So … What Do You Think?

Yes, yes … I know that there is big illegal immigration-related news today. I saw the New York Times article, too. But seriously — haven’t I been saying, since well before the election, that regardless of whether John McCain or Barack Obama won in November, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill would be making a comeback?

Anyway, as you can tell, I’ve been kind of busy. What do you think of the new design? At first, this reading area was a little skinny, but I was able to tweak some things and move some other things around. I’m sure that some alignment and photo-related kinks will emerge over time, but for now, it’s time for bed.

I like it. I’ll miss the original design for sentimental reasons, but I’m pretty happy with the end result here. Please let me know what you think — and PLEASE be honest.

– Jeff

Comments

1. Jeff Schreiber says:

Yeah — I don’t know what the heck that’s all about. And I don’t like it much, either.

I’ve gone through the necessary settings to get it out, but it always takes a little time to clear.

Jeff

Until you get the green type worked out, all that’s necessary to read it is to highlight it with the cursor.

I see the flag. Nice.

The masthead is going to be “cool” in summer but may ice over in winter! :)

Someone suggested a place for recommended books. And, OH! I just noticed the links above the masthead for convenience and neatness.

Jeff, you have done an outstanding job with your new site. Thanks!

And, while I’m thinking about it, have a safe and happy Easter, everybody! May God bless us all!

you just need to market yourself more. You already have a following.

Don’t forget, people purchased pet rockets.

RT (former direct mkting creative director/graphic designer)

4. Let us move forward says:

Wow! What a Surprise! You’ve moved up in the world, huh?

Possibly a sans serif font for reading? The comments are set in sans serif. (Can’t recognize the specific font.)

Note: See texas darlin video about a privacy related decision made in the justice department. Sounds like the feds will be allowed to look/listen anywhere they want and you can’t sue them for looking/listening unless they publish what they find.

Read my lips: B I G ‘ B R O T H E R ‘ I S ‘ W A T C H I N G ?

Ironic, isn’t it? He invoked privacy to hide the vault birth certificate. Now Mr. O can find out anything he wants about Joe citizen and Joe citizen can’t sue him. But Joe citizen still can’t see Mr. O’s proof that he can be President. Scary, too.

What ever happened to the GIVE act?
    Was mandatory service included?
    I can’t find the law or final version of the bill.

Thank you again for doing this blog.

5. Ann says:

Jeff

Sorry for my harsh review yesterday on he new design.
    The header is great. I love the reason behind it and the new font. I fixed my problem with being able to read it without getting nauseous by using the apple+ trick. I think the reason I was so harsh was because I thought I would not be able to visit AR any more comfortable. Thanks Again.

It’s best to not drink and blog…. I meant to say, pet rocks. Hilarious!
    //////////////////////////////

you just need to market yourself more. You already have a following.

Don’t forget, people purchased pet rockets.

RT (former direct mkting creative director/graphic designer)

April 10, 2009 12:21 AM

Looks good. Looks like a lot of the other blog sites now. Many successful sites have developed a signature look and stuck with it. There’s nothing here that says it is unique or uniquely you.

That being said, I come to this site for the words, not the pretty design.

Okay, Jeff, I’m being honest. I liked the previous format better. I wish you’d go back to it, and, keep the Jefferson Memorial photo. It is beautiful. I do not like the two columns on the right side. Why is there so much CHANGE in the world? Can’t anything stay the same for at least five years? This is the curse of the Computer Age…..I’m turning into an old fart before my very eyes…….

9. CALLING ALL CONSERVATIVES says:

If you added a chat room feature here we could REALLY vent and NETWORK.

Sam

Jeff, thanks for telling us to “Control +” to enlarge (“Control -” does the opposite). I didn’t know about that!

Am getting used to the type, and my eyes aren’t tired.

I know that you will fix the green type when time permits, unless available time is preempted by your move to South Carolina!

Your site is really sharp, crisp, and professional in appearance. All I have to do now is clean my glasses!

Jeff:

How about dark blue or red on grey?

That would be good contrast!

Lisa in TX