Unbelievable

You know, when my daughter is old enough to be snide with me, I think the proper response would be something along the lines of “watch your tone, young lady.”

That seems appropriate here.

I could go on for hours about how the reaction to the tea party protests served as a bellwether for bias in the mainstream press, but it’s nearing 3:00 a.m. and I’ve still got some more studying to do before hitting the pillow. So, fill in the blanks yourselves here, folks. It certainly doesn’t take a master of perception to see what’s going on — the overt bias here sticks out like Rosie O’Donnell’s thonged posterior in a Victoria’s Secret catalog.

Incidentally, I do think that Fox News Channel’s coverage was a little too overzealous at times. In fact, since the election, the network has indeed made a big jump to the right (though it’s still closer to the center than either MSNBC or CNN). Honestly, with regard to the network’s rightward jump or its blanket coverage of the tea party protests, I don’t have a problem with it at all. Like the folks over at Ace of Spades said today, I’m fine with Fox News being a little overzealous in tea party coverage, as it nearly compensated for the complete blackout from the rest of the mainstream press.

That’s “the other side” of the story he gives you for balance, in a “to be fair” type one paragraph diversion. The main side he pushes is that FoxNews is too much the cheerleader for tea parties — arguably true, yes, but given that FoxNews’ mission is to be a tonic and corrective to the lapses and biases of the MSM, ought we not dwell on the MSM black-out of the movement rather than FoxNews’ “overcaffeinated” reportage?

I know for a fact that when 50 or so professional leftist protesters congregate to protest, say, the Asian Dawn (“I read about them in Time Magazine”), the MSM covers the story, often prominently. CNN’s top headlines never fail to include some small potatoes lefty protest. And yet when millions of amateur protesters get together, the MSM deems it unworthy of mention.

steve_in_hb made that point to me yesterday: the left protests on a near-daily basis, because they’re students or permanent casualties of the acid-fueled Summer of Love. As a general matter, they are underemployed; they don’t usually have to get away from the office to protest. Furthermore, it’s largely the same people week-in, week-out protesting; as such, these are largely social gatherings, street parties with placards.

Any way you look at it, the Hans Gruber quote is phenomenal, as is the assessment about the difference in coverage between protesters on the left and the right. When thousands of illegal immigrants–people who should not be here in the first place–congregated for May Day celebrations, the networks were out in force, practicing their horrible Spanish by asking people tough questions like, “do you have huevos rancheros for breakfast, even here in America?”

What you saw, in this clip, was a propagandist for the political left debating someone now characterized by Homeland Security as a right-wing extremist. You didn’t see a reporter actually reporting the news. That’s what’s so terrible about this. The political left in America is so terrified that some of its supporters might wake up and smell the hilarity which is liberalism that its media arm simply refuses to report objectively.

Comments

1. AnnaEsse says:

Well, it seemed to me that there were thousands of folks all over the USA yesterday, attending tea parties in many many towns, but this is what I find on Reuter’s this morning.

“Opposition Republicans seized the chance to rail against what they see as wasteful spending by his new Democratic administration, and some of Obama’s grass-roots critics staged “tea party” protests in several U.S. cities.”

Just Republicans? And only, “some,” in “several,” cities?

How can anyone who watches that say that she was not the one who was doing the harasing?

3. Lilly says:

I don’t even know where to start after seeing that video so I’ll just leave it at what an embarrassment and idiot of a reporter!

4. rdansie says:

Jeff, You came up with an absolutely classic line:

“the overt bias here sticks out like Rosie O’Donnell’s thonged posterior in a Victoria’s Secret catalog”

Keep up the good work!

Go Gators!

5. Ed says:

It was not just the MSM that were being jerks. I was going home last night from South Station in Boston, MA when I saw some jerk heckling some poor person that recently came from the Boston Tea Party (his Colonial hat and two flags kind of marked him). This a$$hole was definitely trying to pick a fight with a constant stream of comments about why he was protesting and other comments about his actions. He did not let up for at least 5 minutes. The TEA party protester had a lot more patience than I would have and pretty much ignored the a$$ even when he started touching him and and his things while he was making his comments. I thought that we had the right to speak our minds in this country. Kudos to the protester and to all that went to the TEA parties.

6. Uncle Rick says:

I realize that in ordinary civilised discourse, the first party to call the other a Nazi has lost. Thes are not ordinary times, though, and our current political and economic situation is far from ordinary.

Consider the attached document and ask yourself how much of it describes you. It could certainly be deemed to describe the governors of Texas and North Carolina, perhaps many others as well. Then reflect on the following:

1) One of the characteristics of the Nazis’ and faschists’ (communists’, too) rise to power was the use of mass demonstrations. These were not spontaneous, local events, but were planned in meticulous detail, lavishly funded and executed with precision. The ‘demonstrators’ were often transported in by the thousands. On occasion the drama was palpable, with stunning lighting and other effects, songs, slogans, perfect timing — political theater at its best.

2) The use of symbols associated with either the party or its leader.

3) The use of deliberate election fraud.

4) Once in office, they lost no time in consolidating their power. They extended the influence and control of the state (that is, themselves) into area of life hitherto untouched by that power. In particular, they quickly began exercising control over private enterprise.

5) They quickly identified ‘enemies of the state’ and began moving against them (see attached document).

5) Of course, they eventually banned the private ownership of firearms.

None of this has been seen in this country before, at least not by this generation. At what point do we admit the similarities between the Obama campaign and the Nazi rise to power? At what point to we admit the similarities between the early days of their administration and the first part of this one?

Time to wake up.

I think the liberal lap dogs were so incensed that these Tea Parties were orderly and non-violent that they wanted to provoke some anger.Susan, the reporter at CNN, was trying to stir the crowd up…can you imagine the spiel if one of those people had come up and bumped her?…like the Prop 8 demonstrations in CA…remember the Christian lady whose cross was knocked out of her hand and she was ridiculed and assaulted by one of the supporters of gay marriage? I don’t watch the MSM networks but did check briefly to see if they were even covering the events…I was amused by Rachael Mad-COW as she spouted her venom and insults against the organizers, Glen Beck, FOX etc. Poor Rachael, no wonder no one watches you…I think we bothered them BIG TIME and we need to continue the passion that I saw in these Tea Parties…that spirit is what this country is all about! As we released red, white and blue balloons to float above the USS Alabama and as we saluted our Veterans and all the branches of service, as we recited The Pledge of Allegiance and sang “The Star Spangled Banner”, we knew why we were there and what we need to do so it was a wonderful success!!

Once again we were ignored by the MSM and the White House. My only regret is that I had to work and could not attend our local Tea Party. I hope the next one in my area is scheduled at a time so those of us who work during the day can be a part.

I receive daily inspirational emails from GriefShare and this has really helped me to press forward since the death of my dear husband. Today’s scripture really made me think and I would like to share that with you.

“”Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:12-14 NASB)”.

As a Christian I am preparing myself for that day when Eternity arrives and that is the main reason I keep my focus on God’s Word which I sincerely believe to be “fact”. As a Conservative American I feel I should do as this scripture suggests, forget about the past and press forward to do everything I can to make my voice heard to my government.

God Bless The USA
    Sally

9. Uncle Rick says:

[Please disregard/delete previous attempt to post this; it was intended for an email and had obvious problems]

1) One of the characteristics of the Nazis’ and fascists’ (communists’, too) rise to power was the use of mass demonstrations. These were not spontaneous, local events, but were planned in meticulous detail, lavishly funded and executed with precision. The ‘demonstrators’ were often transported in by the thousands. On occasion the drama was palpable, with stunning lighting and other effects, songs, slogans, perfect timing — political theater at its best.

2) The use of symbols associated with the party or its leader.

3) The use of deliberate election fraud.

5) They quickly identified ‘enemies of the state’ and began moving against them (see Department of Homeland Security document elsewhere on this site).

5) Of course, they eventually banned the private ownership of firearms.

Time to wake up.

10. goddessdivine says:

I couldn’t believe that lady when I saw the clip on O’Reilly. Unbelievable is right. Prime example of biased journalism right there; as well as elitism, as expressed by Laura Ingram. Imagine if this were an anti-war rally; the red carpets would have been rolled out, and every other ‘news’ outlet would have patronized it.

While I too felt the coverage by Fox was a little over the top, they did have to make up for the total disregard by the general MSM.

Would you expect less from the “Communist News Network” or “Clinton News Network.” ?????

Very little was exposed during my observation of the evening and later news. But my local community of 9,000 had over 300 on the court house steps and it will only grow.

Heaven help us.

Is it that Fox News has gone more ‘right’ or that MSM has gone so completely ‘left’ that now Fox seems more right?

Another question: IF indeed Fox News has gone more conservative, do you think it’s because they see how horrid things are and are doing a kind of ‘knee-jerk’ reaction?

Just wondering….

~laura

I saw that on the live stream, and my first impression was that she was in the man’s face and screaming at him. So, when I read the video’s headline, “CNN Reporter Harassed at Chicago ‘Tea…[']“, I thought it was ANOTHER incident! How can that be perceived as harassment aimed at her, when she was the rude one screaming at him?

Whether Fox News was over the top in coverage or not, I doubt that there would have been appreciable coverage by the MSM otherwise.

The Atlanta Journal and Constitution has a great story HERE with 28 pictures showing the crowd. Someone had 12,000 pocket-size copies of the US Constitution printed for handouts, but they ran out. The paper described the crowd as “thousands;” and somewhere else I read it as 5,000 to 10,000, but I also heard it described at 15,000 to 20,000 in attendance (guess it depended upon what time it was or who was doing the estimating). It was the largest in the country, however, it was reported on Fox.

Whatever the count and however many there were, I believe that liberals are alarmed. They have made light of the tea parties, but they are alarmed nevertheless. This size of a demonstration across the country is bound to give pause to O-bots and make them at least wonder, “Have I been fed a line?! Do these people know something I don’t? What is it I don’t understand?”

And, yes, Virginia, there will be more tea parties!

Off topic, but I’ll share this anyway.

I received an email yesterday urging people to write “IN GOD WE TRUST” on the back of every envelope of our snail mail. Some people are having an ink stamp made for convenience in doing so.

Sounds good to me! I’ll do it.

Had another thought while walking Buckshot–

We’re not right-wing extremists. We are right-wing citizens against radical extremists running our government.

If they don’t want to be called radical extremists, they shouldn’t be following the Rules for Radicals!

16. Dee says:

It was interesting to see the coverage by our 2 local papers. The conservative paper had a picture and article on the front page and several more several pages back. The liberal paper had a small article on the front page but it included information how BO has lowered taxes on many people, especially middle and lower income individuals. I saw this clip and was amazed at the rudeness of the reporter. I also find it unbelievable that BO supposedly has no knowledge of the tea parties. I guess that shows how out of touch he is with what is going on in country. It will be very important to keep the movement going between now and election day.
    Uncle Rick, I agree with you and that’s what scares me about BO. He wants to do everything in a hurry. He does not want to allow people time to think about what is being considered.
    Homeland security has joined forces with BO and is now fighting against our own. They are not so concerned about those who want to chop off our heads. This administration is pathetic and out to destroy our country as we know it.
    It feels good to know that as a “radical right wing extremist” I am in good company. Thank you, Jeff, and all the others.

17. Ayamo says:

Roesgen needs to quit her job.
    PRONTO!!

This ia a new all-time low, even for a CNN reporter.

18. Ladalang says:

But your video missed the best part, the interview after the propaganda.

19. darkleo000 says:

Ladalang: I was just about to post that video here. It was great to see the follow up to that incident. Brilliant!

If you want to email this so-called reporter, here is her address:

You can write to Ms. Susan Roesgen and express how you feel via her email address here: susan.roesgen@turner.com

And most importantly, let Susan's boss know how unacceptable it is for a journalist to become a left-wing activist in trying to defame and denounce a legitimate and honest political movement by Americans who are being robbed blind by our government and spent into a debt from which will be unimaginably difficult to ever pay off.

So please also write to Philip Kent, the Chairman & CEO of CNN: phil.kent@turner.com

21. Nellie says:

Have to agree, Fox was a tad over the top…first word that popped into my head was “dramatic.” I like their coverage for the most part, until it seems like pandering to conservative fears. I don’t really appreciate that–they do the same thing that the left does with all that crap. I was absolutely astonished at that CNN “reporter” and immediately thought she should be reprimanded. It was definitely elitist and SO unbelievably biased–she didn’t even ATTEMPT to be objective. She’s a prime example of what’s wrong with journalism and the media–it’s a bunch of bullshit you have to dig and dig and dig under to get to ANY truth at all. I get SO angry that I have to do their job myself, read an article, go look up a bill, look at what previous presidents have done, find out it was started by Clinton or something, then look at the budget, look at what the CBO has said and then say “so that’s why.” IT’S ALL SUCH UTTER BULLSHIT.

Our newspaper in Casper, Wyoming reported 1000 people at the TEA party. This in a city of 60,000.

Even more worth firing or at least FCC sanctions: Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, MSNBC, Anderson Cooper, David Gergen and CNN.

The blatant discussions and snickering about tea-bagging was vile in the extreme and should result in complaints to the FCC. All of these folks were snickering on their respective networks (who complicitly allowed it to go on) as if people in their pittance of an audience would not understand the in-joke. Well, we understand. Olbermann took it to the depth of a sewer last night by referencing tea-bagging, franks and beans, taint and several more vile double entendres of contempt and derision. He should be fired. Maddow has been doing the same thing. Cooper said something about it being difficult for tea-baggers to talk with their mouths full and Gergen sniggered like a school boy at Cooper’s comments. What is wrong with these people? They should be sanctioned, fined and fired in no particular order.

In all this discussion about “right-wing extremists” at tea parties being such a danger, no one seems to have brought up the left-wing extremist students who interrupted Tom Tancredo (or was it Tidisco?) a couple days ago during his speech, and threw rocks and bricks at him, egged on by their professors in the room! These people are much more dangerous than most conservatives ever thought of being! They hold the record as the bombers and police-killers and beaters of old ladies on street corners who disagree with them! And now we’ve put one of their ilk as a high-level advisor to the Defense department in the Pentagon!

It’s just disgusting.

24. goddessdivine says:

You probably saw this rebuttal on O’Reilly tonight, but here’s the youtube link in case. This protester deserves an award (and the reporter should be fired).

The most ironic thing in that video is the old guy with a flag that says “DON”T TREAD ON ME” trying to calm down the nice gentle father who was being TREAD ON by that reporter…. what a crying shame, we’re a country of puss***ies.

26. Sir, Sir, SIR says:

sir, sir, Sir… don’t you know you’re eligible for a $400 tax credit and that Illinois is getting 50 billion in stimulus???? these idiots just don’t get it! THAT IS ALL FUNNY MONEY borrowed against the futures of our children and grandchildren. KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!!!! STUPIDITY PISSES ME OFF. Jefferson, I miss you.