The Idea is There, but the Light Bulb is Off

Liberal plan could fall victim to unintended consequences? How shocking!

Link: Electrical ‘Smart Grid’ Not Yet Smart Enough to Block Hackers
(FROM: Fox News)

Before anything else, let me caution that I am by no means an expert on electrical grids or anything of the sort. My father-in-law is an electrical engineer; I can barely hang a shelf. Still, I am getting to be an expert on liberalism, liberals, and how the manifestation of their idyllic fantasies much more often than not result is disastrous, unexpected consequences.

Look at the welfare system, at how despite any amount of good intentions, Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty has resulted in stifled growth among lower classes and more. Look at global warming, how radical action based upon theories based on economics rather than the environment could lead to the most dramatic shifting of wealth and capability in human history, and could result in more pollution being emitted by those with the least controls. Look at the potential for universal, government-run healthcare to completely destroy the driving force behind technological advances in the medical field.

Point being, when the government gets involved . . . run. The Postal Service is out of money. The aftermath of Katrina was bungled (though I still maintain that the responsibility was in the hands of state and local government). Consumer lending? Say no more.

So, please excuse me if I’m a little skeptical of the Barack Obama’s plans to accelerate a so-called “smart grid.” Our federal government has yet to prove that it can tie its own shoelaces without falling down a flight of steps. Add to our government’s ineptness the seemingly unacknowledged threat from those across the globe who want to destroy our way of life, as well as a rising Red China just teeming with technological whiz-kids, and increased involvement from Washington into our power grid just doesn’t sit right with me.

Hopefully, President Obama will wake up on this one. If the power is off, after all, he’s left without a TelePrompTer.

Comments

1. Bodenzee says:

I thought the strength of our form of government was rooted in the checks and balances. Where did they go?

2. PUT YOUR JACKET ON, BARACK says:

Maybe on the smart-grid we could hack into the Oval Office’s thermostat and TURN IT DOWN!

I know this is off topic..and your not going to post it…

from Carl Swensson, GA citizen’s grand jury:

Orly,
    How can I ever repay you. How can America ever repay you. You, Orly have done what no other Attorney could do and should be as proud of yourself as we are of you.

Taking it to my Notary (If he’ll answer his darn phone), making multiple copies, and heading to the State Capitol.

God Bless you my dearest Patriot,
    Carl A. Swensson

_________________________________

From Truth and Justice:

Whoohoo! Now all we have to do is wait for the notary to answer the phone.

In the meantime, if you want to have a little fun. Go put our Constitution into

The Dialectizer

Here is the translation for the Artitcle II, Section I, Verse V

Your Text, Dialectized (jive):
    “No Sucka’ ‘sept some natural bo’n Citizen, o’ some Citizen uh de United States, at da damn time uh de Adopshun uh dis Constitushun, shall be eligible t’de Office uh Super-dude; neida’ shall any Sucka’ be eligible t’dat Office who shall not gots attained t’de Age uh dirty five Years, and been foeteen Years some Resident widin de United States.”

Your Text, Dialectized (redneck):
    “No Varmint ‘cept a natural born an’ raised Citizen, o’ a Citizen of th’ United States, at th’ time of th’ Adopshun of this hyar Consteetooshun, shall be eligible t’th’ Office of President; neifer shall enny Varmint be eligible t’thet Office who shall not haf attained t’th’ Age of thirty five Years, an’ been fourteen Years a Resident wifin th’ United States.”

It doesn’t set well with me, either, Jeff.

Senator DeMint said that every time government gets involved to “fix” things, they get worse.

Obama has never run a business, has never owned a business, was not a student of economics, and has surrounded himself with thugs.

I don’t trust the federal government; I certainly do not trust Obama; I don’t trust liberal Democrats and some Republicans (which I hate like the dickens to admit); and I don’t have a lot of faith in the Georgia state legislators.

The more I learn, the dirtier I feel, and the harder it is to wind down at night to sleep. I mean, it’s kinda sad when one prays, “…and, God, please don’t let Congress be working all night tonight. We need our freedom when we wake up in the morning.”

I had a dear friend in SC who died a couple of years or so ago. Don said once that he wished that one of those 9-11 planes had flown down the chimney of the White House! (I was shocked!) I often wonder what he would think of things now. The stress from this administration probably would have killed Don the first week anyway.

5. goddessdivine says:

Very snarky. Loved it.

You are so right on re state and local govt in Louisiana for that disaster. I so tire of people blaming W, when his hands were tied due to an inept governor and mayor.

I don’t trust the government with much of anything these days.

6. Nathan says:

Great blog and great post. I love your quote about Obama’s teleprompter. I created a conservative blog for a college course at UNM and I am trying to draw some attention to it. Please check it out some time:

The clean energy power grid “smart grid” being proposed by the New administration and Uncle (lets charge it) Obama is being backed by the infamous founder of the internet, the one and only Al (the bore) Gore. Need I say anymore?

I don’t worry for Obama – he will have an emergency power supply for a TelePrompTer.

9. tm says:

With the all powerful Wizard of oz at the helm – the country will become california in no time.
    Your right. This man was advertised of being the most intelligent man “evah”. (This is the way my daughter tells me you spell it)
    Here’s my take:
    Ass of all trades, master of none.

10. PATRICK HENRY says:

Like the coach on MadTV says, this absurdity has reached 'a whol nutha levl'. I can't believe we are sitting for this. Lock & Load.

Ah, but if there ever was a revolution, the power grids around D.C. and Wall Street would make the most delicious first strike targets. The revolution’s calling card. Lights out on tyranny and treason.

12. 220 AC says:

Will there be enough power on the grid to give little Barry his shock therapy treatments? That little guy still thinks he is an American citizen.

13. Ian Thorpe says:

If you want to solve this problem the Liberals have with unforseen consequences for the GOP you will first have to get the religious wing over their problem with evolution.

it’s between 3 and 5 million years since men first stood erect (oops, pardon!) on the savannas of Africa or the Steppes of central Asia. Life was tough for them, everything they ate was faster, more nimble and better camouflaged than them. Everything that wanted to eat them was also faster plus being stronger and beter equipped.

Humans only had one advantage, intelligence. Those that used their intelligence and thought things through properly survived. The others made a very nice lunch for a lion or tiger.

Life continued to be tough until early in the 20th century. If people wanted life to be different to Thomas Hobbes’ definition (nasty, brutish and short) they had to use their brains. As soon as life stopped being tough evolution seemed to go into reverse.

Now we don’t want to go back to a medieval lifestyle but we have to find a way to motivate the mass of people. Or else what?

The 1960s BBC television drama “Year Of The Sex Olympics was in respect of its portrayal of a dumbed down society manipulated by government controlled media, uncannily accurate.

this whole power grid thing a a not so well camouflaged attempt to get control of a strategic industry. All wartime generals know about this stuff. The dems are just taking a proactive shot at it.

Other stratigic industries (companies) would include Exxon (energy), and Cargill/Conagra/Continental Grain (basic food stuffs). Military wars have been lost by not seizing these high ground points.

The amateurish obama has taken is first prisoner – GM. The booby prize of the 21st century.

So now the cat is out of the bag – yes bama is a card carrying socialist, and has no respect for contracts, or rule of law. obama siezes a company that should have been bankrupt 2 years ago.

Standards are so low – can’t we even have a world class despot running our country?? This guy is an idiot.