that late last month, a confidential directive was issued by the FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C. to each of the 56 FBI field offices located across the United States instructing the Special Agents in Charge of those offices to verify the date, time and location of each Tea Party within their region and supply that information back to headquarters. More troublesome, the directive is asserted to have instructed each field office agent in charge to obtain or confirm the identity of the individuals involved in the actual planning and coordination of the events in each specific region, and include the local or regional Internet Web site address, if any. Could instructions to videotape the events and the attendees have also been included? The FBI has apparently neither confirmed nor denied the report, so whether it is accurate or not, only time will tell.

However, if true, know that when the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security begin instituting measures against everyday Americans that come straight out of 1984, you can bet the farm that something is rotten in D.C. Very rotten. It is bad enough that The Chosen One and his sycophants believe him to be new Messiah; it would be far worse if that status actually evolved into Big Brother and/or Big Brother-worship. The world has seen enough of that already.

This is absolutely chilling, and along with the underlying sentiments evidenced in the DHS assessment released last week, shows how much the tide has turned and just how quickly it has done so. American citizens simply concerned for the future of their nation, not to mention the future of their own children and grandchildren, are doing everything they can to make their opinions known, a critical component of a represenative republic like this one.

After all, for a republic like ours to function correctly, the representatives must truly be representing their constituents, and given the amount of reckless spending and damaging policy we’ve seen over the past 90 days alone, this is not a properly functioning republic.

Were similar FBI directives issued with regard to Code Pink rallies? For Lyndon LaRouche pamphlet-o-ramas? For the traveling throngs of the unshowered who followed former President Bush to nearly every appearance outside our nation’s capital? We certainly can hope so. Still, given the inequity with regard to how “rightwing extremists” and “leftwing activists” were treated in the DHS assessments, the chances are truly slim.

In the meantime, try not to think about how taxpayer dollars were spent on FBI surveillance of people who want the federal government to be more responsible with taxpayer dollars. That’s enough to make your head explode.

(NOTE: I spoke with Pam Geller this morning. Besides being a very nice woman–she and I share the honor of being on DHS’ list of right-wing extremists–she reiterated her confidence in her sourcing on this. These are indeed scary times we live in. — Jeff)

—————
Rick Saunders is a freelance writer who splits his time between endeavors in southern California and the American southwest. He began writing for America’s Right in December 2008. Jeff Schreiber started America’s Right in January 2008.

Comments

1. rdansie says:

That was a wonderful article. I truly am stunned by the effort this administration is putting forth to try and squash this awakening. I think their extreme effort indicates their increased concern about the potential for others to finally open their eyes to the socialistic fastrack we’re on.

I don’t know who to credit for the following, but I love it:

“If you believe that the only reason you have first amendment rights, is because you have second amendment rights… then you might be a Rightwing Extremist”

Axelrod on Sunday said the White House is “not at all” afraid of the National Rifle Association.

I’ll ask anyone, what precipitated that? Why would he need to say something like that???

Obama, Emanuel, Axelrod, Holder and the rest of the clan are flaunting their power. They are shoving it in all of our faces and basically daring us to do something about it. It’s the most disgusting behaviour I’ve ever witnessed in politics. The sad thing is they do have the power. They are are pushing destructive legislation through faster than it can be properly challenged.

2. Courtney says:

I live in Paducah, KY and our tea party was in Dolly McNutt plaza outside the courthouse. About 15 minutes before the tea party, I witnessed a Federal I.R.A.T. (I believe this stands for Immediate Response Assessment Team) speeding towards downtown &, I must assume, the tea party. Just a few blocks down, I noticed another black federal vehicle parked on a side street facing traffic. I can only guess that they were monitoring traffic heading in the direction of the tea party.

So, it seems, that our tea party warranted attention from the feds.

I'm currently re-reading 1984. I never dreamed the first time I read it (years and years ago) that I might actually live to see this happen in my lifetime.

Now that you mention it,as I was driving to the Tea Party in Austin; the second of the day, I noticed approximately four to five police cars parked on a street several blocks from the Capitol. Several men with black SWAT uniforms were in the process of getting out of their cars. There was no activity on this particular street to have warranted these cars and agents. It’s just curious.

That proves my point, yet again, that Obama’s gang doesn’t give a rat’s arse what the public thinks of them. Like an investor who can control a company by holding onto mere 30-40% of the stock, Obamites believe that they have an iron grip on the election process by having 30-40% of the electorate safely in their pocket. Their concern for “peaceful opposition” is so low that they can, at this point, pass the ropes to the underlings (media, FBI, and courts) and concentrate on more pressing concerns, i.e. getting their hands onto as much public money as possible.

I’ll reiterate yet again, in vain hope that the message will eventually sink: those who plan for 2010/2012 comeback are in for one bitter disappointment.

“If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal.” (Emma Goldman)

A friend who attended the Atlanta rally called me the next morning to tell me that he saw FBI agents taking photographs of license plates! The DC FBI directive told them to find out who attended all of the rallies, and one way to do that was to get the tag numbers of the cars parked at the events.

I didn’t go to the rally only because of night blindness. I don’t drive at night on roads I’m not familiar with, and Atlanta traffic becomes a nightmare when someone gets in the wrong lane!

I heard on WSB Talk Radio (Atlanta) this morning when a man called in from a small northeast Georgia town that the county commissioners are making it illegal to gather at the courthouse for demonstrations in the future and told the law enforcement agencies to enforce it. The caller said that he would file suit to challenge the constitutionality of the ordinance which seeks to prevent redress by the citizens.

I’m going to try to find the story about it which appeared in the town’s local newspaper. Will come back later with the link if I find it.

Are we having fun yet?!

6. COME AND GET ME says:

SCREW ALL OF YOU.

7. sharon says:

Do we need anymore proof that they have agenda? I guess we showed them what a peaceful American loving protest was all about….. that is what they need, to get the “law abiding” reasonable individuals in check…. Too bad for them, I have a feeling they have not seen anything yet…

8. RUBY RIDGE RING A BELL? says:

Hunker down patriots!

You’re SURPRISED the FBI watched the Tea Parties???

The FBI watched John Lennon. They had managed to amass a rather FAT file (over 300pgs) during 1971-72, including lyrics to many of Lennon’s songs the gov’t found quite disturbing.

The Nixon Administration attempted to deport him after Lennon announced publicly he planned to campaign against him in 1972 election.

Makes you scratch your head and wonder why they aren’t investigating Obama and his cronies. Let’s see who’s a bigger threat to the security of the United States…peaceful tea party gatherings or the loose cannon sitting in the White House?

FINALLY!

From the The Northeast Georgia is the article about the county commissioners passing an ordinance against public gatherings at the courthouse and asking the sheriff’s department to enforce it.

Interesting reading!

COME AND GET ME said…

SCREW ALL OF YOU.”

Me, too! I’m old (by my grandchildren’s standards, but I can run! And I inherited the ability to bitch about most anything from my mother, may she rest in peace!

12. GATOR-1 says:

If we do not move very quickly and carefully…..Rix may be right…

The next parties I have heard of are for the 4th of July….This is too long!

Memorial Day should be our next goal of gatherings…The more we gather the more Press we will get.

They say they are not overly concerned about our small gatherings, yet their actions say different. If they are not concerned Why all the intelligence gathering?

No…I say they know full well the people are not happy and the intimidation is only there to try and quell the disturbance so to speak.

What will they do when they run all those tags and find the majority are Law abiding citizens who have not a speck of a crimminal record?

I say the TEA protests were very successful….The Admin. proved it by their own actions and accusations of the motivatons of those involved.

In these first TEA protests the TEA stood for taxed enough already…

They respond with “I dont understand, we just cut taxes to 95% of Americans” Utter BS as we know.

I say TEA changes to “Teach Every American” and we gather at every opportunity and tell the truth.

The Truth and nothing but the Truth, that is what scares them the most anyway.

Do not be intimidated…..Stand together and tell the TRUTH….over and over and over again…..Just like Jeff does.

BLESSINGS PATRIOTS…….

13. Dee says:

As much as BO acts like this doesn’t bother him, I think he and his crew are somewhat worried. However, I think the next presidential election will be run by his friends and they will make it very difficult for anyone from the Republican side to win. I hope I am wrong. The people who voted for him feel that he is the saviour.
    I can hardly wait to be on the “Most wanted” list. It’s quiet around here since I retired.

14. Courtney says:

Interesting article that includes a link to a youtube video by Bob Basso – “We The People Stimulus Package”

And I wasn’t surprised at all that the tea parties were being watched. Kind of expected it after the DHS advisory. Makes one wonder if they’re setting the stage for martial law.

15. CrystalD says:

Imagine the consternation when the "Tea Party Report" is delivered to Rham Ballerina Emanuel from Napolitano!

Expecting to find a "network" with a "Soros-type" providing the funding, instead they will validate the fact that the "Tea Parties" were organized by hundreds of "Joe & Jane Doe, addresses : Everytown, USA", with hundreds of web sites, all across AMERICA.

The first "Tea Party Report" will be kicked back with orders to go "find the network and the funding"

This should keep them occupied while REAL terrorists proceed unmolested.

16. SEARCH YOUR SOULS says:

Any true patriots currently in the FBI need to resign. Do not combat your fellow citizens when it comes to that!

I decided the only way I could fully vent my anger was to write to “Mz” Napolitano. Here’s my letter; perhaps others would care to do the same. DHS and FBI need to know it is NOT okay to trample upon the rights of law-abiding citizens!

Secretary Janet Napolitano April 17, 2009
    Department of Homeland Security
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    Washington, DC 20528

Mz. Napolitano,

I am writing to you today to express my outrage at your incredibly arrogant and ignorant actions to allow the release of the most-biased, discriminatory, anti-civil rights piece of crap ever to come out of a federal government agency!

Lady, let me tell you who I am: I am a believer in Jesus Christ, the Ten Commandments, the rule of law (including only legal immigration!), the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, Second Amendment rights, the sanctity of human life starting in the womb, fair taxation, and a marriage only between a man and a woman. And you have the unmitigated, completely-off-the-wall gall to call me a “domestic terrorist”!

As a retired federal employee, I never abrogated or in any way retrieved my oath as a federal employee to “support and defend the U.S. Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” It is in support of the Constitution as the supreme law of this land, that I declare to you that YOU, Mz. Napolitano, are the right-wing extremist that you so hypocritically castigated and marginalized in your incredible and despicable memo. Even your own civil rights employees tried to warn you against the civil rights violations that were all over that memo. What fascist mentality you must obviously possess to even think, let alone publish, such a horrendous assault upon the rights of freedom-loving, law-abiding American citizens! I have to ask: what planet did you just step off of, Mz. Napolitano? What were you thinking? Who the hell are you?

You are a disgrace to all the precepts and principles set forth in the founding fathers’ documents of this country, to everything that is good, orderly and decent, and you need to step down NOW! You do not deserve to hold public office, let alone serve as the head of a federal agency. You have trampled upon millions of American citizens, and have slaughtered and greatly impugned the reputation of our great military veterans.

One last thing: before you step down, get down on your knees and APOLOGIZE TO AMERICA!

Fighting and mad as hell,

An American Citizen and Patriot

Agree that we should not wait until July 4th for another gathering–too much time passage. Memorial Day would be much better.

Also agree about my former governor Napolitano. She needs to go now!

In addition, Republicans, Independents and others do need to immediately start to get the right candidates in front of the people before 2010 and 2012–if there is even enough time and leeway to do it.

Anonymous letter to Napolitano:

That was fabulous…we need you writing to newspapers, MSM, Letters to the Editor, CNN (Anderson Cooper)James ‘snakehead’ Carville. You express yourself very well and we need the voices out there presenting your thoughts and you may be doing that already. I agree with Gator-1 that we need another Tea Party before the 4th of July and Memorial Day would be perfect! We need to let them know that this is not a one-time thing. They are worried enough to monitor our activities so we are making waves. God Bless America!

20. PATRICK HENRY says:

As for ME, GIVE ME LIBERTY, OR GIVE ME DEATH!

21. PAUL REVERE says:

1 if by FBI, 2 if by DHS!

22. CALLING ALL COLONISTS says:

That photo makes my heart proud. For a brief moment in time my hatred for this government eased.

READ “THE REAL GEORGE WASHINGTON”!!

23. 1774, some farmers in Farmington Connecticut says:

“… the present ministry [King George], being instigated by the devil and led by their wicked and corrupt hearers have a design to take away our liberties and properties, and to enslave us forever.”

24. boatergirl says:

COME AND GET ME said, “Hey NSA, FBI, DHS, record my IP address, and if ya want, I’ll give you my home phone, cell phone, street address. my long form birth certificate, WHATEVER.

SCREW ALL OF YOU.”

I’m with you!! I’ve had it with our Constitution, flag and freedoms being trampled on! I will continue to write, hold my signs up and send my tea bags in and I’ll wave at the FBI as I do it!

25. roger says:

Is this today’s version of Nixon’s enemies list?

26. boatergirl says:

To All Elected and Appointed Officials:

I am a “Right-wing Extremist” and here’s why:

I believe in Jesus Christ as God’s only son.
    I believe in the 10 Commandments
    I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman
    I believe in the U.S. Constitution
    I believe in the Bill of Rights
    I believe in the Declaration of Independence
    I believe in the 2nd Amendment Rights
    I believe in the Freedom of Speech
    I believe in the Freedom of Religion
    I believe in the rights of an unborn child in the womb

I BELIEVE THAT AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH

Apparently, by believing in the above statements I have earned the right to be called lewd names, spied on by the FBI, mocked by the main stream media and targeted by Homeland Security. Never mind that I have been a working member of society since I was 14 years old, that I have paid my taxes on time, have never collected un-employment but as a business owner have paid my un-employment taxes, have voted in every major election and have never had a run in with the law. I have never had so much as a parking ticket! But today I am classified as a terrorist!

Last week, I participated in my first protest in my 50 years of life. I witnessed a crowd of 5,000 concerned patriots as they lifted their signs in defense of their beloved country and Constitution. There were no lewd chants, there was no violence, and no out-of-control crowds. There were many concerned citizens who think that government has gotten out of control and no longer represents “We the People” and whose spending is not in the best interest of the United States. These were people of all races, of all economic and social status, of all different ages and from all different walks of life. They were there for one purpose – to exercise their (and my) right to protest and defend the USA and it’s Constitution.

Yes, the event was opened with prayer. By the way, the pastor was excellent and very well-spoken and black! There was not racism at this event – just Americans wanting to voice their concern.

So as people elected to your position by “We the People” it is time that you started listening instead of condemning. Unless, there is REAL CHANGE THAT WE CAN BELIEVE IN, there will be change at the voting booths that you will be forced to live with, because the last time I checked, voting was still an American right!

27. Ken says:

I think it would be wise for the astute scholars and writers of America’s Right to draw up a carefully documented list of differences between these actions of the Obama administration and the threats of a takeover of the Internet, and the acts of the Bush administration regarding the “illegal wiretaps” and the scrutiny of the telephone activity of people in America, seeking to avert a real terrorist threat after 9/11/01. Some of us may not be able to effectively argue with those who would say that Bush’s actions were as bad as, or worse than Obama’s current actions, and plans for the future of communications in America. Please help us.

koji.san CA.

28. EYES ALWAYS MOVING says:

1 if by black SUV’s, 2 if by black helicopters.

29. tm says:

I served my country in military service, and vowed to protect and serve the freedoms of the US. I hold this vow dear, even now. I will never understand why the government will sit by ,(some of whom also took these very same vows of service in the military) and watch this trainwreck of hypocrisy. I fervently believe that these dark times above us right now are very short lived. The American people will prevail.

30. Celia in Tx says:

Boatergirl, where were you? Just wondering because it sounds the same as where I was….Houston.

Also, while I was walking to the Tea Party site, I saw a Homeland Security truck.

31. boatergirl says:

Celia in Tx -

I was in Lansing, MI and it was a great day for the patriots. I hope there are more just like it soon.

I did not notice any Homeland Security vehicles…but then I was still in sweet “ignorance” thinking it was a free country!

For those of us who need to educate ourselves, George Orwell’s book, 1984, is available for free download at Planet eBook. It’s one of a collection of about 60 classic books, available to share.

33. CAL says:

Where would the orders to monitor the TEA Parties originate? The FBI is still headed by Robert Mueller I believe – a Bush appointee.

You idiot, Mueller has a boss.

Don’t you find it a bit strange–or is it just me?–that AKA Obama declared that he didn’t know anything about the Tea Parties?

Now I understand that I am naive about a lot of things, but for the man sitting behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office to say that he was unaware of a national protest underway, that says a LOT to me regarding his COMPETENCE to govern and regarding OUR NATIONAL SECURITY!

The last I heard, AKA has a cabinet that meets every morning to keep him informed of what is going on in the United States and around the world.

The last I heard, our borders are porous and afford the ENEMY to enter freely, but I guess that neither he nor Homeland Security know about that, either.

The last I heard, legislation is on its way through Congress (the Hate Crimes Bill) to make Christianity illegal in the long run. Is that the reason the initials for Jesus were covered with a piece of plywood painted black at Georgetown University in preparation for AKA’s speech? As a Christian, I would have EXPECTED the initials to have been seen; but as a Muslim, I would have wanted them covered.

And, while in London, I would have made a point to visit Abbey Church of St. Peter, Westminster, or commonly “Westminster Abby,” where Queen Elizabeth was coronated, over the option of bowing to a Muslim king.

The most absurd remark I’ve heard lately was that from San Fran Nan’s own plastic lips when she accused the Tea Parties as being an AstroTurf movement sponsored by big businesses to protest their being taxed. Not one sign advocated that thought! (Wonder why SHE didn’t tell AKA about the protest?!)

And, to say that they didn’t know anything about it? Well, the Federal Bureau of Investigation knew about it!

But, that’s just my thinking. Maybe I haven’t had my Kool-Aid for today.

36. boatergirl says:

Gail B: I agree with you! It’s all a little strange but then BO has been so busy jetting all over the world bowing and shaking hands with our enemies how could he keep track of it all? He is spending the majority of his time weakening America and our defenses by revealing all of our security secrets to our enemies, sharing coffee and donuts with them, opening our banks to them and spending all of our children and grandchildren’s future earnings. How in the world would he have time to notice Tea Parties happening all over America?

Oh my! I must have missed my glass of Kool-Aid today too!

I hope they got a pic of me picking my nose…thhhhpppttt….