Making the Frustration Work

Fox News Channel’s Glenn Beck sure got it right today. I can see, within the first minute of this, that he was feeling exactly the same way I was today.

We’ve got a couple of things coming down the pike here at America’s Right, and because my time is stretched so thin, I thought I’d give everyone a quick head’s up with regard to what you can look for in the near future. Obviously, the economy and new budget are certainly on my mind and likely yours, so we’re definitely not done with that — in fact, we need to talk a little about the Republicans who accounted for 40 percent of the earmarks in the $410 billion appropriations bill. Also, we’re seeing that the Obama administration is seeking to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban, so we’ll handle that as well.

I was able to obtain some great comments from a few conservative congressmen today about both issues, and I’ve been in touch with one of the attorneys who represented Dick Heller in the landmark Supreme Court gun case for some added perspective on the Assault Weapons Ban. All in all, while most of the upcoming material is still in planning stages in my head, I think there’s some good things coming.

Please be patient, though. Between the “Tea Party Revolt” on Saturday and studying throughout the rest of the weekend, time will be stretched exceptionally thin but I’ll be writing a few minutes here and there whenever I have the chance, so I don’t know exactly when new material will come up. Still, please check back every so often in case something forces my hand like the budget unveiling did today. Plus, you never know when one of our fantastic contributors will churn out something great.

In the meantime, get informed, get angry, and ensure that others are doing the same.

– Jeff

P.S. Incidentally, with regard to the earmark Glenn Beck spoke about at the end of the clip, the one requested by then-Sen. Barack Obama which will now be wiped clean of his name, I think we should all remember how strongly Obama came out in favor of earmark reform, and how he told CNN in April of last year that he would not be seeking earmarks for fiscal year 2009.

Comments

1. goddessdivine says:

Keep up the good work, Jeff. And by all means, don’t let your studies suffer!

Great Glenn Beck clip. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff-

Please be studious and be open to the law you are studying. You may serendipitously discover the key!

Your last thought (ensure that others are doing the same) compels me to ask, “How?” It is rare that I find anyone NOT offened when I bring up the eligibility issue or what is going on in our Capitol. And, when I do, they seem reluctant to speak up.

Is it the old social rule, “Avoid politics and religion?”

Latest Obama joke:
    One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

To those who do not know, to open a link in a new window, use the right-click and choose the “new window” option from the menu that pops up.

I am so glad to see an awakening that these problems transcend party lines. I don’t want 8 years of your guy, then 8 years of mine, and be content to turn my head while my guy is there. They both walk in their own brand of corruption and that dog is not gonna hunt anymore!!! The system is completely broken and needs overhauled, not tweaked.

Don’t discount a third party. Just think what Perot once did. He siphoned off quite a bit of votes despite his whiny quirkiness.

4. Jeff Schreiber says:

Yes. THANK you.

I’m a conservative. No bones about it. But I’ll take anything that works, and anything that comports with our founders’ ideas for America in the process.

5. CrystalD says:

Each day the nightmare worsens, I drop by here for sanity, keep up the good work.

It is unfortunate that alot of people will not “wake up” to what is happening until it directly effects them.

Our freedoms, rights and way of life are under vicious assault.

Pray.

6. Lisa says:

I listen to Glenn Beck’s radio show as well as watch his tv show. And as good as he is on a daily basis… When I saw this show today… I found myself yelling at the tv in agreement. This is one of the most powerful (and true and representative) piece I think I’ve EVER seen. He managed to give voice to all of our anger. I was blown away!!!

Thanks, Jeff, for posting this, I think this piece needs to be all over the place for every American to see.

America’s right is an excellent site for up-to-date information. If you really want to get to the grass roots level for participation, go to resistnet.com, grassfire.org, numberusa.com and plainsradio.com Plains radio will have several state legislators on its evening program on Friday. They will be discussing a number of issues, including the state sovereignty issue, of which there are now 31 (states) participants. You can see a compiling of that information at http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa-mo-nh-ok-claiming-sovereignty/

It’s up to us…gotta stop the madness!

Jeff, it’s all about Alinsky.
    Obama is following a play by play in his handbook.
    This is a disaster and it’s only just begun.
    And our troops? Have they just been swept by the wayside on those dusty roads overseas? Dick Morris had a nice comment about that.
    Good luck on your studies. Stay focused. And keep up the good work. I’m here everyday looking for more.

9. Jose Alvarez says:

Are we so stupid?
    I think we are.

10. Josh says:

I hate turning things like these into a one-sided problem, because they’re really not one-sided.

But when you have millions upon millions of people refusing to stand up to this insanity becuase “Obama is a ‘good leader’” it just makes you wanna crush a full soda can over somebody’s head!

The Audacity of Hope? How about the audacity of saying something to our faces and then not only allowing politicians to do the same thing you spoke against, but to do is yourself and try to cover up the evidence!

Well, there’s nothing I can say about it that hasn’t already been said. If this BS doesn’t make America wake up, I’m really not sure what will. And

11. CAL says:

Anonymous – regarding your Perot comment:

Yes, Perot siphoned off quite a bit of votes and that left us with Clinton. We are paying for it today with 9-11 and the mortgage meltdown.

12. CAL says:

Looking forward to hearing which republican congressman were to blame for the 40% of earmarks in the latest bill. Can’t wait to call their offices. I think we all should.

No use getting upset. NOTHING will stop massive legislation from being rammed through Congress over the next 2 years. What would be smart is to find any pork or legislation that benefits the mainstream media to prove collusion in order to discredit them when they attack republican opponents in the next congressional election. The MSM put Obama in office. Let’s make sure they don’t continue to champion socialism.

Glenn Beck has had some great shows – and this is one of his very best. Thanks for showing this one.

Jeff, during these days when you are so pressed for time, there may be some help. Go to Investors Business Daily Cartoons, and print one of Michael Ramirez’ inimitable cartoons (if that is permissible). Maybe the one from Feb 20, for example (or most any one from the last 2-3 weeks, like today’s.) You wouldn’t even have to write anything, a picture is worth (more than) a thousand words.

Good luck with your studies. Try to get at least a little sleep somewhere along the way. Thank you more than I can say for all that you do. Take care.

bebe

CAL said,

And so your solution is…. ?

3rd party? Bad idea.

Hold nose and vote GOP? Because their earmarks are more tasty than Democrats’ earmarks?

You did know that H3221, The American Housing Rescue and Foreclosure Prevention Act was signed in July 2008 under Bush’s watch? Go check it out. Oh, and amazingly my two GA RINO senators voted for it then. TARP 1? Yea, they voted for that too. They were for it before they were against it.

This idea is not something new with 0; 0 just heaps it up and piles it higher.

Looking forward to hearing your solutions.

Glad you are going to the Tea Party..wish there was one closer to me…maybe we can organize one.
    Glenn’s commentary reflects the frustrations many of us feel and he is right, don’t know if Michael Steele will be able to represent and motivate our base the way we had hoped he would. I think we all are searching for ways to give a voice to our outrage….in our community, we organized a HuckPac meeting to discuss conservative issues and learn how to support other conservative candidates…it was an interesting dialogue about various issues including the Fair Tax….Jeff, I am wondering how you or anyone else on this site feels about this issue…I am trying to learn more about it but it makes sense to me. One of the things we discussed at our meeting was how to involve young people in conservative issues…obviously, many of that age group are mesmerized and fascinated by the Obama ‘rock star’ personna but I don’t think they even understand anything that this man stands for or what damage he is doing to our country. That is one thing we need to focus on…educating the high school and college age kids who will be voting one day if not already. ENJOY the TEA PARTY!

17. MaryAlice says:

If this is true, we have sold the USA to the Chinese. Can anyone confirm?

See this from Bloomberg:

Did we sell our country to the Chinese???

halturnershow.blogspot.com/2009/02/feds-grant-eminent-domain-as-collateral.html

Thanks, Mary Alice

The biggest problem is NOT the economy.Its TREASON.

19. Laurie says:

Jeff, a friend of mine sent me this today….it is the first time I saw it, but it may be old so feel free not to post if this is old news…

Catching Wild Pigs

A chemistry professor in a large college had some exchange students in the class. One day while the class was in the lab the professor noticed one young man (exchange student) who kept rubbing his back, and stretching as if his back hurt.

The professor asked the young man what was the matter. The student told him he had a bullet lodged in his back. He had been shot while fighting communists in his native country who were trying to overthrow his country’s government and install a new communist government.

In the midst of his story he looked at the professor and asked a strange question. He asked, ‘Do you know how to catch wild pigs?’

The professor thought it was a joke and asked for the punch line. The young man said this was no joke. ‘You catch wild pigs by finding a suitable place in the woods and putting corn on the ground. The pigs find it and begin to come everyday to eat the free corn. When they are used to coming every day, you put a fence down one side of the place where they are used to coming. When they get used to the fence, they begin to eat the corn again and you put up another side of the fence. They get used to that and start to eat again. You continue until you have all four sides of the fence up with a gate in the last side. The pigs, who are used to the free corn, start to come through the gate to eat, you slam the gate on them and catch the whole herd.

Suddenly the wild pigs have lost their freedom. They run around and around inside the fence, but they are caught. Soon they go back to eating the free corn. They are so used to it that they have forgotten how to forage in the woods for themselves, so they accept their captivity.

The young man then told the professor that is exactly what he sees happening to America . The government keeps pushing us toward socialism and keeps spreading the free corn out in the form of programs such as supplemental income, tax credit for unearned income, tobacco subsidies, dairy subsidies, payments not to plant crops (CRP), welfare, medicine, drugs, etc.. While we continually lose our freedoms — just a little at a time.

One should always remember: There is no such thing as a free lunch! Also, a politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself.

Keep your eyes on the newly elected politicians who are about to slam the gate on America.

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have” Thomas Jefferson

Rick Santelli's Tea Party Website http://www.reteaparty.com/

The Resistance is gaining steam! I just pray that it accelerates at lightning speed before its too late. I stumbled across this poem that is circulating widely on the internet. The author has given permission for distribution.
    The poem can be found in the comments section of this website http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa-mo … vereignty/

The Reluctant Patriot
    20 09 2008
    By Archangel

So you say I’m Al-CIA-da, you gave me this name,
    But what are my crimes then ? And fortune to fame ?
    You say that I’m white now, hiding out in plain site,
    A new “Boogeyman,” you’ve created, for your never ending fight.
    You say I could strike now, anywhere on the planet,
    With either, nuclear, bio, or chemical, you save that, ” I have it ! ”
    But we’ve heard it before, with Saddam Hussein,
    We’re not stupid as we once were, we’re not playin’ that game.
    We’ve been lied to & misled, had all our rights taken,
    For your “False War on Terror,” if I’m not mistaken ?
    So I’ll tell you this one time, just leave me alone,
    Don’t bug me, or tap me, or enter my home.
    Don’t watch where I’m going, the things that I do,
    My bank balance, my credit cards, are not yours to view.
    Don’t read all my e-mails, don’t search in my car,
    Don’t go to my neighbors, my pastor, or bar.
    I’ve had it, quite simply, & now I am pissed,
    I have “God-Given,” rights, you’ve forgotten or missed.
    My thoughts, my opinions, and all of my rights,
    I didn’t give them up, & you’re now in my sights.
    I’m so sick & tired, of all that you’ve done,
    I’m fed up, I’m pissed off, now I’m gettin’ my guns !
    I’m growing much stronger, & bigger each day,
    The lies that you’ve told, are now slipping away.
    The movement you’re afraid of, now is at hand,
    So strike up the music ! And strike up the band !
    This movement you’re afraid of, just in case it gets hot ?
    It’s just like the first one, & you just might get shot.
    We tried to be peaceful, do everything right,
    But the case of “Impeachment,” was a horrible sight.
    The clowns & the circus, the fluff & the show,
    Said you have no intention of honor & so,……
    I’ve come now to tell you, your time is now up !
    You traitors, your tyrants, you sycophant scum.
    Soon we’ll be marching onto D.C.,
    With an army of millions, for the whole world to see.
    To take back our country ! To take back our name !
    To restore her to honor ! To undue her shame !
    Some will fall early, some will fall late,
    Others just vanish, we’ll not know their fates ?
    But believe me, we’re comin’ , to this I attest,
    We will never give up now, we will not ever rest !
    You will be brought to justice, you will hang for your crimes !
    We will give no mercy, no quarter, no time.
    For the unspeakable horrors, & things that you’ve done,
    Like “Murder, Torture, & Treason,” are some.
    The things that I’d do to you, some I can’t even mention,
    Do you get what I sayin’ now, do you hear my intention ?
    You made this my fight ! I didn’t even start it !
    I was just livin’ my life, blind & half hearted.
    You wanted this “War,” so I hope you are happy !
    I’m coming for you all now, so let’s make it snappy !
    And when we are done, our country now saved,
    We will bury our dead & honor their graves.
    But you, you will be nothing, not ever remembered,
    Cause like the cowards you are, you all ran & surrendered.

Written by: Archangel Copyright 2008

I’ve been watching Beck before he switched to Fox, and now he has the freedom to actually tell it like it is… and his voicing the shenanigans in Washington, DC; pointing out Obama’s Socialist Agenda, now makes clear why my last visit to the rifle range, looked like the Marine rifle qualification range at Quantico… more assault rifles being sited-in and practiced with than I’ve seen yet. Out of 50 firing stations, about 35+ were the Patriot’s tool of choice. My wife made an observation that I found very surprising because she doesn’t think this way normally..”Do you get the impression that people are preparing for something?” I know what my answer to that question was, but you fill in your own.

There are an enormous amount of people here today, Ladies and Gentlemen, that are both angry and scared for the direction this nation is taking. Hmmm… rifles and ammo flying off the shelves, and gold and silver being bought in record amounts… do the math.

I have emailed, phoned, and wrote letters to our congress. What else can americans do to make them listen to our gripes. WHAT CAN AMERICAN DO THAT HAS NOT BEEN DONE SO FAR?

I stumbled onto your site by accident when I was researching Mr. Berg’s original lawsuit and bookmarked it for return updates…and I’ve never left.

Just as a side note, look at legislation most of the southern states have introduced in their state’s congressional bodies. You see terms like “sovereignty”, “Ninth Amendment” and “Tenth Amendment”. In Texas, proposed H.B. 1863, gives the right for any firearm, ammunition or firearm component manufactured, intrastate, to be legal for intrastate commerce. So, if the rest of the US bans assault weapons, if “Made in Texas” appears on the intrastate manufactured firearm, it will be legal in the “Republic of Texas”.

I know if the “assault” and “oppression” continues from the Fed., more and more legislation, like this, will appear in more and more congressional buildings.

Study fervently and keep up the good work.

Thanks Jeff for the great piece from Beck and you are also right at how angry people are about the flagrant spending of tax payers money for the same old political favors owed to states and local officials for winning an election or on the federal level. I agree also that this has been his socialist plan from the beginning. I can only tell you since his election there has been a change in people. They have assumed a serious temperment or don’t speak at all. I work in Arlington, Virginia and people here are silent and pretty gloomy. I know we are in for some rough times so everyone prepare by stocking up on extra food, medicines, etc. For if this crisis continues we may see shortages as more businesses close. I believe Obama will inevitably fail as long as the American people do not forget the original reason for this countries existence and a little prayer doesn’t hurt. Study for us Jeff because we need someone with common sense to light the way.

I’m still waiting for Glenn (or Rush) to REALLY start the good revolution by having Alan Keyes on or the General who wrote the reasons he’s participating in the court quest to get the “dope” on Obama. Glenn always mentions his considered craziness coming bluntly forward – prophecies, etc. – but can’t seem to accept that same “labeling” when it comes to calling Obama out – if only for proper vetting and not hiding his past. why??? This phony is moving so quickly to absorb as much power and control of the country that it appears that the only thing to bluntly demand is his REAL background – while waiting for the Tea Parties (as great as they are) to take place over months, (and without media notice), the power grab will get cemented…and perhaps those programs that could do something NOW will have been debunked by some other version of the Fairness Doctrine. Stike while the iron is still hot!

26. toto says:

Is it just me, or is this whole turn towards socialism going faster than I thought? Perhaps they have picked up the pace as they are afraid of the Birth Certificate thing, and if thats so, then once its found out he’s a fraud, the money is already gone, nothing to stop that I’m afraid.

“MEXICO IS ANGRY”

They may have to send Napolitano back to AZ to straighten this out.

“State of Sonora is angry at influx of Mexicans into Mexico, after AZ’s crackdown on illegals from Mexico.

“It seems that many Mexican illegals are now returning to their hometowns, and officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off about it.

“A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say AZ’s new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state. They said Sonora cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

“They are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on their state government.

“Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in AZ and sending money to their families return to hometowns without jobs. We are one family, socially and economically, the people of Sonora and AZ.

“The law, which took effect Jan 1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don’t have valid legal docs to work in the US.

Let’s see, The US can’t afford to pay for free medical care, schools, etc for illegals. The US cannot afford the high crime rate from the Mexican narcotic gangs that more and more are infiltrating our country.

How soon can Texas and California pass the same laws, and enforce them?

bebe

28. Lisa says:

I love the wild pig story! So powerful, b/c it is a word picture…

Gave me an idea: I would like to write a series of childrens books using stories like this to teach children about the difference between freedom and tyrrany…democracy and fascist marxism. The pig story would be great with colorful illustrations.

We must teach our children early! Like the communists!

What does everyone think?

Lisa, I’ll buy them for my grandchildren! Good idea!

Jeff, Thanks for the explanation of what has happened to your time lately. (I thought you were irked with me–but now I see you weren’t.)

Too, thanks for the Glenn Beck video. No wonder my retired engineering friend, who goes back to high school days, says that Beck’s his favorite program.

And, thanks, everybody. I come here for some sanity, too. Jeff’s in PA, yet it was here on America’s Right where I learned that Chambliss had beaten his Democrat opponent in the GA run-off election. Thanks for all your comments, suggestions, and information. May God bless us all!

30. Lisa says:

Gail B:

Thanks! I’ll get to work on them right away! I will have to blog less, though!

Jeff:
    Thanks for the piece on Glenn. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GLENN BECK!!!! He is sort of prophetic, and puts the dots together better than other talk hosts (although I like them, too). He is forward thinking, and independent. All he cares about is God, his family, and the Constitution…that is awesome!

We all need to watch, support, and pray for Glenn Beck, because he is not beholden to either corrupt parties.

His guests are THE BEST!

My friend and I are starting a local conservative action/book club in March. Let’s all get a local group started…grassroots is where it’s at! (Horrible grammar, I know!)