March 14-15, 2009 — Weekend Reading

Post-Rush: Obama’s Message War
(FROM: Politico) This isn’t the first time that Barack Obama has used his extensive network of campaign supporters to promote his agenda as president. Forget, for a moment, that between using the TelePrompTer constantly and turning his donor list into the White House equivalent of a Christmas Card address list, the president seems more comfortable on the campaign trail than in the White House. Take a look instead at just how well he uses the best-ever political ground game on non-campaign issues. Surely, he’s fundraising too, but that’s not even the point — the point is that the GOP will have their hands full competing in 2010 and 2012 with something other than a standard, cookie cutter campaign.

Maxine Waters Sought Bailout for Husband’s Bank
(FROM: Newsmax) Self-dealing among Democrats is nothing new, unfortunately. Yet, is it just because I’ve been traveling for most of the past two days and haven’t seen it, or is there really not that much news coverage of this issue? If this were a Republican, it would be game, set, match on his career, or at least his committee position.

SEE ALSO:

Dodd Draws Heat Over Cozy Irish Cottage Deal (Newsmax)

The Clear and Cohesive Message of the International Conference on Climate Change

(FROM: American Thinker) Coming southbound on I-95 as we were blowing past Florence, SC on Saturday morning, I saw a billboard which said something along the lines of “Love the Carolina coast? Rising seas from global warming could make it all go away” and I couldn’t help but laugh. More and more people are waking up to the alarmism and fear-mongering so inherent to the facade for global socialism that is the global warming/climate change movement. Here’s a quick excerpt from the piece (quick because I’m leaving to go eat some oysters):

Needless to say, the regressive tax increase which is Cap and Trade (CAT) was also a popular target.

CEI director Myron Ebell proclaimed John McCain’s loss last November to actually be good news, as McCain is the biggest supporter of CAT in the Senate and actually claims that energy rationing would be a net benefit to the economy. Ross Mckitrick blasted the idea of CAT systems with predetermined carbon caps as betraying a complete lack of faith in their design. If the goal is to force down carbon output, then a “truth-based” floating cap determined by temperature is called for. Suggesting we force down caps regardless of temperature response is a sign that they don’t believe their own rhetoric.

Dave Kreutzer warned that analytical models predict estimated aggregate losses to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of $4.8 trillion and job losses in the manufacturing sector of nearly 3 million by 2029 if CAT were imposed under S. 2191. That’s over and above the million manufacturing job losses economists predict will occur even if we do nothing.

Comments

Have you seen this yet?

Obama Signs Law Banning Federal Embryo Research Two Days After Signing Executive Order to OK

Makes for some good weekend reading.

Thanks for all you do,
    TJ

2. Irritated says:

Here’s another Maxine Waters gem. Watch her colleagues laugh as she tells an oil company exec she wants socialism and government control.

I hope you know I troll your site periodically hoping you might have the guts to cover the ineligibility of BHO issue. I skip all other content and move on to the patriotic American sites that will. I don’t expect you to post this, but I just want to let you know that with the dearth of information for which we Americans are seeking answers, there are probably many other visitors just like me that hit your site just long enough to see you have no relevant news or constructive information; i.e. Taitz, Donofrio, etc., so we just move on. When you start to do the right thing and get your priorities straight; you couldn’t begin to fathom just how much your site, readership and fan base would exponentially grow. Anything and everything else you might post, is INCONSEQUENTIAL.

Concerned American Citizen

4. Jeff Schreiber says:

Anonymous said…

First of all, I broke the story. Your friends Leo Donofrio and Orly Taitz may not be where they are now if this Web site hadn’t reached nearly three million people between August 21 and now.

Secondly, I don’t trust Orly Taitz. I think she’s a nice woman, I think her motives are pure, but she cannot help but go off-message. Furthermore, a few months ago, she actually LIED about speaking with John Roberts in a press releases. Completely fabricated a quote.

When Philip Berg challenged her on it, she told him that “it’s what [Roberts] would have said, if he had the chance.” Now, Berg won’t have anything to do with her.

Think about that for a moment — Philip Berg, who believes wholeheartedly that the American government took down the World Trade Center, does NOT believe Orly Taitz. What does that say?

I’ll cover the issue again when I see fit.

In the meantime, I am of the opinion that a valid issue, a valid question, was destroyed by people on the conspiratorial fringe who just couldn’t keep their eye on the ball.

Read Taitz’s filings — most of the time, they’re full of nonsense. Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge have nothing to do with Obama and his eligibility, yet they’re in one of her pleadings. Why?

Ultimately, despite her motives, she may do more harm than good, allowing for those on the left to dismiss anyone questioning Obama’s eligiblity as a quack. That’s not good.

To fight the mainstream press on an issue like this, you need a surgical approach. What she’s doing is throwing uncooked spaghetti against the wall and hoping that something sticks. It won’t work.

Anonymous said…

“I hope you know I troll your site periodically hoping you might have the guts to cover the ineligibility of BHO issue. I skip all other content and move on to the patriotic American sites that will. I don’t expect you to post this,…”

Anonymous, you would fare better if you would “troll” regularly–and by that I mean more than even once a day–to America’s Right. Here you will find truth, values, and the uncommon luxury of common sense!

As for your not expecting Jeff to post your comment(s), he most certainly will, regardless of what you have to say, unless it’s just hateful or (as some of mine have been that he didn’t post) off on a a tangent of frustration and rage that he knows does not need his comment space and which he knows I would regret later. (Thanks, Jeff.)

Rest assured, that if anything of importance or significance breaks on the eligibility topic, Jeff will be on it like a dog after a treat! Where did I learn that Chambliss had won his run-off election (in Georgia)? On America’s Right! Jeff’s in PA.

“I skip all other content and move on…”

(1) You’re missing a lot!
    (2) You would have learned here that the courts are not going to take up the subject of eligibility because of separation of powers. The courts at one time could have handled it, but not now. There are other avenues, however, that you would have learned about — right here on America’s Right. Jeff is aware of them, and he’ll tell us of breaking news when it happens.

And, thanks to a wealth of brilliant people who leave comments at America’s Right, this is a source of additional information stemming from their own research. You can learn more at America’s Right in five minutes than you can all day by reading major newspapers or by doing your “trolling!” Enjoy, now that you’ve found America’s Right! We do.

Well, here’s the latest “breaking news” about the eligibility question as reported by WND last night:

“Chief justice publicly accepts
    WND’s eligibility petition.
    Attorney Orly Taitz talks to Roberts, who agrees to read Obama-birth docs”
    –WND

Thoughts, Jeff et. al.? I am maintaining a wait and see posture.

JV

Emergency Broadcast!

WAKE UP!

8. Rick says:

Actually commenting on specific article.

Jeff, you are correct that the press would have treated this differently if it were a Rep. But, let’s not forget the amount of pork being hauled in by our fake friends in the Rep. party. Shelby, Specter, Snowe, etc. My fear is that too many on the right continue to play the Rep. vs. Dem. game. I have little faith in the small group of “conservatives” that have just now found their religion. The game is Us vs. Them. The sooner we realize that, the sooner we can band together and take back our gov’t from the Oligarchs. Thanks for your great blog and nice comeback to “Concerned American Citizen” who is obviously completely ignorant about your site.

If I hadn’t seen the eligibility article here, it don’t know when I might have found out about it. AmericasRight is my favorite Conservative site — right up on top with AmericanThinker.

Orly Taitz worries me too.

My theory, for what it’s worth, is that our Great Leaders(?!?) know full well Obama isn’t eligible (how could they not??) — and if he doesn’t “play nice,” he’ll be out on his ear.

IMPORTANT!! We should ALL be on Obama’s “Christmas List”!!

I signed up long ago because I want to see what’s going on (better to see it coming than be stabbed in the back).

What bothers me most are the “House Meetings.” I haven’t hosted one yet (hahaha, fat chance!) — but I (and my fellow BO supporters) are asked to do so on a regular basis (in between the emails peddling buttons, T-shirts, and other goodies).

After the “House Meeting,” the host is supposed to “report back.”

This creeps me out in a big way.

After the Stimulus was passed, they asked us to call the Senators and Congressmen who supported it and express our gratitude —

and “report back” on a form they provided.

I would love to attend a House Meeting incognito just to hear what they say, but truthfully, I’m afraid to. I don’t want to be on some list of Nonbelievers.

On a lighter note, He used to sign his emails “Barack.” Now that He’s in the Bighouse (sorry, of course I meant the Whitehouse), it’s “President Barack Obama.” Y’spoze that means we aren’t best friends anymore?

Want to watch a movie? Try The Obama Deception. It is highly educational!

Good response,Jeff. Do people not think that we are all concerned about the eligibility issue but both Orly and Phil Berg have caused some to become disillusioned with how they approached their case. I truly wish someone could have presented solid evidence so that it got the attention it deserved.

Jeff; Excellent response to “A Concerned American”.

This issue is potentially so large that anything other than a careful, well thought-out, approach will get nowhere other than to engender ridicule on the part of the media and the public.

In fact, in my opinion, it has become a moot point now that the election is over. Obama MAY not have been a legal candidate, but no one challenges the election itself, and I don’t think that any court is going to venture into the cataclysmic possibilities that overturning the election would present.

And BTW, most of us would not be such avid readers of your blog if you were to become fixated on the birth certificate issue. Of course we’re concerned about it, but to get mired in that issue would be, in my opinion, counter-productive to the over-arching cause of constitutional conservatism.

Old Bob

14. PEME says:

Jeff:

Perhaps it would behoove you to let Orly know what “al dente” means. I wholeheartedly agree with your statements even though her and others motives may be in the correct place. As with machinery or cooking a great spaghetti dinner, timing and precision are everything. Any who don’t think so should go loosen the nut that holds their distributer down in their car and set their “timing” by ear. They will learn very quickly about precision and timing. I fear America and her people may have lost the opportunity to know the truth behind BHO, but hopefully, someday through some means it will see the light of day and then all acts by this person called Obama would and should be immediately overturned.

Has anyone else gotten Peter and the Wolf syndrome yet? I don’t even want to hear Obama talk anymore about anything, and I’m a political junkie. It’s my sole addiction. The arrogance of this administration is very frightening and they need to slow the hell down.

Anonymous (at 6:40 p.m.) said

“The arrogance of this administration is very frightening and they need to slow the hell down.”

The arrogance of this administration is not the only frightening thing! Look up above and click on “The Obama Deception.”

A friend of mine called me about troops at a county airport. Now, all may be on the up and up; but in this day and age (the last two months), who the heck knows?

17. sharon says:

Anonymous, I have an idea…. Lets pretend we had a house party, and it did not go well then lets report back and see how it goes?I wonder what they would say if their supporters were going astray//Thanks for having the courage to get those e-mails and keep us informed.
    : )

Concerned American Citizen, I visit other places to read about the NBC cases. Frankly, I think it is better to not signal moves ahead of time by arguing the other side or offering random opinions. I look to this site for skilled writing, conservative trends and, sometimes, a wry chuckle or two.

“The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

- Cicero – 55 BC

20. Claudia says:

Actually to all ofo you who might not have looked at Leo’s site lately, he is alive and well and has figured out a new way to get the Separation of powers issue to be faced correctly and properly and has sent a letter to both Holder and DC United States Attorney Jeffrey Taylor and is hoping for a respponse, especiallly from Taylor. Holder probably won’t bite on this oen, as it really has the best chance of gtting the job done of all of the suits that have been propped up of late.

Go to: http://naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com

and read the letter and his entries about the Quo Warranto (parts 1 thru 3. He has been very busy of late and is getting the right stuff put together, again…… he is such an admirable genius about the Constitution, and I hope that someone will take this ball and run with it. It is a good way to get to our objective.

Sounds to me like Concerned Citizen is reading too much about the BC issue. The idea is right and true as far as it being a monumental issue, but it seems as though this person might be a little too emotionally attached to the issue if that is all he/she reads. The BC issue is inherently important, our Constitution at hand, but at face value, as things stand right at this very second…with this administration doing drastic and frightening things every day…(and let’s face it, trashing the Constitution not just with a BC) I think it’s important to focus on things we can do something about in the immediate scheme of things. The fact is is that he’s there and he aint going nowhere, ya know? So, trying to fight an issue that the Supreme Court won’t even touch, I don’t know. Like you said Jeff, there’s a certain approach that needs to be taken and handled delicately, and that takes far too long when we’re faced with so much on a daily basis. Maybe he’s hoping we’ll get distracted, which wouldn’t surprise me, but the fact is is that he’ll be taking us on this racetrack either way. If the BC issue is true, than be certain, somehow, someway, somewhere, it will come to light, but we have a tragic set of circumstances when our President is basically throwing this country off a cliff with his every action taken, and the BC isn’t gonna keep us from going over. And, you’re right…you did break the story…I’ve been around here for several months now. I had followed your site about that for accurate, factual, and reasonable accounts of what was going on. We all tried to get that to surface and become truth or not truth before he became president, and it didn’t work. So, what we have to work with now is what we face every day from this administration. If so much else wasn’t going on, then perhaps a “surgeon’s approach” as you mentioned, could be handled by more people. Right now, we need as many people on the frontlines as we can get.

22. Claudia says:

I always liked him, his acting and his politicall views were very refreshing (coming from Hollywood). He always showed a lot of class and guts.

RIP my friend. A very valuable life cut too short.

I’m sad to see Ron Silver go. He was a good man.

24. La Muse Poetique says:

Just a note: Did you mean to link to the article that you did with the last issue about Ron Silver?

I click it and it leads me to something about the death of Cleopatra’s younger sister…