America, Watch Your Back

Friday the 13th, an eerily appropriate day for an absolute nightmare

At the end of a miserable week for America, a week which saw Democrats acting like Democrats at the expense of freedom, of currency value, and of the future for our children’s children, why should today be any different?

From Human Events:

SURPRISE! Dems Break Promise: Stimulus Bill to Floor Friday
By Connie Hair

In a press conference Thursday, the House Republican leadership spoke candidly about being kept out of the House-Senate conference on the Obama-Pelosi-Reid so-called “economic stimulus” bill. They confirmed they had not yet seen the text of the bill as of 4 p.m.

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he was unsure how many Democrats would vote with Republicans again on this bill but that he thought Republicans “may get a few” Democrats to side with them. The fact that the Demos have now broken their promise to have the public able to see the bill for 48 hours may drive more Dems into the Republican camp.

“[I] don’t know, ‘cause they haven’t seen the bill either,” Boehner said.

“The American people have a right to know what’s in this bill,” Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind) told HUMAN EVENTS after the press conference. “Every member of Congress — Republicans and Democrats — voted to post this bill on the internet for 48 hours, 48 hours ago. We’ll see if the Democrats keep their word.”

Actually — as of 5:15 pm, the Democrats had broken their word. The stimulus bill — which we still haven’t seen — will be released late tonight and will be brought up on the House floor at 9 am tomorrow.

Read the whole piece, if you get the chance. Apparently, the Democrats finally did make the full details of the 1,071-page bill available at approximately 11:00 p.m. last night, though there were even some issues with the delayed release besides even the fact that it was delayed — apparently, the bill was made available to lobbyists before it was made available to lawmakers and, when it was finally made available, unlike with other such legislation it was released in PDF format so as to render any keyword searches for content impossible.

One senator predicts that none of his colleagues will have the chance to read the bill before voting, another congressman says that “[r]egardless of party, we all cast our votes with one hand and crossed our fingers with the other.

So much for transparency. So much for responsibility. I’m with Rep. Eric Cantor when he says that “[t]hose in favor of speed over common sense may just be afraid of letting the People know what they are ramming through.” This bill, appropriately enough on today, Friday the 13th, is an absolute nightmare.

All that’s missing from Congress on this day? Hockey masks, and a collection of large, bloody knives.

Forget, for a moment, the loads of pork in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Forget that many economists are saying that, no, the “stimulus” package will not be stimulative. Forget even that much of the reason for the rush is that Nancy Pelosi has travel plans.

Already, we’re seeing a dangerous pattern of broken promises. The Human Events piece mentions that the Democrats have broken their promise to make this legislation available to the public for a full 48 hours before action is taken, but we also forget that President Obama’s transition Web site promised that the days of writing legislation behind closed doors–he specifically mentioned reconciliation conferences such as the one held on Thursday … behind closed doors–and that Obama himself promised several times during his campaign that legislation would be posted online for five full days before being signed, another promise which looks as though it will be broken.

Now that’s “Change We Can Believe In!”

SEE ALSO:

Comments

1. Hal says:

Now we see the urgency…Queen Nancy has to catch a flight at 6:00 PM for an 8-day Europe trip….according to Drudge.

2. BlueWater says:

He is the most shameless liar I have ever seen, but he knows that neither the media or his colleagues will hold him accountable. These are amazing days.

Democrats Delay Bill Release to Conceal Details
    by Connie Hair
    02/13/2009

“Democratic staffers released the final version of the stimulus bill at about 11 p.m. last night after delaying the release for hours to put it into a format which people cannot “search” on their home computers.”

Continue reading at: http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30700

4. American Genie says:

Jeff, take a little time and visit

I think you will be very interested in the research being done by this excellent blogger who has recently had visits to her site by some very heavy hitters including Rahm Emanuel & the White House. It seems a lot of folks in the middle of this mess are very interested in the evidence she has uncovered through hours of very thorough research. She has a list posted of all of the illustrious visitors to her site since she started uncovering their hidden agendas. There's a very good reason that she is called the Logistics Monster.

God bless America!

Obama is all lies. He promises something and then does just the opposite. Once a liar always a liar is what my mother always said.

6. CAL says:

I was on an American for Prosperity conference call last night. Steve Moore said that this bill will cause our deficit to balloon to 2 trillion. That is 5 times larger than any deficit in history. This is not even the end. The democrats still want to pass TARP II and they have the regular appropriations bill to pass. This is an absolute crime taking place, but I do not know when it is going to end. The majority of Americans cannot be bothered with the details of what is happening on Capital Hill.

Here is a link to the WSB Jamie Dupree website that has the information on the ‘stimulus package’.
    As Jamie wrote;
    ‘There are 4 links. The first two take you to the actual bill language of the spending and tax provisions in the bill. The most interesting ones to read are probably the second two, which do explain some of what’s going on’.

no comment on the word verification of ‘asinsm’.

8. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

Any word from the traitor trio? Is there any hope or indication that they have seen the light and might vote American on this bill?

Thanks, Ken

9. Amy says:

Obama has broken so many promises already. There is no transparency or bipartisanship. Lobbyists are working for him. They’re trying to take control of the census. And, now Bill Clinton is calling for a reinstatement of the Fairness Docrine.

The liberals/socialists are truly out to destroy our nation. They are trying to take complete control over every facet of our lives and sadly, the once do-nothing Congress is moving at the speed of light.

Sign the petition against the pork Here! –and HURRY.

11. Greg Goss says:

And the Caterpillar lie is another huge one. He is going to lie so often that no one will be able to keep track and just give up trying to call him on anything. It will be like “where do you start”?

Mrs. Pelosi is on her way to Italy? Why?

What we have here is a silent takeover of the US government in conjunction with other European nations who favor socialism to democracy.

By the end of this year, I predict there will be martial law. The Obama administration will invent some “trumped up” emergency where the government will need to take over all aspects of our lives.

This is the beginning of the end.

13. Hope for a Change of Direction says:

I am so frustrated with this entire mess. How can anyone that represents the people of this country in either the Senate or House, Republican or Democrat vote for this plan and say they are acting for the good of our country! I am appalled!

Hello,
    PORK – Reid’s midnight RAIL ROAD from LA to Las Vegas
    PORK – Pelosi CONDOMS
    EARMARK – Daschle and his BIG BROTHER HEALTH CARE PLAN
    EARMARK – Money for ACORN

I could go on and on, but I am too pissed off right now!!!!

14. Seeks Truth says:

Hey Jeff,
    Since you’re in Arlen country, could you start a new trend by putting political signs in your yards starting NOW against these creeps. I mean, you may only have free speech for just a while longer. Better make use of it while you got it.

Can anyone confirm what I’ve read today about the ‘financial terrorist attack’ of 9/15? Essentially, it claims that the actual root of the ‘recession’ is the events of that day, when at approximately 11:00 am there was a nearly-unstoppable electronic run on the US banking system, totaling $550 billion dollars. Once the Fed was aware of what was taking place, apparently, they moved to shut down the entire system. The claim is that if it hadn’t been stopped, by 2:00 pm that afternoon the US economy, and possibly even its political system, would have been in complete ashes. I find this somewhat difficult to grasp, but given the nature of the pieces of the puzzle that seem to be coming together, it’s not entirely out of the realm of the possible, I suppose. This is all starting to strike me as some combined Islamic-communist takeover…I wonder why Barry and his boys are in such a hurry to ram this through, after all?

16. Seeks Truth says:

Go Tom! Proud to have you as my rep!!! He has a new youtube today.

Can’t figure out how to permalink this but go here and scroll to “Tom Price Tours the Stimulus”

And please call your conservative congressmen and implore them to be vocal. Use Tom Price as an example.

17. Katherine says:

I’m a democrat, but I’m mostly with you on this. They should take the time to read the bill and be sure of it before they freaking pass it.

Katherine, welcome to the real world. Democrats under the Dome do not want the Republicans or anybody else to know what they’re doing in the Conference Room! That’s the reason for the closed door. Also, Pelosi promised to have the version on the Internet for 48 hours, so that everyone could have an opportunity to read it, but that, too, was a lie.

Obama stood before the camera and said (with a straight face, too, mind you) that there was not one earmark in the package. The working Americans will get, not a check for $400, a tax CREDIT of $13 a week to stimulate the economy. Think about it–$400 out of $789 BILLION! Plus, they are enacting legislation for socialized medicine under the wraps of stimulus.

Welcome to the real world. And thanks for swearing off Koolade.

Please LOOK at The WTP ' wethe people site !!! there is a fighting chance for the people to jave a vehicle to stop and correct the corruption of our Constitution – there are so many fragmented groups and we need to come together under one common roof – it esposes Thomas Jefferson , Thomas Paine , JohnAdams < Ronald Reagan – PASS THIS EVERYWHERE !! PLease lokk into it .

20. Matt D says:

I say we need to get each representatives and senators who votes yes official statement affirming or denying their reading of this bill. Who in their right mind would vote for 800 billion dollars without reading and knowing where it is going? Ludicrous!!

21. Lisa says:

Does anyone have a link to the new and improved bill that will be shoved down our throats today? I can’t seem to find it… although I’m sure it would take me weeks to actually read the whole thing.

Something that Glenn Beck said the other night really hit home for me. A couple of snippets:

“Who is he (Obama)? He’s David Copperfield: A master of misdirection, who is making sure that so much is going on that it wears you out. You’re feeling overwhelmed and it’s all intentional.”

And…

“These are all individual outrages, set up to divide the media’s attention and your attention — which need to be unified, like an army.

It’s simply a matter of divide and conquer.

You are saying, “I’m just trying to hang onto my job. What? I don’t know what to do.” And we say, call, call, call your representatives right now. And you do call, but at some point it becomes too much and you say, “I’m not calling anymore.” And I don’t blame you. But that’s exactly what David Obama-Field wants.”

You can read/view the entire piece here”

This really hits home for me. The more I read, the more I watch what’s happening, the more I stay tuned and try to stay informed… the more Angry, tired, frustrated and outraged I become. It’s to the point where it really has affected my over all mood. I want to say “OK…I’ve had enough”. I want to say I’m done… I’m not reading any more, I’m not watching the news any more, I don’t care any more…Obama and his cronies in DC are going to do what they want and we’re powerless to stop it. But, I can’t say those things…because it’s those who are ignorant to what is going on in the world around them who voted for this socialist fraud to begin with.
    I’m completely disgusted with the whole thing. But worse, I’m truly afraid for my future, for my daughter’s future and for the future of this nation. And unfortunately for me…the fact that I give a damn is making me grumpy to say the least.

Oh, how I wish I could just not worry and be happy again. But even more than that, I’d like to know what we can really do to make this stop. Calling, writing, etc. doesn’t work. Those in DC don’t give a give a rat’s a** about what the people think.

Do we have a provision to protect the people when
    corrupt laws have been passed – this was not a process that followed proper procedure and thoroughly “vetted ” as coined as a method to deliberate the strength and weakness of a bill that is supposed to protect the rights of all Americans -
    We have a congress / legislature gone bad and we must have a provision in the Constitution to remedy this abomination ( couldn’t hardly print that without the pull to say obamanation !

23. PattyW says:

Can anyone say, “Blank Check?”

Wow, this has sure been on the QT! I ran across this information and I want to know if Texas will be doing the same thing. I know we are already a Republic, so maybe we don't have to, but we should be well-prepared because we have a Usurper in the White House and a renegade Congress. Here's the info:

“I came across this top WordPress post.

The blogger later clarifies that these states have not enacted legislation yet; these are apparently proposed resolutions.

Does anyone know what’s going on? Seriously. Are these resolutions common in recent history, or is this a new trend? I am seeking accurate and well-researched explanations and analysis.

9+ States have now declared sovereignty, now add Washington to the list.

In case you didn’t hear about it on the mainstream media (which you haven’t because they want to keep us asleep), numerous states are currently declaring or have already declared sovereignty, including:

Washington

New Hampshire

Arizona

Montana

Michigan

Missouri

Oklahoma

California

Georgia

Possibly: Colorado, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, Montana, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Alaska, Kansas, Alabama, Nevada, Maine, Illinois.

It is interesting to note that Arizona explicitly speaks about continuity of government and the role of servicemen.

“…if the President or any other federal entity attempts to institute martial law or its equivalent without an official declaration in one or more of the states without the consent of that state … individual members of the military return to their respective states and report to the Governor until a new President is elected…”

Full text: http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/49leg/1r/bills/hcr2024p.htm

“The Tenth Amendment was intended to confirm the understanding of the people at the time the Constitution was adopted, that powers not granted to the United States were reserved to the States or to the people. It added nothing to the instrument as originally ratified.” — United States v. Sprague, 282 U.S. 716, 733 (1931).”