Cannot Spell ‘Sycophant’ Without M-S-N-B-C

“Well, we’re not going to do it, then, because we don’t let people tell us what to talk about.”

That was MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, talking about his initial response to the prospect of an interview with Homeland Security Nincompoop Janet Napolitano, an interview allowed with the following guideline — only one question about the assessment released yesterday would be allowed.

That MSNBC went ahead with the interview despite such preconditions only underscores the amount of undying affection for President Barack Obama and his administration.

This woman, Napolitano, essentially just deemed millions of Christians who believe in the sanctity of human life, as well as millions more concerned Americans, to be “rightwing extremists.” Heck, one of the guys I work with is gay, but also happens to be extremely fiscally conservative — he remarked yesterday about how astounding it is that, according to the administration, he’s a homosexual, right-wing extremist.

“Let’s see, I support gay marriage, but I think that our federal government is absolutely out of control,” he said. “I’m a gay, right-wing extremist. Is that even possible? Does my support for gay marriage cancel out my extremist tendencies? How does that work? Who do I call to ask?”

Regardless, I think that the underlying problem with the DHS assessment is being overlooked by many of those in the new media. Yes, veterans should be outraged, but I think we’re overlooking how Napolitano based her threat assessment purely on politics, purely on concern that we uphold the Constitution.

The media should be asking about how DHS came about its assessment, but we’re finding out that the Obama administration is taking steps to ensure such questions are never asked, let alone answered. Meanwhile, MSNBC should be ashamed of itself. Then again, for a network that prides itself on intellectual infants like Keith Olbermann, shame is likely nothing new.

Comments

1. Uncle Rick says:

“Heck, one of the guys I work with is gay, but also happens to be extremely fiscally conservative — he remarked yesterday about how astounding it is that, according to the administration, he’s a homosexual, right-wing extremist.”

He’d better get used to it. It’s probably a preview of coming attractions

I had to listen to it twice, as the first time through, could only hone in on the music by the Who. Great selection…”its only teenage wasteland”..how apropos. Am from AZ, and still think Jan-o is a disaster.

I can’t help but think this is part of a plot by Obama’s administration to take over the country in a dictatorship. This is just one of the pieces of the plan, right there along with taking over control of the banks and the auto industry and making the majority of Americans dependent on the government for everything. Now we have an “official” report that says that Republicans are dangerous. What I foresee is that this is setting things up so that Obama has the support of the Democrats when he puts out the call to round up the Republicans and lock them all up. This is his justification. Do I sound paranoid?

KT

4. CAL says:

I think Obama needs to be held accountable for this report. Do you think George Bush would have gotten away with just directing people to homeland security if they have questions about the report. The double standard is unbelievable.

The smell of stockings, farts and the need for cold air accompanies the women who represent our Country. Their hatred of the fetus and white men conbined with an insufferable need to dominate makes them the kind of women Borak likes to have around. They are on the prowl for another Waco and a man with an itchy trigger finger.

well, this is not surprise¡¡¡, if the path is not clear, it is going to be given that “one” has to fortity oneself in the castle, way before the gen. elections we knew that anyone that will be dissenting with …. will be taken as an offence, the etymology of words have changed, the anti-americanism in all its varities is not any more terrorism, i pray that we do not end like in the movie “the secret life of words”

what is next martial law??????????????

It may not be AKA Obama’s PLAN to declare martial law, but he is certainly PREPARING for it in the event things get “out of control,” whatever that means and whoever decides what it means.

I think the entire document is overreaching in its entirety; I don’t like being referred to as a terrorist by my own government; and each day feels like a noose is tightening around my neck.

Uh-oh! Anonymous at 3:32 p.m. has the same suspicion! (I was at the grocery store when that went up.)

Karen’s 13-year-old son knows what’s going on. Why don’t the liberal Democrats? (Karen’s son said that the pilots that hit the WTC could have said they were man-made disasters while waving at the innocent people below, called terrorists.) Karen, PLEASE give your boy a hug from me and tell him THANK YOU!

9. Roses, WA says:

This lie started in the Vietnam era, and it worked so well then that we shouldn’t be surprised that it is being recycled. The vindication of the Haditha marines should be enough proof of the lie.

The good news would be the many ex-military employed by our local law enforcement agencies. They know it’s a lie.

10. Roses, WA says:

Sorry, I thought this was about Janet’s not-quite-an-apology for the report that warned local law enforcers about returning Vets, that they were likely recruits for wacko right-wing militias etc. It makes me mad because it is exactly opposite of the truth, that returning vets are more likely to STOP civil disobedience and violent confrontations instead of taking part in them!

Looks like this woman has more than one strike against her.

11. tm says:

First off MSLSD, cmon … seriously? This is the network that this morning found the NBC head take the Rick Santellii’s at their business network (CNBC)to task about “Bashing the One”? Sounds a little…communist,like?who are these marxists fooling? I said it last night, this Ms. Napalitano should resign, but will it happen? No. Unless, they are taken to task, Challenged legally. I hope it happens. This should be a clear sign to the GOP that adopting the messages of centrist leaning liberals does not work – they have to make more people, conservatives. Stick to Conservative Government which allows freedom from the Nanny state. If we pound this single issue, we will have both victory in 2010, and in 2012.

12. GATOR-1 says:

kT @ 3:04….NO Paranoid is an unfounded fear and while rounding up Republicans in general is a bit far fetched…It IS pretty much what the report said.

SO…If she swears an oath to Uphold the Constitution and then declares that those who support it are a threat….Does not that statement alone find her in dereliction of her own duties?

Since I have no real clue anymore I think I will go out and get some more Beans and Bullets. I wonder…?…Will I be more of a threat if I visit the range more often to practice defending my family and or my life?

On another note, The City I live in did not that I ever saw adverise a TEA Party yest. There were however 25-30 folks who did gather at the Courthouse, in spite of that fact. That was impressive enough for me.

But in a much smaller town near here in which the party was advertised online, They turned out 4-5 hundred! I was extremely impressed with that.

It was truely an amazing day and will turn out to be a Historical one I am sure. The people who attended were of every race and political affilation. A rare display of what real Americans look like and what can be accomplished when all else is set aside.

As for the MSM, remember how they followed every momement of MS Shehan?….Every moment of her protests were covered in detail…..Yet near 20 thousand people in Atlanta alone was nearly ignored. Other than FOX of course ABC did give the parties a few good minutes of unbiased coverage which I was glad to see. The rest….Well yall know about that.

Be Proud of BAMA Jeff…I thought I heard near 7-8 thousand in Birmingham alone!

Myself…I am quite pleased and excited about the turnouts. I think our “step-one” was a huge success.

Thanks Jeff as always….

BLESSINGS PATRIOTS

This administration will not stop until “we the people” stop them! Keep the Tea Parties going and stand up for our right to free speech! MSM is worthless but people will listen if we just press on!

Jeff, I have a feeling all the “nimconpoops” up there in Washington are puppets and we need to clean house!

On another note, why in the world do Universitites keep inviting Soetoro to give speeches then “bow down” to his rules. Covering the name of Jesus? This is a disgrace to anyone with any affiliation to these schools…..

Sally

14. Claudia says:

We, What Ms. NApalitano did was NOT TO UST call Republicans ectremist terrorists, but she called ANYONE WHO LOVES AND RESPECTS THE CONSTITUTION AN EXTREMIST TERRORIST. That she included jsut about everyone who believes that our Country was founded on a few basic principals that revolved around the Christian God and the Bible and everything that standing for DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU extremist terrorists is inconceivable, especially when she let the types like Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn and Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson and all of the SDS and every other group of the 60′s and 70′s off the hook entirely, where was she when Farrakhan held his Million Man March at Washington DC and when Ayers and Dohrn were blowing up police stations and the Pentagon? And where does she seem to get the nerve to call just about every decent law abiding citizen a terrorist, is beyond me. I thought that I had equal rights and practically a standing order via my Constitiution and being a CITIZEN who is allowed to dissent, to stand up and tell people when something NOT RIGHT was happening to out SACRED DOCUMENTS like the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

The gall of this Administration and all of the people he has put into his offices is way past unimaginable, it is mindboggling, and yet we can’t get out of the way fast enough to let them continue to do more harm to this country, WHEN will it end, when we no longer have a country, and that will be really soon, the way he is moving so fast without even looking at us who are yelling foul. This IS NOT WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT!!!! THIS IS NO LONGER AMERICA, BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOEPLE!!!!!

Sorry, folks, but I am still burning over this.

Had I been given the opportunity to ask (what did Jeff call her?) Homeland Secretary Nincompoop Janet Napolitano just ONE question, I think I would have asked her, “Secretary Napolitano, is the reason that you won’t answer but one question concerning your assessment because you are afraid to account for its contents?”

16. tm says:

1st shot Legal case against the Ms Janet Napolatono and DHS:

Jeff, know your busy but is this frivolous as the lefty blogs are stating?

17. sharon says:

Gator-1 WOW, terrific point, I had forgotten all about Cindy and the msm… you are correct “step 1″ was an incredible success. I would be terrified too if I were the liberal progressive media. I mean after all we had 62 million voters…. without their assistance.. spells trouble indeed.

18. JEFF SCHREIBER says:

TM –

I only scanned it for a moment or so. The chilling of political speech rings a bell as something familiar in a case I’ve read, but my mind is so corrupted by Real Estate and Wills/Trusts/Estates Law that I cannot, for the life of me, recall what it was.

I’m certain that DHS will argue that they did an adequate job of distinguishing extremists from law-abiding citizens, and will move to dismiss likely on 12(b)(6), that Savage failed to state a claim on which relief can be granted.

Whether it survives or not, I don’t know. I don’t have the time to look at case law and such, even though I know there’s some stuff out there on the chilling of political speech.

Regardless, it doesn’t help that it was filed in the Eastern District of Michigan.

I hadn’t heard of this until right now, and gosh, it’s something that I would really, really like to discuss at America’s Right. I just can’t do it. Hopefully, one of my contributors will step up to the plate.

WE THE PEOPLE must not allow this. CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND DEMAND THAT SHE RESIGN!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I don’t care under whose watch this report was crafted, and the fact that she is the talking head. Her integrity is in question supporting this. She was warned (if we can believe this) about the language in the report. She released it anyway.

The reference to Tim McVeigh is absurd, given the fact that the FBI was involved in the cover up of the OKC bombing, as was Eric Holder.

Jesse Trentadue, a Salt Lake City attorney whose brother, Kenneth Michael Trentadue was murdered by the FBI in a case of mistaken identity connected with the OKC bombing set out to solve the murder case of his brother. He’s ended up on the trail to solving the bombing.

You can read more about it here:

The OKC Bombing, during the Clinton admin, was a WARNING to the state who was actively engaged in passing a sovereignty bill to protect them from the Executive Orders written by Clinton.

This was the prelude to 9/11.