London Calling (Is Anybody Listening?)

I’m delighted to see that this video clip has received the coverage that it has, having made its way across the cable networks, across the blogs, and across talk radio. While we were late on the bandwagon here (I’m studying, I swear!) I wanted to make sure we gave it a little attention too.

It’s incredible. I’d put this guy up against any of our congressional Democrats any day. This is the kind of outrage and cogent arguments we need to see from Republicans and common sense Democrats here on our side of the pond.

Comments

1. ahrcanum says:

AWESOME. And this guy can actually calculate the math on what each child will have to pay. Love the guy’s face sitting next to him in the beginning!

wish we could yell at our President like that…

This was such a brilliant use of the English language — and WITHOUT A TELEPROMPTER — that I was awestruck there are still people in the world who speak ENGLISH.

Of course the message he conveyed was brilliant as well and well over the head of many Americans.

This was well covered on Rush Limbaugh’s program as it was on Sean Hannity’s radio show. Kudos to them both!

And, oh, wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was a single so-called Republican in this country who would/could speak so eloquently against the destruction of the USA as it was founded.

4. goddessdivine says:

Wow. I’m giving that guy a standing ovation.

He didn’t even use a teleprompter.

5. George 8+1 says:

All that without a teleprompter!

While reading his blog, how surprised I was to find that Hannan supports Obama. The activity he notes in the latest posting in regards to lack of media coverage sounds too familiar.

Jeff, thank you for stopping your studies to put that up for us. I’ve been cleaning, running from one room to the other to hear this or watch that as I worked. I pure missed it.

But, I wish I had Barack Obama’s Teleprompter’s email address!

Dear Lord, please see that it gets to the right ears!

Now–coffee and books for you!

8. Mary Ann says:

I was just about to suggest that “Big Dan” skip across the lake and give our congressional republicans a seminar in how to speak with righteous anger to the extent that the democrats will have to go get their dictionaries to figure out what he just said. Then…I read the anonymous post that the idiot supports Obama. How can one so hell-bent on ringing the Prime Minister’s ass over mismanaging money support Barack Obama?

BHO has done a worse job of managing our entire country in 3 short months than any one else in history–not to mention the huge faux pas committed by the Obama family when exchanging gifts with the Prime Minister.

Is it just me, or who the whole world gone crazy? I’m almost ready to turn myself in to the home for the bewildered. Has anyone seen my teeth?

9. tm says:

Brilliant. Wish he was here.You think we could actively pursue this man to become head of the republican party ? cause frankly I was excited about steele – but he has pretty well been more lame then mc cain – we need this man’s tone NOW then we do some moderate right now.

I was actually told buy a Republican campaign worker this past weekend that the Republicans don’t like Palin because she didn’t pay her dues. How nice. He actually said that they are real big on seniority in the Republican Party and they want you to pay your dues. That’s worse than the Dems! The Democrats make no bones about putting in the new kid on the block if he can create a perpetual voting block regardless of whether or not it will destroy the country as we know it. I told this campaign worker we should be putting somebody up for the job that would be best for the American people! Bottom line.

So there you have it. If were talking seniority, I’d say McCain is up there.

Here’s what I would like to know. How can we get Hannity and Rush and O’Reilly to realize that they need to re-evaluate their legacy. When, not if; Obama/Soetoro is removed from office via impeachment or resignation…the history books are going to show that they were SILENT on Obama’s ineligibility to hold the office of POTUS and they have some culpability for this trashing of the Constitution because they…were SILENT.

Exodus 20:16 (New International Version)

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

In my book…silence would be the same as false testimony.

Any suggestions?

Pixel Patriot

11. PROZAC FOR TOTUS says:

TOTUS is crying

12. THIS HOW BARNEY STARTED? says:

Wow, never thought I could get a man-crush. It’s HAPPENED ! ha ha ha

13. SUPER NANNY GOVT STYLE says:

Screw sending tea bags…. send CHERRIO’s ! blimey we need this man chewing Obama’s arse out.

14. Laurie says:

Thanks for taking a few minutes from study (and I do hope it was a few minutes) to share this. Glenn Beck had this guy on his show last night and ran parts of this. I, like you and many who visit here, only wish we had someone so strong and with the guts to SPEAK UP here. Maybe, just maybe, someone will ….. follow his example.

15. BLING BLING PREZ says:

His prime minister may be devalued, our president is Fool’s Gold.

16. GLUED TO JEFF AND GANG says:

17. Lilly says:

I heard this on Rush yesterday but am so glad you posted the video here! This is awesome, now if someone here would get the balls to say the same thing to BO!

18. Roses, WA says:

Excellent, this is a video people should watch and share and watch and share. … I am so glad to see you sharing it here :-)

I wonder, a commenter says this guy supports Obama on his blog…guess he is a politician because he is trying to please someone with those positive comments. Or he hasn’t had time to see past the facade of Obama’s campaign rhetoric. Or maybe… he doesn’t like Brown either and thinks he deserved to be dissed by the new Prez :-)

Ladies and Gentlemen, We DO have such a person. Have you heard how Congresswoman Bachmann (R-MN) took on Geithner..asking him where in the Constitution did he find the authority to do what he’s been doing and wants to do? Keep your eye on her – she’s very articulate, passionate, smart as a whip and stands up for what is right. We need to urge our Senators to stand up and be our voice.

Keep up the good fight!
    laura

20. Rick says:

I find it scary that this speech could have easily been edited to replace Gordon Brown with Barack Obama and every word would still ring true. Either most of the Western world is completely incompetant pushing us towards bankruptcy or there is a concerted effort to to bring us all to the same place. Hmmm….I wonder which and where we might be heading. Any guesses?

21. cher-pa says:

Watched Daniel Hannan on Beck Yesterday he was great.He reminded me that all in this country is not lost.For We are a country that has a CONSTITUTION, which was put in place to protect us from big government.Lets do our jobs and protect her whatever the cost!

GLUED TO JEFF AND GANG said…
    “Anybody else developing an America’s Right addiction? I come here and end up forgetting to check my email and facebook. How does that serenity prayer go again?”

“God, grant me serenity to
    ACCEPT the things I cannot change,
    COURAGE to change the things I can,
    And the WISDOM to know the difference.”

(Yes, here’s another one addicted to America’s Right, and Buckshot is sitting right beside me!)

For concerns about Daniel Hannan supporting Obama, I recommend going to his blog – http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/Daniel_Hannan – scroll down to his article posted on Mar 22, 2009 titled “I won’t disown Obama – yet”, where he states his support for Obama was “faute-de-mieux” (For lack of something better). The links in this article will take you to previous articles written by Hannan on this subject.

In one of those previous articles titled “I was a conservative for Obama; now I can’t decide” he states, “My ideal president would one who was limited in his ambition; one who respected states’ rights and of the prerogatives of Congress; one, in short, who believed in the letter and the spirit of the US Constitution – which, it is often forgotten, ranks the legislature first, coming to the presidency only in Article 2.

Who comes closest? Ron Paul, obviously. But of McCain and Obama? I just can’t decide. What do you think, my friends? I’m genuinely open to persuasion.”

Follow the links in the first article and decide for yourself. Perhaps he’s been reading “America’s Right”.

That was an absolutely brilliant display of both language and emotions. I don’t think anybody could have worded that speech better. Someone in congress should seriously ask that man for rights to his speech because i don’t know how you could top that. Even England, a nation that typically has more left leaning policies, recognizes the absurdity of government spending!

Wow, what an amazing and true speech. It could definately be applied here in the U.S.