Have We Learned Nothing?

Obama proposes solving the housing crisis with the very policies and attitudes which caused the crisis in the first place

Four long months ago, as America stared in the face perhaps the most crucial election in Her history, Americans were just then coming to grips with the housing and credit crisis facing a nation which had just a year prior been in the middle of a real estate boom. As Congress prepared to solve a problem caused by an overreaching federal government with more government involvement, I saw a sign in downtown Philadelphia and wrote this:

A Bright Idea From the Streets of Philadelphia
America’s Right – September 26, 2008

I saw this man about ten minutes ago as I walked past City Hall in Philadelphia. Only through the miracle of modern technology could I get it from my phone to the Internet to this Web site, and I’m glad I could.

When I walked past this gentleman and said, simply, “I love it,” he mentioned without hesitation that Philadelphia was the heart of the Revolution, and it is about time we have another one.

I cannot say I disagree.

When my wife and I bought our first house a few years ago, both of us were working full-time, she as a nurse and me as a professional writer. Long story short, we’ve since had our first kid, she’s downgraded to part-time, I’ve taken on school-related expenses, and my job hasn’t adjusted for inflation. Long story short, we now have too much house.

Our payments are too large for my liking, and it was due to our own short-sightedness when we bought the house in the first place. Truth be told, we struggle each and every month to pay our bills and maybe put a tiny bit–if even that–into savings. Now, my wife could go back to full-time surgical nursing work but the part-time nursing care work she does now makes her happy, and if I’ve learned anything in my almost five years of marriage, it’s that a happy wife equals a stress-free life.

Because of the nature of the market, however, we’re stuck in our house for the foreseeable future. However, I have never asked–nor would I ever ask–for anybody to be accountable for our mistakes besides us. Never. If we fail, we learn, we get back up and then, knowing what we didn’t before, we prevail. As it stands now, we’ve already learned quite a bit even though we’ve managed to dodge complete failure–barely, I may add–on more than one occasion, and I firmly believe that God intends for us to struggle, to stress, to cry a little every once in a while, for good reason.

It angers me to no end that we will now be forced to take some of our tax money–money which comes out of our paychecks and bank accounts and bottom lines and kitchen pantry and Christmas presents and diaper budget–and bail out those who refuse to be held personally accountable for their own mistakes. It angers me to no end that we’re on the hook for illegal immigrants who are breaking the law by simply being here in the first place and have defaulted on loans they should never have been granted, loans which they were able to procure without income verification, without identification, because our federal government forced banking institutions to relax lending standards in the name of political correctness, diversity, “social engineering” and my personal favorite, “economic justice.”

You know, if a short little Wall Street man with an Armani suit and a Napoleon complex knocked on my front door and asked me, point-blank, for $2300 to help his failing business and ailing bottom line, I’d tell him exactly where he could put his gold watch and trendy eyewear. We cannot allow for the privatization of gains and the socialization of losses, and we cannot permit this behavior to go unchecked and unpunished. My wife and I have had to trim back our budget at every single exposed spot, to the point that I feel bad for my child because, on the rare occasion when we do go clothes shopping for her as she grows, I immediately go to the “clearance” section first. When my wife asked me what I wanted for my 30th birthday this coming month, I asked that she take whatever she wanted to spend and just put it in our paltry savings account which, at the time of this writing, has about seven dollars in it. We’ve paid for a half-gallon of milk with quarters, we’ve laid awake at night wondering how we’ll manage to pay our mortgage and our electric bill, we’ve been shopping at the “discount” supermarket — if we have to make sacrifices, why shouldn’t these people do the same?

Likewise, if Barney Frank or Chuck Schumer or Christopher Dodd were to try to explain, to me, the merits of using my earnings to pay for somebody else’s poor judgment, I’d ask them if they knew just how humiliating it is to take money from a two-year-old’s piggy bank to put gasoline in the car, promising under your breath that, somehow, daddy will make it up to her over time. I’d show them the barren shelves of our refrigerator and the dwindling stack of Wal-Mart brand diapers on my daughter’s changing table. These people have no business whatsoever in the mortgage business, and I have no reason to believe that their current involvement won’t be just as successful as the previous meddling which put us in this situation in the first place. I’m meeting my obligations, no matter how difficult and stressful and trying it is to do so — why shouldn’t others have to do the same?

If I had the time, if I wasn’t working my tail off to pay the bills we currently have and to make up for my previous mistakes and ensure that I won’t make similar ones in the future, if I wasn’t working all day and going to school at night so I can better provide for my family in years down the road — I’d likely be out there, in front of City Hall, holding a sign as well.

If the federal government is to do anything with regard to this crisis, it should encourage policies which foster increased flow of private capital, not public tax money. However, should it come to a decision between failure and socialism, let these entities fail. I’ll gladly sacrifice my way through two, five, ten, fifteen years of recession and depression in order to preserve a free market and the freedom it brings for my children and for yours in the years and decades to come.

I wrote those words on the eve of what has now come to be known as the TARP bailout, out of such frustration and anger that I could no longer bear it. My God, I wondered, what has become of my country? Common sense had been replaced with political expediency, fiscal sanity with “social engineering,” personal responsibility with a penchant for shifting blame and a culture content in merely waiting for the next handout.

Sadly, I felt the exact same way today when, during a stop outside of Phoenix, President Barack Obama disclosed a $75 billion plan to further reward irresponsibility with regard to lending and homeownership. Today, it became apparent not only that the president and the Democrats have forgotten just how the American housing and credit crisis came about, and not only that they continue to shirk all responsibility, but that they are so arrogant as to actually believe that the very cause of the crisis in the first place is somehow also the solution.

When I was a child, I remember distinctly peering up over the edge of the old electric stove in my mother’s house, mesmerized by the bright red glow of the burner as she boiled water for pasta. She had left the kitchen for a moment, perhaps to take our standard poodle for a walk, perhaps to get groceries from the back end of our diesel Volvo station wagon. I don’t know. I was small, after all, but I was big enough to drag a wooden kitchen chair from the table to a spot in front of that stove, big enough to climb up, and big enough to see for myself just what made that heating element glow with such a bright red color.

Ouch.

That kind of burn doesn’t heal quickly. That kind of pain is the kind of pain I hope my own daughter has the sense never to experience. Water doesn’t help. Ice doesn’t help. It was only the passage of time which finally allowed for my hand to quit throbbing, to quit being so painful to the touch. Even with the passage of time, however, even after the swelling had subsided and the blisters had receded, I remembered for sure never to touch the red hot burner again.

President Obama’s plan to revitalize the housing market and stem the rising tide of home foreclosures by using the power and expanding the scope of the federal government so as to pressure lenders to suspend foreclosure proceedings and to provide reduced monthly payments for borrowers unable to meet current obligations reeks of the same kind of government involvement which led to the housing and credit crisis in the first place. This is just another thinly-veiled dose of the very same failing policies, featuring the very same lead players. Fannie Mae. Freddie Mac. Christopher Dodd. Barney Frank.

That’s right. The gang’s all here and, once again, we’re back to characterizing homeownership as a right and artificially propping up people who simply cannot stay afloat — only, this time, instead of forcing banks to lend money to borrowers who are obviously incapable of paying back the loans, the government is pumping money into the market and forcing banks to maintain those bad loans and abandon any hope for remedy.

We never learn. We allow ourselves to make the same costly mistakes over and over and over again because nobody will take responsibility for the errors which have already presented themselves. We continue to defy common sense by rewarding irresponsibility and sheer stupidity in America while simultaneously vilifying responsibility and success.

Once again, the people hurt the most are those like you and I, people who live and die by their budgets, who constantly are forced to make endless, unthinkable sacrifices in order to remain responsible and meet their own obligations. You and I will be the ones paying more in insurance rates, in interest rates, in fees and related costs. You and I will be the ones hurt when, six months down the road, the proverbial can being kicked by the Obama administration comes to a grinding halt and the inevitable becomes reality.

One of these days, it must stop, it will stop, and it will either stop naturally when the money dries up, when our currency is worth barely more than the paper it’s printed on, when countries like China and the United Arab Emirates explain that, gosh, our credit and our money just isn’t good anymore, or it will stop artificially when Americans finally wake up and smell the malfeasance, the socialism, and the “change” we so quickly will want to forget.

Comments

Very elegantly written, and so true. Let the pain be felt and comprehended. Otherwise we are the next Weimar Republic, using our dollars in the fireplace to squeeze what little bit of flame and heat we can from them.

2. toto says:

Another great read. It seems, again, that those, like most of us here, who do make our payments, regardless of how hard it is at times, will be left out. We are the stalwarts of the country, and yet, we get nothing. Only those who are being picked on because they over bought, and now can’t afford are allowed to pick the pockets of our government. Sooner or later, those that have thought the democrats can walk on water, will see them for what they are, socialists in disguise, and as with all costume parties, the disguise comes off to reveal the real person underneath, soon very soon.

3. sharon says:

Great job Jeff, as someone who has worked in the mtg. for many years. I have had enough of the lenders taking the blame for what was regulated on us from the government.. At some point the lenders have got to fight back and get the information to the people. God love ya for listening to him for us / I cannot stand to hear his voice.

4. CAL says:

Thank you for that very touching piece. You speak for all the hardworking Americans who are watching their dreams and life savings slip through their fingers. What worries me about the current situation is that I do not think the current administration wants to improve the ecomony. The democrats are nto stupid. They know what they have done to cause this economic downturn. I believe that the democrats want this crisis so that they can continue to use fear to push through legislation that increases the size of the federal government and thus their power. It is hard to accept this premise, but I have come to that conclusion. The politicians in Washington profit from an ever increasing government while the little guys like us are hurt by it. The best interest of the politicians work against the best interests of the public. This is why I believe that term limits are the only way to truly reform our government. There are just not enough good politicians out there that have the peoples’ best interests at heart.
    I know this time is difficult for your young family, but enjoy it as much as possible. You will look back on it with fondness as you grow older. There is nothing more satisfying in life than to work hard to provide for your loved ones.

It is our hand that Obama and the democrat run congress hold to the burner. This is why they never learn and continue to repeat the same mistakes.

They are never hurt.

6. tm says:

The only way to fix this burn is to throw them all out
    including their policies, bills, etc.
    Did you see those delusional people down at that rally in florida – these people never read anything they just soak up their info on the socialist main stream news – they live to hear what Oprah would do ! (FYI Oprah became rich on the backs of white woman and Capitalism and she has the audacity to love this marxist. Why because, he’s black)

morality – out the door
    Christian values – if it’s not on TMZ they do not know what it is

They need to wake up
    It’s time that these smelly rotted libs in government get burned themselves (for a change, TERM LIMITS, PROSECUTION)
    and after they should all go to jail – I would personally like to see BOBO, pelosi, franks, dodd all in orange jumpsuits at gitmo – for terrorizing america. Watching these so called representatives with that idiot they call President is like watching 4 yr olds playing with grenades – and we sit and wonder where and when the next explosion is going to hit.

This is just so Very Wrong

this is fraud
    it’s treason

I believe it is treason, fraud and criminal as well…and we all are blogging all over the internet about it but our voices are not being heard! I feel so helpless. Is there not some way that we can all unite and a make a very loud noise to take back our government and our country?!

Kenyan born Hussein is only in it for himself. He cares nothing about Americans except taking their hard earned money and giving "some of it" to the undeserving (who are his (de)base voters), while he "rules" and "reigns." Living as a King and Caesar because no one is doing anything to stop him.

Consider the money he's spent already … even these last two days flying around in Air Force One (and all his security); giving political – droning – speeches, while signing (stealing) away tax payers money.

Rush has a realistic view about his "idea." Those who are 'playing fair' work to give those who 'don't play fair' a free ride and pay for their laziness and ignorance. Reward the indoctrinated and elite parasites.

His "Achilles heel" > the authentic birth certificate – yes, we have to push this.

Since we have the Trojan Horse we need the arrow of "Truth" to pierce the mark.
    Here's 2 articles that can help explain: http://www.aim.org/guest-column/the-great-birth-certificate-scandal-cover-up-of-the-2008-election/

This may sound silly, but if he's illegal in this position, everything he's signed can be disregarded- zippo, gone. IF those who are behind and with him are also brought to justice.

If this "Sham" is allowed and no one steps up to enforce the law, the "protection of the Constitution" you know the domino effect to follow. 'Fair Speech' will be renamed as something else that means the same thing. 'Gun control' will too. Each will appeal to the emotions and "sympathies" sounding "oh, so righteous and protective of individuals." But, again, a mask – hiding their corruption, greed and depravity.

Instead of thinking about "what is going to happen next" let's think about the "truth" being revealed -and the Constitution being upheld!
    That will take care of the rest ~ we just need the Law to be Enforced. What Law agency is there left that isn't corrupted and "in" with these traitors?
    (Anti-American Political Mafia).

It would be better for States to withdrawal from the governing rule of the Fed, if it means bowing to Anti-American UN-Liberties and UN-Freedoms.

Patriot style and fashion is American. This other thing is the very trash the Fore fathers fought against. We need to also.

Shoot the arrow of Truth and see who falls!

10. Bodenzee says:

Sorry to perhaps move off topic by I need to ask.

It seems like there was a significant effort undertaken to cleanse Barry’s history. Parking tickets were paid, college records were locked down, the original birth certificate (if it exists at all) was sealed, passport records, visas, etc all were taken care of well ahead of Barry’s appearance on the road to the White House. An impressive internet propaganda machine and associated fundraising operation was assembled. Somewhere in this the Supreme Court developed a real contempt for the Constitution and the citizens.

I doubt that Pelosi, Reed, Frank, etc. are bright enough to orchestrate this. I doubt that the DNC is either. Who, or what group of individuals could have orchestrated this? Was precipitating a national financial implosion also part of their effort to propel Barry into the White House?

Are we being destroyed from within?

11. Celia says:

I cried (a little) when I read your note, Jeff…the one you wrote earlier, because I have experienced the same thing. In 2002, my husband and I actually experienced a short period of homelessness (would have been on the street were it not for the graciousness of my sister)…fast-forward to now, we are homeowners with decent jobs, homeowners who struggle and are beginning the Dave Ramsey journey, and we sponsor 2 children overseas….The ONLY assistance we ever got was to be on WIC for a short time. So I definitely can relate to your story and am so very, very aggravated to the point of busting almost. I am so fed up with it all.

12. Celia says:

@Toto,
    They won’t care, Toto…if with their entitlement comes socialism, they’ll say bring it on!

13. Bobby says:

This whole thing just pisses me off to no end. People like me, who are fiscally responsible, are getting punished while the fiscally irresponsible are getting a get out of jail free card.

I thought continuing to save money for a bigger down payment was a good idea, but I should of just bought a McMansion with an interest only loan.

The problem with all this rightfully angry talk was aptly summed up in a Russia-based blog that I read, in relation to the effect Russian opposition has on Putin’s regime:

“I have never seen a cat who would care what mice think of him.”

Yes, mice. A million squeaks don’t make a roar. As much as I enjoy reading this wonderful column, it is still painfully clear that the liberal establishment cares as much about our rants as Putin does about his opposition’s protests.

Speaking of roaring, I have a question on Constitutional law that Jeff might know an answer for. What, in theory, will happen if a state refuses to pass federal taxes to the feds? Will it be a matter for court resolution, an equivalent of immediate secession, or possibly a cause for military action? And in the former case, would it be possible to demand that the President confirms his legal standing by proving you-know-what?..

16. JeanWTPUSA says:

Jeff, you are a brilliant writer. Excellent, excellent article!

17. seeks truth says:

Exquisite piece. Could relate to the 2008 piece and to the righteous anger of the immoral theft of hardworking citizens.

I was fuming today after listening to Rush. We are not in over my head but certainly up to our noses! We’ve always lived within our means.

We both have Masters degrees in engineering and so we’d be considered “rich” but our life has been anything but extravagant.

In 25 years, we’ve purchased 3 vehicles (brought 2 used, embarrassingly humiliating cars into the marriage). We both drive 10yo used vehicles right now. We’ve dropped cable. We don’t have a big-screen, or a Wii, or iPods, etc. We eat at home. We don’t go to movies. We don’t take extravagant vacations — usually to family so we don’t have accommodation expenses. I shop sales and clip coupons… well, you get the idea.

This ‘ol house for which we were well-qualified needs a new roof, new plumbing, new windows, and the laminate is lifting off the counters while most of the neighbors have the latest granite upgrades.

I’m not complaining but I thought a life of sacrifice meant a nest egg that I could enjoy later.

Now it looks like we get to use our hard-earned dollars for some squatter for whom Acorn is now urging towards civil disobedience (see Malkin’s site)if anyone tries to remove the sloths from the homes they don’t pay for and should have never been in in the first place!

I am furious. I am trying very hard not to have ODS but its a tall order.

Get ready to burn those phone lines again tomorrow. To reps, to lenders, to whoever will listen. Eventually someone is going to have to get tired of answering our calls.

My retired civil engineering friend sent this to me. It’s 12 Solutions for America. I’ll give the site, but here are the basic solutions. The underlined captions (at the website) are links for more on the subject:

(1) Payroll Tax Stimulus.
    With a temporary new tax credit to offset 50% of the payroll tax, every small business would have more money, and all Americans would take home more of what they earn.

(2) Real Middle-Income Tax Relief.
    Reduce the marginal tax rate of 25% down to 15%, in effect establishing a flat-rate tax of 15% for close to 9 out of 10 American workers.

(3) Reduce the Business Tax Rate.
    Match Ireland’s rate of 12.5% to keep more jobs in America.

(4) Homeowner’s Assistance.
    Provide tax credit incentives to responsible home buyers so they can keep their homes.

(5) Control Spending So We Can Move to a Balanced Budget.
    This begins with eliminating Congressional earmarks and wasteful pork-barrel spending.

(6) No State Aid Without Protection From Fraud.
    Require state governments to adopt anti-fraud and anti-theft policies before giving them more money.

(7) More American Energy Now.
    Explore for more American oil and gas and invest in affordable energy for the future, including clean coal, ethanol, nuclear power and renewable fuels.

(8) Abolish Taxes on Capital Gains.
    Match China, Singapore and many other competitors. More investment in America means more jobs in America.

(9) Protect the Rights of American Workers.
    We must protect a worker’s right to decide by secret ballot whether to join a union, and the worker’s right to freely negotiate. Forced unionism will kill jobs in America at a time when we can’t afford to lose them.

(10) Replace Sarbanes-Oxley.
    This failed law is crippling entrepreneurial startups. Replace it with affordable rules that help create jobs, not destroy them.

(11) Abolish the Death Tax.
    Americans should work for their families, not for Washington.

(12) Invest in Energy and Transportation Infrastructure.
    This includes a new, expanded electric power grid and a 21st century air traffic control system that will reduce delays in air travel and save passengers, employees and airlines billions of dollars per year.

There is a lot of information and suggestions at the website (http://www.americansolutions.com/), and a link to it is HERE. Enjoy!

19. The Drum and Cannon says:

Now I know even better why it was that I went to the State Capitol in Denver yesterday, to protest with several hundred other conservatives, while The Anointed One was a few miles away signing the Bill that could bring about the downfall of America. I will advertise your excellent article far and wide, and hope that maybe one of two of my liberal “friends” have the intelligence to understand it. But I won’t hold my breath.

20. Anonymouse says:

BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Breaking News: OK 10th Amendment Resolution passes in House 83 to 13
    February 18, 2009

Oklahoma Sovereignty 10th Amendment Resolution HJR 1003 passes in house today!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Continues at:

21. Anonymouse says:

Bodenzee, two pieces of writing can answer most of your questions.

“Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis”:

“Communist Goals for American Takeover”:

For more insight, see J. B. Williams’s recent article, “It’s Time for American Freedom Fighters to Unite”:

22. BlueWater says:

Eric Holder calls us a "nation of cowards" when it comes to race. How hard do you have to slap Americans in the face before they wake up?

23. Anonymouse says:

Jeff, have you considered the cheaper alternative to WalMart’s disposable diapers? Cloth diapers with washable plastic pants pulled over them aren’t quite as good as the disposables, but over time they save a fortune.

Also, if you line each diaper with a Desitin (or other brand) diaper liner, you can just toss the solid and semi-solid contents into the toilet and flush. The savings really do mount up.

I’m as enraged as you are with Barry Soetoro’s Socialist wealth-distribution. He’s also, I firmly believe, hellbent on skyrocketing the price of gasoline and heating fuel . . . to impoverish the nation, bring it to its knees, establish ironfisted control, and finish turning it over to his Islamist/Muslim/Palestinian allies. Why else would he close Gitmo and invite his Hamas comrades to move here . . . and live off the American taxpayers’ contributions?!

For what other reason do you think he nixed “Hail to the Chief” and, instead, enters to (if what I read is true) Sting’s “Desert Rose” . . . sung in Arabic . . . with its subliminal message “I realize that things are not what they seem”? To WHOM is he directing that lyric?

Certainly NOT to Israel:

Melanie Phillips
    “America Slides Into The Sewer”

Melanie Phillips
    “The Durban Demarche”

Enemy within.

Crash the dollar. Weaken the military. Open up our borders for people from the middle east. We are a doomed society.

The plans hatched years ago by several evil men for a little boy from Indonesia to come here and destroy us has come true. The prophecy complete.

And the American people allowed it to happen.

Jeff
    A tremendous article, nice work! There is one chance left, the usurpers birth certificate. The commie needs to be exposed asap.

26. Laurie says:

Jeff, Another outstanding article that hits the nail on the head!! I am so angry and like you and the folks that come to your site, I am doing the right thing, I am on a budget and do without to make the payments on my house, I am responsible….but I am very tired of 0bambi telling me to “bend over, I’ll drive”….enough is enough….

27. I Beam says:

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Anon said:

“Jindal is standing up to prez. Good for him! Others could follow.”

I really believe you will see more and more resistance as this situation progresses. The South Carolina governor, Huckabee on his TV show. . . pushback from several directions.

And I agree with the others who said thatt this is one of the best articles yet. I struck a chord.

29. Bodenzee says:

Anonymous-

Thank you for pointing out the WSJ article on Atlas Shrugged.

In the early ’60s, fresh out of college, I taught and lectured on the principals of Objectivism for the Nathaniel Branden Institute.

I felt then that we all were ahead of our time. Now I know we were.

America, please wake up and think for yourself. Stop being told what and how to think.

30. Ticked off in NC says:

I love you guy! You are THE BEST.

Thank you for what you do!

It turly breaks my heart that people are either naive or downright obtuse or just hynotized by this usurper. He and his “imps” know exactly what they are doing; for this has been a plan conceived for many years by the likes of anti-americans like Ayers and the rest of the corrupt machine in Chicago and, who knows, beyond. They are not, unfortunately, stupid and they are not making mistakes. Every move is calculated to bring about a well-planned agenda. This Obama is two-faced. He exposes the side innocent or mesmerized people want to see but, underneath this facade, is an evil usurper with a plan of total destruction for the American way. As far as the Fairness Doctrine, I am disgusted that people would believe him when he states that he will not bring this about. Come on people! There are other devious ways to bring this to fruition disguised in other terms! How many times has this lier said one thing only to take the back door to undermine it? Come on! Open your eyes!

Our people and politicians need to wake up to the real under-handed tactics of this tyrant. They need to stop trusting him that he is a fair-minded reasonable man; stop believing that he is a man who can be trumped by legalities. We need to start taking the extreme route instead of believing that we can vote him and his minions out of office. Don’t you know that he has a plan to over-rule our legal democratic efforts in this?

This Obamanation makes me sick beyond words because he is that evil and that calculating. This is not a decent human, if, indeed, he is human. I believe he has been raised up by one who is the ultimate of evil to destroy our world. The scriptures tell us that Satan will use his servants to attempt to undermine the Creator of our world. That is, after all, what this is all about. We are living in the last days and the Devil knows he has but a short time. Our comfort and salvation: in the end our Savior wins!

As for Obama’s records. Do you honestly think that we will ever be able to secure these through the route of the judicial system? Of course not! These people are corrupt or are scared of the consequences. We must secure these in whatever way we can by ourselves; whatever it takes! Then we must oust him by force. There will be a real war when and if this happens. Do you think those who voted for their savior will take his ousting lying down? There will be a real physical war in this nation if he is ever exposed. Are we ready to face that fact and fight for what is right? Sadly, too many people are not. We are too spoiled and scared. Look at those who are actully fighting for these records to be exposed. Sure, they have lots of support now but, when push comes to shove, how many will help with the shoving? It is going to take a whole lot of anger before people get that riled-up. For the sake of our precious children we need to get off the fence and fight for them no matter how we feel. Heroes are not those who are minus fear but those who over-ride it! I, for one, care enough about our children to fight for them.

We need to pray as never before to ask for the Lord’s intervention, to bring us someone who will stand up to Obama and his followers; someone who will not waiver. We need someone who will ignite a fire under us that will put these Obamacrits to shame! Pray people! Pray!

We here in Texas are a feisty and proud bunch and thus I know that we can be counted on to fight this battle to the death! What do the rest of you say? I am a proud Texan, a proud American and, above all, a loyal Christian!

My final thought:I am tired of all of this talk and all of the “nice.” We need to get mad, really mad. We need to fight fire with fire. This is why we got into this mess! This is why Obamanation won, because we were too complacent and McCain was and is too soft. We need our politicans to be tough, tougher than these evil-doers! Where are God’s warriors? As I say, we need to pray for a John the Baptist, a Martin Luther, a Hess and Jerome to stand up!

God help us and God bless America!