February 14-15, 2008 — Weekend Reading

Georgia Rep. Tom Price, who has been phenomenal during the ongoing debate over the “stimulus” bill, introduces America to the 1,073-page monstrosity.

They’re Just Not That Into You
(FROM: Human Events) For me, the definitive feature film when it comes to dating, relationships and the single life is and will always be actor and director–not the Obama speechwriter by the same name–Jon Favreau’s Swingers (“You’re like a big bear with claws and with fangs…”). I have neither read nor seen the movie which provided the inspiration for Monica Crowley’s piece, He’s Just Not That Into You, but even knowing nothing about the book or film, Crowley is right on here. For all of the talk by Republicans about recognizing that there is good and evil in the world and identifying each, the GOP seems to have a difficult time acknowledging the political adversaries–even I cannot call the liberals evil, per se–in their midst. Enough with the olive branches. If the Democrats want to take a page from “partisan attack terrier” Rahm Emanuel (a brilliant description by Crowley) and want to be increasingly adversarial, we should be too.

The Law Liberals Always Break

(FROM: American Thinker) I’ve written a lot before about not wanting to be the pediatrician who saves the life of a sick, young Adolf Hitler, usually in the context of the farce that is global warming. But the Law of Uninteded Consequences applies to much more than the dangers of overreacting to the unsettled science of climate change and any possible human responsibility. In truth, liberal policies do indeed tend to derail other liberal policies down the road and, once again, I attribute it to the overall lack of a principled approach to politics and ideology. With principles, everything comports with an overall theme; without, arguments and policies and ideas form when politically convenient and without thought to downhill ramification. Great article.

In Gingrich Mold, a New Voice for Solid Resistance in GOP
(FROM: The New York Times) Eric Cantor. To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t aware of the guy until late spring of last year, at least not in the sense that I would actively pay attention when he came to a microphone. Now, however, is completely different. I am thrilled that John Boehner, architect of some of the worst losses Republicans have seen in the House for decades, defers to him. Even more so when I hear that Cantor is in regular conversation with Newt Gingrich. Yes, there are some issues with possible conflicts of interest due to his wife’s work for a bailout-enriched bank and, yes, there is that whole Judaism thing — but I really think we’ve got ourselves a keeper. Although, the fact that the Times is doing a flattering profile of him (like they did for John McCain, a favorite of the media because of his non-conservative ideals, up until he secured the GOP nomination) DOES make me wonder a little bit.

Brown’s Vote Key to Passing Stimulus
(FROM: Cincinnati Enquirer) Obviously, my thoughts and prayers go out to Sen. Sherrod Brown and his family in this difficult time. I am fortunate enough to still have both of my parents–and a wonderfully nice liberal stepmom–with us, so I cannot imagine how difficult it must have been for Sen. Brown to deal with his mother’s funeral and such. It’s always heartbreaking. That being said, I’m not sure that the White House sending a government jet to pick up the senator and bring him to Washington for the “stimulus” vote was exactly the right way to spend taxpayer money. Even if it were a Republican who required wrangling for a crucial vote, I’m not sure that the government jet is the right way to go about it. Am I being a little uncouth? Because I’m really not sure. I feel awful for Sen. Brown, I really, really do, but it just seems a little off-kilter for a Democrat White House to spend taxpayer money in order to wrangle a crucial Democrat so he can, in turn, cast a vote to spend much more taxpayer money. I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me.

Pelosi Daughter’s ‘Right America’ Set for HBO
(FROM: Newsmax) I’d rather watch a three-hour Animal Planet documentary on “How Animals Poop.” But that’s just me.

History’s Cesspool of Bad Ideas: Socialism and Corporate Social Responsibility

(FROM: Townhall) With a headline like this, how can you NOT read it?!? Very nicely done. An excerpt:

From what I can tell from news reports about the contents of the final bill, it is clear that what really got stimulated over the past several weeks were the bowels of the Democratic Party. Seems like every cockamamie socialist program that didn’t see the light of day during the past eight years has suddenly been disgorged into this massive trillion-dollar legislative receptacle. I suggest that we call this monumental monstrosity the Ex-Lax Act of 2009.

So, is there a silver lining in this piece of congressional crapola? Yes there is. American voters will now get a whiff of big government socialism and I believe that those who actually pay taxes, and invest their savings, may once again appreciate the attributes inherent in the system envisioned by our founding fathers—limited government, private property, personal freedom and open markets.

Ken Starr: Obama’s Supreme Court Picks Will Face Trouble

(FROM: The Washington Times) This kind of goes back to the “They’re Just Not That Into You” deal above. Obama and others gave former President George W. Bush a difficult time over Justices Alito and Roberts– just thank goodness it wasn’t Justices Miers and Gonzales–and should expect the same from Republican leadership . . . but only if the GOP realizes that their friends across the aisle, well, aren’t. The problem here is that, with the Democrats numbers and with turncoats like Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe, and even John McCain (given his judiciary-related history), I’m not sure what problems even the most radical Obama picks, such as Elena Kagan or Sonia Sotomayor, will encounter. Alas, the current balance of power may leave Republicans praying for a pubic-hair-on-my-Coke moment.

Probable ‘Honor Killing’ in Buffalo, NY

(FROM: Buffalo News) Just because we don’t see it here as often as we do in Europe doesn’t mean that it is not happening, doesn’t mean that it is not working its way to the United States. While the article doesn’t specifically say this was an “honor killing,” it has the deadly side effects of radical Islam written all over it. As an aside, the husband being investigated, a prominent Muslim businessman, is the founder of a media outlet established in hopes of painting Islam in a better light.

Committee on Doubt and Uncertainty
(FROM: The Wall Street Journal) Why we allow Barney Frank and Friends to continue driving America into the ground is beyond me. Even now, according to the piece, after everything we should have learned about the aftereffects of the Community Reinvestment Act and the forced relaxation of lending practices, Frank is still warbling the need for homeownership to essentially be perceived and treated as a right. It’s sickening.

Journal Weekend Interview: Jeb Bush
(FROM: The Wall Street Journal) While I certainly do not agree with the former Florida governor–or his brother, for that matter–on everything, I do agree with his policy-based adversarial approach to the Obama presidency. An excerpt from Fred Barnes’ nice interview:

To publicize their alternatives to President Obama’s policies, Mr. Bush wants Republicans to emulate the British (“recognizing that we have a different system”) and set up a shadow cabinet. “We should organize our opposition based on policy,” he says. “I don’t think the [2008] election was a transformational one in the ideological sense. I don’t think Americans went to the left. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t get that sense. It’s a huge opportunity to advocate reforms and advocate our beliefs and do so with some humility and recognition that the other guys won.”

More Weekend Reading throughout the weekend, perhaps even into President’s Day, depending on other news and on my need to do schoolwork…

Comments

1. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

We have very little chance of stopping anything that Chairman Soetoro and the Socialist controlled Congress wants to ram through with only 38 Patriots in the Senate. The assumption that we had 41 votes to stop a Socialist takeover because there is 41 Republicans in the Senate was obviously a flawed thought process. We know now that the Socialists have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. The fact that this atrocious attack on the American people passed the Senate without even being read or properly debated proves that anything the Chairman wants will be granted without question.

There are only two ways now to end this nightmare:

Vote three more Patriots into the Senate in 2010 to create a filibuster option that does not exist now. I suggest targeting Arlen Specter in particular. The downside is of that is two full years of more anti-American legislation unchecked. I believe that the other two turncoats be targeted when their turn comes up for re-election. I would suggest throwing them out of the Republican caucus. If they want to promote Socialism then let them join the Socialists and wear the title that they have earned. They should be removed from their committees at the very least.

The only other way to stop the Socialist takeover is to win one of the eligibility suits. This is a long shot as we all know but it is the only hope we have. By 2010 our health care could be gone forever. Illegal aliens will have amnesty and they will be pouring over the border like never before. The U.S.A. as we knew will it will be history.

Thanks, Ken

The Constitution says – 5 rt of the 1st amendment
    rt – last ten lines – rt to redress grievenses and demand remedy – we havethe right to withhold our money from the government when our rights have been violated , according to the law – and yesterdays passage of a bill of which no one will be aware of its full content until after its passage is a clear violation of our rights – the money will be coming from us from now until the collapse of our government – this surely will happen with so much self- interest has filled the pages of the spending frenzy “stimulus package -
    the people’s best interest were clearly not the motivation to rush such document into passage
    without our review – it was to prevent public refusal of said document , massive massive document !!!! we have the right to redress – READ THE CONSTITUTION – IT IS THE LAW – of which government continues to break because we let them – redressing requires acollective voice and there are certainly many on this site and elsewhere that feel the same !!! It was only a small group that gathered together to cause the revolution – a minority – we are that minority READ IT please !!!!

PAUL REVERE”S – our country is calling !!!!!!!!!!!
    do not be lulled by the song of despair/over money – your freedoms are eroding two by two – not one by one – we are witnessing democracy gone bad – individual rights no longer matter – only the perceived financial stability of those who do not contribute to society but act as leeches sucking the life out of out the hard work of tax paying citizens – the red flag that should be going up in every Americans home is were is the line drawn over the government spending our money and for what ?!!!!!!!! we have the right to question and say NO !
    Read your rights !!!! Do you even know what they are ?

5. Bodenzee says:

It’s not possible to remain consistent when telling lies. The liberal element will, in time, self destruct. I just hope I’m still alive to see it.

If you clicked on the video and got that it was not available, click HERE to see it, I hope!

8. asilentsong says:

Would you consider posting a form letter that we can send to our representatives? Possibly another to send to the “Turncoat Republicans?” It would be such a big help. I am sure that there are many people like me that would like to say something, but are not very good at expressing our thoughts.

9. I Beam says:

Huckabee calls it the:

C ongressional
    R elief
    A ction
    P rogram

New news today 14 Feb, Global warming much worse than thought, If this is true how come the lowland cities haven’t already flooded?

11. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

The eligibiliy issue is front page in the Knoxville News Sentinal today. You can view it on line.

I reckon it makes a difference when lawmakers start signing on as plaintiffs.

Thanks, Ken

12. Capt-Dax says:

Were Being pushed to the Wall Jeff!..
    I fear were the Dems are takeing us, They’ll not have my Guns or liberty..

13. tm says:

Sounds like a really good read on Cantor – on clicking the link I saw it was a NYT article and I had to X out
    I refuse to read anything on that site.

FYI :
    “Buy American” Provision Is In the Final Spendulus Bill again
    Trade War ?

I have to truly believe that the Smelling rotten Libtartds are trying to collaspe our government and our economy. That way they will give you 25 cent on every dollar you have when they do decide to change our currency. Just wait its coming from these crooks. In 1933 our government made it illegal to own gold coins. Everyone had to turn their coins in for face value and in exchange they got useless paper money. This will happen too so hide your gold coins and get your guns ready. These are real true mobsters running our government.

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad. I lived in Russia, a great country destroyed by socialists many years before I was born. I lived in Israel, another great country that was destroyed by socialists in 1992 when they – such an amazing coincidence! – bought three moderate Knesset members to import Yassir Arafat’s gang and sell them the Holy Land for a few years of power. Now, I live in yet another great country which I once believed to be impervious to the plague of socialism – and alas, how wrong I was.

Seeing this encroaching tide of socialism reminds me of being confronted by a swarm of African termites (no pun intended). As books teach us, the choice is limited: flee or be eaten. Complaining does not help; arguing does not help; cursing does not help; giving them more food so they’d spare you does not help, either; praying might, or might not, help, and I’d rather not check it personally. The only solution is either to burn the advancing swarm, or spray it with lead-based poison. Lead and fire, yes, and I hope The People still remember how to use them.

15. seeks truth says:

LOL! That’s why I keep coming back to AR. You always give me a little chuckle and let’s face it, we all need a little levity to keep our sanity.

Had a chance today to get away from the computer. It was to stay with a sick friend, but a member of her family (Pat) came over, and what did we talk about? Politics, Obama, and the Pork Package. Pat said she doesn’t have a computer, that she watches the newscasts to find out what’s going on. I told her I had not turned on the TV since September; I get all my information from the Internet because the mainstream media doesn’t want us to know what’s going on! She did say that more and more of the people who voted for Obama are becoming aware of what he’s up to and are really angry about what he is doing. They don’t think he’s Mr. Wonderful now! thank goodness!

Folks, it’s people like you and me who sit at the computer and research who know what’s reality and what’s not. No danged wonder Chairman Obama Soetoro wants things done in a hurry. The problem is that people don’t know how to undo their votes, and probably can’t before it’s too late.

I believe Obama knows the fire is getting hot, and he will press on for as much as he can grab to maintain his control.

Does anybody know anything about the New Party that he was a member of? It is a socialist party.

History’s Cesspool of Bad Ideas: Socialism and Corporate Social Responsibility

Jeff, this reminded me of this article from my home state: http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A23826

JULY 9, 2008 – Saving the Constitution from Bankruptcy And eventually the general welfare, says U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn, warning that the federal government needs to be reigned in

BY BRIAN ERVIN

Excerpts:

“Hence the Enumerated Powers Act.

Coburn was a co-sponsor when he served in the House, but he and Shadegg have so far failed to get it passed.

“There hasn’t been vocal opposition,” said Shadegg.

“After all, opposition to this bill is essentially opposition to the U.S. Constitution. That being said, there are not, nor have there ever been, Democrat co-sponsors of the bill,” he added.

When asked why, after a decade and a half, the bill still hasn’t passed, Coburn answered, “Because everybody likes government programs, whether it’s in the constitutional realm or not.”

“Most people don’t want to do it because it means you have to go by the Constitution and you may not get to do everything you told everybody you would do,” he added…

…Coburn said he’d like to see states’ rights and Tenth Amendment issues come up for discussion in the ongoing election season, but he’s not holding his breath.

“Unless McCain picks it up, it’ll get covered up until after the election. But this is not something we’ll stop on. This is something we’ll continue to do, continue to talk about, and we’ll continue to raise,” he said.”

It seems Coburn was correct. Since the election, the number of States affirming 10th amendments rights is growing every day.

Jeff

You do mention Good and Evil

You are expressing Separation. Unity or we are all ONE is the opposite idea.

I want to encourage you to look into the concept of ONEness. For the answer to all problems resides there. There are no answers in separation. Separation moves from a few misunderstood words to nuclear all out world war.

The problem lies in that the human mind is based on separation and letting go of separation is very subtle. But it helps to realize that happiness is found in oneness which is love. The essence of who you are, your very Being and life force IS love. Once you come to experience that you are love then your universe will change. For there is no evil. Evil is simply an idea invented by the human mind which is an error.

19. Victor says:

Could you clarify “that whole Judaism thing” in reference to Rep. Cantor?

Thanks

The very act of the human being creating evil is proof of its existence – hence having free will to choose good or evil >………The previous argument fails – it is an excuse to deny the fact that evil exists – love is a choice given to us by the creator so we would choose HIm rather than just be . If we did not have choice then we would know neither love nor hate .

We need to expose the truth of the Hussein Muhammad's Birth Certificate! We need to "PUSH" this Constitutional requirement (#14 Born "in" America).
    Why do you think he's hired "law firms" to hide this information and why they are tearing down the Constitution!
    The enemy has taken out the 10 Commandments and now is going after these "protective" foundational rules.
    Get him on this and he's out. The orders are re-nigged and those involved are "imprisoned" as well.
    This is a Federal Offense and they need to be exposed and punished – not just a slap on the hand.
    Writing and requesting will do nothing when you're dealing with liars, stealers and swindlers!
    Get the Birth Certificate! and the rest of the tower will tumble.

22. Greg Goss says:

Proclaiming dyer consequences the president insisted on passing the largest spending bill in history, giving congress less than 24 hours to read 1100 pages, is not going to sign the bill until Tuesday! WTF!! We could have some weekend reading but no that would of caused debate over all the crap thst is in there, and wait until you find out what is in this bill, simply unbelievable.

Find out how your representative and senator voted, and don’t ever forget it.

The stimulus has turned into an absolute circus. First we were going to get 48 hours to read the bill, then within 24 hours the bill was voted on so Nancy Pelosi could go on her foreign jaunt. Now Hobama is on a 3 day vacation and won’t get to sign until Tuesday. What was the hurry? I know it was because they didn’t want to give people time to read the bill, but won’t that backfire on them when all this comes out after the fact? I guess not, as the MSM won’t report it and the others like us already know it. For the first time in my adult life I am scared for my country.

Thanks Jeff for keeping all of us informed.

I agree with Gail about many Obama supporters having second thoughts. I’ve seen it, too, although right now most of those “sentient” democrats are in the “silent stage.” That means they are processing all this new information and trying to figure out what to do or say next.

I believe it’s important right now not to indulge in a lot of silly, mean-spirited “I told you so” invectives, screeds, or insult tirades. That simply elicits a reactionary response from them, which is not helpful. After all, the coming waves of inflation, high interest rates, and Big Government intrusions into our personal lives will affect them, too. Yes, I’m angry with those moderate democrats, but their help in heading off this national disaster could be crucial. The dead-enders, now, that’s a different story.

Word verification this time:

Waglygma

which I believe is a noun that means “cancerous, big government tumor.” Hopefully it isn’t fatal.

JV

25. Greg Goss says:
  26. Jeff Schreiber says:

Victor said…

Could you clarify “that whole Judaism thing” in reference to Rep. Cantor?

Thanks

Sure thing, Victor. Cantor is Jewish, which could be seen as a problem by some people, unfortunately.

Of course, my own father is Jewish, so I do not consider it to be an issue. Some people, however, are idiots.

28. Seeks Truth says:

Oh wow, looks like Lindsey Graham is shedding his elephant hide and revealing his RINO skin again. Check out Hot Air and his comment that we may have to nationalize banks!!!

Thanks Jeff for allowing us to communicate, voice concerns and share important information!

Maybe it's time for a reminder of what "is" in the Constitution and state speaking that instead of what it doesn't say!

Courtesy to the "Oneness" plan.
    Here's one I came across that many seem to be "at one" with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TF6HMrOlic

We need to get enforcement of the Constitution to work for us ~ if they want to rewrite it that means we need to use it and act quickly.
    Thanks for supporting the Good O AMERICA … God shed His Grace on thee …

WND.com also has a host of requiring real Birth Certificate

Legal question I saw at AT

If Senator Burris of Ill is found to be corrupt can his vote for the Stimulus Bill be deducted?

Worth making calls or a red herring?

An Austalian news publication has written on the closed door session congress had in March 2008 – supposedly they were forbidden to release information about this gathering and only said it had to do with security surveliance but because it was so hard to take some representatives leaked – about a Sept.2008 financial collapse , Feb 2009 collapse , martial law because individuals wishing to overthrow the bad government , and irate citizens angry over congress having ability to have access to hidden facilities for such dire circumstances with their families – a civil war breakout …and it goes on
    Has anyone heard such horrendous theories about that meeting – I do recall it but Holy – - – t . If this were the case _ would all republicans have stood against the bill just past – I don’t think so .? I ‘m scratching my head – I know there are very serious corrupt issues yet for us to discover / and I hope we have the fortitude and strength to handle them –
    man is his own worst enemy – it just seems we are living out a really scary bad conspiracy movie of the future . I had to throw this out there in case it is true – you all have been warned … I hope its a lie …

To Gail B,
    Yes, indeed, he wants to hurry things up. It’s the same tactic he used with early voting. The longer things went along, the more came out about him. And in lieu of that point, I heard there were a lot of coal miners in OH, etc., that were upset that he got their vote early. After pledging to put them out-of-business…the coal industry entirely…it’s no wonder they were mad their vote was “wasted”. Yep…there sure is a hurry up and wait mentality.
    Funny, Huckabee apologized to Hannity on Friday’s show because he claimed that Obama wouldn’t risk taking this country to the hard left. I remember him, as well as many other republicans, saying such things. I knew better then, and I know better now. Just take a good look at how the bill was passed and in what matter. It’s frightening. Since when, in America, do the people have no right whatsoever to see, read, filter, think over, deny or debate such things? Scary man, is this guy….

What does Cantor being Jewish have to do with anything? Seriously…I am Christian, and in MY Bible, God demands us to love, protect, and respect His chosen people. My dad had several jewish friends growing up on Long Island, and my grandmother loved a man…the only man she ever loved…who was jewish but they were separated by both sets of parents…it was early 1900′s, soo….but, honestly….I am 110% behind Israel and it is weird to think of Jews in any other light besides wonderful…to me…I dunno, but what is that all about?

34. Anonymouse says:

This is CRITICAL reading, and I do mean critical. Someone posted about it at Orly Taitz's site at http://defendourfreedoms.us

The document is titled:

<< Congress of the United States
    Congressional Budget Office
    Budget Options
    Volume I
    Health Care >>

And just wait till you learn about the shaft the USSA government is giving to the veterans who already sacrificed so much of their lives and to the active military who continue to do so . . . except now it is under the command of the Indonesian citizen.

Search this document for:

Option 96
    Introduce Minimum Out-of-Pocket Requirements Under TRICARE For Life

and then read this and more:

<< This option would help reduce the costs of TFL, as well as costs for Medicare, by introducing minimum out-of-pocket requirements for beneficiaries. Under this option, TFL would not cover any of the first $525 of an enrollee’s cost-sharing liabilities for calendar year 2011 and would limit coverage to 50 percent of the next $4,725 in Medicare cost sharing that the beneficiary incurred. >>

I URGE everyone to relay this information to every single military member both active and retired. Let’s see if the ensuing rage among them is enough to persuade them to form a class action suit to determine the citizenship of their Commander in Chief.

What do any good AR patriots know about the conspiracy Illumanati ( this has to be trash thinking )
    the person above mentioned them and if you look up this name – you find very interesting information – I do not give it very much credence / one can’t be sure about anything today as we have so much corruption before us – word of the decade CORRUPTION !

????????????/

36. Kris says:

Yes, he is wrong on that one … just more revelations of the remaining naive notions of the “pure”. Whether or not the large masses of believing lemmings who, by their own free wills gave us this revolution of intentions, realized the outcome of their blindness, they obviously now want a complete repolarizing of our basic structures. No matter the chaos they will remain stupidly mired in their false hopes and ignorance. There are just too many undisciplined and uneducated in the truth of history now to be convinced otherwise … except by the sword … and that ability is also under the influence of those who would desecrate the remaining “pure” (even within the defense forces still living under a beleaguered Constitution). Just look at the similarities with this:

“Those who voted “yes” today voted for socialism, for revolution,” Chavez thundered to thousands of ecstatic supporters jamming the streets around the presidential palace. Fireworks lit up the Caracas skyline, and one man walked though the crowd carrying a painting of Chavez that read: “Forever.”

Josefa Dugarte stared at the crowd from the stoop of her apartment building with look of dismay.

“These people don’t realize what they have done,” she muttered.

……
    At their campaign headquarters, Chavez opponents hugged one another, and some cried. They said the results were skewed by Chavez’s broad use of state resources to get out the vote, through a battery of state-run news media, pressure on 2 million public employees and frequent presidential speeches which all television stations were required to air.

With the courts, the legislature and the election council all under his influence, and now with no limits on his re-election, officials say Chavez is virtually unstoppable.

“Effectively this will become a dictatorship,” opposition leader Omar Barboza told The Associated Press. “It’s control of all the powers, lack of separation of powers, unscrupulous use of state resources, persecution of adversaries.”

37. Mick says:

Well, where were all these pissed off republicans befor BO was sworn in? It’s a little late to complain when they could have stopped the whole thing to begin with!

38. Lilly says:

I just had a thought about O stating that he would be creating/saving jobs (construction) with this farce of a bill and the timing of it. It is winter, un-employment always goes up in the winter, especially in construction. Spring is just around the corner, things are warming up, snow is melting. Of course construction is going to start back up. I-90 in NO. IL. has signs up stating that the construction to widen it (that has been going on for 2 yrs) will be re-starting this week. Hummm, who do you think is going to take credit for those workers going back to work on infrastructure? Timing is everything.

ANONYMOUS at Feb 15, 9:57 AM

–said, “The essence of who you are, your very Being and life force IS love. Once you come to experience that you are love then your universe will change. For there is no evil.”

(1) One cannot feign love where it does not exist, nor doubt it when it does exist.

(2) Seems you have forgotten that our Motto is “IN GOD WE TRUST.”

(3) The reason we call it “The Lord’s Prayer” is that our Lord is the one Who first prayed it: “…And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil….”

(4) Then you said, “Evil is simply an idea invented by the human mind which is an error.”

Are you telling me that the only perfect person who ever lived didn’t know what he was talking about? That Jesus was “IN ERROR?!”

Are you a member of Jeremiah Wright’s church, too? Give us a break! Want to see evil? Look in the mirror. Then ask God for His mercy and forgiveness. Jesus DIED for you. THAT’S LOVE!

40. MaryAlice says:

From Alan Keyes:

THOUGHTLET- “A little thought (that) goes a long way”
    Everyone’s fussing over whether the Alleged Usurper’s stimulus plan will help or hurt the economy. Are they missing the point? Massive taxpayer resources are being pumped into Obama’s powerbase. His cohorts grow stronger, while the larger economic impact of the plan makes everyone else weaker. Not much of a recovery plan, but a great strategy for securing power.

Then there are all those Hamas loving Palestinians he’s using taxpayer money to bring to the U.S. After 9/11 the Palestinians danced in their streets. This time they won’t have far to go to dance on our graves.

From Alan Keyes

Nothing more needs to be said.

Another good article from Victor Hanson at Victor Hanson’s Private Papers, titled ‘The Apocalyptic Style’.

/hanson020809.html

Why would Obama think that the same borrowing, spending and printing cash that caused the problem, would be able to fix the problem?

bebe

43. thunderprince says:

This latest Presidential Determination is s***t. This did not get any press in the Seattle area – has anyone else heard of it? Just what we need a bunch of Hamas terrorists getting a paidwelcome mat into the U.S.!!!!
    I cannot believe the Jewish community voted for Obama – didn’t they know that he is totally pro-Muslim???

Federal Register /Vol. 74, No. 22 /Wednesday, February 4, 2009 / Presidential Documents 6115

Presidential Determination No. 2009–15 of January 27, 2009

Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs Related To

Gaza

Memorandum for the Secretary of State

By the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the

United States, including section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance

Act of 1962 (the ‘‘Act’’), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601), I hereby determine,

pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the Act, that it is important to the

national interest to furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not

to exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and

Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose of meeting unexpected and urgent

refugee and migration needs, including by contributions to international,

governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and payment of administrative

expenses of Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the

Department of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian refugees

and conflict victims in Gaza.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal

Register.

THE WHITE HOUSE,

Washington, January 27, 2009

Just like in Venesuela… Guess what is coming soon!!! H.J.Res 5 – Constitutional Amendment – Repeals the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution (thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President). filed by USA Congress Rep. Jose Serrano from New York.

For anyone who thinks that Obama is trying to help, STOP!

Why ask, “Why does he think we can spend our way out of this mess?”

He doesn’t; his goal is to destroy our country.

Verification word: bleda (how appropriate)!

Reply to Gail B. about the New Party.
    Yes, the New Party is Socialist.
    Next on the 22nd Amendment. This has to be approved by the states so I don’t think this will happen.

Dearborn Michigan has the country’s largest Arab population in the United States. The school systems, law enforcement, etc., cater to them to prevent incidents and bad press. The so called ‘honor killings’ are not that rare there. The only reason I know of them is because I was in law enforcement in the late 70′s-80′s. Father’s and brothers killed female family members for dating outside the Arab community and sometimes for dating at all.

Lynne