‘Red Eye’ Slams MSM Coverage of Tea Parties

I thought this was pretty entertaining. Fox News Channel’s “Red Eye” show, which airs at 3:00 a.m., is more often than not on television when I go to sleep after studying or adding content to America’s Right. It took some getting used to–it grows on you like a good album, or unwanted fungus–but Greg Gutfeld and his revolving crew of guests usually provide some pretty good satire and humor.

In this case, he and comedian Jim Norton absolutely excoriated the mainstream media’s coverage of the Tax Day Tea Party protests. Norton, a veteran of the New York City comedy circuit and the Opie & Anthony radio program, is just about the dirtiest comic you can find, but is nonetheless fantastic and shows some of that here. I only hope that his increasing presence on Fox News (he did a “Hannity” appearance a while back) will lead him to integrate political issues more into his act.

Anyway, I found parts of this to be pretty funny at a time when I needed a little chuckle at just how embarrassing the mainstream media’s coverage was, and thought I should share it here.

Comments

I like the Shuster-as-muppet reference. Hilarious!

Tea Party Viewer Results (Hannity)

3.2 million watched Fox News

2.2 million watched CNN and MSNBC Combined

3. SERIOUSLY, DON'T TREAD ON ME says:

The most ironic thing in that video is the old guy with a flag that says “DON”T TREAD ON ME” trying to calm down the nice gentle father who was being TREAD ON on by that reporter…. what a crying shame, we’re a country of puss***ies.

4. Matt says:

Red Eye is the most awesomest way coolest show in the world of news commentary.

Super super funny, current, and has built quite a cult following. TOO BAD it is on at 12am PST, 3am EST.

I guess that’s just because Fox News has too many top rated shows earlier to move out of the way??? Maybe they need to make a FOX NEWS 2 to get Red Eye on a little earlier?

Well for now – check out some of the youtube clips….hilarious.

5. tm says:

I think I like this site even more now. Thought I was the only one on earth that actually laughed out loud when this show is on. It is a great break when your up so late doing reports. I confess I asked my daughter how to tivo and now watch on weekends. I agree it grows on you.

6. Courtney says:

The misrepresentation of the truth by the MSM is all too reminiscent of the Party in Orwell’s book 1984 – like they’re trying to re-write history as it’s happening.

“Seriously don’t tread on me” well said and unfortunately you are correct!