How Do You Say ‘Coward’ in Swahili?

Another few words on Holder, hyperbole, and race in America

By Rick Saunders
America’s Right

The newly installed Attorney General of the United States, Eric “Tax-Cheat-Pardoner” Holder, the nation’s first black attorney general, told a group of Justice Department employees last week that the United States is “a nation of cowards” on matters of race. The speech came, of course, as a part of the celebration of “Black History Month.”

Apart from the justified indignation and outrage those comments are eliciting across the nation from folks of all ethnicities, it would have been a lot easier to take Holder’s remarks more seriously had they been delivered during “White History Month” or “Caucasian History Week” or even “Hispanic History Hour.” Oh, wait. Those don’t exist. Or, if they do, they are among mainstream journalism’s best-kept secrets. But since the criticism was delivered by an African-American–please note the hyphenated race-nationality required by political correctness–as a part of the observation of a period of time most normal Americans call “February,” Holder’s criticism tends to ring hollow.

The fact of the matter seems to be that, in Holder’s view, February should be used as an opportunity for Americans “of all races” to engage in “frank talk about racial matters.” But who does he think he’s kidding? In this politically correct climate (the use of “climate” here to be distinguished from temporary, transitory weather systems that come and go, or from the deity from which Al Gore’s religion popped up) which has been constructed, nurtured and propagandized over the past few decades by liberals, Democrats, the ACLU and a mainstream media that never met an Orwellian doublespeak term it wanted to avoid, anyone who was even tempted to engage in a “frank talk” about race had better be prepared for complete vilification. And not only vilification, but exposure in some instances to the potential for actual criminal prosecution for indulging in “hate speech.”

Frank talk? No thanks. My name is Rick.

The double-standard imposed by liberals and their pals in the media have made it easy, for example, for blacks to pillory whites regardless of the substantive merit of the matter at hand and to get a free pass in the form of being characterized as “community activists.” Take, for example, our favorite men of the cloth, the Revs. Jeremiah “White is Never” Wright and Al “Pinstriped Bouffant” Sharpton. But when the tables are turned and a white guy, whether in a personal capacity or an official capacity, is critical of blacks in any way whatsoever, the leftists’ and media’s pejorative daggers are whipped out and the white guy in question can be excoriated as either “racist,” “bigoted” or, one of the MSM’s favorites, “divisive.”

Race isn’t only the determinative factor for whether or not the media will paint someone with the broad brush of intolerance. Why, they look at ideology, too! Compare, for example, how former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott–a Republican–was dogged following a joke made at Sen. Strom Thurmond’s 147th birthday party, with how Sen. Robert Byrd–a Democrat and the former Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan–is still serving in the United States Senate after 94 years.

Before Mr. Holder starts criticizing Americans for their purported reluctance and cowardice to engage in “frank talk” about matters of race in this skewed intellectual environment, he needs to re-evaluate the conceptual basis of his lecture. The politically correct “hate speech” codes and protocols which have spread their tentacles throughout the lexicon have now made such “frank discussions” virtually impossible. And if “hate speech” is now the standard of care, can “hate thought” be far behind?

It is as if Holder were insisting that these candid discussions about race are necessary and would be fine . . . if conducted only in Swahili, and then excoriating everyone for not purchasing Rosetta Stone and getting up to speed in Swahili by sundown.

And don’t even think–whether in Swahili, English, Spanish, Farsi or U.N. Esperanto–of mentioning the “N” word . . . unless, of course, you are directing it at another of your own ethnicity. Oh, the indignity, the outrage, the humanity! If Holder wants a “frank discussion” about race matters, as opposed to a PC-structured chat over afternoon tea about the lunacy of, for but one example, affirmative action mortgage loans by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, he’d better be prepared for a lot of “N” words — including, among others, “nitwit” and “numbskull” and “nincompoop.”

Against this backdrop, Holder deems us to be “cowards?” Get a grip. Get over yourself. And lose the “holier-than-thou” attitude, as it is unbefitting the image of the Attorney General of the United States of America.

—————
Rick Saunders is a freelance writer who splits his time between endeavors in southern California and the American southwest. He began writing for America’s Right in December 2008.

Comments

This election and everything that has followed beginning with the racist remarks by so called “men of cloth” during the campaign, remarks made during prayer at the inaguration and now this utterly ignorant remark by Holder are setting us up for another race war in America. Maybe these guys should check out their own ancestors and see how many of them were slave traders. Thanks Rick, I agree with everything you have written.

Sally

2. BlueWater says:

Holder is right. If Obama were white, or Holder was white, neither would have a job, but too many people gave them fantasy status because of their skin color, while others were afraid to confront them. You want frank? Obama and Holder are vicious, opportunistic, deceptive, and angry imposters who were just smart enough to hide behind their color as a smokescreen. Cowards? Holder is a manipulator and recipient of cowardice, so he should know.

3. Laurie says:

Rick,

I am so glad that you and Jeff have met and you have agreed to be a contributor. This write up has put into words exactly how I feel…but you did it so much better than I could. I was one of those totally p*&*& off when Holder made those remarks. He is absolutely so full of himself and I would love to slap him right into next week….thank you for venting for me….

Way to go, Jeff! My exact feelings!

They are all a bunch of ego-centered racist jerks who cannot get over themselves! One of their secret goals is to get even with the “white’ race. Hey, we are trying to make amends for slavery–which I feel was wrong, wrong, wrong–and I think we have done a fantastic job! Obama and his gang want pay back! Anyone who cannot see that is as blind as a bat and just as racist. I have some wonderful friends who are “black” and I never notice their color. I know some whites who are trash. It is not about race any more but about character! Enough of this pity party and get-even nonsense! Let’s just get on with what is right for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let’s get on with ethics and morality and all of that good stuff we are throwing out like outdated clothes! These are never obsolete and this is why we are a mess right now: God is being discarded like stigmatized trash! Come one people, grow up!

If anyone is racist, it’s the people who voted for a man who has no qualifications to be President; who isn’t legally our President. These numbskulls voted for this usurper because he is black! Now that is downright obtuse!!!!!!!

We need to get Obama out of the picture and so, too, his minions, so we can have a legal fair-minded and wise President! We need a leader who will bring our country back to where our forfathers meant it to be. Obama and his evil agents want to take our country down to extreme Communism! No thanks! That’s not what the people want. You work for us, you shysters in Washington!

Go, Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief! I taught water safety for the Red Cross for 17 years. Part of that time was in Macon, GA, where Robert Train Pool was in the core Black section of town. I had classes without a White face in it, but I didn’t see color then and don’t see it now–only a person struggling to make his way across the water and being able to breathe while doing so.

It seems to me that because the Whites are not jumping up and down over race but are taking all taxpaying Americans in stride, that we are being deemed cowards. The only ones using the Race Card are the Blacks!

Where there are no cowards, Holder must create some! It seems to me that it takes courage to accept people without regard to their color. Gee, it feels strange to be termed a coward when the accusation doesn’t hold water, doesn’t it?!

Calling us cowards is just a ploy to stir up racial prejudices so that the Democrats can use it to grease their already slippery legislation through Congress.

They think they’re smart, but Americans’ confidence in Obama is becoming suspect; and his approval ratings are falling like a rock. This is a Republic, not a Democracy; and the Dems are dumb enough to promote the Blacks to the point of bringing prosperity in this country to a grinding halt.

I seriously wonder if those in Congress realize what Obama’s goal is–to set the stage for George Soros’ Communism–or if they are simply greedy and naive. We need to tell them that they are stepping into dangerous waters of no return.

Is anyone else having trouble emailing certain provocative sites today? I have tried to get Gina Cobb’s website and therightsideoflife emails sent and I get resistance. When I finally overcame these, I am finding that those who get my emails are getting a message before reading their mail, that this webside may not be secure. I find this very strange since I have always been able to send these emails before without problem. Any comments? Has anyone tried this with Jeff’s site? It does make one wonder whether Google is prying again!

7. tm says:

Obama signs 4th pro-union regulation
    Projects must aid Big Labor

Right on! Brother!

9. MaryAlice says:

I had an interesting experience during the presidential election.

I have been friends with an African-American woman who is a major-sport coach at one of America’s best-known universities. She, like myself, is also a devout Christian. After reading ” A Black Theology of Liberation” by James Cone (as recommended by Dr. Wright in an interview on “Hannity”), I felt compelled to ask her if she subscribed to Cone’s (and Wright’s) claim that “Whiteness” is the root cause of all evil? I made the point that evil is a function of the fallen human nature, common to all, and color has nothing to do with it. Of course, it does have everything to do with power (i.e. the ability to enslave others), but is not peculiar to one color or another. We see evidence of this every day in all-black countries.

Although we had been communicating regularly for years before my question on the issue of race, I have never heard from her since. My assumption is that she voted for Obama based on his color and ignored his stance on abortion, even though she was/is a professing Christian. Sad.

I think that that qualifies as racism and I don’t consider myself to be a “coward”.

Anonymous at 1:32 p.m.==

Google’s Gmail had troubles this morning on the other side of the pond–it crashed. I’ve emailed my cousin in England and asked her to reply, to see if she can email. Evidently, Google’s problems were larger than reported.

Sorry, Jeff, I don’t get the manatee.

Walter Williams recently penned an article about racial cowardice. I dont have the link (www.ibdeditorials.com). It’s quite insightful and amusing. I encourage everyone to have a read

Seeing as how I mentioned James Cone and “A Black Theology of Liberation” in an earlier comment, I thought that I would elaborate so that others might have an insight into the racist garbage that our good President endorsed by his presence and membership in Dr. Wright’s church for twenty years.

As you know, Dr. Wright told Sean Hannity that, if one wanted to understand his theology, they would do well to read the works of Cone, so I did. Let me give you a little glimpse into what I found.

From the “Preface to the 1970 Edition”:

“There will be no peace in America until whites begin to hate their whiteness, asking from the depths of their being; ‘How can we become black?’”

And Mr. Holder calls us “cowards” for not having a meaningful conversation about race? How absurd. I haven’t found a black person yet who was willing to have a rational discussion of the issue. The role of victim is too dear to them.

I’m sick of the hypocrisy.

Old Bob