House Passes Final Version of ‘Stimulus’ Bill

Legislation garners zero Republican support, seven Democrats vote ‘Nay’

Well, the important thing is that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will not miss her flight — never mind that her House of Representatives just passed $787 billion in wasteful spending about as well disguised as an economic recovery package as Michael Moore in a tutu would be disguised as a ballerina.

Just as with the original vote, the final version passed with not a single Republican voting “aye,” providing at least the equivalent of a candlelight of hope at the end of a long, dark tunnel, though it appears as though a few of the 11 courageous Democrats who stood up against the package before caved in, as only seven Democrats did the right thing and resisted pressure from their socialist colleagues.

Those Democrats are Reps. Bobby Bright (D-AL), Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Parker Griffith (D-AL), Walt Minnick (D-ID), Collin Peterson (D-MN), Heath Shuler (D-NC) and Gene Taylor (D-MS). While I certainly would not suggest calling them now, over the next few days it may not be a bad idea to send a few e-mails expressing appreciation for doing the right thing.

A few of those Democrats stick out in my mind, for various reasons. There’s Shuler, who besides being a former professional football star, has proven himself to have just about as much common sense as any Democrat lawmaker, if not more. There’s Bright, making me proud as a fellow Auburn University alum. There’s DeFazio, who just recently introduced legislation entitled the “No BAILOUTS Act.” And, there’s Gene Taylor, who came up very favorably in my recent conversation with Republican Congressman–and phenomenal conservative–Walter Jones of North Carolina.

In the meantime, America’s Right received a statement from Rep. Jones regarding today’s vote. As I expected, it’s exactly what I wanted to hear as a conservative and, more importantly, as an American:

It’s fitting that this bloated bill was passed on Friday the 13th, because this massive government spending will result in scary consequences for our children and grandchildren. Problems that have been caused by too much spending and too much debt simply can’t be solved by more government spending and more federal debt. While there is no doubt that our nation’s economy is suffering a severe downturn, this so-called economic “stimulus” bill is a borrow-and-spend plan with no guaranteed benefits for our economy. I was hopeful that Congress could consider an alternative package that would focus on job creation and cost the taxpayers less. Today’s passage of the largest spending bill in history is not the proper relief for our nation’s ailing economy.

Our nation’s budget deficit is already estimated at $1.2 trillion for the current year. This “stimulus” package merely saddles the American people with even more federal debt. According to the Congressional Budget Office this legislation will increase the federal budget deficit by $792 billion, with additional interest costs of at least $300 billion. With the package’s total cost at $1.1 trillion, Census Bureau statistics indicate that the bill amounts to a per-family cost of at least $9,418 in new spending and debt.

With each citizen’s share of the national debt at $34,000 before this legislation, the American taxpayer cannot afford to be put on the hook for non-essential government spending – like the bill’s $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts and $1 billion for a Prevention and Wellness Fund which can be used for STD education and prevention programs at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

From here, the Senate is expected to vote on the final version of the so-called “stimulus” package this evening — a time-frame which limits the capability of any lawmaker to actually read and comprehend the bill’s contents.

I’m not sure which bothers me more — the actual price tag on the bill, or the fact that a piece of legislation with such an enormous price tag and so many possible adverse consequences was rushed through like a eight-year-old gives a cursory look at the directions accompanying his new Christmas present. I know that our economy is faltering, I know that people are losing jobs and losing homes. It’s not pretty out there, but doing the wrong thing could make matters worse, and I shudder to think of the lasting damage done to America in the name of political expediency.

I come to you each and every day from Philadelphia. The City of Brotherly Love. A city with the feel of a town, a place which because of the history, the restaurants, the museums and more could truly be world-class but for the malfeasance of a bloated city government and the culture of dependence it has created. More and more each day, I look at Philadelphia as a microcosm of what America may become. Stifling taxes, unchecked spending, and such wanton dependence upon bloated social services that anyone who tries to step in, politically, and do the right thing is laughed off as just another “have” looking to take everything away from the “have-nots.”

For much of every day, I work within steps of where our nation was founded. Often, when the weather is nice and I find myself with the extra time, I’ll sit for a moment in the shadow of the building in which our founding documents were developed, debated and signed by those imperfect men who, driven and enlightened by the knowledge of the governmental pitfalls the wished to avoid, established the great experiment of America. More often than not, I’ll ignore the sandwich in my computer bag and find myself gazing into the windows of that very room, wondering what they would think of today’s America.

When judging our government and people today, I feel it is important to remember that our founders came here for a reason, designed this nation and Her government through careful thought and lengthy consideration, wanting for America and Americans what England and the King had been determined to stifle, enjoin and eliminate. America, to them, was to be everything their previous country was not, and the limits they attempted to place on our government’s size, scope and purpose were designed to ensure that it would work.

Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly apparent that, after all this time, it has not. Considering what happened today in the chamber of their own creation, perhaps it is in that regard where many of those who signed the Declaration of Independence and, later, the United States Constitution a few hundred yards away at Independence Hall would be so disapointed. These imperfect men gave their hearts and souls to make their ideas and ideals a reality, principles and values and priorities which have today been largely taken for granted, whittled away or in some cases completely forgotten.

After 230-plus years, this nation has undoubtedly departed drastically from our founders’ design, and I cannot help but believe that, if those men had the opportunity to catch a glimpse of today’s America, they would see a government neither by the people nor for the people but rather a government instead ignoring the people and their desperate cries for restraint and responsibility.

Comments

1. Bodezee says:

This is next. One of Barry's Illinois buddies, Bobby Rush, introduced H.R. 45. Germany's Weimar government enacted similar gun registration laws in the early 1900s which facilitated the Nazi rise to power. Here we go too.

2. Quigley says:

Why is it that when I try to get to the World Net Daily website, I get redirected to MSNBC? Someone can’t handle the truth.

3. GATOR-1 says:

I feel your frustration My friend.

Breath…Hope….Pray….

Most of all…

Keep the Faith…!

We ARE going to get our Republic back….We WILL survive this Disaster…

If EVER by the Grace of God the eligibility issue is heard on it’s Merits….None of this will be legal….Now will it?

I sure dont agree with everything you say….I have my doubts on the “more often than not” thing about the sandwiches…LOL

And what was this about being a quasi? semi-pro jouralist?….

Dude You is Da Man!….It is only your Honest, unbiased, straight forward, let everyone speak style that makes you different from most of the rest…..

You know the kind of difference/change this Country was really looking for?

Thanks….And Please continue to march.

What get me about this “urgency” to pass this bill when the majority is not to be used for some time and where it sits until then is a mystery?

Why push it? Because if it were allowed to be seen for what all it contained maybe even their zombie following would even start to “wonder.”

I’m glad to see there were some who voted “Nay”, but it’s to the point that you question their integrity and motive – was it just to appease some of the people, or did they really have a change of heart and mind.

5. Auntie Lib says:

Wow – I’m shocked at De Fazio’s vote. I haven’t paid attention to him recently, but when we still lived in the People’s Republic of Western Oregon (until 2004), Peter was so far left wing he was out of the flight pattern. What happened??????

Does this mean there’s hope?

6. foytik says:

I wonder what the cost of this stimulus bill is? Has anyone seen a figure of how much it would add to this year’s deficit? I will give you a hint, you never see such figures quoted in the media, be it main stream or otherwise. About the only source that still reports the cost in terms of how much spending it adds to the budget, and how much in tax cuts, is the CBO, congressional Budget Office. Here is a link
    You can see that the bill would add and estimated 184.9 billion to the 2009 deficit.
    Most people probably dont know what the $800 billion dollar or so figures that were being mentioned in the press referred to. Those are spending and tax cuts estimates over 10 years. But congress doesnt actually approve of spending for any longer than the next fiscal year, and any tax changes can be revised next year as well. So the estimates for the years 2 to 10 are just projections, estimates, goals. Not actual. Considering that it seems the media would report how much was actually being approved in spending and tax cuts, i.e. what is approved for this year. But they dont.

Beautiful, Jeff. Quiet, peaceful, with the American flag up at the right. Sunny day. People enjoying the afternoon sun. Thank you for that moment of rest and relaxation, to regroup.

And I open the comment section, and what do I see? Bodenzee has been at work:

“This is next. One of Barry’s Illinois buddies, Bobby Rush, introduced H.R. 45. Germany’s Weimar government enacted similar gun registration laws in the early 1900s which facilitated the Nazi rise to power. Here we go too.”

Dear God, please show somebody the way out of this slaughter of our freedom. Show someone the way to stop these raiders. (Somebody say ‘Amen!’)

8. cher-pa says:

Great article Jeff,
    I was watching Glenn Beck tonight. There was a state rep. from New Hampshire talking about a bill HCR6, Affirming states rights based on Jeffersonian principles.I went to the website nhliberty.org and it looks to me that it is a resolution to secede.He also stated that their are 20 more states with some sort of resolution drawn up.Is there anyway to find out if Pennsylvania is one of the states, and if there is a website for Pa?

Thanks, Jeff, for creating a website that we conservatives can go to and feel like we have a home.

As I read the comments (and make a few myself), I am becoming concerned that the level of anger, frustration, sense of impotency, and fear is getting so high (and this is after only a few weeks of Obamanation) amongst the traditional, American-values community that someone will say, or do, something that creates an incident that the powers-that-be can (and likely will) use to further curb free speech.

Goading people into doing something that can be used to neutralize or destroy them is an old, tried and true, method of achieving ends that would otherwise be unachievable within the desired timeframe (i.e. four years). I fear that the arrogance and heavy-handedness that the Obama adminstration is flaunting may well be a manisfestation of that methodology, so I would urge conservative patriots to keep from becoming desperate to the point of irrational behavior in this struggle.

Being an Oregon resident, I’ll certainly send a note of appreciation to Congressman DeFazio for not following the party line and voting against the stimulus bill. That is nothing short of heroic – perhaps even suicidal -in the political scheme of things here in Oregon.

Some interesting finds:

I still think the Birth Certificate of this “acting” Prez needs to be answered ~ If the Constitution is upheld and he is “revealed” as Keyan born much of this will go away ~ this means cleaning the house of those who knew and let it ride.
    Politifact and WND have a number of supportive evidence and facts to open the can of worms.

We need to hold them accountable.

11. Jeff Schreiber says:

Anonymous said…

Somebody gets EXACTLY how I feel.

Thank you.

Please–PLEASE–e-mail me. I’d like to say thank you personally.

– Jeff

12. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

Gail B.

How do you get your picture in your posts?

Thanks, Ken

13. Seeks Truth says:

Read this. Brilliant plan this guy has. Know anything about Cao?

I spent my evening at Borders Book Store turning Obama books and magazines around to their backsides. It was really very satisfying.

We will figure a way out of this mess, keeping our heads, our hearts intact.

I actually felt more positive, once congress had done it’s evil deed. I think they made a big mistake that will quickly come back to haunt them.

Those interested in finding out more about the state sovereignty issue, contact some of the leading proponents, Dr. Mike Ritze, representative from Oklahoma, and Timothy Comerford of New Hampshire. Go to their state legislature sites and you will find their names and email addresses. There are 20 other states considering this legislation.

Some of these brave state representatives and senators have also signed on with Dr. Orly Taitz in her suits contesting O.’s eligibility.

The states( and a few brave leaders within their legislatures) are one of the few hopes left to us.

Thanks for having shared your thoughts on different fields of interest that you have.

I first visited your blog concerning the Obama issue of the natural born citizen eligibility.
    Now that the dust has settled, it would be good to have a summary of what is next on this matter!!!

Now that Obama has been officially in place, it simply probably could not even be removed by the two legislative chambers (Senate and House of Representative) as the Democrats are at majority at both of them.

So, if the Supreme Court would happen to recognize the non-eligibility of Obama to be President of the USA, basically Obama would not be impeachable or removable by these two chambers.

I do not know if the Supreme Court could take a final decision on this matter without involving the two legislative chambers?

If you happen to have some inspiration, in the future, a summary of what could come next would be a possible idea for new comments from your part. Thanks.

to: cher-pa who said

“Is there anyway to find out if Pennsylvania is one of the states, and if there is a website for Pa?”

I am not Jeff but here is what I know. Pennsylvania State Representative Sam Rohrer has jointed state sovereignty fight. His contact info: http://www.samrohrer.com
    E-mail: srohrer@pahousegop.com
    Phone:(610) 775-5130

Whether he will be able to get it passed or not is a different story

18. John Canuck says:

In a previous comment in a different article, I said that Obama was the world’s most deceitful person and that his political manoeuvring has taken a page right out from the Hamas playbook! Little did I know how ironic bringing in the subject of Hamas was; now I refer you to this:

AND

Also I should warn you Americans that you are being lied to regarding the true long-term costs of all those bailouts (banks, investment houses, car manufacturers, etc.) and this newly passed stimulus package, I’ll refer you to just 2 articles but just search out the news for yourselves regarding the true long-term costs of all this government spending:

AND

My prediction is in 4 years from now, the U.S. economy will be worse off than it is now because of many reasons:

1) That all these bailouts weren’t necessary! You gave money to companies that were going bankrupt and you allowed the exact same people who ran these industries into the ground to stay in their same jobs! Every big bank should have failed because they all went belly-up by pushing predatory lending schemes! Also they got their money upfront by having the mortgagee just pay “interest only” sub-prime loans initially, so it was all profit for the banks. But then the banks turned around and sold these worthless mortgages to investment houses in order to make more money! This last step killed the American economy because the majority of people who bought homes, bought them in a temporary hot real estate bubble, they normal couldn’t even get a standard mortgage where the mortgagee pays the bank off in blended payments (interest and principal). But with sub-prime loans, after the initial short term of just paying off interest, when the homeowner then needed to begin paying off real blended payments, the interest rate increased and that was on top of the principal, so now the monthly payment really shot up! Most of these people couldn’t pay off their monthly blended payments but the economy wouldn’t have collapsed if the banks were legally prevented from reselling these mortgages on the open market as investments! If the banks were forced to hold onto these mortgages then just these banks would have gone bankrupt and that would have been the end of the story. But because investment houses bought these mortgages as investments, they too went belly-up and all the large and small investors that bought these mortgages (that were marketed to them as solid investments) lost all their money too and so on and so on! All the banks that sold sub-prime loans should have been allowed to fail, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world because a new crop of people would have started new banks and they would have been more ethnical than the banks that failed. So too for investment houses, none of the present ones that are being bailed out are ethnical, from the top – down managers took money out of these companies to pay themselves astronomical bonuses! All their clients’ portfolios lost on average 35% of their value, no bonuses should have been paid out; their business is to make money for their clients not lose money! And they took on these banks’ toxic mortgages without investigating the viability of the long-term consequences to invest in sub-prime mortgages! Rather than do their homework, the investment houses tried to make a fast buck and marketed these sub-prime mortgages as a solid investment opportunity to their clients.

2) Because this stimulus package is mainly pork, it’s just a give away of government money to reward political insiders and personal backers. This isn’t going to stimulate your economy! Of the money that really is going towards building infrastructure, there’s only maybe 10,000 direct labour jobs that will be created. A lot of this other stimulus money is window dressing to reward speciality groups but all they are just studies, hundreds of millions of dollars to study renewable energy, clean coal, slowing down of global warming, etc. You’re going to be spending tons of money on speciality studies that are worthless, it might make a few people feel good but these studies won’t create thousands of jobs! And of the tax breaks, from what I’ve read they’re so insignificant that they won’t do anything to stimulate the economy!

3) And finally, in 4 years from now I see a stagnant economy, where the state governments have no money to properly maintain schools, social services, roads, sewers, etc. The stimulus money will have been spent on a few projects; most states probably didn’t get the money for fixing infrastructure because it will have gone to a few key states that loved Obama! And even in these states, once these projects will have been completed, these workers will go right back to being unemployed. In 4 years, the little bit of throwing around this stimulus money will have done nothing for the economy. And just like in Europe, because Obama will now allow all these Muslims into America, they’ll just be lazy, malcontent and violent! And just as in Europe now, these Muslims will want to put the blame on the Jews for everything. The next thing you’ll have is your federal government caving into these Muslim demands, having separate sharia courts and passing laws making it illegal to insult Islam (i.e. to tell the ugly truth about Islam). And because you’ll have all these newly hardcore Muslims from the Middle East, you’ll have waves of domestic bombings demanding the end of Israel! Right now the Arabs are trying to force the U.S. government to see that a 2 state solution is the answer (Palestine and Israel) but what they really want is the removal of the Jewish state and it being replaced by a one Muslim state. And because your economy will be in the toilet and because all the stimulus money will have been spent and because you’ll still be reliant on Muslim oil (all those green studies will have been useless in creating immediate and viable technology) and because your domestic Muslim population is violent—your country will force upon the Jews a one state solution (which of course has nothing to do with helping improve your economy)!

I’m sorry but after just 4 weeks of an Obama administration, I can’t see how America will improve in just a few short years from now! You’ll have a country in more debt (thanks to all these bailouts & stimulus spending), tax rates will have to eventually be increased in order to start paying off the debt, all the short-term stimulus jobs will have been finished, all the studies will have been finished and you’ll have a violent Islamic radical Arab population just like in Europe!

Tell me I’m wrong?

In reply to Anonymous who wrote

“As I read the comments (and make a few myself), I am becoming concerned that the level of anger, frustration, sense of impotency, and fear is getting so high………….”

I agree with your assessment. Fifty plus million people are frustrated as heck and many apparently are not going to take this sitting down anymore. I heard on Plains Radio last Wednesday and Friday that there will be a march in D.C. during Labor Day weekend. Organizers have obtained the necessary permit.

20. Troy M. says:

Jeff, I had to tell you that your blog is the first site I visit daily and that is saying a great deal given I’ve never been much a fan of blogs. It’s nice to read this page on a daily basis and get a real person’s interpretation and views on the matters at hand. I love the contributing writers that you have on the page as well. It’s nice to not feel alone in my outrage given all of the personal liberties that are being compromised by this administration. Keep up the good work.

Hi Jeff,

Very nice read. It brings joy and sadness, at the same time, to my heart.

Yes, this is a good point about violence. The boots of the Obama administration will be quick to use such “flash points”, only to entrench their power. Perhaps you should write more about the dangers of violent displays.

As far as secession goes, it sounds great, but I suspect it’s a complete non-starter. That’s probably why Obama is always reminding us of A. Lincoln.

Please, keep up the good work!!

22. TROUBLESHOOTER says:

Better start practicing saying…
    Continental Congress 2009
    you gotta purge out the old before ya can get on with revival of our Republic!

And likely some will be re-elected: imagine Ron Paul or Alan Keys at the helm?
    In my case the candidates from the Constitution Party were good too!

Surely one of ya’ll could come up w/ NOTICE TO QUIT documents…
    that would be more than enough time for the likes of the present tyrants to GET OUT!

A Stress Test for the Latest Bailout Plan – Feb 13, 2009

Quote: "As we run out of possibilities, nationalization is looking more and more like the right thing."

25. Kris says:

Obama’s Drug Czar

Obama has selected Seattle’s police chief to be the nation’s next drug czar, an administration official said Thursday.

Gil Kerlikowske will lead the Office of National Drug Control Policy, a position that has been a Cabinet-level post in past administrations, according to an official who would speak only on the condition of anonymity because no official announcement has been made.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) said reports that Kerlikowske has been tapped to become the nation’s next “drug czar” offer more proof of the anti-gun intentions of the Obama administration.

“During his eight-year tenure as Seattle’s police chief, Kerlikowske has established himself as a devoted lobbyist for every restrictive gun law proposal,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “That’s pretty hypocritical of a guy whose own gun was stolen out of his department car on a downtown Seattle street. He may pass an FBI background check for an appointment, but he flunked the responsible gun owner’s test.”

Kerlikowske has lobbied for bans on sport-utility rifles that are owned by tens of thousands of law-abiding Washington residents, and millions of their fellow American citizens. He backed legislation to close the mythical “gun show loophole” with an unsubstantiated theory that private sales put guns in the hands of criminals.

“While he’s been Seattle’s police chief,” Gottlieb noted, “he’s become a close ally of the anti-gun Washington CeaseFire, but he’s never bothered to sit down with gun owners to discuss crime problems, gun safety or enforcement efforts that focus on felons rather than firearms.

“Kerlikowske’s reported appointment to a post within the Obama administration reinforces the genuine concerns of American gun owners that the new president is not their friend,” he observed. “The new president has surrounded himself with people who have long anti-gun rights track records, including Joe Biden, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton and Rahm Emanuel. By adding Gil Kerlikowske to his inner circle, Obama is simply confirming the adage that “you can tell a lot about someone by the company he keeps.”

That last statement brings to mind this bunch.

26. toto says:

Thank you once again Jeff, for a heartwarming blog, I appreicate it.

It is also heartwarming to know that the republicans voted in mass against this stimulus bill. I think they are telling the pres they won’t necessarily reach accross the aisle. Thats a good thing, the republicans are starting to show some fight, and life.

On another, unrelated note. I work at a Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep dealership. Chrysler has told the dealers to not report our sales. When we sell a vehicle, we are suppossed to report it sold by computor, for many reasons, but we are told not to do that. Why, you might ask? The only reason that makes any sense is this: If the dealers don’t report cars sold, then the corporation can set it up to get more money from the government in the new bailout fiasco. Just thought you might be interested in this, from an insider on this issue.

Anouncement: Go to defendourfreedoms.us. Four (Tn) representatives have joined Taitz to find out Obama’s eligibility. Contact you representatives. Spread the news. This can’t be quiet much longer!!!

MIDDLE CLASS GUY–
    Look at far upper right and click “Create Blog.” You can upload a pic from your computer. My mug shot is the one used for my column at the newspaper in NC.

MY QUESTION: How do y’all put quotes in bold?!

Have to share this: My cousin in California sent an email saying that she hopes blood is shed over this mess. I told her, “No! No! No! No bloodshed! If there are riots, Obama will declare Martial Law!”

The ONLY way out of this predicament we have gotten ourselves in is to OUTSMART him! We have to use our brains and means of communication to educate the liberals.

What we can do is get on the bandwagon at The Patriotic Resistance (www.ResistNet.com) and join. Or, email me at gailbullock@att.net, and I will forward your email address to Fira for her group emailings.

My email to my Senators simply said, “Vote NO. You understand conservatism. Thank you.”

Last night I sent Senator Judd Gregg a message to thank him for withdrawing and mentioned Jeff’s article about him at http://www.americasright.com. I also begged him not to consider dropping out when his term is up; we need him and will support him!

God bless us all, and may He hold America safely in His hands.

29. PattyW says:

A quick answer to Middle Class Guy’s question of how to get picture in post…
    Go to the top of this blog and click on the SIGN IN block and you can create an ID there complete with picture. For it to show up in comments, you must sign in to read the blog/blogs.

30. Cyborg II says:

I just remembered why Obama was back in campaign mode and has yet tried to be presidential, it’s not in his pay grade.

31. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

Thank you Gail & Patty. Let's see if I did it right.

32. Dee says:

Thank you, Jeff, for another great article. I emailed all 11 Democrats who voted NO after the first vote. I received several email acknowledgements and a nice long letter from Bobby Bright. I was very impressed that either he or someone in his office took the time to mail this to me since I am not in his state. I will once again thank all of them for voting NO.
    I am very disappointed in Arlen Specter but he has been like this for sometime. No more votes from me.
    I read that it was almost impossible for anyone to have the time to read the entire bill. It was to be posted online for 48 hours prior to voting. It was handed out at 11pm on Thursday and the House was to begin voting at 9am on Friday. I am appalled that our representatives continue to vote on bills that they have not read. Does anyone know if the medical issue of the government encouraging the physician to do “what is right” for the patient is still part of it? Arlen said if that remained as part of the bill that he could not support it.
    Last but most importantly, I am so glad that Nancy did not miss her flight. Are the taxpayers paying for this trip?
    Thank you all once again for great discussions. I do not feel alone.

I do not believe anyone wants to imagine the only course to be force – I believe we are all in need of a collective voice to REDRESS – 5th rt under1st Amendment – READ last ten sentences …… this is our amno – the government does not want to deal with us and as a collective voice we can make change happen – look what Martin Luther KIng accomplished , Ghandi
    it requires work , effort and steadfastness ……….
    The frustration you hear on this site and elsewhere is ‘Enough is enough ” and we are all trying to find a way to stop this runaway frieght train – we must educate our children – this is where it starts -( this is where the seed of destruction has made its mark)
    and we must pick up the flag and march forward

Yes,and it was a Black Friday that put the final nail in the coffin of this nation. Australia.To [Australia's national website]
    What was discussed at a closed session of the U.S. House of Representatives?

Tuesday March 25, 2008 7:37pm EST

BRISBANE, Australia – The House has held a closed session for the first time in 25 years and apparently discussed a hotly contested surveillance bill.

Republicans had requested privacy for what they termed “an honest debate” on the new Democratic eavesdropping measure.

Conspiracy theorists around the world have filled many pages of blogs and emails with theories as to why the public was prevented to hear what their elected representatives said and heard.

That is the nature of secrets: those “kept in the dark” want to know and in the absence of knowledge, seek answers.

Writers suggested that the special closed session of the U.S. House of Representatives discussed a lot more than the pending security surveillance provisions.

Last week’s session was only the fourth time in 176 years that Congress has closed it’s doors to the public.

Word has begun leaking from last weeks special, closed-door session of the United States House of Representatives.

Theorists wrote “Not only did members discuss new surveillance provisions as was the publicly stated reason for the closed door session, they also discussed: The imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008, the imminent collapse of US federal government finances by February 2009, the possibility of Civil War inside the USA as a result of the collapse and advance round-ups of “insurgent U.S. citizens” likely to move against the government.

Also theorised was the detention of those rounded-up at “REX 84″ camps constructed throughout the USA and the possibility of retaliation against members of Congress for the collapses and the location of “safe facilities” for members of Congress and their families to reside during expected massive civil unrest

Other answers included “the necessary and unavoidable merger of the United States with Canada” (for its natural resources) and with Mexico (for its cheap labor pool), the issuance of a new currency – THE AMERO – for all three nations as the proposed solution to the coming economic armageddon.

Members of Congress were FORBIDDEN to reveal what was discussed and ABC News via WCPO web site at the link below CONFIRMS congress members were FORBIDDEN to talk about it!

Several are so furious and concerned about the future of the country, they have begun leaking info. Also,reported in Financial Sense article—- part of article here:
    ECONOMIC COLLAPSE IN SEPTEMBER?
    by Clif Droke
    May 19, 2008

A rumor is swirling around the Internet that an inglorious end to the U.S. economy is imminent. Unlike previous rumors to this effect, this one carries the weight of recent events in the financial realm and has many believing the rumor will come to pass.

Let’s examine some of the claims being made: On March 18, 2008, a “closed door” session of Congress was held for only the fourth time in history. According to House Rule XVII, clause 9, it is forbidden for members of the U.S. House of Representatives to reveal the discussions held behind those doors. The penalty for leaking such information includes loss of seniority, fines, reprimand, censure or expulsion. According to news sources, one purpose of the meetings was to discuss new surveillance techniques to be used by U.S. Homeland Security. Rumors continue to swirl as to what the other topics of discussion took place in that meeting.

According to the Australia.TO newspaper, as reported in the May 2008 Last Trumpet Newsletter (LTM), several congressmen were so incensed about what was discussed behind those doors that they were compelled to leak the contents of the meeting. Following is what is rumored to have been discussed: Imminent collapse of the U.S. economy by September 2008; imminent collapse of the U.S. Government finances by February 2009; possibility of civil war within the U.S. resulting from the collapse; detainment of “insurgent U.S. citizens” in anticipation of their moving against the government; the potential for violent action taken by citizens against members of Congress due to the collapses; the merger of the U.S. economy with those of Canada and Mexico as a solution to the collapse; the introduction of a new tri-national currency called the “AMERO” as another economic solution. And the LTN report of it here: MAY 2008

On the 13th day of March 2008, a rare “closed door” session was held by the United States House of Representatives. It was only the fourth time in the history of the United States that the House of Representatives closed the doors and met in absolute secrecy. Thus, those who were elected to represent the people of the United States would not allow the people to know what they were meeting about. Furthermore, House Rule XVII, clause 9, forbids the Representatives from revealing what was discussed. The penalty for leaking such information includes loss of seniority, fine, reprimand, censure, or expulsion! What went on behind those closed doors where every member was sworn to absolute secrecy, to always conceal and never reveal? We know that the only reason for secrecy is to hide evil. The news media said almost nothing about the secret conclave, but it was mentioned only that one of the items being discussed was the new surveillance techniques that are going to used by the U.S. Government to watch every American. (19)

After diligently searching for more information, I finally found what I was looking for in an Australian newspaper. The story appeared in Australia.TO from Brisbane, Australia. The article stated that ABC News via WCPO confirmed that Congress members were forbidden to talk about what went on in their secret meeting. Several of the Representatives, however, were so furious and concerned about the future of the country that they began leaking info. Here are some of the things that were reportedly leaked out regarding the secret meeting: Discussion regarding the imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008 – The imminent collapse of the U.S. Government finances by February 2009 – The possibility of Civil War inside the United States as a result of the collapse – The advance round-ups of “insurgent U.S. citizens” likely to move against the government – The detention of those rounded up at REX 84 camps constructed throughout the United States – The possibility of public retaliation against members of Congress for the collapses – The location of safe facilities for members of Congress and their families to reside during massive civil unrest – the necessary and unavoidable merger of the United States with Canada and Mexico – The issuance of a new currency called the AMERO for all three nations as an economic solution. (20) Obviously, there is no documentary proof for the above as the meetings were secret. The information, however, does fit the profile of what is going on around us. Our Almighty Saviour is ultimately in charge. Time will tell if these things are so, and time is running out! NOTE: 2-14-09 1.The economy did collapse in Sept.2008,and to prevent chaos a “Bailout” of $750billion dollars was forced on Congress under threat of Martial Law and was passed.It has failed and it is a projected $8.5 Trillion Bailout to date.The people flooded their Reps with calls in opposition 1,000 to 1 against it,but it was passed.2.On Feb.13th,2009,a “stimulus” package of $787.5 Billion was passed without one person reading it.This confirms the 2nd part of the leaked information above regarding bankruptcy of the government.At this date,regardless of what transpires in the next few months,it is clear that the information leaked about that Closed Door Senate Session was and is true.Since last September,2008 articles regarding a New World Order and possible civil war and Martial Law in the USA are now in the mainstream media.Already,we are seeing riots across the globe against governments that are collapsing and experiencing the same tyrannical abuse of its people as is taking place here.There is open talk of the NAU and Amero now.There’s also open talk of a coming “generated crisis” in the USA before June 2009.Over 20 States in the USA are trying to pass laws on state sovereignty to protect its rights against the Federal government when Martial Law takes place.Gun sales have gone through the roof in the past six months.It appears that the Illuminati is going to crush the US economy and thus the world’s stock markets to bring in the cashless society and NWO.How many transitional phases will take place is anyone’s guess.But the goal appears to be 2012.

Jeff what do you or your fellow writters say to this last blogger – this is scary scary stuff – I am having a hard time processing it = I read this on another site so it is being circulated – if this is rumor it needs to be stopped because it is fortelling a future we are not going to be able to handle – it sounds like end times
    need a voice of reason .

WHO wrote this? they have put it out there on other sites too ? Who is the author in an Australian Newspaper ? what is the validity of this disertation on what is happening in our country ? Illumanati – conspiracy group ?????

37. Tom says:

Jeff, I agree wholeheartedly with everything said, with the exception of the last sentence. There is clearly no mass of people clamoring for governmental restraint. The picture at the head of the article confirms it, and actually doesn’t do justice to the overwhelming segment of the population who are calling for just the opposite – government expansionism, entitlement, and wealth redistribution.

Trackbacks

1. [...] With zero Republicans in support and seven Democrats voting against, the House of Representatives passed the then $787 billion (now $862 billion) American Recovery and Reinvestment Act three years ago today. That day, North Carolina Congressman Walter Jones told America’s Right that “it’s fitting that this bloa… [...]

2. [...] With zero Republicans in support and seven Democrats voting against, the House of Representatives passed the then $ 787 billion (now $ 862 billion) American Recovery and Reinvestment Act three years ago today. That day, North Carolina Congressman Walter Jones told America’s Right that “it’s fitting that this bloa… [...]