Budget Approved by Congress

Click HERE for the report from Fox News.

The good news? Every single Republican in the House of Representatives voted against the president’s bloated budget. The bad news, 38 Republicans voted against the GOP’s proposed alternative plan.

Also, in the House, 20 Democrats broke party lines. Here are those who did the right things:

• Rep. John Barrow [D, GA-12]
  • Rep. Walter Minnick [D, ID-1]
  • Rep. Harry Mitchell [D, AZ-5]
  • Rep. Glenn Nye [D, VA-2]
  • Rep. Thomas Perriello [D, VA-5]
  • Rep. Gene Taylor [D, MS-4]
  • Rep. Harry Teague [D, NM-2]

Comments

1. Bobby K. says:

My letter has just been sent to Sen. Hutchinson, this has ticked me off more then anything else she has done. When will it stop, she has to know that this isn’t working. And she is going to run for Governor, this is sad.

Thank you for this posting. I was appalled to see that one on my Senator voted for this Budget. I will do everything I can to get him out of office when he is running.

How in the world if you call yourself a republican could you have voted for this bill? What a disgrace.

I would certainly like to believe that my letter to Mike McIntyre (D-NC) did some good! I wrote him as though I still lived at my address in Wallace, NC. And I will certainly write him again to thank him, along with John Barrow and James Marshall of Georgia.

It’s nice, being able to write a thank-you note, for a change!

Verify word = onest. Wish it were more often.

5. cher-pa says:

These Senators clearly have there own agendas.They are not listening to their constituients.We need to take our concerns to the Republican party and Michele Steele.
    I just sent in my RNC survey.Michele Steele said he wanted input,well let me tell you he got a piece of my mind and not ONE DOLLAR from my family.Why should I contribute to a party that DOES NOT REPRESENT ME.ARLEN SPECTER MUST GO NOW!!!

I called Sen. Hutchinson’s office, immediately upon hearing this, and they denied that she voted for it. The staffer said there is a statement on her website. We are talking about the budget aren’t we? Did I miss something or get this wrong somehow?

7. whats_up says:

With all due respect, I dont think any Republican Senator voted for the budget, considering it passed 55-43 and only two Dems voted against it the math doesnt add up.

Scroll down to

2009 Off Year Election Updated Friday 3 April

* 2009 Election Dates

2009 General Election for Governors, U.S. Senate, and U.S. House
    AK AL AR AS AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA GU HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MP MS MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA PR RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VI VT WA WI WV WY
    2009 Incumbents (going into the 3 November 2009 General Election)

For instance, if you click on MO,
    you will find that “Kit” bond is not seeking re-election 2010 and that Roy Blunt(R) is running against Robin Carnahan (D)

On KS, Brownback’s seat is up

NC, Burr’s seat is up

and so forth, like Jeff said, act accordingly. Send a message with your vote.

The Republican Assembly members who voted for the budget:
    Anthony Adams
    Greg Aghazarian (Californian who is also making a bid for Senate…209-888-4565)
    John Benoit
    Sam Blakeslee
    Paul Cook
    Churck DeVore
    Bonnie garcia
    Guy Houston
    Bob Huff
    Rick Keene
    Roger Niello
    Sharon Runner
    Audra Strickland
    Van Tran
    Mike Villines (say this one outloud…)

10. CAL says:

I am off to hit the phones. So sad all the republicans that voted for this budget. If you have any insight into their reasoning please let me know. Some of the names on the list really surprised me. The trouble with all of this is that the democrats are pushing things through so quickly there is no time to put pressure on these spineless wimps.

someone said something like meanwhile there is someone that manipulates the judges, judiciary system, and politicians that “someone” is above the law,the institutions, the system…….., the country¡¡¡¡¡

12. PISSED AT BECK says:

Glenn,

I was appalled at your response and treatment of the young Marine from N.C. who only was looking for input on his feelings that there might well be an ongoing assault (domestically) against the Constitution. Oh, you are allowed to rail all morning and in the evening about it but how dare someone who will actually put his life up for it have concerns about it.

And to make the leap that that would put him in the category of Tim McVeigh was absurd and you should apologize !

And to suggest he wouldn’t take care of your precious nephews on the battlefield was ridiculous. That is apples and oranges, dimwit. We are obviously being waged against by Al Qaeda and Taliban and no Marine would lighten up in defense against those bastards.

But his oath is his oath. have you ever taken one? I THINK NOT.

His concerns are his concerns and you ignorantly dismissed him. Report to the brig??… what an ass.

Have a great day.

I used to look up to you.

Sam

13. CAL says:

I think you are wrong on the republicans in the senate voting for the budget. The vote was 55-43. All republican senators voted against it – even Snowe, Collins and Spector. Check out this article

Also,if you read through the Fox article you linked to, it says the same.

The Fox article also explains that most of the republican opposition to the republican budget proposal was over the change that was included for medicare. If this was not in it, maybe they would have had more republicans supporting it. Doesn’t really matter though as it would never have gotten anywhere with the democrats.

Sam
    I don’t know what you are talking about…haven’t heard this story but will look in to it…but being pissed at Glenn I can relate to. He has repeatedly ticked me off in other ways…he rants about how Obama is close to bringing in Natzi-ism, yet, he yells at Catholics for not wanting a pro-abortion President (one who is against giving babies born after a botched abortion, any medical attention from the suffering and left to die alone) speaking to their RELIGIOUS institute…that Catholics should sit down and shut-up. It’s an “honor” to have the President speak at your school. There are other examples. My favorite one, lately, is that he rails against obama policies, the bailouts, the stimulus, the budget, health care, etc. etc…but, “let’s not make these Tea Parties an anti-Obama rally”. Fine…but, Glenn, let’s make it clear that that his policies are the reason we’re doing this in the first place! Congress and Obama control everything happening now…not yesterday…today! It’s like he antagonizes everyone to not like Obama and what’s going on, then he turns around and chastizes us for speaking out against them. Just confusing at times. Glad you brought that up. I was beginning to think I was the only one. Who have thought that the “You’re not alone” mantra of his would actually apply to him? Crazy…

15. billmill says:

Gail B from Wallace
    Watch Mike, he has done this in the past, voted no when the bill would safely pass as a stategic move to take the heat off in the district. His voting record over the last two years is a disgrace, he is in lock step with SanFran Nan.
    This is why he would never debat up and coming Will Breazeale during the last election cycle.

Bill from Wilmington