Made For Each Other

Barack Obama, Gordon Brown, and the pending nightmare of a global New Deal

During the short time he spent as a United States Senator, Barack Obama truly authored only one piece of legislation, the Global Poverty Act, a socialist behemoth with an innocuous, almost virtuous name which would saddle America and the American people with an $845 billion global tax intended in the liberals’ idyllic fashion to fight poverty and respond to disasters across the world.

Across the pond, as a mere MP and Chancellor of the Exchequer, Gordon Brown outlined an ambitious and exponential expansion of government spending in the UK, and during his time as Chancellor studies showed that the poorest fifth of all households in Britain accounted for less than seven percent of taxes paid but roughly 28 percent of state benefits payouts.

Both leaders, with Obama as the American president and Brown as the British PM, seem to have a penchant for punishing the successful, Robin Hood-style, and evening out the divide between the classes by knocking the wage-earners and growth catalysts down a peg. Now, the two will have a chance to even out the first and third world by knocking the former down a peg.

According to a report in London’s Sunday Times, Brown is doing his level best to induce the American president into forging ahead with a global version of FDR’s New Deal, an effort through which the United States and Great Britain could work together in order “to solve global economic problems.” According to the Times, this “21st century ‘global new deal’ will . . . require public spending on a huge world-wide scale.”

In other words, just as American President Barack Obama has forced responsible Americans to artificially prop up those who have been irresponsible or just plain stupid, Brown is hoping to woo Obama (somehow, I think he’ll go for it) into ensuring that taxpayers in both nations prop up those across the world who, for one reason or another, cannot sustain themselves. It’ll be just like here in the States, where the self-reliant are expected to support the self-destructive — only on a global level. Brown explains further in a separate editorial, entitled “The Special Relationship is Going Global,” written for today’s Times:

I believe there is no challenge so great or so difficult that it cannot be overcome by America, Britain and the world working together. That is why President Obama and I will discuss this week a global new deal, whose impact can stretch from the villages of Africa to reforming the financial institutions of London and New York– and giving security to the hard-working families in every country.

I see this global new deal as an agreement that every continent injects resources into its economy. I believe that central to this new investment is that every country backs a green recovery for the future, that every country that wishes to participate in the international financial system agrees common principles for financial regulation, coordinated internationally, and changes to their own banking system that will bring us shared prosperity once again. And that, together, we must agree to reform the mandate and governance of global institutions to recognise the changing shape of the world economy and the emergence of new players.

It is a global new deal that will lay the foundations not just fora sustainable economic recovery but for a genuinely new era of international partnership in which all countries have a part to play. This programme of internationally coordinated actions includes six elements:

First, universal action to prevent the crisis spreading, to stimulate the global economy and to help reduce the severity and length of the global recession. Second, action to kick-start lending so that families and businesses can borrow again. Third, all countries renouncing protectionism, with a transparent mechanism to monitor commitments. Fourth, reform of international regulation to close regulatory gaps so shadow banking systems have nowhere to hide. Fifth, reform of our international financial institutions and the creation of an international early warning system. And last, coordinated international action to build tomorrow today – putting the world economy on an economically, environmentally and socially sustainable path towards future growth and recovery.

Brown is proposing the employment of the very same approach which extended America’s Great Depression by more than a half-dozen years and caused Japan’s “Lost Decade,” only on a global level, and Barack Obama will be more than happy to play along. As a result, we’re once again going to send good money after bad, rely on the boneheaded notion that we can somehow spend our way out of crisis, stifle further growth with augmented regulations, and inject government where it does not belong.

And, as an added bonus to those who, like me, teeter on the edge of a massive coronary at even the mention of “climate change,” this farcical attempt at recovery is going to be green! Oh, thank God. I feel much better knowing that our future as not only a nation but an entire planet will not be mortgaged in favor of one myth–Keynesian economics–but two myths. Now that’s putting taxpayer money to work.

It’s going to take all of the tea in China to protest this massive leap toward global socialism — but with all the money being spent by the Chinese to buy American debt, I’m not so sure the Chinese will want any of our currency for it. Honestly, if it weren’t for the ominous reality of an entire globe being flushed down the toilet at the hands of socialists on both sides of the Atlantic, the prospect of the British throwing a tea party-style protest might be a funny one.

In the meantime, however, I’m sure not laughing. Neither, I hope, are the British people.

Comments

Idiots. All of them.

gordon brown is bad, but not as bad as the anoited, he has been extremely pernicious for england,i do not think he would get re-elected, but he is not trying to put the state inside out, and there is nothing shadawy about his origen, neither his political highway¡¡¡¡¡….unfortunately we can not say the same for “our”¡¡¡¡

Is there no end to this nonsense? I personally don’t believe our little Kenyan president could pull that off. People are getting so angry over his budget and other sundry outrages that he wouldn’t even dare try it. Would he?

On another topic, AOL posted a very one-sided article about the birth certificate controversy. It referred disparagingly to those who question Dear Leader’s eligibility along those lines as “Birthers” and then went through the usual litany of reasons why the whole topic is ridiculous. Good ol’ AOL, just keepin’ it objective for us.

I’m wondering why AOL would address the subject at this time when they’ve been able to ignore it pretty effectively. Maybe they see the growing anger of so many people about the economic rape and sodomy that’s now being done to the country. Or maybe something is up that we haven’t heard about yet.

JV

The Brits need to start having their own ‘tea parties’…between Brown and the Muslims, they are in big trouble…how did two great nations end up with these fascist, socialist bozoes? God Save Us All!

Maybe you went with the boring CPAC story because there was NOTHING to report regarding the “Great American Tea Protest.” Maybe it would have to be labeled the “Tea Bust”. I personally attended the “protest” in Sacramento. At its peak, I counted 51 people. Very few griping about Obama. Most of it was directed to Arnold and the budget mess in California. It did give those people some publicity, so I guess it was worth it. I researched a bit last night and as best I can tell, and the lack of info on the RW sites is very telling, that there were a couple of thousand people NATIONWIDE out there with their tea bags polluting our rivers and waterways.
    The silence regarding this silliness is deafening :-) Nice try though! At least there were a few more people than the Supreme Court protest!
    There is a great article regarding the tin-hats on Politico.com…check it out.

6. MUJERLATINA says:

QUE VERGUENZA!!!!! (WHAT A DISGRACE)

7. goddessdivine says:

I feel like the Constitution is crumbling before our very eyes. Why in the world are we responsible to take care of every one? Not only is it wrong to burden the ‘rich’ and successful, but if other countries have corrupt governments (which many do), those nations will never see their way out of poverty. So, are we just going to add more to the deficit? What’s another 3 or 4 trillion, right?

Limbaugh had it right: You’re not elevating the poor; you’re impoverishing the rich. It is not right to take from others to give away. This so-called ‘economic stimulus’ has never worked anywhere–ever. It’s like our leaders are completely delusional.

(I too feel beginnings of a ‘massive coronary’ at the mention of climate change…..)

When do the impeachment trials begin?

Maniacs … the megalo type.

Once everyone is reduced to slave labor what/who will keep them in order and just who will pay for that control maintenance? Everyone going to China to get their debts paid off?

Ah, the scene is being set for the great malevolent one – THE person/anti-Christ who will be a world sized Obama type character. Now we’re witnessing his minions preparing his way.

Well, I just watched Newt Gingrich on 60 Minutes saying that Bobby Jindal would be a Presidential contender for many years to come.

It seems the Republican party has now adopted the attitude of Democrats, Media, Congress, the Courts and everyone else in control in this country — that Constitutional requirements for President and Vice-President of the United States are officially dead….

just like our former Constitutional Republic.

11. Craig and Susie says:

Man, it’s gonna get harder to sing along to the Lee Greenwood song, because I sure don’t feel proud right now.

I am getting to the point of not wanting to even read any news at the rate this administration is screwing us over. And this business of czars what does an urban czar do but take taxpayer money? We were going to retire next year but probably never will now as long we have jobs. Just unreal what is going on in this country. I agree with anonymous above. They are all idiots and just drunk on power! God help us! I am hanging in here and appreciate all you do Jeff!

Thanks,
    jmi

Didn’t you HEAR Obama when he talked about “spreading the wealth” in his campaign? Kenya was jumping up and down when he was elected: “We’ve got the White House!” (Excuse me? “We?”)

Obama announced his candidacy in Colorado; he signed his Pork Bill in Colorado; the New World Order Airport (Google that, if you didn’t click the links I put up before) is in Colorado. An e-newsletter asked, “Why did Obama go to Colorado?” I made it a point to find out. The Denver International Airport is the backup for Washington, D.C. and the Western Headquarters for the New World Order.

Don’t think Obama will “go” for the Global Poverty Act, when he sponsored it? Don’t think he will “go” for global spending? Remember, I said to watch for and fight against anything “global.”

We can’t get Obama out of office, but maybe we can recall some of his minions. If not, then we can get busy with our legislators. Call the state house or senate clerk and ask if there is state legislation pending for sovereignty. If so, write and call to support it. If not, start talking with your lawmakers and explain why it is necessary! And, that it needs to be done as soon as possible! There is a cutoff date for introducing new legislation.

This is serious stuff, y’all! Our future, well-being, and lives depend upon how well we do. I went to the political chat rooms and got fed up with them. They’re talking about movies, etc. Small talk. I can do more on my own, and I’ll do it until somebody puts a bullet in me to shut me up. I have grandchildren depending on me–AND ON YOU!

Jeff, I absolutely love you for the information you bring to us, for all the work you do for us and your family and school, and for providing us a place to share comments to help and enlighten each other.

Says it all.

Scroll to the 4th and 5th videos to see the difference between Sarah’s and Mitt’s treatment of people.

Oh, and if this isn’t just continuing the outrage, am I the only one who saw on Fox tonight, the Obama service corpe commercial?
    SERIOUSLY!!!!

Jeff, please inform us on this issue. He is trying to propogandize his efforts of “community service” by putting our youth into service corpes! This is exactly what he openly said he would do with his “Citizens Security Force”, or whatever the heck that’s called. You know, folks, the jackboots? Oh Good Lord, please don’t let us all go down with this ship of fools, crooks, and blind. My gracious I am horrified at his “audacity”. Look what he has done in just SIX WEEKS! WHAT NEXT?
    We have got to start screaming louder and in public forums…like the tea parties…because now this evil is coming after our children for servtitude of the state!
    Dissent while you still can because they are systematically shutting down our rights to do so.

How is this man allowed to remain in office when clearly he is trying to nullify the Constitution, his birth is unanswered, he intends to reshape America as we know it, and is committing criminal acts of financial and political control over the America people??????

Service corpes? Look it up…I think it’s servicecorpe.org or something of that nature.

It is ServiceNation.

I’ve been harping on this for some time. The “summit” was back last October and both McCain and Obama attended. That is when I got the sick feeling that no matter who we got, this nonsense was coming. It was just a matter of how aggressively.

17. toto says:

Just one more step towards “One world Order”, or government. Maybe another step in the direction towards the fabians societies dream.

Its amazing to me, that in the campaign speeches, Obama railed against Bush for having a $500 million budget shortfall, and thats over 8 years, in a mere 30 days, O has trebled this massive budget shortfall, and people still think he’s wonderful, give me a break.

Okay, everybody…you can call me a conspiratorist now. I firmly believe that this global stuff has been in the works for a very long time, and it is NOT born of stupidity or ignorance! There is a malevolent agenda here.

I have been doing my research and connecting the dots, reading some very weird stuff (which I will not believe until I verify, BTW). Think about it:

1) The Federal Reserve: Manipulating and controlling our monetary policy for a century. The Bank of England has a lot of connection and power over our banking industry!

2) The Council on Foreign Relations: Invitation only group that has just “coincidentally” had many national leaders in banking, industry, government, and media. This group has very marxist and globalist agendas…you just have to dig for good info on this group.

3) The UN. Need I say more?

4) The green global initiative…environmentalism is a socialist tool for control. Did anyone know that the Nazi regime was very into environmentalism, animal rights, vegetarianism, etc…

5) The upcoming “Smart Grid”. This is scary! Do your research.

GLOBALISM IS COMING, PEOPLE!!! So fast, I am stunned. We must all get our families prepared. Google “survival manuals” and you can find info on how to get ready for whatever is coming.

Please tell me I am not the only one who is figuring this stuff out.

19. Ian Thorpe says:

What Brown is desperately trying to do is salvage “the special relationship” a phrase coined by Churchill after WW2 I believe.

Since 1960 or thereabouts the “special relationship” has only existed in the minds of British Prime Ministers who tried to cling to the coat-tails of American Presidents in ordfer to make themselves feel more important. The exception is the 1980s when Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan genuinely shared mutual respect but Maggie is not remembered as affectionately here
    as across the pond. Her policies might have succeeded economically in the short termdid a lot of harm. We are just now reaping the rewards of Thatcherite economics.

Our country has to accept two world wars and the loss of an Empire in a few decades finished us as a world power. Everyone here, except for those in politics knows this but leaders still think their role has more global importance than it ever again will have.

Gordon Brown is guilty of extreme hypocrisy. Having been a leading member of the Labour Party hierarchy which wholeheartedly embraced global capitalism and, as Chancellor, while responsible for managing financial policy having overseen more privatisation and deregulation than Margaret Thatcher did he is now extolling globalised Keynesian economics simply for the purpose of sucking up to Obama. Like all economic and social philosophies Keynes looks good on paper but has no place in reality.

Brown may last out the year though it looks increasingly less likely. David Cameron the Conservative leader will not easily fall for Obama’s messiah schtick so don’t count on anything planned next week ever being enacted.

20. Whats_up says:

To Anonymous in regards to citizen issue.

Can you please point to the Article or Section of the Constitution that who believe disqualifies Jindal to be President. As far as I can tell he qualifies, he was born in the United States and per the 14th Amendment that is all that needs to occur

The Global Poverty Act and all the other “New World Order” business is interesting, and there’s probably something to some of it. It wouldn’t work, though. Our republic is much too strong for that; any movement that tried such a thing wouldn’t survive, much less succeed. So let them make their move if they are going to. Then crush them.

I mean, really. Do you think this little Kenyan clown could actually hang an $845 bil “international tax” on us? The states would rise up, many if not most democrat congessmen would balk (in order to save their precious jobs at the very least), and the whole thing would come undone. It’s the same with any global warming tax, etc.

Personally, I believe the Obama administration is doing more harm to the Democrats than anyone else. What he has done so far is so outrageous, and the consequences of his acts will be so damaging to the general working population, that they may be setting themselves up for a major defeat. Well, as a famous general once said, “Never interrupt your opponent while he is making a mistake.”

No, I say bring ‘em on. I’m ready; I’ll piss on their shoes and ask them if it was supposed to rain today. I ain’t skeered. And I think we saw some attitude coming out of the weekend’s CPAC conference, too. Go Rush!

(One speaker at CPAC also made a brief comment about Obama’s citizenship issue. That drew a round of applause, of course. I don’t remember the speaker’s name, but it’s on Youtube.)

JV

I am sick and tired of hearing BO referred to as “Robin Hood”! If anyone has read a book on Hood or seen the latest BBC version of the story of Robin Hood, you will plainly see that Robin stole from the sheriff. Robin stole from the government the taxes that the government collected from the people and gave the taxes back to the people. The people were all so poor because the government had taxed them to the poor house, which is right where we’re headed! Obama is “The Sheriff of Nottingham”!
    WE are Robin Hood! WE must do all we can to stop the Sheriff! Write, call, attend tea parties, and expose the imposter for who he is!

23. dc says:

Dear Courageous Americans, "Thanks!" for standing for Goodness and American Values! May the TRUE "Prince of Peace" be your stronghold and shield!

We all know that this "1 World" Gov. has been inching closer and closer, even before many of us were born.

The mind-set root is exemplified by the Tower of Babel, and the premise is still the same: anti-God; lust; pride; control; restraint; power; greed, etc.

The LORD God confused their "1 language" into many and broke them up into groups – that scattered. HE broke up their "unity" and "collectivity" because it was "foul" ~ just like today.

The "Tower" today is different from the physical Tower, but the intent is the same.

You might find this of interest: "internment camps"

All this makes us sick inside, but consider how you'd feel if you were the LOVING God of Creation!

Because of the "evilness (continually) in the minds and hearts" God flushed the earth and basically started over (Flood; Noah). Now we see why! HE will use "fire" this time (similar: Sodom & Gomorrah).

If the wrong, anti-God, people are in power and we can't do anything about it, there is ONE who can, and will! Keep standing and watchful!
    HE "is" Faithful and True!

I still believe that obama is vunrable on the natural born issue. The gov. is counting on the people to just accept that he is elegible when it is a matter that the Supreme Court must adress.Scaleia Kennedy Thomas Roberts hold that the Constitution must be upheld as it is written. If the american people would make this an issue the Court would have to react. That is what we have got to do. Force the issue.I am certan that olny a Constitutional admendment will change what makes obamas presidency illeagal.Please comment and respond lets get him on this!!!

I too have been researching and looking for other sources to verify what I have suspected – The Bilderberg Conferences – every year since 1954 -
    Elite Affluence gathering to manipulate global economics – have their hand in selecting individuals they would like to see be US pres – ? not far fetched – news reports out of Canada broke info about this secretive group of 120-130 in 1996 – found out more then than any other attempt to expose this group – and the list of names from all over the world is astounding ( Bill Clinton was invited to attend when he was an obscure gov from Arkansas and 2 years later he was elected – Wake up America and use your weapon the Constitution to fight Tyranny – the time has arrived to use our voice of opostion / we cannot be cowards – as Eric Holder calls us – and comment to the person who thought the TEA PARTYS were in- effective – The Boston Tea Party was a small group – not close to a majority – and its results gave us Independence !!!
    Go for it America ! Do not give uo your free will guaranteed to you by the Almighty and written into law – the constitution !!!
    Look up Bilderbergs !!!! gotta stop this madness and BELIEVE we can – I love my country and it brings me to tears to see so many blinded by feelings rather than using their minds and wisdom to stop this MADNESS – do not allow our country to be turned into a Godless – socialist world where multicultural communities are more important than the freedom to choose independently what life you will lead – stealing your free will is no governments right , only if you are Hiltler – and right now this administration is hell bent on destroying the first 5 amendments ( re read them ) all liberties and freedoms are under assault – its not big brother
    ITS BIG DADDY !!! How we do anything is going to be forced on us – schooling , mortgage rightoffs on taxes – voting is a JOKE – Wake up – smell the burning of the flag as she turns to ashes !!!!!!!!!!
    If you are a competitive American , put on your football gear and get out on that field – we have to WINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Bildeberg is related to the Council on Foreign Relations….I bet they are!

A great read on the CFR is “Shadows of Power”.

All of our pundits are leaving out an important piece of the puzzle: the hidden forces of power that fly below the radar like the FED, CFR, and Bildeberg.

Why? Are they afraid of exposing them? I can’t understand it!

27. Dee says:

I am also getting tired of the implication that only Republicans are “rich”. I think that the net worth of many of the rich Democrats should be made public. I don’t think that either Nancy or Harry are hurting. Then there’s John Kerry.
    I recently read an article where BO admits that many of his programs will help the African-American population. Was he not voted to represent all of us, no matter what color we are? My maternal grandparents came from Yugoslavia and could not even speak English. They learned and they worked. My paternal great great grandparents came from Ireland during the potato famine. They also worked and made a living. I am tired of these “victims”. When do people become responsible for themselves?
    Sorry for the rant. Everytime I read about the next proposal, I get upset.
    Thank you, Jeff, for your thought provoking articles.

28. CAL says:

As far as I am concerned, America has been engaged in a global new deal for quite some time. How much money has the US given away to foreign governments in the name of economic development, disaster relief, disease prevention and keeping the peace????? I am fed up with all of it. I want to keep my own money and I want all these marxist/facsists hands off of it!

Have you ever asked yourself “Who owns America?”

Does it belong to the owners of land and buildings? If so, that means that it can be bought by any investor, foreign or domestic, who has the means to do so. This includes those who (most are foreign lenders) are financing this incredible spending spree by the Obama administration.

Does it belong to the financial instituions? If so, globalism has already become the domimant force in that sector of our existance. We have become a nation of indebtedness, and debtors always live in a state of bondage to their creditors.

Does it belong to whomever the voting majority – the party in power – happens to be at any given time? That sounds reasonable in a representative republic, but what if that majority does not respect or follow the Constitution?

No, I believe that the United States of America belongs exclusively to those who are strict Constitutionalists. That, of necessity, encompasses Judeo/Christian values because those values informed all of the principles ennumerated by the Founders.

So then, this gives rise to the question, “What has been required in the past to both secure the opportunity to form this country, but also preserve it’s freedoms over the years since it’s foundation?”

That is the central question before us and the answer to that question will inform all of the decisions and actions that we “Constitutionists” choose to take.

Old Bob

P.S. To the earlier writer who begged someone to assure him/her that they are not alone, you aren’t.

30. dc says:

After reading some of the “resources” stated in the article regarding “enforcement/internment camps” I suggest “reader beware.

Sorry to post it before checking out “all” the references first. Thanks!

yes I believe the Bildeberg group and CFR are related
    and our government and financial systems are totally manipulated > question is What can we do about it ? and we must not deny the knowledge before us .
    Keep the info flowing and do what you can to voice opposition . Pray for help from above and act like it all depends on you !

Another website called the obama constitutional issue a choice of a hard or soft option.The soft option is what we have now,that obama is elegible by 14th admendment. The hard option the true definition of natural born, that is born of two citizens per the article 2. How can I get people to start talking about this? It is like a smoking 800 pound turd that no one wants to touch.What are some others thoughts on this? If enough noise is made the gov will react as well as the media.Email if you like; geoffminoltanut@hotmail.com. Please no attacks just rational responces.I am fighting this for my fathers generation and my grandsons. Gods Grace

33. Whats_up says:

Article 2 doesnt state that you have to be born from two american parents? How do you come up with that, now I am just more confused.

Intent of Natural Born is dual citizenship and the danger from having a president not born of two citizens.Obama was born to a british citizen. He is a citizen per 14th but he is not by the constitution Natural Born.

35. whats_up says:

Again, you say that Obama is not Natural born by the Constitution but nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have to have two parents that are American, am i missing something, can you point me to the article or amendment that states you must have two american parents?

The framers lived in a time where terms such as ‘Natural Born’were in commen usage. Today we are much more literal,we have trouble understanding the nuance in phrasing and wordage.The framers were fighing a grim war of independence from England. Their fear was that a president whos citizenship was not a natural result of the parents both being citizens could raise concerns of allegence and national sovernty. Natural born is not a law, it is a natural act,you are because your parents were. The 14th admendment conferred citizenship on a child born of two non citizen parents, within the nation, but that was not natural born. Yes I agree with those who say this is confusing,but this is the founders intent of natural born. Only by admendment can this be changed,not by congrss passing a law.From the time the 14th was radified the term natural born, as it was intended, has not been ruled on by the supreme Court. Therefore the meaning remains two citizens born in this country. To sumerize, natural born is a natural act, born a citizen is law.Obama is a citizen by birth per the 14th. By article 2 as it was intended he is not natural born.His father was kenyan and a British subject. Olny his mother was naturalborn and a citizen.If this is not a threat to Obama why is congress trying to radify and speed an admendment to change article 2? Why did congress pass a resolution in 2008 that upheld the framers intent of natural born.Obama is smokscreening by using the 14th,and the goverment is complissent in this sad affair.

My name is Geoff and I am not very good with computors,nor can I spell. But this obama and the deception behind him is unlike anything I can find in our nations past.We have had good and bad leadership, goverment is always to some extent corrupt, but events now are like what destroyed Russia, Germany,Japan in the 20th century. Look at Cuba, North Korea today.The PC term is socialism,but it is the same as totalarion,fasisim,communisium.Once the door is pried open and the seeds of this evil take root it is very likely that destruction will result. In every nation that became socilist the people embraced what sounded fair and equatible for all.Only after it was too late did the people learn that it all was a lie.The founders understood this bitter lesson very clearly and wrote a Constitution to give a nation the weapons to fight this evil. They wrote many warnings that the citizens have to stand vigilent,and be willing to defend their pricless gift.The framers could not envision a future time when the most powerful weapon, education would be used against freedom. It is only with sites such as this one, that there remains hope that perhaps it is not too late. This nation has a spirit of freedom that has carried it through many past trials.Please work with those of us that fight to preserve that freedom.