Next on the Bailout List … Freed Gitmo Detainees?

Welfare for Freed Gitmo Detainees?

(FROM: The Weekly Standard)

I wonder if the same government flunkies who will be charged with determining whether or not individual detainees are threatening or non-threatening will be the same people who will determine, for Tim Geithner, the companies big enough to take over and drive into the ground?

For the life of me, I cannot even fathom the complete dearth of common sense in Washington that we are actually considering not only bringing terrorist detainees into the United States, but releasing them as free men and paying for their integration into our society. Have we gone absolutely insane?

As an aside–pardon me for thinking aloud–can “enemy combatant” status still be asserted if we are no longer involved in a war? In fact, are there any enemies or adversaries in an Overseas Contingency Operation?

Comments

Their Mothers loved them why shouldn’t we? Hopefully they will all be placed in Texas.

2. tm says:

I have family currently in the military and know first hand that these men are homocidal psychotic murderers. If he actually does this he truly is the enemy within and should be brought up on charges of treason immediately. He is a traitor. He hates America.The people that calls themselves the Big media should be held on charges too for enabling this man and obstruction of justice.
    This is serious danger to our safety.

Wake up People!

AMERICANS LARGLY SILENT AS THEIR NATION IS SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYED

The Congressional Progressive Caucus – “Fairness For All”

“Is the table being set for One World Government rather than speeding the recovery of the worldwide recession at next week’s G20 London summit?”

Obamanation has taken the nation from a trillion in debt to over $4 trillion in debt in the first sixty days, with even more federal spending promised, which could put the nation $10 trillion in debt before the 2010 mid-term election cycle. Amnesty for illegals and ACORN led redistricting will make 2010 and beyond a moot point.

Still, beyond the movement to mail tea bags to members of congress or file another legal demand for proof of Obama’s constitutional eligibility for the office he holds, both of which are like whistling in the breeze, the people remain largely silent.

INCOMPETENT EVIL IN CHARGE
    What are Americans Waiting For?
    I don’t know what it will take to wake up the average American, but whatever it is, it hasn’t happened yet…

Frankly, I expected the people to revolt long before now. Clearly, I had underestimated the depth of apathy and tolerance for anti-American nonsense in the average modern American.

4. BlueWater says:

I think we should transfer them to Manhattan; then, just like every other prisoner who is released, give them $20 and drop them off on the street. I’m sure the people of that great city will see to it that they are appropriately cared for.

And Bush thought he had a handle on “Shock and Awe!” Obama has given the term a totally new definition.

6. WHY IS MY NOSE BLEEDING? says:

I think one of the detainees was at my drive thru window this morning. My coffee smelled a little anthraxy.

7. Claudia says:

Re: AMERICANS LARGLY SILENT AS THEIR NATION IS SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYED

It is not that we are silent, it is that we are being made to be silent by all of the letters and phone calls and faxes and emails that have been sent are not being reported or acted on. Our representatives in Congress and in our State Legs’ are not and have not been listening, OR ACTING WITH OUR DEMANDS OR REQUESTS IN MIND. They have conveniently OVERLOOKED or overridden our objections and protests at every turn and done exactly what they want to do in every single case that comes before them BECAUSE they think that our voice is NO LONGER VIABLE and therefore NO LONGER WANTED. I live in Nevada and Harry Reid is a wonderful example of all the above I just wrote about.

As far as thoe detainees coming to the US, it is abominable and a total insanity for anyone to turn them lose in our Country with whatever amount of our taxpayer dollars to “start” a life on our dime. They should be taken out and summarily just set loose on the soil of Cuba and if they want to get to America, let them swim here, do NOT give them a boat, do NOT give them any money, nor anything but the clothes on their backs and just tell them the door is open. “Here go,” if that is what is the a determined action to be taken by our illustrious President… by the closing of GITMO would unleash, these are not men by any fair standard of the word, they are animals and should be treated worse than we treat any animal on the planet, because most animals don’t destroy others of their kind just for the fun of it, they only do it in hunger situations, not for exhaultation of a greedy god. Many animals are far more caring and giving to their animal friends than Islamic terrorists are to everyone. Drop them on the shore and tell them where they are facing and let them go, swim for it, or do whatever they have to to survive in Cuba…

If they swim for it, the sharks will eat them, if they blend into Cuba, they Castro and his brother will see what they have gotten and hate them and hate us more, but WhoTF cares. The Communist solcialist Cuba might just love them, they have after all, all those self mutilating bombing and survival skills….

Anonymous 12:27:

I live in TX and we CERTAINLY do not want them here….but I will tell you, if they did come here, the good ol’ boys would know what to do with them!

9. dc says:

Obviously these cells are being emptied for this administration to occupy … right …?

Makes sense to me! Sooner the better.