February 7-8, 2009 — Weekend Reading

Let’s just PRINT the money! What’s the harm in that?

Bipartisan Deal Eases Way for Stimulus Bill in Senate
(FROM: The Washington Post) Okay, first of all, three Republicans–if you can call them that–do NOT a bipartisan bill make. Secondly, while the price tag for this nightmare piece of legislation has indeed dropped from $920,000,000,000 to $820,000,000,000, let’s remember that the original bill proposed by House Democrats was priced at $821,000,000,000.

Not much a change here, yet we slap a “bipartisan” label onto it because of the involvement of a few spineless Republicans with principles replaced by political convenience and expediency, and suddenly everything is golden, suddenly we’ve all come together, hand-in-hand, for the good of the country.

Never mind the politics of fear overtly played out by the liberals in the White House and in Congress. Never mind that the vice president actually acknowledged the fact that the American people do NOT want this bill. Never mind that the Congressional Budget Office says that we’re better off doing nothing at all than passing this abomination. It doesn’t matter because we’re in a crisis and the Messiah says that we’re never coming out unless we act and act fast.

I’m absolutely disgusted with our leadership in this nation, and words cannot describe how I feel about my own turncoat of a senator, Arlen Specter. He, along with Republicans Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, have completely betrayed those who put them in office, and I hope that each one knows that betrayal will not come without consequence. Come time for re-election, I will personally make phone call after phone call to telephone numbers from one side of the Yellow Pages to the other in Maine and Pennsylvania and remind each and every voter who answers the phone just what hand their elected official had in the downfall of America as we know it.

In the meantime, I’d call Specter’s office begging him to reconsider before the vote on Monday, but not only is his voicemail full, I’m not sure he’d take his head out of his posterior long enough to hear the telephone ringing anyway.

SEE ALSO:

Carl Icahn: Capitalism Should Return to its Roots
(FROM: The Wall Street Journal) Across the United States and around the world, office workers and world leaders alike are arguing that the economic crisis in America shows that capitalism doens’t work. What isn’t being said, however, is that capitalism is not being ALLOWED to work. This piece, on shareholders given the chance to self-regulate business rather than being stifled by government involvement, is an excellent example of that. An excerpt:

What we need are fewer government rules at the state level that protect managements. We need to return capitalism — our great national wealth machine — to its roots, where owners call the shots to managements, not the other way around.

Currently, corporate law is largely the province of state governments, not federal. As a result, most corporations migrate to, and incorporate in, states that offer the most protection for managements.

Management-friendly states have a vested interest in attracting these companies because hosting them generates a substantial portion of state revenues. It’s a symbiotic relationship: The state offers management protections and, in return, receives much-needed tax revenue.

However certain states, like North Dakota, offer many more rights and protections to shareholders. Because shareholders own companies, they should have the right to move a company to a state that gives shareholders more protections.

What is needed, therefore, is a federal law that allows shareholders to vote by simple majority to move their company’s incorporation to another state. That power is currently vested with boards and management.

This move would not be a panacea for all our economic problems. But it would be a step forward, eliminating the stranglehold managements have on shareholder assets. Shouldn’t the owners of companies have these rights?

Get Ready for the U.S. Census Fight, Chicago-Style
(FROM: The Washington Post) Typically, responsibility for the U.S. Census has fallen into the hands of the Commerce Department. Now, because of questions into Commerce Secretary-designate Judd Gregg’s commitment to funding the census raised by minority groups, the White House has taken over the whole deal (gee, does ACORN do census-taking, too, or are they just limited to voter fraud?). Now, the idea behind the census, as set in our Constitution, is that the whole process should be as far removed from political winds as possible. That’s how our founders wanted it, and that’s why it has been under the scope of Commerce. Here, however, we have it now presumably in Rahm Emanuel’s portfolio, and along with it all of the downhill consequences which stem from the census at the start of each decade — including apportionment when it comes to federal spending, as well as the reapportionment and re-drawing of congressional districts from coast to coast. While politicization of redistricting maneuvers is hardly anything new, the hijacked responsibility for the 2010 Census seems a little scary to me nonetheless.

Solis Senate Session Postponed in Wake of Husband’s Tax Lien Revelations
(The Washington Post) Another day, another tax cheat who votes Democrat. Okay, so this is old news by now, but depending on whether the business was a “sole proprietorship” or a separate entity, Solis herself may have had exposure under the tax liens as well. Still, this woman’s appointment is bad news for our economy and our fight against illegal immigration — so, golly, I cannot say I was all broken up when I heard about her husband’s problem. These people–Solis, Tim Geithner and the now-withdrawn Tom Daschle–are folks that would gladly orchestrate dozens of ways by which you and I will part with more and more tax dollars, yet they don’t feel it necessary to pay taxes themselves. So much for Vice President Joe Biden’s repeated argument that stepping up to the table and bearing a heavier tax burden is “patriotic.”

‘Doom’ Rhetoric Seen by Some as ‘Not Presidential’
(FROM: The Washington Times) And they’re right. They really are. Back in late 2000 and early 2001, when I had yet to make my own Fosburian leap rightward, I remember when George W. Bush [finally] took office, and how he really talked down the economy. So much of our economic welfare depends upon outward perception by consumers, and I felt that Bush’s pessimistic take back then only served as a self-fulfilling prophecy. As the Washington Times points out, the press did too. Now, we see Obama making Bush circa 2000-01 seem like an optimist.

SC Governor: We’re Moving Close to a ‘Savior-Based Economy’
(FROM: CNN) Hmm . . . Pennsylvania, with Gov. Eddie “Fat-Cat” Rendell and turncoat Sen. Arlen Specter . . . or South Carolina, with Gov. Mark Sanford and Sen. Jim DeMint. Man, my graduation from law school cannot come quickly enough! From Gov. Sanford:

“A problem that was created by building up of too much debt will not be solved with yet more debt,” Gov. Mark Sanford said Sunday, making a reference to the federal deficit spending that will likely finance the federal stimulus package.

“We’re moving precipitously close to what I would call a savior-based economy,” Sanford also said Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union.

The South Carolina Republican said such an economy is “what you see in Russia or Venezuela or Zimbabwe or places like that where it matters not how good your product is to the consumer but what your political connection is to those in power.”

“That is quite different than a market-based economy where some rise and some fall but there’s a consequence to making a stupid decision,” Sanford said after pointing to the powers granted to the Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve to help deal with the current economic crisis.

“A lot of people who’ve made some very stupid decisions are being bailed out by the population at large,” he added.

Schumer Wants Feds on Springsteen Ticket Snafu
(FROM: NBC/New York) Okay, so it’s not enough that the federal government is in the banking and housing business now. It’s not even enough that Congress spends our time and tax dollars on hearings involving substances injected into the asses of baseball players, or football coaches stealing signs from the other side of the field. Nor is it enough that the government has reached so far as to mandate how much salt can be in ketchup (catsup? how about they settle that debate?) or how much water empties our commodes when we flush. Now, Sen. Chuck Schumer wants the government to look into a ticketing problem encountered by fans of Bruce Springsteen. I like The Boss as much as the next guy, but the government has NO business in such affairs. Furthermore, most of those ticketing victims were liberals — so what if they paid more? It’s not like that money was going to their taxes, anyway.

Comments

Now the O thugs take over the census! I am sure that they will put ACORN in charge of the census takers.

We must fight these things today, before there is nothing we can do tomorrow.

The O thugs M.O. is to bombard us with crime after crime, so that we can not get a grasp and focus on any one thing. We need to keep lists and fight these things together. Tim Gietner and crew are already a long lost memory.

If the Democrat party thinks we need to pay more taxes they need to step in and show us how. Of course they can accept a pay raise and then tell us they deserve it. It’s about time for all of these crooks to be sent home with out anything but Social Security as payment, if they are old enough, that is.

Jeff is not happy. I don’t ever want him to be mad at me!

Jeff, do we have grounds for a class action suit against Obama or the Congress?

I don’t know about the rest of you, but after I settle down to go to sleep at night, and think about the day’s events before I say my prayers, I want to cry. I am grieving for my country, the same as if someone I love had died–but worse because I have faith that anyone I love would hopefully go to heaven. Our country is going to Hell instead. Control, control, control; lost liberty, lost liberty. What liberty will be left to lose? I feel as though I am suffocating, or perhaps drowning while being flushed down the toilet. This is not the government that I believe America bargained for.

How sickening–the word to verify is grandb!

Look everyone, it’s really quite simple to understand after only a few weeks into this administration, we only have a couple of options 1) we could simply realize… we’re screwed and we shouldn’t make ourselves crazy complaining about every little thing (not that a trillion or so dollars strapped to our chidrens, grandchildren, and maybe our great grandchildrens future tax burden is a little thing) just let them destroy us completely in every way they can. Heck all the dopes in this country deserve it and maybe in a way we do as well for letting them steal our freedom and country without much of a fight. Maybe someday history will say we gave up to easilly but we were at least nice about it. Respectful, polite, fair and so on. However, option 2) Realize we are getting screwed but put a stop to it. How? First we have to stop being the victims and become the agressors… realize that we are in the fight of our lives, get down and dirty and destoy them before they destroy us. We can start with a trick those on the left have used many times in the past target the turncoat senators who supported this so called stimulus. Tell them, show them, promise them their political careers are over because of this. Personally, I’m ready to trade in my “Good Humor” uniform and put on my combat fatigues.

5. vcw39 says:

If you want to see what the Democrat party is up to go to the Atlas Shrugs website and read the article titled ‘O.s “Stimulus” Suicide Bomb: Vanishing Point’, a must read.
    And then read what is on the ‘He’s Not My President’ website. Another interesting read.

The questions on the census pages are not like they were back in the 1850s through 1930. No longer only head(s) of household, number and names of children with sex and ages, place of birth, race, and so forth; today’s census is pages long, gathering a lot of ADDITIONAL information TO WHICH THE WHITE HOUSE SHOULD HAVE NO ACCESS, JUST AS WE HAVE NO ACCESS TO ANY INFORMATION ABOUT OBAMA/SOETORO. Can you imagine trusting anyone in the White House, especially Rahm Emanuel, with your personal information? I don’t even trust the Islamic Muslim in the Oval Office. (Well, he SAID, “My Muslim faith.”)

Want some eye-opening facts? Go to http://www.stimuluswatch.org. Pick a link.

I assume that this new executive branch oversight of the census is unconstitutional and will be challenged legally, right?

JV

8. Jimmy L says:

Excellent thoughts from the Brits:
    America — what have you done?
    Melanie Phillips – Spectator

9. Let us move forward says:

I think that I faxed Senator Specter’s office on Friday.

As I am not from Pennsylvania, the fax was probably ignored based on an automatic email I received in reply to my email to him.

I prepared a fax in landscape mode, with just the facts as I see them. Because the font was big, the total fax was about seven pages with 20 very short statements. I will share a Word copy with you if you will email me.

I couldn’t get through to Snowe and Collins with a fax today, and tonight the fax machine will not pick up. I will try again in the morning.

Can you think of any Democrats that we can approach on this?

My fax
    ________________________________
    Senator Arlen Specter

Stopping Vote Now is the Only Chance to Stop the Bleeding!

$780,000,000 is too Much!

Especially with TARP!
    ___________________________
    Unnecessary to Approve All Funds Now!

Dollar Endangered??

Kill Bill!! Start Over!!!

Do it Carefully!!!
    ________________________________
    Private Credit Markets are Normalizing.

The Economy will Normalize Shortly.
    ________________________________
    Consider:

What Model is Plan Based On???

Wrong Model Resulted in Mortgage Crisis!
    ________________________________
    Short Term Gain,
    Long Term Pain!!!

Would FDR have done it in hindsight?

Would Japan have done it in hindsight?
    ________________________________
    US Credit Cards Maxed out!!

Who will Extend US Government Credit Now?

Other Option:

Print Money?→ Inflation!!!
    ________________________________
    Inflation Steals the Retirement of Careful Baby Boomers!

More Citizens will become Dependent on Government for Basic Needs.

The majority of people do support the stimulus:

52% support.
    38% oppose.

And this is gallup, cbs, and usatoday polls:

Regular people have a difficult time understanding what is taking place right in front of their eyes, because of the depth of depravity and corruption.
    Others, who are totally taken in by the lie and liars may never get the urgency of what’s going on. Those who are supportive are a part of the con and mafia corruption and are/will be getting something from it.
    WHAT CAN WE DO? LET’S DO IT NOW.
    Where are the Lone Rangers of our time?
    We need some Patriots who know what to do and have the legal authority to use it. Just enforcing the law and convict these liars and cheats would be a start! The whole dirty, creepy house needs to be cleaned out. Purge the filth and put in “real Americans!” This parasite virus has to be cut off at the head – rightly and quickly.
    These vipers are “raping” this Country and no one of high standards seems to be able to stop them. If we don’t stop, will there be another “real” election to vote them out (some of them need to be imprisoned for being “traitors” and selling out this Nation!). Look at Franklin and his supporters ~ that’s the scum of the barrel stealing and taking over.
    Let’s empower some righteous, God-fearing men and women to the task. No “moderate” or “compromising.” This is War within – Civil or whatever – it needs to be stopped.
    NOW is a Good time to pray for God’s intervention; forgiveness for us allowing this to happen and give Honor to HIM alone who is WORTHY.

12. Bodenzee says:

Jeff, you may feel bad having Arlen Specter as your weak kneed senator; imagine how I feel having both Snowe and Collins “representing” me.

It’s fine to think about a phone campaign in Maine at the next election, but far too many of Maine’s residents are consumers of political largess (vote buying) so they will continue to place these RINOs in the Senate.

I was able to reach an in-state office of Snowe’s on Friday to provide her with guidance (her DC number was perpetually busy.) All I got when trying to call Collins office during normal business hours Friday was a recording telling me that her voicemail box was full. I’m disgusted.

13. Lisa says:

My 77 yr. old mom and I were talking about how the whole topic of ACORN has completely gone away. Why are we not pursuing these crimes?

Jeff, who can put the wheels back on this thing and take Acorn to task? What legal recourse is there? It seems as though America has a very short memory.

Interesting read on corporate/managerial controls. Never thought of that!

14. TROUBLESHOOTER says:
  15. Let us move forward says:

16. Let us move forward says:

I’m not totally surprised by the Gallup numbers.

Anyone who does not pay taxes will support it.

Anyone who does not understand the implications of printing money will support it.

How many people today remember and are thinking about the 14% inflation rate in the 1970′s?

Mr. O is going to try a Reagan trick by personally speaking in Indiana. Is there someone that we could get to counter the move?

Is McCain up to it? Does he have the funds?

Giuliani and/or Huckabee might be a better choice because McCain is needed in the Senate right now.

The Democrats have still not taken control of their spending, they cannot think clearly, Obama is resorting to fear mongering.

Where’s the Change???

If Obama wants to give America the change it was looking for, he needs to quit following the failed Bush policy of reducing taxes and increasing spending. The Bush/Obama program is a failed program.

We cannot afford reduced taxes. We cannot afford spending programs. Stimulus will only come when the government quits spending money and when America corrects the trade imbalance by exporting. The Bush/Obama program is hogging up all our resources and clogging the system – the government’s latest spending spree is going to shut down business on a global level.

Real change will only come when the U.S. government quits over-spending. The U.S. government is quickly setting itself up to be the #1 economic threat in the world. Spending addiction has blinded them. This spending bill must be stopped.

Does anybody have an email address for RNC Chairman Michael Steele?

I wrote the RNC a letter by snail mail but have heard nothing. Steele needs our support, but we need to communicate with HIM!

Thanks-

Jeff, I emailed that letter that I copied you on. And, I sent a copy to the liberals I know.

I will probably be the first occupant of one of the 800 empty, manned, secret U.S. prisons when the brown shirts take over.

Folks, get on the horn to your state reps and PUSH for legislation to reclaim your state’s rights under the 10th Amendment! Arizona even has a clause that, if Martial Law is declared without permission, their TROOPS are to be sent home! Love it! If we’re being ignored at the federal level, we can protect ourselves at the state level by derailing fed’s overreaching power.

The governors were bribed for their support of the stimulus by offering funds to their states to push their U.S. Senators’ support for the bill. Chicago politics! Remember? SC Gov. Mark Sanford declined!!! He prefers to uphold the Constitution and protect SC people’s freedom.

Bodenzee, send an email to
    plankchapel@live.com.

From Texas Darlin/TD blog:

Obama’s Community Organizing a Bust

Scroll down to comment by Tanarg at 2/08/09 @ 1:09 am:

“Pres Obama Invites Hamas Terrorists to America 2/07/09

“By EO, pres Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in migration assistance to the Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.

“The presidential determination, which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the U.S. was signed on Jan 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

“…the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of 1/20/06.

“The charter for Hamas calls for the replacement of the nation of Israel with a Palestinian Islamic state.

We can’t get needed tax relief, but we get charged for this DC and Fed pork barrel mess, but O plans to spend millions more to bring even more terrorists to the US? Craptacular! And this is in addition to his order to close Gitmo and allow more terrorists to run loose? And I hear that there will be more spending announced next week.

Also at TD, an article re the states’ sovereignty bills.

bebe

Verification word ‘angsh’ – short for ‘angst’ and ‘sh*t’?

Just a thought…it may help to contact the Maine and Pennsylvania GOP headquarters. It seems they have been inundated with emails and phone calls about this fiasco.

Bodenzee,
    Then please visit your local Senate office if possible, with camera in hand. If no one is there, film that too, and call the news media and tell them you have no way to reach your representatives. This is a tactic they taught us in Freedom Works.

Also, even if you are not in those states and they will not ultimately listen to us, we can still bombard them with FAXes that they have to deal with. If nothing else then on the basis that they are TRAITORS to their party. Tell them to turn their tails and call themselves by what they are.

Another tip: Emails are not as foreboding as other media. Calls and voice mail take time to process, plus the benefit of hearing the tone of your voice, and FAXes represent stacks of paper. It is always good to make it very tangible for them.

23. Let us move forward says:

Is there anyone who would be willing to personally deliver our letters to the Capitol today or very early tomorrow? We could email you copies.

Snowe and Collins are shutting out the public. Their fax machines are apparently shut off at night and the fax phones are off the hook or jammed during the day. The phones are busy and/or the mailboxes are full. Snail mail would take 3 weeks to reach their offices. Email can be filtered or ignored. That leaves hand delivery.

24. Let us move forward says:

Let’s face it. If this bill is approved, the money will be in the administration’s hands and can be spent on anything at any time.

Normal controls will not apply. After all, we are looking at a “catastrophe”?!

At one time, Mr. O charged up all his credit cards until they were refused. He sounds like a bad credit risk to me.

Bush set the precedent by using TARP funds for the auto bailout.

Can you confirm an EO for migration assistance for Palestinians with free ticket and housing allowances? Please tell me this is not true – 20 million dollars? We need to verify this…there is so much out there, it is hard to know what is true.

26. The Drum and Cannon says:

Pity poor Bodenzee. With only the choices of Snowe and Collins vs. other liberals, who would someone in Maine vote for?

Looks like Senator Boxer is taking advantage of the distraction created by Porkulus.

Boxer Urges Quick Handover of U.S. Power to UN

Senator Boxer Asks State Department to Expedite the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child

From: http://parentalrights.org/
    Ratification of this treaty would bring an end to U.S. sovereignty in the area of family law, and kill parental rights in all fifty states. Our heritage as a nation built on the foundation of families will be utterly destroyed if the Senate is permitted to ratify this… Example: The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent if a government worker disagreed with the parent’s decision.

Much more info at: http://parentalrights.org/

28. tm says:

Hmmm. Race matters after all. Perhaps the great evil is not “racism” but rather “white-ism”. The Census is mandated for one thing: determining apportionment. It was not designed so Congress can count how many new Democrats there are in every illegal alien or unproductive person they can throw money at. IT was not designed to determine how many bathrooms Americans have in their home so professors can berate Americans on how “ungreen” we are. And I’m sure ACORN will help with the counting too. Like Lenin said: “its not who votes but who counts the votes that is important.”

PS Judd Gregg is not qualified to run Commerce…. He pays his taxes…

GailB,

Michael Steele

FAX#: 202-863-8820

email: info@gop.com

GOP: http://www.gop.com

Thanks for all the work that you are doing.

bebe

In the words of a great American, Todd Beamer,

“Let’s Roll!”

31. Dee says:

Gail B
    You can probably reach Michael Steele at GOP.com They sent me an email of his weekly address.

32. suek says:

Let us move forward…

>>$780,000,000 is too Much!>>

I think you don't have enough zeros in that number. I think you are stating that $780 _million_ is too much. In fact, the bill is for $780 _billion_, and needs three more zeros.

1 trillion has 12 zeros. 1 _plus_ 12 zeros. 1 billion is 1 plus 9 zeros. 1 million is 1 plus 6 zeros.

Scary, isn't it!

33. Dee says:

Regarding the census. You are right. The form has alot of questions regarding information that I do not want to share. We received our form and it says that you have to complete it or else. When we read the questions we realized that we did not want to answer some of the questions. We called them and told them that we did not wish to share some of the information they were requesting. They said that was okay and just make a note that we did not want to answer the question. So we did that. We have not been arrested yet but who knows.

Listening to the news tonight, and hearing about the various town hall meetings that Obama has lined up to sell his monstrosity of a spending bill, it occurred to me that this is exactly what Obama is, and is most comfortable being. A Pitch Man.

Obama is only good on the campaign trail. There he can be everything to everyone. He’s a salesman, who falls apart when forced to make an decision or comment on the moment, without the aid of teleprompter.

It makes me wonder, who is it that is really pulling the strings? Who whispers in his ear?

Will all of these town hall meeting that are so reminiscent to the days before the election backfire? Will he forever be campaigning?

Anonymous at 1:18 p.m.–
    B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T! Thanks!
    ——————–

Let us move forward said…
    “Has the White House taken over the Census or is it to be “shared” with Commerce?”

Does it matter? The White House has no more business with private information on American citizens than Obama thinks they have seeing his vault copy of his birth certificate or his Indonesian passport!

—————–
    Anonymous at 12:14 a.m. said
    “WHAT CAN WE DO? LET’S DO IT NOW.
    Where are the Lone Rangers of our time?
    “We need some Patriots who know what to do and have the legal authority to use it. Just enforcing the law and convict these liars and cheats would be a start!”

The answer to your question is at http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org, which is Here. A nice writeup about it is Here at News with Views.

Keep praying, folks! Prayers are being answered by the God in Whom We Trust!

36. Jeff Schreiber says:

Anonymous said…

February 8, 2009 2:12 PM

I’m not sure. I’ve read the related articles, and I even read the pertinent part of the executive order — nothing jumped out at me as explicitly stating that these folks are invited to the United States, but I didn’t have the time to REALLY devote to it as much as I’d like.

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if our new president invited the Hamas rocket squads for tea and cookies in the Oval Office. Okay, maybe that’s a little hyperbole, but I’ve seen NOTHING so far from the White House which builds my confidence in Obama’s ability or will to do what’s necessary to keep America safe.

Thanks, Bebe and Dee! I’ll “get on it.”

I thought Jeff was the only one who knew I was working at this computer all day. When I find something that scares or bothers me, I send it to him. (And, on really busy days, I’ve emailed him to let him know I’ve “clocked out” and wish him a good night.)

Guess my Type A personality shows! It does come in handy, however, when there is a cause to fight for. I haven’t found a better one, have y’all?

Oh! Got to share this: Maxine explains the bailout. She says, “BAIL EM OUT?!! Hell, back in 1990, the Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country and our banking system to the same nit-wits who couldn’t make money running a whore house and selling whiskey!”

Jeff just had me laughing out loud with his remark: “Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if our new president invited the Hamas rocket squads for tea and cookies in the Oval Office.” (Same brand of sound judgment!)

Have a good night, everybody. Jeff, I’m done for today.

Geez! Word to verify: tislate.
    (Yes, ’tis late.)

38. Ted says:

Since Obama’s earnest drive to convince the nation to weaken its economic strength through redistribution as well as weaken its national defense, COUPLED WITH HIS UNPRECEDENTED WHITE HOUSE TAKEOVER OF DECENNIAL CENSUS TAKING FROM THE COMMERCE DEPARTMENT, has confirmed the very threats to our Republic’s survival that the Constitution was designed to avert, it no longer is sustainable for the United States Supreme Court and Military Joint Chiefs to refrain from exercising WHAT IS THEIR ABSOLUTE CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY TO DEFEND THE NATION FROM UNLAWFUL USURPATION. The questions of Obama’s Kenyan birth and his father’s Kenyan/British citizenship (admitted on his own website) have been conflated by his sustained unwillingnes to supply his long form birth certificate now under seal, and compounded by his internet posting of a discredited ‘after-the-fact’ short form ‘certificate’. In the absence of these issues being acknowledged and addressed, IT IS MANIFEST THAT OBAMA REMAINS INELIGIBLE TO BE PRESIDENT UNDER ARTICLE 2 OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION. Being a 14th Amendment ‘citizen’ is not sufficient. A ‘President’ MUST BE an Article 2 ‘natural born citizen’ AS DEFINED BY THE FRAMERS’ INTENT.

39. Anonymouse says:

You know what is most depressing?  We have liberated, or helped to liberate, so many countries writhing in pain from despots.  But now . . . who is there to liberate Americans??

If you haven’t noticed, the (alleged) Indonesian citizen has been closing in on US citizens and tightening the noose, rapidly and frighteningly:

• Giving stronger bodies the “right” to commit infanticide on helpless bodies (the argument for women “controlling” their “own bodies” is vile), and the next step will be to give young people the “right” to euthanize those too ill or too old to contribute to the family or to society

• Putting Gitmo terrorists’ “rights” above the genuine rights of their victims

• Exhibiting primary allegiance to Muslims both here and in the Middle East

• Radically changing Bush’s DoD directive no. 1400.32 to DoD directive no. 1404.10, which aligns with (formerly impeached, corrupt judge) Rep. Alcee Hastings’s bill (H.R. 645) for what appears to be stealth detention camps

• Suppressing free speech — think the not-so-subtle attack on Rush Limbaugh, Missouri during the campaign, Websites destroyed, and the DoS attack on the MacRanger site that law officials traced directly to the IP of Obama’s campaign site

• Confiscating the U.S. census

• Raping our income and savings and that of generations to come

For HOW MUCH LONGER are American citizens going to ALLOW this meticulously orchestrated COUP??!!!

40. Anonymouse says:

To Gail B.
    Michael Steele’s email is:  Chairman@gop.com

If you want to let the RNC know you really mean what you say, write to all of ‘em:

Administration@gop.com
    Counsel@gop.com
    ecampaign@gop.com
    Finance@gop.com
    Info@gop.com
    MemberRelations@gop.com
    Membershipservices@gop.com
    Political@gop.com
    RNCommunications@gop.com

LIBERAL GROUP PRAISES CROSSOVER REPUBLICANS

(UNITED AMERICA FOR CHANGE)

Liberal Group Praises Crossover Republicans as Minority Leaders Balk at Partisanship
    Americans United for Change has drawn up ads thanking Republican Sens. Snowe, Collins and Specter for crossing the aisle and backing an economic recovery plan that GOPers roundly oppose as wasteful spending.

Friday: Sen. Susan Collins of Maine has broken from her GOP caucus to support an $827 billion economic recovery compromise package (AP Photo).

Jeff and Gail B,

If you both liked “It wouldn’t surprise me if our new president invited the Hamas rocket squads for tea and cookies in the oval office” – you will love Michael Ramirez’ cartoon in IBD on 2/06/09.

Gail B – I loved Maxine. How apropos.

bebe

Wouldn’t it be earthshaking if one of those Washington senators would stand up and say:

“All of us, including the president, have taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States to the best of our ability.

“Americans are demanding documented proof that the occupant of the office of POTUS is eligible to be our president. Before we can cast a vote for another bill requiring his signature, we must first demand that the said documented proof be presented to us. We, as elected representatives from our respective states in the government of the People, for the People and by the People, have the responsibility to ensure that our work here is within the guidelines of the United States Constitution.

“We have no choice but to vote against any bill until such eligibility be proven with certified documents. We each swore to uphold the Constitution, and that takes priority over any legislation for any reason. Search your own conscience, that you do not violate your sworn oath of office. I vote NO to this and all bills until the most important matter of eligibility is settled.

“It is imperative to be confident that we are in compliance with the Constitution on this and upcoming legislation and that we do not violate our sworn oath of office.”

I think it would be a good idea to pass that thought on to our senators THIS MORNING!

Thanks, anonymouse! I needed that! The National GOP will be first to get my copied “quote” above. Then, my network!

Sanford for president in ’12! Rally around the South Carolinian. :)

JV