January 22, 2009 — Assigned Reading

Michael Steele Releases GOP Tech Plan
(FROM: Townhall) This morning, RNC chair hopeful Michael Steele will release, to RNC members, his plan to compete with the Democrats in terms of using technology to better disseminate the GOP’s message. While I haven’t seen the report, he gave the folks at Townhall an exclusive sneak peek — and, so far, I like it.

I’ve told the story several times now about how, as I was at home preparing to watch the returns come in on this past November 4, I received a perfect crash course on just how behind the GOP is in technology-based outreach. There I was, playing with my sister-in-law’s iPhone, when I found a free application entitled “Obama ’08″ which essentially turned her phone into a mobile campaign office telephone bank, replete with downloadable contact numbers. For Obama supporters, gone were the days of asking people to go to the local campaign office to man the phones. A few minutes later, my telephone rang; on the other end was the recorded voice of Rudy Giuliani, stressing how important Pennsylvania was and asking me to get out and vote. The problem? The telephone call came at 7:50 p.m., ten minutes before polls closed in the Keystone State.

We ARE far behind in the way we disseminate the message. I wrote about it extensively in the links on the right side of the page, under “Conservatism in the Age of Obama.” Combine the better use of technology with a reversion to conservative principles, and I think the GOP could turn this ship around quicker than most on the left can imagine.

Blaming Rush Limbaugh and Conservatives for Republican Woes
(FROM: Human Events) Another day, another McCain flunkie who looks for blame everywhere else but in the mirror. Now, it’s former McCain honcho Rick Davis who blame conservatives for his candidate’s loss. Could it be, Mr. Davis, that your candidate just didn’t provide the yang to Obama’s yin, didn’t fill out the broad spectrum decision needed in a presidential election? McCain, as columnist AWR Hawkins notes, was essentially “Obama Light.” I agree, and you’ve seen it as a recurring theme over and over again on these pages. In order to have a chance at making up ground in 2010 and having a shot at the White House in 2012, the GOP must come to grips with the reality that conservative Republicans win elections, while moderate Republicans do not. In the meantime, it might be beneficial for McCain and his left-leaning, blame-shifting comrades to either look to themselves when searching for answers … or simply go away.

SEE ALSO:

Ann Coulter: More Boos than Balls
(FROM: Human Events) I like this piece for a couple of reasons. First, it provides a bit of historical perspective with regard to the response to the showiness of Tuesday’s inauguration. i don’t know about you, but I can take support of a political candidate I don’t particularly like — but the chants of “Oh-bah-mah! Oh-bah-mah!” seemed like something out of the underground scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The second reason I like Coulter’s piece is because it kind of goes to the distinction between general success of Barack Obama’s presidency versus success of individual programs and policies:

It is a liberal trope to insult conservatives by asking them meaningless questions, such as the one repeatedly asked of Bush throughout his presidency about whether he had made any mistakes. All humans make mistakes — what is the point of that question other than to give insult?

When will the first reporter ask President Obama to admit that he has made mistakes? Try: Never.

No, that question will disappear for the next four years. It will be replaced by the new question for conservatives on every liberal’s lips these days: Do you want Obama to succeed as president?

Answer: Of course we do. We live here, too.

But merely to ask the question is to imply that the 60 million Americans who did not vote for Obama are being unpatriotic if they do not wholeheartedly endorse his liberal agenda.

I guess it depends on the meaning of “succeed.” If Obama “succeeds” in pushing through big-government, terrorist-appeasing policies, he will not have “succeeded” at being a good president. If we didn’t think conservative principles of small government and strong national defense weren’t better for the country, we wouldn’t be conservatives.

Jonah Goldberg: What Obama Brings to Conservatives
(FROM: National Review) Goldberg’s book, Liberal Fascism, should be read by everybody, everywhere, and I look at his commentaries in much the same fashion. This one is no different and, much like the aforementioned Coulter piece, expands upon the effect that the overall success or failure of the Obama presidency could have on America:

More important, opponents of racial quotas and other champions of colorblindness on the right should be popping champagne nearly as much as racial liberals are. Yes, yes, Obama’s a passionate defender of affirmative action and the like, but the symbolism of his presidency cannot be contained within narrow liberal agendas.

“There is an entire generation that will grow up taking for granted that the highest office in the land is filled by an African American,” he told the Washington Post last week. “I mean, that’s a radical thing. It changes how black children look at themselves. It also changes how white children look at black children. And I wouldn’t underestimate the force of that.”

Neither would I. The media understandably, if tediously, focus on how Obama’s presidency is a deathblow to the legacy of official discrimination and racism. True enough. But the fact that a black man can become president of the United States may also be transgressive to all sorts of more relevant racial orthodoxies on the left and in the black community.

SEE ALSO:

Victor Davis Hanson: Bush Considered
(FROM: National Review) Even a self-proclaimed liberal Democrat in my Real Estate Transactions class told me during a five-minute break last night that she cannot believe how many who share her beliefs can honestly blame former President George W. Bush for the mortgage crisis. She even cited the Community Reinvestment Act and insinuated that, in terms of U.S. presidents, if any one in particular was to blame, it would be former President Clinton. I was blown away — I wish all Democrats had such common sense! Nevertheless, I think that history will be kind on “Dubya” in a number of ways, not the least of which stems from his proactive, effective stance on the Global War on Terror, calling evil by name and acting from principles rather than polls. For more, read Hanson’s piece — in the context of the introspection and retrospection which usually follows presidential inaugurations, this is one of the better ones. That being said, Bush himself has noted that historians are still weighing the presidency of George Washington and therefore a truly disinterested appraisal of his own tenure in the White House is still far off, so any assessment should be looked at with skepticism and sensitivity to agenda.

Comments

1. lgstarr says:

There is a downside to Mr. Goldberg’s observations and that is this: what will it do to black children if Obama is a terrible President and gets booted after only one term? What will it do to them if one of the cases about his birth origins actually proves he is not a citizen and he has to step down? What will it do to them if Patrick Fitzgerald’s investigations draw him in to the net and he gets impeached? There are real reasons that any one of these things could occur, and then there would be anger, and embarrasment, and God only knows what else. The Republicans would probably get blamed, but if any one of those things happens it would only be Obama’s(and the Democrati Party’s) fault.

2. tm says:

ok so after playing the new republican drinking game last night with friends (i.e. turn on any msm news show and every time they say the chosen ones name slam a shot – by commercial break your loaded) I am finally functional and I must say very good reading jeff. I really think Michael Steele is a very good option for the chairman of the RNC and maybe just maybe we can go past the 1980′s in technology and actually listen to some ideas from fresh,younger people in the party for once (and first hand they are out here and ready for the challenge)also, some badly needed leadership. I cannot stand anymore info on that idiot mccain or his camp – the only reason why I could stomach voting for him was Palin – I knew from the primaries that he was a libutard plant given to us by maybe acorn ? who knows but he should really find another party – maybe a party that has idiots and ass kissers in it….hmmm is he secretly a libutard????? God Bless President Bush ! I did not like the bailout. I was looking at this plan like he was from mars but the man went with his gut and he kept us safe. So now i have some good news for you that made me laugh out loud today :

With Alaska in the grip of record cold, one “moderate global warming” skeptic decided to poke a bit of fun at Al Gore with a massive 8 1/2 foot-tall ice sculpture of the former Vice-President. Local businessman Craig Compeau says that he created the statue to help lure Gore to Fairbanks and have an open discussion on climate change. From the article,

“Compeau said he hatched the idea for the carving when talking to another businessman two weeks ago, when much of Alaska was suffering from one of the coldest snaps in recent memory. By the time Dean was done with the carving, however, the temperature had warmed to record-breaking highs in the upper 40s. Thermometers had settled in-between by Monday morning, reading around 20 degrees.”

According to climate change scientists, Alaska’s average temperature has risen three degrees in the last 50 years. No word yet from the Gore camp on if he’ll decide to accept the invitation.

LOL

3. Bodenzee says:

I’m wondering if there is a connection between Roberts’ demonstrated lack of familiarity with the President’s oath and the qualifications that are defined only three paragraphs earlier in Article II. Maybe he just doesn’t understand what Berg and others have been complaining about.

I’d hate to think that the SCOTUS needs a remedial cource on the Constitution, but…

4. Bodenzee says:

I await Steele’s plan to bring a modicum of technology to the GOP with hope. It will take a lot of woork though. In my view the GOP was greatly damaged by McCain’s ludite like approach. He even bragged aboiut his inbility to use e-mail. His wife had to do that for him he said.

Further, for the GOP to make headway they need to shed the religious fanatics. I agree that a move away from the center is appropriate, but not in the direction that the Bible thumpers want to go. Religion doesn’t belong in Government…ethics and competence do.

5. tm says:

PS
    The Associated Press reports, “The president said he did not have his Bible with him [for the second oath], but that the oath was binding anyway.”

I have always asked – what bible will he use if he truly is a muslim? he flubbed the oath on a bible or did he flub on purpose beacause of the bible – knowing it would be administered a second time without the bible?

hmm……?

6. American Genie says:

Off topic, but you haven’t mentioned it. Why has Orly Taitz’ case scheduled for conference at SC on 1/23, disappeared off of the docket 1 day after the criminal-elect has taken office?

God bless America!

tm said…

“ok so after playing the new republican drinking game last night with friends (i.e. turn on any msm news show and every time they say the chosen ones name slam a shot – by commercial break your loaded). . . .”

LOL, I want to play that game. After this week, I could use a drink. What a mess.

In a press release today:

Pelosi said one of her favorite moments from Inauguration Day was when Marine One lifted off the Capitol grounds, signifying former President George W. Bush’s exit from Washington. “It felt like a 10-pound anvil was lifted off my head,” she said.

I wonder if she realizes how many folks in this country despise her? She has absolutely no class. But then again, she can’t help it, she’s from Baltimore.

9. Ian Thorpe says:

In the comments on Ann Coulter I see a little contradiction in the conservative attitude you, your co – author and the lovely AC recommend.

You all say because you are Americans living in the country under Obama, that you want his presidency to succeed. Now although I do not know about Ann and Chris I know you and many other bloggers have stated you fear Obama’s goal is to turn America into a place you no longer recognise as home.

So really you are in a Catch 22 situation. If Obama’s Presidency succeeds by your standard it fails by his, if Obama succeeds in achieving his goals, the America you and those who think like you want to live in is screwed.

Really, I think the best outcome from your POV would be for Obama to fail in his pledge to deliver change, Obama to be sidelined as a figurehead and the Biden / Clinton administration to understand the best way forward in the current climate is to preserve the status quo.

Good grief! I’ve even impressed byselof there. Cicero would be proud of that analysis :-)

O tempora, O mores.

10. allison says:

Well, if CASTRO says we can trust him, then we’re obviously in good hands: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481407,00.html

11. Kathy says:

I called SCOTUS this morning about Orly’s docket no. missing and the lady said maybe the computer was down (no, Berg’s was still there), but she assured me Orly’s case was still there and will be discussed tomorrow. I just checked and Orly’s case is back on the docket.

Interesting articles you posted, Jeff, even though for me they were diminished somewhat by a suspicion that you posted them as an effort to add more punch to your and Chris’ efforts to instruct us on how we should feel and believe (or not feel and believe) over the coup d’etat that just took place in our country.

I truly am not trying to be a thorn in your side, Jeff. I am just one of hundreds of your bloggers who resisted and detested the patronization that we experienced by you and Chris.

So, let’s agree to disagree on how everyone should feel about this disaster to our country (wait and see if you think I exaggerate) and please don’t continue to try to salve your and Chris’ egos by delivering up more writers that bolster your beliefs on the incredible immaturity and bad attitudes of your bloggers. We are anything but that.

Kisses…..

12. Kathy says:

P.S. I want to make a change to my post on a march on DC. Instead of doing it on Memorial Day, it’d probably be more appropriate to do it on JULY 4TH! What do you all think? Can we make this happen? We have a right to assemble and make our voices heard; let’s not throw those rights away!

13. Kris says:

Something that must be emphasized today is Divine Providence’s direct involvement in preventing a mockery of this presidency as something of God. The first swearing in that was botched was with that man’s hand on a holy Bible. The second, according to exact words of swearing, had no bible in sight. God wants no part in this – He’s been denied and He won’t be mocked.

14. Carlyle says:

@ lgstarr

This is one of the reasons I have been so strongly pointing out that BHO is not Black. Whoever hitched their wagon to him as a role model is an idiot. The fact that many blacks endorsed him is taken to mean that “this is the best blacks have to offer”. This whole thing is going to set race relations back decades. But alas they have no one to blame but themselves. They should have stepped up long ago and said “this is not what we want everybody to think a ‘black’ is”. Sigh.

15. suek says:

>>He even bragged aboiut his inbility to use e-mail. His wife had to do that for him he said.>>

You're mistaken if you assume that his inability was due to lack of technological familiarity. All of his fingers were broken during his imprisonment in N.Vietnam, and his shoulders were also damaged as a result of his crash and lack of medical treatment. Apparently it's physically difficult for him to use a keyboard, which is why his wife does it for him.
    (NB: I'm not a McCain enthusiast, but fair is fair)

Jeff- Can you explain all the last minute subpoena’s that Orly did associated with Bush’s executive order?

can you please enlighten us a bit as to what is going on the SC, with cases regarding “the magnificence”

Let’s try for a third time to get the oath correct WITH a Bible. What have we done America? How can anyone just sit back and let Soetoro walk all over us and our Constitution? We need to clean house in the Senate and Congress and get this faker out of office. So many people complained that McCain picked the wrong running mate but I say she was the only “good” thing about this last election. We picked the wrong guy and we need to fix that in the next election so get busyyyyyyyyy AMERICA.

The New Obama Era: Blacks at all cost!!! And Whites, please you are not welcome!!!
    Read this "Obama adviser: White males need not apply" at http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=86827

I have tried to understand the adoration of the Obama Zombies and I have to agree with Dr. James Manning…Obama’s followers are looking and sounding like the Moonies of years ago…it is unnatural to act this extreme over a new President, I don’t care who he or she is…it’s pathetic. Some were interviewed and compared him to Biblical characters like Joshua or Moses..I would think Judas or Lucifer more appropriate. I think that African Americans are mesmerized by him because he is only like them because of skin color…he doesn’t look like them, he doesn’t talk like them, he doesn’t act like them but they can still call him black…he is using them and the racial situation to get what he wants..power. If he really cared about African-Americans, would he be so pro-abortion when a large percentage of abortions are performed on
    African-Americans people? By throwing the black community a few crumbs, they have come under his ‘spell’ and lost all touch with reality. As far as Christians who voted for him, I can’t explain how they could justify that when he told us what he would do with respect to abortion and defense of marriage and he has started to do it already. He stated that he didn’t want his daughters to be ‘punished’ by having a baby if she had an unwanted preganancy…he doesn’t realize that the ‘punishment’ comes after an abortion…he doesn’t want to punish his daughter but he would punish his grandchild. I am tired of Obama and Hollywood telling us what we should do to get behind him and support him…what are the Hollywood idiots going to do to make the world better?…are they going to stop making filthy movies that influence our kids, stop flaunting their wealth and promoting drug use and sexual permissiveness and perversion? We are trying to live our lives in honorable ways, pay our taxes and contribute to society so we don’t need Obama or Hollywood imploring us to sacrifice and support the fraud that is going on in our government.

21. A. J, LESNEY says:

Executive Order: Granting Reciprocity on Excepted Service and Federal Contractor Employee Fitness and Reinvestigating Individuals in Positions of Public Trust

White House News

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 1104(a)(1), 3301, and 7301 of title 5, United States Code, and in order to simplify and streamline the system of Federal Government personnel investigative and adjudicative processes to make them more efficient and effective, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. (a) When agencies determine the fitness of individuals to perform work as employees in the excepted service or as contractor employees, prior favorable fitness or suitability determinations should be granted reciprocal recognition, to the extent practicable.

(b) It is necessary to reinvestigate individuals in positions of public trust in order to ensure that they remain suitable for continued employment.

Sec. 2. Definitions. For the purposes of this order:

(a) “Agency” means an executive agency as defined in section 105 of title 5, United States Code, but does not include the Government Accountability Office.

(b) “Contractor employee” means an individual who performs work for or on behalf of any agency under a contract and who, in order to perform the work specified under the contract, will require access to space, information, information technology systems, staff, or other assets of the Federal Government. Such contracts, include, but are not limited to:

(i) personal services contracts;

(ii) contracts between any non-Federal entity and any agency; and

(iii) sub-contracts between any non-Federal entity and another non-Federal entity to perform work related to the primary contract with the agency.

(c) “Excepted service” has the meaning provided in section 2103 of title 5, United States Code, but does not include those positions in any element of the intelligence community as defined in the National Security Act of 1947, as amended, to the extent they are not otherwise subject to Office of Personnel Management appointing authorities.

(d) “Fitness” is the level of character and conduct determined necessary for an individual to perform work for or on behalf of a Federal agency as an employee in the excepted service (other than a position subject to suitability) or as a contractor employee.

(e) “Fitness determination” means a decision by an agency that an individual has or does not have the required level of character and conduct necessary to perform work for or on behalf of a Federal agency as an employee in the excepted service (other than a position subject to suitability) or as a contractor employee. A favorable fitness determination is not a decision to appoint or contract with an individual.

(f) “Position of Public Trust” has the meaning provided in 5 CFR Part 731.

(g) “Suitability” has the meaning and coverage provided in 5 CFR Part 731.

Sec. 3. Agency Authority to Set Fitness Criteria and Determine Equivalency. The authority to establish criteria for making fitness determinations remains within the discretion of the agency head. Agency heads also have the discretion to determine whether their criteria are equivalent to suitability standards established by the Office of Personnel Management. Agency heads shall take into account Office of Personnel Management guidance when exercising this discretion.

Sec. 4. Reciprocal Recognition of Fitness and Suitability Determinations. (a) Except as provided by subsection (b) of this section, agencies making fitness determinations shall grant reciprocal recognition to a prior favorable fitness or suitability determination when:

(i) the gaining agency uses criteria for making fitness determinations equivalent to suitability standards established by the Office of Personnel Management;

(ii) the prior favorable fitness or suitability determination was based on criteria equivalent to suitability standards established by the Office of Personnel Management; and

(iii) the individual has had no break in employment since the favorable determination was made.

(b) Exceptions to Reciprocal Recognition. A gaining agency is not required to grant reciprocal recognition to a prior favorable fitness or suitability determination when:

(i) the new position requires a higher level of investigation than previously conducted for that individual;

(ii) an agency obtains new information that calls into question the individual’s fitness based on character or conduct; or

(iii) the individual’s investigative record shows conduct that is incompatible with the core duties of the new position.

Sec. 5. Reinvestigation of Individuals in Positions of Public Trust. Individuals in positions of public trust shall be subject to reinvestigation under standards (including but not limited to the frequency of such reinvestigation) as determined by the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, to ensure their suitability for continued employment.

Sec. 6. Responsibilities. (a) An agency shall report to the Office of Personnel Management the nature and results of the background investigation and fitness determination (or later changes to that determination) made on an individual, to the extent consistent with law.

(b) The Director of the Office of Personnel Management is delegated authority to implement this order, including the authority to issue regulations and guidance governing suitability, or guidance related to fitness, as the Director determines appropriate.

Sec. 7. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) authority granted by law to a department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budget, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order shall not suspend, impede, or otherwise affect Executive Order 10450 of April 27, 1953, as amended, or Executive Order 13467 of June 30, 2008;

(d) This order is intended only to improve the internal management of the executive branch and is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers, employees or agents, or any other person.

Sec. 8. Effective Date and Applicability. This order is effective upon issuance and is applicable to individuals newly appointed to excepted service positions or hired as contractor employees beginning 90 days from the effective date of this order.

GEORGE W. BUSH

THE WHITE HOUSE,

January 16, 2009.

22. Not Jeff says:

The Lightfoot case is on tomorrow’s conference. It will most likely be denied; look for the official denial on Monday.

There is presently nothing else pending at SCOTUS.

As for Taitz’s cases, it looks like Jeff doesn’t comment on that those. (Jeff also didn’t blog about Berg’s lastest denial; perhaps Jeff is done with this “story”.) But Taitz made so many mistakes with the subpeonas; don’t expect those to go anywhere.

24. Lilly says:

This new website is going to be fun to watch! They are tracking all of the campaign promises O made to see if he fulfills them! There's also a truth meter on things said by him & Congressmen and staff!

25. Carlyle says:

GAME – SET – MATCH ???

You lawyers out there need to provide a full explanation, but here is the gist of the story:

Many of us have been frustrated by the fact that Obama will not be disqualified for not being a Natural Born Citizen (he most definitely is not). But this is a rather special legal term that essentially nobody understands. Many people might think of this as capital punishment for someone going 36 in a 35 speed zone. But for those of us who know that Obama is not a US citizen – surely that is the “atomic bomb” that will catch everybody’s attention and get him tossed in with OJ Simpson where he belongs.

But – maybe not – - -

Last May, Obama was unexpectedly and mysteriously adopted by a Native American family. The best anyone could figure at the time, it was just a quirky ceremonial way to extend his base of special interest groups. But why all the bizarreness for a few Indians – surely they have no substantive effect on the election.

But now we learn that Native Americans are given a great deal of leeway in such practices and that any Native American (including adoptees) becomes quickly and automatically a US citizen. Just present some tribal papers at a local courthouse and – VIOLA! – no green cards, no waiting periods, no tests, no oaths of allegiance, nothing. Instant citizenship.

Obama’s Native American parents had a VIP pass to the inauguration. His daughters have been quietly getting to know them over the summer and have been calling them Grandpa and Grandma for months.

26. MIDDLE CLASS GUY says:

Why would they use a Bible for the replay? It has no meaning to him. It only has meaning to Christians.

Thanks, Ken

27. Kris says:

Sorry, but this administration already looks like the amateur hour – and they don’t mind all the inexperience being on display. “Change” appears to be “flying without a co-pilot” or a crapshoot.

28. Todd Family Times says:

JEFF…
    Will you please do a piece on executive orders of the President and when are they traditionally used? Also, what other Presidents have used them for and the results, good or bad? Does he always have to tell the American People about them, or can it be behind closed doors? Is this a common practice?

I would love to get some education on this, because it seems this is how Dictator, I mean President Obama will be forcing Socialism on us. 5 in 3 days, not looking good. God help us all.

29. Let us move forward says:

I don’t know when the McCain campaign started it, but anyone could make calls from home on behalf of McCain. I know because I made 300 calls in the final days before the election.

The problem with McCain’s online call center was that about a third of the numbers called resulted in a call to a business, no answer, or a “not in service” message. The phone lists had not been updated or the source of the list was poor.

If this was a real screen shot, I would like to know who made the 9,648 calls by October 3rd. That would be over 300 calls a day for 30 days or 150 for 60 days or 100 for 90 days.

30. Let us move forward says:

Is there a coordinated effort anywhere on the web to review the executive orders and proposed legislation so that alerts can be passed on to individuals wishing to protest the bad stuff?

Does anyone know the official websites showing the executive orders and the proposed legislation?

The Federal Register is not light reading, and would be best tackled by a team.

31. kmmaraxus says:

Hey Jeff, saw this on Berg’s page in comments section and just can’t resist. This is brilliant and will amuse anyone who reads it. LOLOLOL

” Research has led to the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction normally taking less than a second, to take from four days to four years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2-6 years. It does not decay, but undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium’s mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes, not to mention multiple oxymorons.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. That hypothetical quantity might normally be called “critical mass” but, in this unique case it is known as “critical mess”.

When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (Am), another just-discovered element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

~~ I thought we could all use a little comic relief! Governmentium + Administratium = Ad Naseum! “

Enjoy your day, Gotta love science humor ! Even Koyaan would agree with this, cept he probably would site some kinda amendment to disprove theory :) luv ya man.

32. seeks truth says:

Beautiful Catholic church pro-life video featuring Obama

33. tm says:

McCain Aide Niccole Wallace Thanks Obama For Allowing Republicans to Support Him
    I seem to remember her name coming up a lot as people guessed about which McCain aides were trashing Sarah Palin anonymously in the press.
    ok so the mole who hated palin who put those lies in the press is in the tank for chairman BOBO. I think this should show us how we were screwed by mccain and his people and we should have just bumped him in favor of Palin. Now as for Palin I have supported this woman from the moment she was elected governor and if any libutard asks you why? print this and hand it to them
    Question: What is the ONLY National Guard unit on permanent active duty?
    Answer: 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.
    Question: Who is the Commander in Chief of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard?
    Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska
    Question: What U.S. governor is routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism?
    Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska
    Question: What U.S. governor had a higher classified security rating than either Democratic candidate prior to the election?
    Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska
    Question: Which of the four candidates was the ONLY one with any executive experience?
    Answer: Governor Sarah Palin, Alaska
    Not qualified?
    I know.
    The truth hurts the libtard liars.

34. tm says:

Chairman BOBO is having issues with the press now ……..
    maybe they should have read this article in august This episode could be an alarming preview of what life will be like for the media with the party of the Fairness Doctrine.

@A. J, LESNEY

==========
    I don’t know. How does that apply to anything Orly is doing?

I think that it is interesting that President Obama is always using words like “transparent” and “clear”, i.e. “I have always stated clearly…Let me be as clear as possible…”, yet is actually covers and hides all information into his life.

Obama-a better door than a window.

37. Let us move forward says:

Thank you tm for the humor.