Of Stimulus and Canines

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should

By Rick Saunders
America’s Right

Q: Why does a dog lick itself?
A: Because it can.

This rather blunt colloquialism, well-known by now to all high school sophomore teen boys and, it now seems, a growing number of Democrat politicians, seems more and more to be directly analogous pork- and special-interest laden, earmarked, zero-bipartisan, unilaterally Democrat Nightmare on D.C. Street so-called “stimulus” bill being rammed through the House today. That analogue is the behavior of any and all members of Congress, senators and representatives alike, who have allowed their fingerprints to be placed on this 1,071-page monstrosity.

The Democrats are “having their way” with the electorate, regardless of the consequences. Hey, they say, if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants a few million dollars added for pet projects back in her district (the People’s Republic of San Francisco), do it.

Why? Because she can.

Oh, and be quick about voting for it, because her flight to Rome takes off at 6:00 PM today.

If Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wants to insert, in the dead of night, while he thinks no one is looking, an additional eight billion dollars–$8,000,000,000.00–for a high speed “maglev” train (four times the sum originally inserted, but previously stripped from the bill) to shuttle suckers from Los Angeles and the rest of Southern California suckers up to Las Vegas so that they may more rapidly relieve themselves of all that excess money they have accumulated from all of their stocks, investments and bonuses, go for it.

Why? Because he can.

And if President Barack Hussein Obama wants to jettison the last vestiges of his campaign promises to bring “change” to the way Washington works, to discard his promise to abandon the “politics of fear and division,” and to toss away like so much detritus following a train wreck the assurances of “hope” for a better America by (a) adopting the same-old same-old tactics of burned-out liberal theology coughed up by burned-out Clintonistas, (b) going on his first “Scare America” tour, warning of catastrophe if “his” stimulus bill is not passed, and (c) undermining any remnant of competency and sound judgment–illusory as they may have been–that he may have manufactured during the campaign by tapping a series of tax cheats, D.C. insiders and plain old generic bozos to populate his cabinet and administration . . . by all means, have at it.

Once again, the question arises: why?

That’s right, Virginia — because he can. Yes, he can.

If the president’s track record thus far were merely one of inexperience, that might be excused. Certainly that is the case when one reads Pravda on the Hudson (a.k.a. The New York Times). If his track record over the last month–yikes, has it only been that long?!?–were only one of incompetence, that too might be excused. Hey, no one is expected to be totally running and up to speed the day he hits the ground . . . well . . . unless one is the president of the United States of America. Furthermore, if his track record were just one of indifference to the campaign promises he made to some 65 million Americans who voted for him (not to mention the 60 million Americans who saw through the charade and voted for “the other guy”), that too could be rationalized. Lord knows, the mainstream media is doing everything it can to hold this flimsy and already patently feckless administration together.

But when you mix into the pre-existing brew of inexperience, incompetence and indifference the added ingredients of hypocrisy, arrogance and vengeance–remember how that venomous Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel counseled to “never want to waste a crisis”–you have the perfect cauldron of hideous concepts to pour over America. And it appears that this is precisely the plan that Reid, Pelosi and Obama have in mind with regard to the monster they have created in their backroom laboratories (locked to Republicans, of course) — one in the Senate, one in the House and one at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

With a hearty “thank you” to the people who voted Democrat and brought us here, not much more can be done today than to say “Get set, America,” because the party is just about to begin. Reid, Pelosi and Obama–with help from a smattering of turncoat Republicans–are about to have their way with you.

Why? Because they can.

There is, however, a solution. To all those who will be voting on the Frankenstein-like monster now masquerading as the “stimulus bill,” remember Nancy Reagan’s advice to kids tempted to indulge in bad and illicit substances, including drugs: Just say “no.”

In the meantime, has anyone seen my torch and pitchfork?

—————
Rick Saunders is a freelance writer who splits his time between endeavors in southern California and the American southwest. He began writing for America’s Right in December 2008.

Comments

1. CAL says:

It’s my money and I don’t want it spent this way. No one in their right mind would run a business in such a manner.
    If they pass this printing of money I want all of them thrown out. I want my Government back. I want my liberties back. I want my opportunities back. I want their hands off my family and I want the gimmepeople forced to work for a living. I am mad as hell.

3. Carlyle says:

These facts about the stimulus bill may be true:

1. It is full of PORK
    2. It won’t really stimulate anything
    3. It will destroy our economy
    4. It will put our offspring in hock for generations

However, those are NOT the big problems.
    Here is the big problem:

It pushes us beyond the tipping point at which more than half of the voters will be DEPENDENT on the government.

That is why the legislators are not listening to us. That is why they don’t care about angry constituents. That is why they don’t fear being voted out.

If they have more than half of the voters by the “you know whats”, then they are impervious to losing power. This tricky piece of explosive legislation is far worse than you think.

I’m mad as hell too! I own a business that is being taxed to death and I’m tired of working to send every cent I make to crooks. I want my money back, my rights back, my freedoms back and my government back. Everyone please go to AmericaC2C.org and or WTP and sign up. Maybe we need to start littering our yards with signs and calling non stop.

CAL said, “I just called the Republican Senatorial Committee and the GOP and asked that they take away Specter, Snowe and Collins’ committee assignments. Spector prizes his position as ranking member of the judiciary committee. He no longer deserves it!

WHAT’S THE NUMBER?

6. Grace says:

Maybe you can contact Glenn Beck about all the pitchforks he was sent when he asked for one…I hope you are ready to accept delivery! Glenn was sent so many that he had to go on the air and ask people to stop sending them.

Anonymous 1:43 said “I am mad as hell.”

——-

I second the motion.

Nice article, Rick. You have a sharp and sarcastic tongue. I like that!

JV

It’s passed the House. Call, etc., your Senators!

9. Hal says:

I’m wondering how much of this we’ll be able to take until we reach a point where actual action is needed. And what the action is, who knows (Pitchforks have been mentioned)? I, for one, am looking for a direction to go…a spark, if you will, to take some action to stop this nonsense. What is going to be that spark? I mean, lookit…we’re not even 4 weeks into this guy’s presidency, and look at how nuts we’ve all become. And we have to sit back and watch this for 4 years? Are you kidding me? This last 3 1/2 weeks has been the longest 3 1/2 weeks of my life.

What’s the answer? What do we do? How can we stop this? Are we looking at a revolution? Someone, please give tell us!

10. MaryAlice says:

The Republican Senatorial Committee # is 1-202-675-6000.

Call now

11. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

Did any Democrats in the house vote American or did they all vote Socialist? I heard that all Republicans voted American.

Thanks, ken

Depends upon what kind of Con Con you’re referring to. Continental Congress or Constitution Convention? There is going to be a Continental Congress soon. I think it’s We the People Foundation who is sponsoring it. David Walker, former Chief Accounting Officer at the GAO, is with them now, thank goodness. David tried to prevent what’s happening today.

maybe all US,americans should stop paying taxes, and we will see with what moeney the crooks ARE GOING TO PLAY

Mary Alice–

Thanks–Just called them. Also called the Senate Minority Leader’s number. Don’t have to call GA’s Senators–we know where they solidly stand! It’s the Dem Reps we worry about here.

Just read where three more have joined with Eric Swafford in TN in the lawsuit against Obama for proof of his eligibility. Wish more states would jump on that, just for effect, if nothing else.

U.S. House Rep. Lynn A. Westmoreland (R-GA) called the House action today a Financial Valentine’s Day Massacre. I pray that the Senate will haggle over it to get it past this weekend before a vote.

15. bigal says:

Four Reps just joined the California lawsuit against Obama.

Here we go again; hold on to your seats.

16. CAL says:

Gail B and Mary Alice,
    I am glad you called the Republican Senatorial Committee. Here is the number for the GOP in Washington DC.

GOP – 202-863-8500 – I pressed 1 to leave a comment and spoke with someone directly.

17. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

It is all but over in the Senate. Thanks to the trio of traitors there are now 59 votes cast for passage of the turn America into a Socialsit state bill. Brown is the only one left to vote and Chairman Soetoro has him coming in on a special flight to end the American way of life.

Go to Michael Steele, info@gop.com and give him a piece of your mind–I already have–told him to get rid of the twit RINO’s Specter, Snowe, and Collins, or as Dick Morris calls them, “Benedict Arnolds.”

All three of them need to be stripped of their committee assignments.